main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Party City Event

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by MAGNIFICENT-SITH, Sep 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK-3150

TK-3150 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    Sandtrooper here, ready to opress the masses!

2. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    I should be back from Tampa in time. I WILL TRY! [face_peace]

3. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    Travis and I shall be there!!

4. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

MAGNIFICENT-SITH Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2005
    Very cool...
    for those who have to suit up prior, I would get there about 5:30. I'll have you drive around behind the building to come in the back so you don't have to try to carry your stuff through the store with everyone in there....plus no one will put 2 and 2 together....
    You can come in the front and have a cashier page "Terry to the front" and I'll come up and tell you which entrance it is to the back to our store.

5. ImperialOrder

ImperialOrder Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Very good, sir. Tis very good. I need the time to suit, seeing as somehow, it takes me longer to get into the TC then you to get into the Vader...

>Steve

6. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    ...and it's not a problem assisting...
    I am trying to work out how to capture the fog around the doorway so it doesn't dissapate into the air vents as we come out the doorway. I should have it figured out by then. We might have to do it for the TC, Vader and the TK only since they have buckets. The fogger is an 8000 cubic ft output machine and mayyyyy bother some of you. Let me know if you think it'll bother you and we'll work it out getting you out the door first.

7. ImperialOrder

May 19, 2005
    An easy solution is to take some PVC pipe a little bigger than the output hole and drill holes in it. Then just put pipe together around the door. Did the same thing for under my truck one year for holloween.

>Steve

8. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    ok guys and gals...I need a head count of who is going to be there for sure. (I know Steve is going to Clone up for this.)
    All is ready on my end at Party City...fogger up and ready...strobes ready..someone has a cd of music and player of star wars right? I heard one at Cold Stone when we were there, but wasn't sure whose it was. If one of you did have it, can you bring it?
    I had to make another 30 fliers, so all and all over 80 fliers had been made or handed out. It's going to be nuts there, and with everyone that just randomly comes in for costumes not knowing we are going to be there, is going to be an even greater amount of people.
    Hopefully it doesn't rain lol
    -Terry

9. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Ani & I will be there. The radio is ours. We will bring it.

10. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    i shall be there along with my other have.

11. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Try not. Do.

12. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    ill be there :D finally!

13. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Hey guys, I'm not going to be getting int until 6:30pm and then I have repeairs to conduct of my costume. I MIGHT be there late but at this point it doesn't look like I'd be able to show in uniform. Sorry guys :(

14. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    its ok d-man..i still love ya.

15. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Had fun. I think April had more fun than all of us. She didn't want to leave and she loves her new costume. She asked where Scooby Doo was.
    Thanks Terry for setting this up. Loved the Vader, as always.

16. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    Had a great time..dinner was yummy too.

17. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    AWESOME TROOP! This was a blast Terry. Thanks for setting it up. 11 people from the group showed (and we only have 17 active members)! That is one of our best in a while!!! Looks like a Saturday evening is the time to troop. I think that is what Ani should strive for when he sets up a day in December for the Disney troop.

MiraNova-I never got to see April's costume :( What did she get??? I think I was picking up the kids from the sitters then.

I got lots of pictures and I will try and get this up on the website really quickly. I tried to get at least one of everyone (except me 'cause I'm the camera girl - LOL!)

Magnificent-Sith - When you get those pics from the other girl with the camera you can email them to me at JaxPadmeSkywalker@yahoo.com and I'll add them on since I didn't get any of us marching.

...Travis I sure hope you are feeling better honey!!!!

18. Twin_solo_Durron

Jun 30, 2003
    once we lefted you guys we went right back to my house and the whole time we were they he did not get sick again...i have not talked to him today thou..so i am not srue how is doing as of right now.

19. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    It was definitely a BLAST! I knew it would be with all the people coming for costumes and those that grabbed the fliers.
    I want to thank everyone for making it a huge success! The owner of the store was very, very happy it went off so well.
    I will send any and/or all pictures I get or create in photoshop of the event to you, Padme.

Steve your Clone was talked about by quite a few of my employees today at work. See? Clones do get some love lol

Gina, I am glad she liked the costume! Also, I think Gary lost a piece to one of his blasters or his backpack. It looks to me like it was a laser sight. I have it at work where no one will bother it.

I hope everyone enjoyed how the store looked inside as well, with all the decos and music and all around halloween atmosphere. Again...thanks so much!
    -Terry

20. ImperialOrder

May 19, 2005
    Yea, um... about that... remember how in passing I said that as we walked back, I got slightly nailed by some kid... um... damage report:

[image=http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n203/DreadedPirateSteve/DSCF0752.jpg]

Ladies and Gents, the Clone EP II bucket is now no-longer useable.

But, on a more serious note. I talked to Luis tonight. He thanks everyone for attending. But... (there's always one of them) if someone says or does an action that makes the group look bad, please, please reframe from doing it in public view. Not saying anything bad, but please watch what you say and do. Thanks.

Now, on a lighter note, I had people come up and see me I haven't seen since High School. I don't really remember these people, as an accident involing my head erased some memory, but I thank them for saying hello. And seeing someone at Terry's work I knew was weird. Well, I'm heading off to bed now (yes, she let's me sleep in the same bed now!!) and getting some rest. Laterz!!

>Steve

P.S.: If you can't tell from the picture, the crack continues all the way up underneth the paint. I have to start chipping away at paint before I know the final come out.

EDIT: Looking at it, must have been from one of the ones who kept creeping behind me and Gary, and hitting me. Because they knew they couldn't hit him from behind.

21. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Huh? What happened? Did someone say a wordy dird in public while in costume or something??? I missed that. Thought this was just common sense stuff though. Hmmmm....
    No cursing here. House rules.

22. jmknet1

jmknet1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    What did I do???

23. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    steve that stinks man. Was it those one kids in the baseball uniforms? they ripped my hood too... destructive little things...

24. MAGNIFICENT-SITH

Dec 8, 2005
    I saw those kids in the uniforms. The one held my saber, but I kept him in bewtween me and the table so he didn't run off with it. They were a tad on the brat level.

PS I sent you some pictures Padme

25. Anakin-and-Padme

Sep 2, 2005
    Oh yes, the baseball brats. They were harassing the Jawa when I first saw them. I thought you knew them Vossk or I would have asked them where their parents were because they were beign a bit beligerent.

Magnificent-Sith - Will check out the pics later after we get back from church and get them up on the site. Thanks for sending them along [face_pumpkin]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.