main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive +Passage into Darkness: The Sith Trials+

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth-Vassago, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    IC: Xen Gaal
    In the presence of the Dark Lord

Xen Gaal was disappointed greatly at how Lord Nemisis jumped to the side of his Lord, "Lap dog, do not be so quick to die for your master." The dark voids of his eyes locked onto those of his old friend and his next words could be heard only in the mind of the Maurader, //"Do not throw away your life for him, you know I will kill you if you stand in my way, and then all will be for nothing. For his ambitions?! For his desires?! Tell me friend, did you not once have dreams of your own? When did that Sith die?"// Their eyes remained locked for moments more before the Gen'Dai swept his gaze over the rest of the assembled Sith.

"Life is filled with hard choices, and none of them are ever presented at convenient times." The Sith Lord said quietly as he started to walk past the Dark Lord and Nemisis ignoring them both completely, his attention was now on the lower ranking Sith in attendance for they had power at this very moment. "The true measure of a Sith is knowing when to support authority without question, and when to accept change for the better of all." Xen Gaal stopped before Re'Van, "Tell us Re'Van, are not all those present worth a equal share of this Orders power and wealth? Do we not all deserve to lay claim to that which we have fought and bled for, or is a pat on the head and a scrap of praise enough to satisfy your thirst?"

Tag: HunterPrime, and everyone in the Throne Room

2. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Draconis----Sith Temple----Throne Room

Draconis stood by, Xen Gaal's side staring right back into the faces that now looked upon the three of them with vengful eyes. No doubt every Sith present was astounded at what was unfolding before them, but perhaps not surprised. For in some manner it is to be expected, the Sith had survived for countless ages through such struggles, raising the truly powerful and casting down the weak. This time was no different, for indeed Draconis was well aware of what the three of them were doing.

Lord Nemisis stepped up to flank the Dark Lord, coming to his side showing his stalwart loyalty, just before XenGaal sounded off on his placed loyalty. Behind the two Dark Lords stood several minions. Manticore, the fiery Sith who now studied directly under Vassago, the fallen Jedi, and the woman Re'Van whom Xen had now moved to address attempting to open her eyes to the truths which all of them were blinded to right now.

Draconis could feel the tension in the air, as itchy trigger fingers thumbed at their weapons in an attempt to grasp the situation... was there suppose to be combat, would this dance of words continue? Regardless it would be extremely stupid for anyone to act rashly. Blood was not requiredto accomplish their goal, which was quickly playing out.

Draconis continued to scan the view in front of him, staring at both Nemisis and Vassago... whether they caught his gaze was not important, and perhaps Vassago felt some betrayal seeing Draconis whom had studied directly under him once, just as Manticore did now. No matter, Draconis was a Sith trained to serve, and then rule! Aquiring power in its many forms was central and Draconis was doing exactly that, Draconis had been taught well by his former Master and he intended to show such. Maintaining his ground Draconis stood silenty supporting Xen Gaal. The words of Xen could not have been more true, and whether the minions of the Sith Lord wanted to acknowledge them or not. The thoughts were in their heads now a ray of light possibly shining on a new path that they all could take.

Rilwen, Xen, all Sith

3. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Dark Lord Chambers, Sith Temple

Re'van watched the body language of both groups as they came face to face. Another also appeared, and also seemed to be watching the growing gathering with interest. Calm eyes moved back to the main pair, when the Gen'Dai spoke to Lord Nemisis. "Lap dog, do not be so quick to die for your master." Then the two seemed to stare at each other for a very long moment. Testing wills perhaps. Or perhaps they spoke so that only they were privy to the conversation. It really did not matter. Re'van watched the events unfold, looking at her own position of things. She was relatively new. She barely knew any of the main Sith. Only by sight. Most barely felt the need to breathe near the newer students. Much less anything else. So she felt no strong ties to any of them. Nemisis. Well, what she currently had thoughts about were not what one one call impressed either. His actions during their test had annoyed her. And then, there was this Gen'Dai. She didnt know anything of him. She had seen the Wookiee before. She judged by action. And so far, Lord Manticore, and Rian were the only ones who fell in that catagory. She continued to watch, intreagued.

