main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive +Passage into Darkness: The Sith Trials+

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth-Vassago, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Xen Gaal, Main Hall of Korriban Temple

Xen Gaal returned the greeting presented by Lady Shadowflame, "Thank you for such a welcome my lady, but I do not know if such respect from you is yet deserved. What the future holds may be your doom, will you be so respectful when the Dark Lord's dogs are hunting us down for treason?" The hollow voids that were now his eyes gazed down upon her for a few moments more before turning to Lord Draconis, "Come with me, both of you. The Dark Lord is holding audience with Lord Nemisis and we should be in attendance."

The Gen'Dai motioned with his hand for Draconis and Rilwen to walk next to him, and then he turned and began to walk slowly toward the meeting, if either of his companions had questions now was the time to ask. Soon they would arrive before the Dark Lord, and there Xen Gaal would make an unexpected announcement of his own, one that would shock many in the Order. One that could very well mean the demise of all they knew, and all they hoped to achieve.

Tag: dragonsith, Rilwen

2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Rilwen Shadowflame
    "Thank you for such a welcome my lady, but I do not know if such respect from you is yet deserved. What the future holds may be your doom, will you be so respectful when the Dark Lord's dogs are hunting us down for treason?"
    Rilwen blinked. Treason? The Gen'Dai Sith Lord was bold, that much was certain. A thousand paths had opened up, the doors unlocked by a single comment. "What any future holds may be my doom, my lord. Why not greet it with respect?"she said calmly.
    "Come with me, both of you. The Dark Lord is holding audience with Lord Nemisis and we should be in attendance."
    Rilwen nodded, walking slowly, shielding her mind to allow herself some room to think. She had seen the Dark Lord fight. Whether a match would be won by either was unknown, Rilwen having never seen the Gen'Dai duel.
    Inwardly, she resolved to make sure that, whatever happened, her witnessing of this future conflict his words implied would be a cautious one. Or I'd get fried in backlash. Not my idea of fun.
    Tag: Draconis, Xen
    OOC: Lady Shadowflame? That's a new one... :p

3. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Sith Temple----Temple Bowels----Afternoon/Day Two

The beast slammed into her loosing her grip on her weapon, the metal hilt sliding across the room as Pestilence appeared to be dragged underneath the beast. Then without warning Pestilence sprung up kicking he feet upwards. The creature was forced upward from the powerful kick of Pestilence and then combined with a powerful force push it vaulted the creature upwards and slammed it into the ceiling. Pestilence weapon was still across the room as gravity began to force the beast back down almost directly down upon Pestilence.

Spaceman_Spiff

Draconis----Sith Temple----Grand Hall/Throne Room

From the shadows Rilwen emerged greeting Lord Dispicable as well as Draconis, a bow of respect. "Thank you for such a welcome my lady, but I do not know if such respect from you is yet deserved. What the future holds may be your doom, will you be so respectful when the Dark Lord's dogs are hunting us down for treason?" Dispicable's words peirced through the air like daggers. The reality of what was about to unfold sank as Draconis' eyes closed briefly focusing on the force, focusing in and shrouding himself in the power of it. Draconis turned to Rilwen as she came up from her bow after listening and no doubt reflecting upon what the Sith Master had said. Come with me, both of you. The Dark Lord is holding audience with Lord Nemisis and we should be in attendance. Lord Dispicable ushered them to walk and speak with him as they made there way to the Grand Hall which Vassago occupied. As Draconis turned to follow he stepped closely to Rilwen_Shadowflame, his apprentice, his student.

Uncharacteristicly Draconis gently placed his gloved hand on Rilwen's shoulder gently squeezing and almost caress, without speaking Draconis began to walk and released his hold of Rilwen. Draconis was ushering Rilwen to engage in something that there was no turning back from now. The brief contact would have seemed as if nothing to an observer, but the deep bond Master and Apprentice had, went deeper than most could understand. A brief and intimate moment that passed in a second, that focused and stirred the fire within Draconis . Draconis was more than happy to see Riwlen alive everytime he saw her, even though he had been incredibly tough on her, driving her to the point of death, insanity, even by his own hands at times. Hoping to forge her into a Sith that could stand against any foe she wished. Perhaps she had more to learn but Draconis was confident she was more than ready for this. Falling in step Draconis took a place to the side of Dispicable.

Draconis spoke from underneath his low hanging hood in his Maulesk voice.

My friend, I know when we walk through the doors ahead it will be our time to turn this order or as you so elequently put evade the hounds. What will you have your servants do?

Draconis used the word servant, unexpectidly, but hoping to instill in Dispicable that Draconis stood behind him, Riwlen would have to choose in time or face dire consequences. Would Dispicable have them stand beside him or work from the shadows? Draconis was eager to hear Dispicable's plan. Draconis cursed the fact that he had been held up in this mission, he had not found the tablet, but he certainly found something much more valuable...

Rilwen, Xen

4. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Nemisis
    ~Sith Temple - Korriban~

Shortly after Nemisis enters the chambers of the Dark Lord, Rian enters. He is followed, a bit belatedly by Re'van who had helped Manticore enter the Temple.