Their eyes remained locked for moments more before the Gen'Dai swept his gaze over the rest of the assembled Sith. "Life is filled with hard choices, and none of them are ever presented at convenient times." The Sith Lord said quietly as he started to walk past the Dark Lord and Nemisis ignoring them both completely, his attentions, now seemed to be directed towards Re'van and the rest of the team. "The true measure of a Sith is knowing when to support authority without question, and when to accept change for the better of all." Xen Gaal stopped before Re'van.

Typical.Why now, did they even bother to address them. She knew why. She almost felt like smiling. She looked at the Sith, listening as he spoke directly towards her. "Tell us Re'van, are not all those present worth a equal share of this Orders power and wealth? Do we not all deserve to lay claim to that which we have fought and bled for, or is a pat on the head and a scrap of praise enough to satisfy your thirst?"

Re'van considered her words very carefully. In such a tension filled room, and many eyes upon them, she knew exactally where she stood. And she did not appreciate being placed in such a position. But she did have one advantage. None was her Master here. Her eyes narrowed slightly, as she considered the being in front of her. In a calm voice, she replied slowly. "Since I do not know you, I have little knowledge, in what it is you and the others TRULY deserve. You come in, speaking of a threat to all, and demanding action, and yet, now you began to spout words to us, about equal shares in something as petty as wealth." Re'van took a step back, and squared her shoulders. Her eyes nearly blazed within the Darkside, as she felt it ebb around them within the Dark Lord's chambers.

"You know nothing of my thirst, or for what I seek." she hissed. And until this moment, you cared little for either. I am not a dog, to be petted and praised, nor am I a fool, to be placed into the middle of something that is not mine. That which I seek, I will obtain. None will GIVE it to me. It is MINE to take. Mine to act upon. Words mean nothing. It is action that shall determine what my actions shall be. And I shall not be goaded, and controlled, like some Nerf, being lead to its slaughter." Re'van stared back at the Gen'Dai. "You claim, that the true measure of a Sith is knowing when to support authority without question, and when to accept change for the better of all." Re'van looked at the others who had walked in with the Gen'Dai. "I see little evidence of either at the moment." Re'van stepped back, joining her teammates, her eyes never leaving the Gen'Dai's.

Tag: Despised, and everyone in the Throne Room

4. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    OOC: I'm missing the fun I see. Shall I enter once again?

Zandoran Celix
    Sith Temple, Throne Room Chambers

Zandoran had wathced from the shadows, and knew that noe beleived the threat Xen Gaal was mentioning. He ahd seen it kill the girl, and then felt it kill Scourge.

Other things were happening here though, things he did not yet wuite understand, but no matter. He felt he needed to speak up now.

Emerging from the shadows, already knowing the Dark Lord had known of his presence, he spoke for all to hear.

My Lords and Ladies, this threat to you all is real. Very real. I was there when it was discovered, and it is ferocious.

Zan wished he had not stepped out of line, but he was the only living witness to the creature and its abilities.

TAG: Throneroom, if you choose to allow me back in.

5. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    OOC: Sorry this does not have markups, I kept getting an error message with them in.

In the presence of the Dark Lord

Her eyes narrowed slightly, as she considered the being in front of her. In a calm voice, she replied slowly. "Since I do not know you, I have little knowledge, in what it is you and the others TRULY deserve. You come in, speaking of a threat to all, and demanding action, and yet, now you began to spout words to us, about equal shares in something as petty as wealth." Re'van took a step back, and squared her shoulders. Her eyes nearly blazed within the Dark side, as she felt it ebb around them within the Dark Lord's chambers. The Gen'Dai remained quite and still the entire time, his stance neutral.

"You know nothing of my thirst, or for what I seek." she hissed. And until this moment, you cared little for either. I am not a dog, to be petted and praised, nor am I a fool, to be placed into the middle of something that is not mine. That which I seek, I will obtain. None will GIVE it to me. It is MINE to take. Mine to act upon. Words mean nothing. It is action that shall determine what my actions shall be. And I shall not be goaded, and controlled, like some Nerf, being lead to its slaughter." Re'van stared back at the Gen'Dai. "You claim, that the true measure of a Sith is knowing when to support authority without question, and when to accept change for the better of all." Re'van looked at the others who had walked in with the Gen'Dai. "I see little evidence of either at the moment." Re'van stepped back, joining her teammates, her eyes never leaving the Gen'Dai's.

As Xen Gaal calculated his response to Re'Van's scathing remarks the force found fit to intervene with a most convenient distraction, one very fitting for this very time and moment, Zandoran Celix, a Sith who had travelled with Scourge on this doomed mission had returned. Xen had presumed him dead along with the others, obviously was wrong about this. "My Lords and Ladies, this threat to you all is real. Very real. I was there when it was discovered, and it is ferocious. The apprentice of Scourge testified.

Xen did not take his eyes off Re'Van during this time, "If you would like more evidence that this threat is real ask the Dark Lord, long has he foreseen the possibility of what will now surely come." There was more the Gen'Dai longed to say, for it was obvious to him by the womans remarks that this order was diseased, and the cancer was the Dark Lord. "I seek not to dominate you, or wish to confuse you so that you act without the benefit of foresight. Nor do I seek to offer a pittance of a reward such as you suggest, I have no desire for wealth and expect that most feel the same, what I offer is much more than that young one. I offer equality amongst all, and most importantly I offer a fair opportunity to learn that which has been handed down for countless centuries."

The Gen'Dai finally looked away from Re'Van and directed his focus to all of those below the rank of Master, "For too long those wishing to learn have had to beg the favor of the Dark Lord to even be privy to ancient teachings or lore, he has kept vital knowledge hidden away in his private chambers as to keep himself securely fixed to the throne. I say no more, for now our very existence is threatened because of his power mongering." With this the Gen'Dai looked back to the Dark Lord, he had been quite for too long and surely that would not remain the case for long.

Tag: HunterPrime, Everyone else in the area

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    [Darth Vassago---Sith Temple--Before the Uprising]

~Words spout off from every direction. First from the Gen'dai, then from the young woman, Re'van. For the moments, the others were silent, but then Zandoran, whom had been watching from the shadows spoke up. His state is less than perfect, as he had seen and heard things vital to Xen's movement, and uprising. Draconis stood in the shadows, keeping his silence. It almost seems as if he has nothing of importance to add; the blind leading the blind, to be sure...

The words that fly through the air like leaves on a windy fall day only serve to amuse the Dark Lord. With a glance to the right, and then to his left, he watches the Gen'dai stride about the temple as if it is his own. No doubt, he would like that. Once more a smile, not so crippled as the one before, but more somber, spreads along the lips of the Dark Lord; so much runs through his mind, and ever last bit of it will be spoken. It's no surprise that this sort of uprising has found his Order....at last.

Finally, after a delay that no doubt has the Order in suspense, the Dark Lord speaks up...his voice carrying over all else...
    ~

"What a welcome surprise, Master Xen. It has indeed been sometime since you had the backbone to meet my gaze. The gaze that you've learned to fear over your time in my Order. Yes, my old friend...you know all too well how a pebble doesn't move on this foresaken planet without my knowing. "

~Vassago begins, his voice shredding through the silence, and sinking into the very walls of the temple, and likely the skulls of everyone. His voice starts out loud and commanding, but dies down to a rather hushed, ghostly whisper. The Dark Lord is no fool, he knows exactly what the Sith Master has brought to him, and he knows the intentions of the mighty creature before him. After taking a moment, peering around the room, the Dark Lord continues, his eyes and mind stretched out. His free hand sweeps his cape over his shoulder as he begins to walk slowly; the heels of his Rancor leather boots echoing throughout the temple with each step...~

"You above all should know my gaze pierces cloud, shadow, Earth and flesh. You cannot hide. Not even a creature such as yourself can hide...and now you come before me with new threats and delusions of grandeur. Do not take these loyal followers of my religion for fools; each of them has a mind, and a sense of trick and logic. They know the history of the Order, and they know that you only wish to play them as pawns in your own game. And all this time, Master Xen, all the credit I had given you for being something better...seems to of be misplaced."