Nemisis approached the Dark Lord, who had been sitting on his throne as usual; his rightful place. Nemisis bowed instantly, showing the deepest amount of respect for his former master. The Dark Marauder then rises, and proceeds to walk toward Vassago with the hand holding the tablet outstretched. Though, Vassago had different plans. The tablet flew out of Nemisis' hands and appeared in the palm of the Dark Lord. Nemisis stepped back, and, for the first time, got a good look at Vassago. Something seemed...different, he could tell. The Dark Lord seemed oddly different. It was faintly noticeable, but it was there. Also, there was a strange feeling through the Force. Something had happened, but he didn't know why.

He sure wasn't going to ask at this moment either. He would save that for another moment.

"I see you've returned, Master Nemisis," said Lord Vassago. "With your team fully intact, no less. That is to be applauded...though I am sure it is by no work of your own hand." He must have sensed the distress in the group; the anger that the group had developed after Nemisis took the tablet. Nemisis smiled as the Dark Lord continued to speak. "Who, then, is responsible for bringing this tablet into my hands? Was it indeed Nemisis, or perhaps another single member? Or the entire team sent? Please...come forward."

Nemisis waited a moment before replying, looking at each individual who he had watched over during the mission. "Of course, milord, I had little to do with the success of this mission." He looked, once more, to those who he had accompanied. He never had the intention of keeping all the glory for himself. Besides, the Dark Lord knew.

"I simply overlooked, as you instructed, Master. Though," He paused for a moment, smiling. "Though, that did not prevent me from...having fun." He spoke of the quick and easy kills he delivered in the terentatek cave. The Dark Marauder turned once more to the apprentices. "Well done, apprentices."

TAG: Darth-Vassago, HunterPrime, Master_Valar, greyjedi125

5. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Pestilence the Wookiee:

Even as the creature was falling back toward the Warrior, her saber flew into her hand and, in what seemed like one smooth motion, she turned it on and threw it up toward the creature while using the Force to keep it lit and horizontal. It was aimed at the neck, seeking to separate head from body.

She took a step closer to the pedestal, keeping her senses attuned to the creature so as to know whether or not she had destroyed it, or if there was further fun to be had. Even as she walked toward the door, she sent the Force both in front and behind her, one pull meant to bring the saber back into her hand, and the other meant to bring the stone, the final piece of the puzzle.

TAG: dragonsith

6. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Sith Temple

Once Lord Manticore is once again on his feet, she draws herself up, and stands. She is silent, but the Darkside burns within her, as she turns, and then moves to catch up with Rian and Lord Nemisis. She is pleased that Lord Manticore is mobile, but she continues to feed from the darkness around her, the feeling buring bright within her. Not angry, but with a renewed purpose, does she stride down the long dark corridor, as she walked beside Lord Manticore. As they enter the room, she is just in time to see the tablet jumps from Nemisis' grip, watching as it finds it's way to the waiting palm of the Dark Lord. In an instant Vassago's focus is now on the tablet. Throughly he examines it, making certain all is in order with it. Subtly he nods, showing approval to himself. A slight smile creeps across the aged lips of the Dark Lord as he raises his gaze to those entering his presence.

Re'van watches his actions closely. It seems the Dark Lord is pleased. Re'van smiles slightly. That is a good thing. At least, she hopes it to be. Lord Vassago rises from his throne, using his staff to aide him. He was not using a staff eariler. She remembers the fight within the arena. She filters the thought away for later contemplations. Lord Vassago walks towards Nemisis first, the tablet in his right hand, his staff snug between his right arm and body. Looking the Sith Lord over briefly, the Dark Lord begins to speak.

"I see you've returned, Master Nemisis. With your team fully intact, no less. That is to be applauded...though I am sure it is by no work of your own hand." The Dark Lord pauses, and Re'van's eyes narrow, as she watches the events unfold. She looks towards her teammates for a moment, until the Dark Lord begans to move once again. Slowly beggining to pace, the Dark Lord walks passes Nemisis, lightly grazing his shoulder as he continues.

"Who, then, is responsible for bringing this tablet into my hands? Was it indeed Nemisis, or perhaps another single member? Or the entire team sent? Please...come forward."Darth Vassago says, peering around the room slowly whilst speaking.

As Re'van watched, Nemisis began to speak."Of course, milord, I had little to do with the success of this mission." He looked, once more, to those who he had accompanied. "I simply overlooked, as you instructed, Master. Though," He paused for a moment, smiling. "Though, that did not prevent me from...having fun." He then spoke of the quick and easy kills he delivered in the terentatek cave. The Dark Marauder turned once more to the apprentices. "Well done, apprentices."

Re'van's decided then, that this was the last part of a long series of tests. She bit down on her inner cheek so hard, that she eventually drew blood. Tasting the salty sensation in her mouth, made her feel better, even as she stood next to Lord Manticore. She would admit, that he did nothing, but watched. His accolade, in front of the Dark Lord however, did not have the effect that was desired. Or perhaps it did? She mulled the thought over in her mind. Right now, she felt quite proud of their accomplishment. She looked to her teammates at first, before she finally decided to speak. After all, Lord Vassago was waiting for a response. Stepping in front such a man, was a tenutive postion. One never knew what to expect. But a question was asked, and a response was mandatory.

Re'van nodded to her teammates, and then stepped forward. She bowed low. "My Lord, It was the efforts of the team, that brought the tablet back to its rightful place, within your grasp." she replied, keeping her voice firm and even. She then stepped back, and stood, awaiting a response. Her eyes shined fiercely, as she waited. The team had worked hard together. Even if there was no other prize, that alone had proven much. Even of the ex-Jedi, who had redeemed himself somewhat in Re'vans mind. She stood calm, within the Darkside, that swirled around her.

TAG: Darth-Vassago, Darth_Nemisis, Master_Valar, Greyjedi125

7. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Xen Gaal, Hall/Throne room

As the group grew closer to the throne room and the Dark Lord, Darth Draconis motioned for Rilwen to follow behind as is proper for an apprentice. Finally they approached the massive doors of leading to the chamber beyond, and their ultimate destination. "My friend, I know when we walk through the doors ahead it will be our time to turn this order or as you so eloquently put evade the hounds. What will you have your servants do?" Lord Draconis asked.

Xen Gaal stopped before the door and looked to Draconis, "You are no servant of mine Lord Draconis, we all are bound to the will of the dark side and it is that which we serve." As he continued he straightened his new robes a bit, "There is no easy way for this to begin as you well know, all depends on the Dark Lord, but trust in me and follow my lead. Whatever you do attempt to avoid drawing your lightsaber, that would only escalate the tension." Again he looked to his fellow assassin, and also to his apprentice Rilwen, "Are you both ready for what is to come?"

Tag: Darth-Vassago, Darth_Nemisis, Master_Valar, Greyjedi125, dragonsith, Rilwen

8. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    Standing in the Shadow of the Dark Lord

Rian followed Nemesis into the chamber, hardly a few steps behind him. A quick glance back showed him that his teammates had also made it to the chamber, though with what seemed a bit more effort. Manticore was still bleeding in a few places, but looked monumentally pleased with himself. Rian was silently impressed was still conscious. The young Half-Miraluka turned his gaze to the Dark Lord, immediately getting a different impression. It took a few moments for him to realized that it was not coming from his normal, human eyes, but from the ones bestowed by his mother. Using the innate but hardly focused Force Vision he had inherited, he saw Vassago's body in a different light, so to speak. Something was definetely different.

Rian waited as Nemesis bowed, delaying as much as possible as he waited for Manticore and Re'van to come beside him. It wasn't until then that he bowed himself, dropping low to one knee and resting both closed fists on the ground. His eyes fell to the ground as well, observing a small native insect to the planet scurry across the floor.

Remind you of somebody, does it?

Shut up. Rian replied to himself, crushing the insect with the thumb of his left hand.

Oh, you're such a heartless killer, aren't you? Once again you're supplicating yourself, however.

"I see you've returned, Master Nemisis," said Lord Vassago. "With your team fully intact, no less. That is to be applauded...though I am sure it is by no work of your own hand."

Rian chose not to answer this time. The entire concept of his conversation was absurd.

"Who, then," The Dark Lord continued. "Is responsible for bringing this tablet into my hands? Was it indeed Nemisis, or perhaps another single member? Or the entire team sent?"

You're no better than that puny bug you squashed.

Didn't I tell you to leave me alone? Rian said calmly in his head.

Oh I'm sure you did, but since when do we listen to anyone?

There is no we.

Of course not. Just you, and... you, right? I have another question then. When did you become too afraid to speak to another humanoid?

"Please...come forward."

Rian didn't intend to be goaded, but there was a point to be made. Why was he afraid? Nemesis said his peace then, speaking as Rian considered his own options. He had been somewhat right about the Marauder's intentions, and was glad he wouldn't "Steal their Thunder", so to speak.

"Well done, apprentices." Master Nemesis finished.

Re'van bowed low, becoming the first of the Apprentices to speak.

"My Lord, It was the efforts of the team, that brought the tablet back to its rightful place, within your grasp."

You're pathetic.

"My... Lord." Rian said suddenly, his eyes rising from the paste that was all that remained of the crushed insect, and to the Dark Lord. "There was never a doubt in our minds, we knew we would come back successful."

He paused for scarcely a moment, smiling devilishly to himself as much as to those around him. He then continued, voice calm, detached, and smooth.

"Re'van is right, we all played a role in it's discovery, despite any unexpected issues along the way." He spoke, of course, of his lack of a lightsaber and the various walls they had to climb to procure the tablet.

Rian's mouth was a firm line, and he left the floor open for any other commentary that was to be made. He thought that perhaps Manticore, who, along with Re'van, he felt had contributed somewhat more than he himself had, would have his own thoughts. For the first time since he had left, the sheath across his lower back seemed to feel naked without his Lightsaber, and he silently hoped that with all of his changing, The Dark Lord hadn't forgotten the blade he had taken possession of.

I've said all I needed to. Now leave me alone, blast you.

[b

9. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Sith Temple----Temple Bowels----Day Two/Afternoon

The creature fell with tremeandous force, flailing its legs in a vain attempt to grab hold of something. And down it came just as Pestilence positioned her saber, calling upon the force and remaining calm and collective allowing herself to even in the face of death stare it back and turn it around on itself. The beast fell upon Pestilence, her lightsaber protruding just under its neck and through its skull severing all life from it as it pierced the thick hide, flesh, and bone. In Pestilence's other hand the stone she had called forth was held firmly.

As Pestilence regained her feet and made her way to the center of the room and to the pedistal she would again see the corpse lying grasping the base of the pedistal with on arm around it, and in the other clinging lifelessly was a similar stone, indeed it was the final stone. This warrior's misfortune was Pestilence's gain now, all that remained were bones and cloth turned to almost dust. The nameless warrior had no doubt failed after securing the stones that had been in place earlier along with the one in his hand. With these two stones in hand all that remained for Pestilence was for her to return to the original chamber and place the final two pieces of the puzzle. Above her whether she knew it or not event were unfolding, the darkside was swirling congregating in the Temple of the Sith.