~His words fly like daggers into the body of the Gen'dai. Whether or not the meaning will sink in...is yet to be seen. Gen'dai aren't known as the brightest creatures in the Galaxy. The voice of the Dark Lord was haunting, ominous. He speaks with spite, and disdain, yet his voice continues to carry a noble, elegant source. He does, however, realize that Xen does not act alone; Draconis. One the Dark Lord had trained himself, put his own time, energy, and efforts into. And now this.

The Dark Lord turns swiftly from the Gen'dai and faces Draconis, not wanting to leave the silent, blind follower out of all that he has to say. So with that instance, he locks eyes with his once apprentice, and begins to peer into his very being. His soul. Then his lips open, once more, to speak...
    ~

"Draconis. My former apprentice. Oh, the potential you had. The potential for greatness and power, and look now. Look how you've thrown it away. To allign yourself with one such as this witless, asinine creature is so far below you, and far from what you learned from me. Then again, maybe not..."

~Darth Vassago takes a moment to pause, and reflect. More-or-less...mock-reflect. He mocks, and scorns, and degrades, but he does so in such a way that no one would find it overly obvious. R

7. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    The Dark Lord's Throne Room

Rian moved calmly as the Dark Lord spoke, watching the Dark Lord as he approached the intruders. The Dark Lord's speech, which willed everyone else into silence, was a perfect opportunity for Rian to move himself into a better position for his own intentions. And so move he did, as the ex-Jedi stepped silently between Re'van and Manticore, watching Vassago as they surely did. He fell into position not two feet from between them, clasping his hands lightly against his lower back in a casual manner. The Dark Lord ranted and raved at his once faithful followers, deriving pleasure from degrading whatever thoughts they had of a coup. He was one for de-motivational speaking, that was certain.

As Vassago passed them, most of the precession turned to continue watching him. Rian, however, kept his gaze locked onto the Gen'dai and his followers with his human gaze, and watched The Dark Lord walk back to his throne with the vision given unto him by his mother. Surely the intruder's noticed his keen interest in them, though it was uncertain what they interpreted it as. Rian cared not, for their understanding meant next to nothing to him. He merely wanted to find himself the best defensible position for his allies.

"With these facts in mind, I ask now only one question..." Vassago began ominously, though Rian was sure that every person in the room could have finished the sentence.

Rian let his right hand fall to his side, the left still resting against his lower back, palm away. It was his security, and already Rian had prepared his mind for the initial action he would take should any of the Sith move toward him. He might have still been without a lightsaber, but he would hopefully surprise a few of them with swordsmanship in a different aspect.

"...Who will you stand with...?" The Dark Lord finishes after a tense pause.

"I stand with you." Rian whispered to Re'van and Manticore, not a moment after Vassago had finished. "Regardless."

That one finishing word held within it deep meaning. Whatever events happened to unfold, whichever man came out on top, Rian would side with those he could trust. Those he knew, at least somewhat. Whether or not he was beside Lord Vassago, Rian would fight alongside those between which he stood.

8. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Rilwen Shadowflame
    Rilwen stood in silence, listening to the arguments, a slight smile playing across her lips. Half in shadow, half in light, her only visible concessions to Sith appearance were the lightsabers at her belt, and the wristbands of dark metal on her arms.

All else was still the seeming of the dancer she had been- pale skin bared amid clothes of shining gold. Before entering, she'd tied back her hair, but the braided gold circlet sat still on her brow.

Watching, making no movement, the light glinted in her green eyes.

"...Who will you stand with...?"

A good question, that, posed to all in the room. Even Rilwen? Perhaps.

She had stood somewhat distanced from the others, seeming utterly detached. Now, finally, she stepped forwards.

Darth Draconis was a good Master...most of the time. Rilwen had followed loyally since becoming his apprentice. But...he had put this choice on her. He had forced her to choose in divided loyalties. He had also brought about grudges in Rilwen. Grudges she could easily have ignored, until now. But...he was her Master.

The Gen'Dai, she had considered wise. He had helped her, had given words of wisdom. She respected him. But treason?