Spaceman_Spiff

--------------------------------------------------------

Draconis----Sith Temple----Outside Throne Room

"You are no servant of mine Lord Draconis, we all are bound to the will of the dark side and it is that which we serve." The Gen'Dai straightened his robes, adjusting his new appearance. Of course Draconis knew that, though hearing it from someone whom he considered a superior, brought confidence and a sense of loyalty to the Sith assassin directed to whom he now followed. "There is no easy way for this to begin as you well know, all depends on the Dark Lord, but trust in me and follow my lead. Whatever you do attempt to avoid drawing your lightsaber, that would only escalate the tension."

Indeed we did not need and unexpected variables enough through had gone into this and what was planned and predicted could change very quickly, if they themselves did not maintain the disipline, confidence, and will to stay on course. Draconis turned staring at the large solid doors in front of them, they had only been walking for a few moments enough to get in a quick conversation, indeed one that was extremely important the moments of brief reflection and fine tuning of plans and thoguhts in their heads no doubt seemed to last indefinately as the world slowed down briefly, their senses dialing into the force and readying themselves to call upon it if necessary. Draconis could already sense the Sith that had already congregated just beyond the doors, did they even know that they stood beyond their sight, no of course not! The man seated at the throne, Vassago yes, he knew most likely, but masking themselves in blackness and in the force it was doubtful anyone in the room before them, besides Vassago and possibly Nemisis knew that the three of them were standing there and about to enter the Throne Room. Draconis breathed deeply, not in a sign of nervousness but in a calm serene state. Even as the forboding future through the doors lay before them. "Are you both ready for what is to come?" Again Draconis breathed in before turning slightly, looking through the side of his hood over at Rilwen without saying a word Draconis stepped forward to proceed with Rilwen and Dispicable. The gleam of fire sparked in Draconis a controlled furnace, most certainly ready for what stood on the other side of these doors.

Xen, Rilwen ooc: Rilwen where are you [face_mischief]

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Rilwen Shadowflame
    Rilwen stood, mentally preparing herself for what was to happen...and for the decisions she had to make.
    A face appeared in her memory- Jasara. She tried to kill me. She would not have done so without command. She was the Dark Lord's weapon. The weapon is broken, but what of the wielder? What if he decides to finish what she began? I have no wish to have to perpetually look over my shoulder, fearing his next move. That ends. Now. Before it goes any further.
    Her face settled into a look of determination.
    "Are you both ready for what is to come?"
    "I'm ready." She smiled slightly, tasting the words, feeling their truth. Yes, she was ready.
    As ready as I'll ever be...
    She pushed the dissenting thoughts away.
    Tag: Draconis, Xen, throne room peoples

11. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001

The Warrior headed back to the chamber and placed the final two parts of the puzzle, taking a few pieces of the creature with her as a snack. She'd come back after and feast to her heart's content, and quickly, then, she would decide what to do with her prize and how to hide its existence from Draconis, and maybe Vassago.

She would have to find a place to put it where no one would think to look, and where it would be safe from discovery. This was too valuable an item to give up. She had the sense that events of major import were happening high above her head, but she could not tell what. Perhaps she was too deep underground, or her skills where not quite up to the challenge, but no matter, she would discover the truth shortly. Upon hiding her prize securely, she would head back to the Temple proper and find Vassago and the others.

12. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Sith Temple----Temple Bowels----Day Two/Afteernoon

Pestilence had placed the final two stones, the stone was now whole and a light flashed around each piece as they fuzed into a whole. The stone began to slide back revealing a pedistal which rose up from underneath where the stone had been. A top the pedistal stood a pyramid holocron which opened quickly, from with in a blue light and energy seemed to radiate. After a breif breeze a figure apeard next to the pedistal adorned in ancient trappings and a man raised his head slowly, meeting Pestilence's eyes and beginning to speak.

Well done my friend, you have succeed along with a small number of others where many more have failed. I am Kla Skri Gatekeeper of this maze that is before you. You have proved your worthiness. So what do you ask of me? Do you seek information? Do you seek direction?

The spirit asked his questions, looking curiously at the being before him.

Spaceman_Spiff

13. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001

Without hesitation, the Warrior said: "I wish to be the most powerful Sith who ever existed. It is all well and good to be the Emperor of the galaxy, in charge of all planets, as Sidious was, but it is quite another to hold every mind in thrall, so that every single being would die for you without a moment's hesitation, I want that power. I want the power of life and death over everybody. Can you help me reach this goal?"

14. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Sith Temple---Temple Bowels----Day Two/Afteernoon

The Sith warrior responded to the spirts question with tenacity and passion. "I wish to be the most powerful Sith who ever existed. It is all well and good to be the Emperor of the galaxy, in charge of all planets, as Sidious was, but it is quite another to hold every mind in thrall, so that every single being would die for you without a moment's hesitation, I want that power. I want the power of life and death over everybody. Can you help me reach this goal?" The spirit remained motionless and void of major emotion as Pestilence sounded off, until she was done and it responded.

You wish to do only what every sniveling apprentice has ever wanted, but you redeem yourself with your explination. To have everyone bowing before you and know that you are their Master and that is not changable. To hold power over your minions enough to have them fall on every sword you put in front of them, is power indeed.

The spirit paused briefly.

You seem worthy of my information then and a just reward to help you on this way. You are worthy of such items that could aid you in accomplishing such. However because of your dominating vision, I see that you are also worthy of another prize. Though I will only allow you to have one or the other. It is up to you to choose which. Behind one of the doors behiond me is a hold which has only been opened to a select few, in it you can find priceless artifacts, relics, tailismans, and items that can swell your power greatly. Or you can choose among the knowledge which I hold, musings on future events, clues on vibrations in the force which I have felt whilst being locked in this antenna for dark energy. Do not think because I am not of your realm that I do not know that above you in the ancinet halls of this temple a storm is brewing. I can tell you things that you can perhaps use in the future.

The spirit disappeared from the holocron, and then appeared next to one of the doors.

So what shall it be, the untold riches behind these doors, or the possible knowledge in my head.

To many the choice may have been obvious... take the doors with somethign tangible that you can grasp in your hands and use to increase your power, after all that is what it was all about wasn't it. Increasing ones power, and Sith items, and relics were reknown for have the ability to provide such things to a user. Or take the word of a spirit whom for ages could have played a game with those whom discovered him, promising them things testing their wills, and wisdom but then granting them nothing. The spirit either way offered great things, now the choice was up to Pestilence.

Spaceman_Spiff

15. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    [GM POST]

My apologies once more. Same with the job. Also, I will be giving out levels soon, just need to check a few things. Look for some rather large boosts in levels in the coming days. :)

[Darth Vassago---Sith Temple--Day Two: Afternoon]

~So it was not all Nemisis then? How unlike him to allow others to take credit for the work done. How unlike him to allow others to share in his spotlight. Or was it even his spotlight to begin with? Whatever the case, two others have come forth, Re'van and the former Jedi Rian. Both state with confidence nearly the same thing; it was an effort of the team that had led them to the possesion of the tablet. And with that, it is each of them that is to be rewarded. Such is fair...

A crippled smile comes over the lips of the Dark Lord as he hears the apprentices speak, and yet he notices one voice is absent...that of his own apprentice, Lord Manticore. Is the Dark Lord to believe that his own understudy had no hand at all in securing the tablet? Perhaps he was idle in the proccess, or perhaps he is too humble to state...anything.
    ~

"Well I am pleased to hear that the team assembled was able to work as a unit under the watchful eye of the Nemisis. Each of you is to be rewarded, and that re...war-......"

~All too suddenly the Dark Lord's mind is taken to another place. Pulled away from the moment by the invisible strings of the Force. The Dark Side surrounds him in a rush, giving him foresight into the situation at hand. Outisde the temples massive doors, a shroud of darkness...one he would normally welcome, but on this day, at this hour...something is not right. Vassago's mind instnatly becomes sharp as a razor, and his ears perk up. His aged eyes quickly dart to the corner of his eyes, attempting to gaze behind him. Slowly, he turns, sweeping his cape behind him.

Slowly he paces forward, making his way through each of the apprentices and such before him until he is standing in front of each of them, his back to them. No doubt, they will face him, looking ahead at whatever it is that he senses. Perhaps they sense it too, but that is unlikely; the shroud of the Dark Side is too heavy for a normal Sith, and even the most powerful Jedi...

The suspense in the air is thick, almost suffocating. With his eyes sharp as a Hawk's, and his mind just as aware, the Dark Lord stands...hunched slightly, eyes straight ahead. He takes the staff, holding it firmly with his right hand. The tablet is now safely in a pouch on the Dark Lord's belt, hidden by his cape which is drapped over his shoulders. Slowly the Dark Lord's eyebrow cocks up, almost in anticipation...
    ~

[Tag] Any and all...

16. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001

The Warrior knew exactly which choice to make. "I want the knowledge." She knew that the objects, though they might make her more powerful quicker, could be taken away without notice, leaving her potentially defenseless. However, the knowledge she might gain today could not so easily be taken away, she could always find a way to get the same amount of power, at a later date, that she was craving right now. She was patient, after all.

It was knowledge, and the ability to use it correctly, that separated the strong from the truly weak. If this Sith ghost attempted to cheat her, she would find a way to make it sorry That was a promise.
    "I want to know it all."

{b]TAG: dragonsith[/b]

17. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore

In the presence of the Dark Lord

The Dark Lord of the Sith appeared, and Manticore fell on his knee. He grimaced from the pain it caused him, but no sound came from him. Manticore listened as his Master inquired of the expedition. Darth Nemesis was the first to answer, then Re'van and Rian followed suit, affirming that the much sought-after prize was gained due to their Team Effort.

There was nothing left to be said. The term 'team' was all inclusive and self-explanatory, moreover, the zabrak's appearance spoke for itself. Obviously he had been anything, but idle. The stench of death and blood still lingered upon his person.

Manticore was still navigating the pain in his body to get an accurate sense of anything the Dark Lord may have been feeling towards his person. Perhaps it was just as well. Such a being was unfathomable. No sooner had he considered this, when the darkside surged all around them.

Almost immediately, Dark Lord Vassago strode through their ranks and faced the chamber doors.

Manticore slowly rose from the floor and begun to turn. His hand brushed his saberstaff as his eyes narrowed dangerously. He noticed his Master's posture and was not comforted by it. The blood red zabrak stretched out with his senses as he also began to feed on the darkside.

If strength was to be required of him suddenly, he was lothed to be found lacking.

Patiently he waited, as he clenched one red fist within a black glove.