Rilwen's steps echoed in the hush, in the tense atmosphere of the Temple. A single word, a single gesture, could be fraught with meaning in this time. It could have the power to alter the course of what was to come. No wonder, then, that the tension was so thick. It felt as though a person could simply reach out and take hold of it, like a choking length of fabric draped across the proceedings.

Rilwen had hoped not to be forced to this. To this division. This conflict. This choice. But...here she was. It was time to decide.
    Her steps carried her near to where the Dark Lord stood. Rilwen bowed silently, standing beside him. The message was clear, made clearer still as she raised her face, directing a calm stare in the direction of the Master her actions renounced. She smiled, quite deliberately using the serene expression favoured by Jedi. It was a provoking move, but one that seemed necessary. She let the smile fade. Rilwen had made her point.

Devoid of his apprentice, Darth Draconis would stand in this. Rilwen would not be manipulated further. She would not be swayed into the treachery that had been sggested.

I told him I was ready. I never said for what.

Rilwen turned her gaze back to Darth Vassago, curious to see the Dark Lord's reaction.
    Tag: Throne Room people

9. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore

Sith Throne Room, In the Presence of the Dark Lord

And so it was, that both the Gen'Dai and the Dark Lord made their discourse....and this, this was the moment of truth.

Manticore felt the heat of Re'van's powerful admonitions, the deep personal conviction of the Gen' Dai and the indelible authority of the Dark Lord. In the end, it came down to basics. Vision. Choice. Action. How the Gen'Dai and the Dark Lord would resolve their differences was yet to be determined. Perhaps they would duel....who was to say. Was there really a threat? It didn't matter, this was not about a threat to the Sith, this was an opportunistic ploy, a bona fide coup d'etat, or at least a bloodless attempt....thus far.

Manticore felt like he was burning up. He felt as if he were on fire, and he silently basked in the sensation. Never had he felt more alive than on this very moment. So much was at stake here...and any single one of them had the power to upset that balance. Yes, perhaps now certain Masters could appreciate the importance of a 'mere' apprentice. Moments like these brought a certain crystal clarity of what was often taken for granted.

But this blood red zabrak had learned his lesson well. If the Gen'Dai was so passionate about his convictions, perhaps he was willing to die for them. In which case, he should be Sith enough to challenge the Dark Lord to a duel. As it was, he was still at the Dark Lord's mercy, regardless of his posturing and his claims. Manticore had to at least give the Gen'Dai some credit for trying. Perhaps he should have brought his grievances to the Dark Lord in private, if it was truly a reform that he had in mind...."equality" and all that. As fot the threat to the sith, why bring trouble to the Sith at a time when they should be standing strong to resist such a threat? Tsk. Now it was too late for the Gen'Dai to change his mind.

"Who will you stand with...?" asked the Dark Lord ominously.

To Manticore's surprise, Rian was the first to break the silence. But his words were directed at Re'van and himself.

"I stand with you." Rian whispered to Re'van and Manticore, not a moment after Vassago had finished. "Regardless."

The Sith Apprentice nodded. "Then speak and be heard..." he answered back. But right before the zabrak could say or do anything else, the sound of footsteps caught his attention. His fiery eyes darted to see the source, and he caught the visage of the Sith Female who had been standing in shadows....and how approprietly so, for he knew her only as Rilwen Shadowflame, apprentice to Lord Draconis. One eyebrow was immediately raised over a fiery eye as he felt....surprise. Was she genuinly deciding or was this a ploy? Manticore could not know, but he was ready just the same. Rilwen's light and rhythmic footsteps continued to echo through the now silent Throne Room as she reached the side of the Dark Lord and took her place beside him. Evidently the Shadowflame had made a choice. A wise one as far as the the blood red zabrak was concerned.

Manticore then moved casually and deliberately. His expression did not betray any intention as he held his saberstaff, twisted and caused them to separate into two weapons. Of course, he could have done this so no one would see, but then the lesson would be lost. Manticore handed one lightsaber hilt to Rian then spoke loud enough so all could hear.

"I stand with the Dark Lord." he proclaimed intently, still standing with Rian and Re'van.