Tag: HunterPrime, Valar, Nemisis, Vassago ( anyone else )

18. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Xen Gaal

As soon as both Rilwen and Draconis had indicated they were prepared the Gen'Dai waved his hand slightly causing the massive doors to swing open of their own accord, beyond could be seen the great hall that contained the throne of the Dark Lord. Xen Gaal slowly walked forward, as he did his keen senses noted the position of all those present in the room, especially that of the Dark Lord and Lord Nemisis. The others were of passing concern to him, and his entire being focused on the most dangerous of those in attendance.

The Dark Lord had obviously sensed their presense, and he was already looking at his direction as he and the others entered the room. This was not suprising of course, one could hide very little from Lord Vassago. Xen Gaal continued to walk until he was within mere yards of the others, "Greetings Lord Vassago." The Gen'Dai spoke in a neutral tone and showed none of the typical displays of respect given upon greeting the Dark Lord, "I trust your slaves have pleased you by their success today." He said waving his hand toward Lord Nemisis and his group.

"I however come with news of dire importance, for today war decends upon the Sith." He paused for a few moments to guage the reaction of the others, "My apprentice Scourge has not returned from his mission, nor will he ever. He has passed from this life, but before he died he sent me one last warning." Xen began to approach the Dark Lord slowly as he continued, "His warning was that a new threat had risen, one that will press our order to the very brink of destruction." Finally he was standing directly before the Dark Lord, as their eyes met with an intense gaze he continued, "What do you intend to do about this threat." His tone was clearly not that of a question but rather a challenge.

Tag: Vassago, Nemisis, dragonsith, Rilwen, Hunter, gj125, Valar, anyone else I may have missed

19. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005
    Sith Temple---Temple Bowels----Day Two/Afteernoon

The spirit returned to its perch hovering above the holocron in front of Pestilence.

You are different from most, most people are not willing to take the risk that I may be fooling them, most yearn for instant power which the artifacts are sometime scapable of, if one is able to unlock their secrets. But yet you choose to take a risk, knowing that even if I held nothing, the reward that I held something was worth it. I would consider such a wise choice my friend. So... as I mentioned, I am well aware of what is transpiring above, I call feel the pulses echoing through the force. And even more importantly I can tell you what they are about. As gatekeeper here I have been alive for millennia warriors come along, some accomplish waht you have and then I reposition the stones accordingly back in the individual chamber for someone else to try, I also tend to the beasts, one of which you defeated impressively... she was trong having been down here for quite sometime.

The spirit paused cocking its head and closing its eyes, as if searching its mind.

Ah, needless to say you are tired of me going on, and now seek for me to devulge what I think will aid you. For I have much knowledge in my head... but some of it may not be of any use to you... indeed I have forgotten some even, but a core remains... the contact I get with warriors like yourself every few years allows me to keep things fresh. So you seek knowledge, wisdom. Here is what I have for you... With that the spirit offered up the knowledge it thought to be most useful to Pestilence.

Spaceman_Spiff

OOC: Sent you a PM regarding the rest of the post. We are doe with your end of the mission, you can rejoin everyone when you like.

20. Spaceman_Spiff

Nov 30, 2001

After learning everything the spirit had to say, and making sure that no one could ever make off with the holocron, she headed back up to the throne room, the center of the action. She had briefly considered taking the object for herself, but the spirit had quickly disabused her of that notion, indicating that it would fight her, to her death, of course, not its own. She had no illusions, at her current power level, that she could defeat something that was already dead. So, instead, she worked on the area around the object.

The holocron's location having been safely hidden from prying eyes, she headed back up to the throne room, the center of the action. She knew what had been happening, and what was sure to happen next, and she could not wait. But, what would her role be in this drama? That was yet to be determined.

TAG: dragonsith, and everyone else in the throne room

21. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Darth Vassago's Lair

They all stood together now. Rian and Mantiore, along with hereslf. It was they, who had earned the tablet. And Re'van had made that perfectly clear. Now, she had stepped back with the others, as Rian had spoken. Manticore remained silent. And why not? After all, there was not much to say, that had not already been said. Lord Manticore was a being of few words. Whatever the case, she was glad, when the Dark Lord began to speak once again.

"Well I am pleased to hear that the team assembled was able to work as a unit under the watchful eye of the Nemisis. Each of you is to be rewarded, and that re...war-......"

Suddenly Lord Vassago, stops in mid-sentance. Something important has garnered his attentions elsewhere. Re'van stood, wondering the significance of such an event. Lord Vassago's eyes suddenly dart about, as if to look behind him. Slowly, he turns, sweeping his cape behind him. What was cause the Dark Lord to take such an interest? In mid sentence no doubt. Something THAT worthy of his attentions, must be of importance. Something serious enought that makes even HIM stand up and take notice. Slowly he paces forward, making his way past each of the apprentices and such before him until he is standing in front of each of them, his back to them. He is searching before him, at the doorway that they had just moments ago entered. Re'van's hands fall to her sides, as she cast a quick eye to the others, and then back towards the door. The suspense in the air is thick, almost suffocating. The Dark Lord stands...hunched slightly, eyes straight ahead. He takes the staff, holding it firmly with his right hand.

The energies that Re'van had been projecting eariler increased. The Dark Lord had said nothing, so she would not physically act, unless it was deemed necessary. But lack of physically movement, did not mean total lack of action. She allowed the Darkside to flow and crest around her, as they stood silently, awaiting to see what lay beyond the doors. The doors suddenly swug open wide.