His fiery eyes were now like slits as he cast an accusing gaze upon those who stood on the opposite side of the Throne Room. His choice, he was certain, was not a surprise to anyone present. Out of all the dissenters, he only knew Draconis, a Sith Lord he'd come to respect and hold in high esteem. Now, he had to harden himself for any possible outcome. The blood red zabrak felt no joy or regret now...just patience, for whatever the fates had in store,

10. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Pestilence the Wookiee:

"Who will you stand with?"

These were the words that could ignite the fuse on the tinderbox that was this room. While the Warrior could appreciate that this was the natural way of the Sith, and while she would usually enjoy the machinations that were sure to occur, things were rapidly getting out of hand, and the Warrior knew that the Sith could ill afford to be divided at this moment in time, especially with what she knew was coming. She moved closer to the center of the room, using the Force to amplify her voice, so it would reach all corners of the space.

"This is not the time for such foolishness! We wonder why the Sith empires have never lasted? This is a primary example of the folly. At our moment of greatest danger, the point when we are more vulnerable than at any other point in the history of our Order, we would turn against each other? Ask yourselves, each one of you: is this wise? Look inside yourselves, deep into the heart, and find the truth. You will find that your survival instict is greater than your desire for power. If it is not, I suggest you walk out of this room and off of this planet, for I would rather you kill yourself and not the rest of us.

"What would it say about us and how weak we were as an Order if it did not even take the Jedi, our sworn enemies, to destroy us? What say you, my Sith brothers and sisters? Will we stand together, unstoppable, or will we form factions and declare war upon each other, and thus be scattered to the four winds forevermore, as if we had never existed?

"Remember, power is worthless if the foundation upon which it stands is crumbled."

Having said her peace, she could only wait and see how the others reacted.

TAG: everyone in the throne room

11. Master_Valar

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou

Rian watched silently as the woman he had heard called "Shadowflame" moved to take a place with Vassago.

Shadowflame, eh? Interesting name.

Frag.

Oh yes, I'm still here. The tension is this room is quite amusing, I must say.

Rian didn't reply, he merely watched the Shadowflame woman. Next to him Manticore moved, and Rian saw him detach his saber-staff from the corner of an eye. The man's next action surprised him; Manticore handed over half of his weapon. Rian felt the hilt of the lightsaber rest in his left hand, the handle still cool.

How touching. I think I might be crying, just a little.

Rian ignored the internal voice again, moving the weapon in front of him, he hefted it casually. It was a little heavy for his taste, but he felt much more comfortable with a blade in hand. It had seemed like an eternity since he had handed his over to Lord Vassago, and since he had first met the two between which he stood. It was strange how a life-threatening mission could build alliances so quickly.

Well, looks like you won't need to conjure your other sword.

It couldn't hurt. Rian replied finally, grasping the hilt with both hands, and pointing the emitter straight up.

That's the spirit! You know, I think the wisest course of action would be to side with the most powerful side. And unless this Gen'dai has accumulated an invisible Sith Army...

We're in agreement then, aren't we?

Now you're thinking, Little Dark One.

Rian smiled maliciously, and slowly, deliberately, a pillar of red light extended upward from his half of Manticore's saber. In Rian's opinion, actions spoke volumes when compared to words. His intentions, and growing enjoyment, was obvious. Should the Gen'dai and Lord Draconis move against any of the Apprentices, Nemesis, or the Dark Lord, there would be immediate opposition.

Tag: Manticore, Re'van, Vassago, Nemesis, Xen, Rilwen, Draconis, Others

12. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore

Both Fury and dissapointement blossomed like nuclear detonations inside the blood red zabrak. His eyes bulged in disbelief, and if it were not for his iron will......well, there was no need to finish. He felt both partially culpable and if not a bit dishonored by the former jedi's action.

"You will disignite that weapon immediately!" he ordered with controlled vehemence clear in his voice. He glared at Rian, fire almost leaping from his eyes. How foolish he felt, having believed that the ex-jedi would understand. Manticore had given him the weapon so that he would not be weaponless, but this....he was clearly trying to incite a fight. Rian had just dishonored Manticore with his actions, and should the Dark Lord ask him to take the ex-jedi's foolish life.....in this instance, he would be justified, and sadly, he would not hesitate to carry out such an order. Too much was at stake to be 'decided' upon one foolish act.