A Gen'Dai and some others, that Re'van had seen briefly around the temple entered the room, the Gen'Dai walked until he was within mere yards of the others. She watched silently, reading the body language of the group. "Greetings Lord Vassago." The Gen'Dai spoke in a neutral tone and showed none of the typical displays of respect given upon greeting the Dark Lord, "I trust your slaves have pleased you by their success today." He said waving his hand towards Re'van and the others. Re'van said nothing, but a slight smile reached her lips. Slaves? As beginning students, they were many things, but not slaves. Obvious, from the actions and manners of this one, there was much trouble brewing within the ranks. She remembered how the Dark Lord had appeared eariler. And what she felt, when they had just recently walked into the chambers. What had transpired while they had been gone? Re'van could care little of the dance of words. She watched, her eyes sharp, as she feed from the reactions within the Darkside. Her face and body took a neutral stance, as she listened. The Gen'Dai continued.

"I however come with news of dire importance, for today war decends upon the Sith." He paused for a few moments to guage the reaction of the others, "My apprentice Scourge has not returned from his mission, nor will he ever. He has passed from this life, but before he died he sent me one last warning." Xen began to approach the Dark Lord slowly as he continued, "His warning was that a new threat had risen, one that will press our order to the very brink of destruction." Finally he was standing directly before the Dark Lord, as their eyes met with an intense gaze he continued, "What do you intend to do about this threat." The statement was not a question, but a challenge. Re'van wondered if this 'challenge' was backed by others? Perhaps, they had sensed a weakness? Either way, the next few moments, would play out with great interest.

TAG: GreyJedi, Valar,

22. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    The Dark Lord's Lair

Rian followed the Dark Lord's movement, as the elder Sith trailed off and walked back to his chamber's door. He hesitated there, as all eyes seem to remain locked on him. Rian was tense, tightly coiled, as he narrowed his eyes. Through the force he could sense little to nothing at all out of place, for he wasn't yet that well attuned to the ebb and flow of the energies of the universe. However, every animal instinct in him was screaming that something wasn't quite right.

Even though nobody had yet brought their own blades to light, Rian wished he had a tight grip on his own lightsaber. Unfortunately, it was tucked quite snugly in the Dark Lord's robes, assuming he didn't stow it somewhere even less accessable. Rian had other methods of defending himself, if push came to shove, though he wasn't as confident in his abilities as he was that those around him had infinitely more combat experience.

He shot a sideways glance at Re'van, hoping to catch her eye. She probably understood the situation as well, if not better, than he himself did. And as Rian listened to the man he had yet to meet continue to speak to the Dark Lord, he felt even more uneasy. The stranger had little to no visible reverence for the Sith Lord's position, which almost certainly implied a defiance that would not be tolerated.

"What do you intend to do about this threat?" The other Sith asked with finality, his inquiry more of a challenge than anything.

Rian narrowed his eyes slightly, glancing at Manticore and then to Nemisis. Being at the bottom of the food chain, so to speak, Rian had little to no qualms about who he followed, so long as it would lead him further down the path to his own understanding and power. However, the others would have much more attachment to the current Sith Lord, especially his ex-apprentice, and the one that currently held the title.

Should sides be taken, Rian would without a doubt take up arms alongside those who had already proven themselves to him. After the trials that they had gone through, and after Rian had already given them credit for a good portion of his own progress with the recently finished mission, he would hardly just step to the side and let them fight alone.

Yet he was curious. What was this man speaking of? What threat loomed so heavily over the heads of the Sith Order? What could men and women of this dark faction have to fear? The Jedi Order? Hardly. Rian almost scoffed at the thought. The Jedi were hardly up to the task of hunting down and exterminating the Sith. They were too busy securing their own position of power in the universe.

Perhaps, at the end of it all, there would be no bloodshed; No locked lightsaber blades. Still, Rian kept himself prepared to spring into action at a moment's notice. He sized up all three of them quickly. There was the stranger, the Sith Lord who Rian had scarcely met, and the women with whom he had shared a silent gaze before the mission. If things did get out of hand, Rian thought it would be a rather square fight. In the deep, hollow crevases of his quickly darkening soul, he almost hoped for such a skirmish.

Tag: The Entire room, GM

23. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Nemisis
    ~Throne Room, Sith Temple - Korriban~

Lord Nemisis watched as the Dark Lord thought for only an instant. There was no doubt in his mind that Lord Vassago had been a bit surprised by the response he gained from Nemisis; the Dark Maruader was not one to give others their rightful success. It was rare for him to steal others glory, however, he usually did it better than those he competed against, thus his position he holds in the Sith Order today.

"Well I am pleased to hear that the team assembled was able to work as a unit under the watchful eye of the Nemisis," the Dark Lord said. "Each of you is to be rewarded, and that re...war-......" Vassago stopped in mid-sentence. Nemisis looked at him, puzzled. However, he felt it too. There was something outside the doors. A threat, perhaps? Or just a mere disturbance that would not cause a hair to be lifted.

He followed Vassago with his eyes, clasping his two lightsabers with his hands under his robes. As he turned around, he noticed confused looks in those around him, but the apprentices and the fallen Jedi must have got the hint; they all seemed to ready themselves.