The Blood red zabrak eyes did not leave that of the ex-jedi as he waited for immediate compliance.

This was utter foolishness!

"Pestilence!" he growled aloud.

"Wise words, now say them again, this time to the Gen'Dai."

Manticore said no more and did not wait long for Rian to comply. If the ex-jedi chose to delay, then it was best to be rid of such hidden idiocy now and for all, especially now that it was revealed.

What a shame.

Tag: All in Throne Room

13. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - within the Dark Lord Chambers

As the Gen'Dai worked to reply to Re'vans remarks, another entered the room. Re'van vaguely remembered the man. As the Gen'Dai has so fitting put it, like some lap beast, the Sith entered, spewing words like a rabid beast. "My Lords and Ladies, this threat to you all is real. Very real. I was there when it was discovered, and it is ferocious." he testified. Re'van was silent, but not suprised. The Gen'Dai meanwhile, had not taken his eyes off Re'van during this time.

"If you would like more evidence that this threat is real ask the Dark Lord, long has he foreseen the possibility of what will now surely come."

Re'van didn't reply. With time, anything could be 'foreseen.' She could foresee that the Sith were turning into idiots.

But that didn't mean it would be happening. But the future was always in motion. Just because it was seen, doesn't mean it has to come to past. Basic lesson. The Gen'Dai continued.
    "I seek not to dominate you, or wish to confuse you so that you act without the benefit of foresight. Nor do I seek to offer a pittance of a reward such as you suggest, I have no desire for wealth and expect that most feel the same, what I offer is much more than that young one. I offer equality amongst all, and most importantly I offer a fair opportunity to learn that which has been handed down for countless centuries." There is equality...in death. Re'van thought silently to herself. Fairness and equality, were rare items to obtain.

And even harder to maintain. It was difficult to earn among the lower ranks, as they all vied for various positions. She could imagine what it must be like in the upper levels. One was always proving that they had the strength to keep what they had earned. It was the natural order of things. After all, IF he somehow managed to overthrow the Dark Lord, all his words could vanish quickly. How to you place trust, such a being? And those who walked with him? Even less so. She had seen how the Wookiee delt with others. There was no trust there.

The Gen'Dai finally looked away from Re'van and directed his focus to the others below the rank of Master, "For too long those wishing to learn have had to beg the favor of the Dark Lord to even be privy to ancient teachings or lore, he has kept vital knowledge hidden away in his private chambers as to keep himself securely fixed to the throne. I say no more, for now our very existence is threatened because of his power mongering."

With this the Gen'Dai looked back to the Dark Lord, he had been quite for too long and surely that would not remain the case for long.

Such a speech made Re'van smile slightly. After all, they had no way to judge, if the things he had just spoke of, were true or not. They were not privy to such information. They wanted to start a Sith revolution, then they would do it without her aid. It was a battle that the upper ranks needed to tend to, and tend to it quickly, if a threat to them all WAS truly there. If they had felt powerful enough to take on the Dark Lord, then their training was obviously not lacking. So he had not withheld everything. Either way, it was not in her interest to intervine, one way or the other. At least, not at this moment. But she remembered the change she had felt when they had entered the Dark Lords chamber.

Perhaps change was to come into being this day. "Delicious." she said softly to herself. Then, things began to really take interest. A few other beings spoke up, and then, The Dark Lord, Darth Vassago himself speaks. He said a great many things, but it was the end of his speech, upon which much of what was to happen, would be decided.

A long silence. Stillness. Nothing. The Dark Lord peers around the room, standing high above the rest, his arms outstretched. He waits, then brings his hands together, clasping them for a moment, then holding the staff tightly. Slowly he lowers his head, his eyes stretching out around the room. In a low, tone, he asks...~ "...Who will you stand with

14. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    In the presense of the Dark Lord

In the following moments much was said by many, and in the end it looked as if the Gen'Dai and his sole ally Lord Draconis were standing alone against the entire collected might of the Sith. Manticore was the last to speak,

"Pestilence!" he growled aloud.