Nemisis walked up beside Lord Vassago, behind and to the right of him, gazing expressionless at the door. Then, it opened, and in walked in a giant of a creature, a Gen'dai known as Xen Gaal. It had been quite a long time since Nemisis had seen this creature that he considered a friend; the three of them, Vassago, Nemisis and Xen Gaal, had ascended the ranks nearly at the same time. Together. At least, that's how Nemisis saw it. It was the first time in a long time the three of them had been in a room together.

The Gen'dai was followed by another familiar face, Lord Draconis. He was quite the skilled Sith; a Sith who Nemisis respected. Next was Rilwen, a lady Sith who Nemisis had grown accustomed to seeing, and had also grown respect for. In recent weeks, he has seen little of her, however. Though, at the words spoken by the Gen'dai, Nemisis did not know how much he respect he would have for any of them.

"Greetings Lord Vassago," he said without showing any sign of respect for the Dark Lord, his ruler. "I trust your slaves have pleased you by their success today." Nemisis scowled. He was not a slave, and neither were the others. They were followers in a quest for power.

"I however come with news of dire importance, for today war decends upon the Sith," he continued before pausing. He peered at all those in the room. When his eyes reached Nemisis', the Dark Marauder tilted his head back, still wearing the same expressionless face he wore just before he and the others entered. He began to speak again, as he slowly walked towards Vassago. "My apprentice Scourge has not returned from his mission, nor will he ever. He has passed from this life, but before he died he sent me one last warning. His warning was that a new threat had risen, one that will press our order to the very brink of destruction. What do you intend to do about this threat?" Xen had stopped directly in front of Vassago, peering into his cold eyes, a sight that would make the strongest of Jedi shiver with fear. He did not budge.

Nemisis moved forth a little, his lightsabers now clipped off of his belt, but still in an unseen location. He did not like the tension that was building up in the room, and had a feeling that this may turn into a civil war amongst the Sith. He knew exactly what side he was taking.

TAG: Darth-Vassago, Despised1, dragonsith13, greyjedi125, HunterPrime, Master_Valar, Rilwen_Shadowflame, any others that I might have missed.

24. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore

Within his tattered and bloodied black robes, the blood red zabrak was fully alert and eased himself into a full ready stance variant. After listening to the Gen'Dai's words and the tone in which he spoke them, there was no doubt of their meaning.

Lord Manticore's mind was keen on the nuances of this moment. The Gen'Dai was challenging the Dark Lord and had brought his allies with him. Manticore studied them carefully. It was evident that the Gen'Dai did not fear the Dark Lord, but what about Lord Draconis and the other Sith woman with him. That they stood behind the Gen'Dai spoke clearly of their complicity.

But this...this was utter foolishness. If the threat the Gen'Dai spoke about was real, a Sith Civil War would all but guarantee the extintion of the Sith, unless of course, he was lying and this was all a ploy for his little coup d'etat, or he truly sought the destruction of the Sith since he did not wear the mantle of Dark Lord. In the end, it didn't matter. The moment at hand defined everything there was to be defined.

Those with treachery in their hearts would deal in treachery. Those with honor would be true to that code of conduct. If these sith, despite of all their accumulated knowledge and power turned out to be nothing more than superpowered backstabbers, then their fate was clear and well deserved.

Manticore let the darkside fill him completely, so much so, that it overflowed from him. He felt his energy come in contact with his fellow apprentices. Re'van and Rian. They too were at the ready.

Why did the Gen'Dai challenge the Dark Lord? Were there other Sith allied with him? These were important questions, but he did not linger on them. All would be made known in due time, as was the inevitability of how Lord Vassago would respond to such a challenge.

There was a moment of silence and the moments between seconds seemed to stretch out for millennia.

Movement caught the attention of the blood red zabrak. His fiery eyes shifted momentarily as he watched Lord Nemisis take a step forward. That act alone clearly voiced his allegiance without him having to speak it. Good. Manticore returned to scrutenizing those who were opposite the Dark Lord, those who were supposed to be considered allies by virtue of credo, but on a whim, could very well become enemies.

Perhaps the threat the Gen'Dai spoke of had been here all along.

Tag: Vassago, Nemisis, Draconis, Despised1, Rilwen, HunterPrime, Valar

25. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    ooc: Well crap.

IC: Azharan, Korriban

"What the hell just happend?" He asked himself under his breath. In the shadows of the courtyard he was like an insect, one that no one even noticed. First one group returned from their mission, the one he was supposed to be spying on. And then another group, with a large creature, the young girl, and Darth Draconis. "Better question: What the hell is going to happen?" His voiced carried low on the wind, but there was no one to hear it. Only one way to find out.

Azharan gathered himself up and held his arms close to his body, almost hugging it, his head hung low. The doors to the temple were already open and standing near the doorway were Darth Draconis and the girl, Rilwen. The large creature was face to face with Vassago, and the group that he had seen before was standing near and around Vassago. The scene reminded Azharan of a bunch of younglings at a schoolyard, gathered around a fight. His rugged lips couldn't help but bear a smile for a moment before he stepped into the tension filled temple. To be honest with himself, was to admit that he had no idea what he was going to do. For the moment he planned to stand out of the way, and listen. Observe. If luck was with him, he wouldn't end up a smoking, criss-crossed heap of flesh.

But he did recognize some faces, even if they weren't all overly friendly. The woman that he had seen in the bar, just before encountering the femme fatale was there, as well as Vassago's Zabrak apprentice, and the Sith Maurder, Darth Nemisis. The mood in the air was violent, and refreshing. If he had to, he could jump into action at a moments notice.

TAG: anyone around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.