"Wise words, now say them again, this time to the Gen'Dai."

In the face of such clear opposition it was obvious to Xen Gaal that his attempt to bring truth to the blind had failed, "So you have all decided then. Each of you have chosen the slaves path, soon you will fully understand your error and look upon this day with regret."

The Gen'Dai looked to each for moment longer, and then to the Dark Lord. In that time he sent spoke telepathically to his only ally. /"Lord Draconis, this is over. You know what you need to do."/

Slowly he brought his hands up to the hood covering his masked face and pulled it down, he then extended them toward the group and a small flame appeared in the palm of his hand.

The flame began to grow quickly as the Gen'Dai fed it with his own rage, its heat caused the ancient Sith's robes to catch fire and soon all could feel the intense waves of heat roll off the sphere in his hand.

As he drew back his arm to hurl the flaming globe of abyssal fire the Gen'Dai Xen Gaal intensified its heat to the fullest of his ability, so intense was the flame that the robes on that arm were gone and the skin and muscle could be seen peeling away as it was consumed by the fire.

Tag: Draconis, everyone else in the room

15. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Within The Dark Lord's Chambers

The Gen'Dai knew that whatever he had attempted to do, was not going their way. The supposed Sith, known as Draconis had been strangely quiet. This made Re'van think that other treachery was to come into play soon. When talk failed, action usually quickly followed.

"So you have all decided then. Each of you have chosen the slaves path, soon you will fully understand your error and look upon thiss day with regret." The Gen'Dai spoke to the assembled group. The Gen'Dai looked to each for moment longer, and then to the Dark Lord.

Re'van had kept herself open to the Darkside during the encounter. Her abilities, while not as powerful as many within the room, still had their uses. And right now, she drew upon one of them. She slowly began to work with the vast ebb of Darkside energies that flowed within the room, and drew them to her, feeding from them. Their touch was subline, and the taste, of it, made her involuntary shudder. Oh, yes, there was much here, for her to touch. Everyone was exhibiting their own unique 'touch' within the Force, and in the Darkside especially. She dropped down her head till only her eyes showed, listenting and watching the events slowly unfold. The Gen'Dai brought his hands up to the hood covering his masked face and pulled it down, he then extended them toward the group and a small flame appeared in the palm of his hand. The flame began to grow quickly as the Gen'Dai fed it with his own rage, its heat caused the ancient Sith's robes to catch fire and soon all could feel the intense waves of heat roll off the sphere in his hand.

As he fed the flame, Re'van could feel the Darkside energies explode. The rage. The anger. How wonderfully powerful. She could touch that anger. Taste it. As it grew, so did her ability to absorb from it. Even as she enjoyed the beautiful blossom of anger, that spiked from the Gen'Dai, she wondered what of the flame. Her answer came, as he drew back his arm to hurl the flaming globe of fire. Where? Re'van was unsure of his intended target. Only one, or the entire room? Or perhaps himself? Whatever transpired next, she had her own plan. She dared not move, so enraputred was she within her own actions. She watched, as the Gen'Dai intensified its heat to the fullest of his ability, so intense was the flame that the robes on that arm were gone and the skin and muscle could be seen peeling away as it was consumed by the fire. More for her to feed from, even as her nose began to pick up the smell of roasting flesh. What point was he intending to make? That he made a good bonfire? That was quickly growing evident. The power that Re'van was hungrily absorbing, she prepared to use in another form, in case the Gen'Dai decided to do something with the flaming sphere. Her dark eyes shinned with the raw, uncontrolled power, she felt, and the Darkside, who's pulse she felt strongly beat, as it coursed through the area.

Tag: GreyJedi, Valar, Nemisis, everyone else in the room

16. Master_Valar

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou

"You will disignite that weapon immediately!" Manticore growled, his voice viscious and intense.

Rian left the saber activated, his smile fading to the naturally serious face he held. His eyes remained locked on the Gen'dai, who appeared not to notice Rian's actions at all.

"Pestilence!" he growled aloud. "Wise words, now say them again, this time to the Gen'Dai."

In Rian's opinion, Manticore was blind to the obvious. The Gen'dai hadn't come for a friendly chat; He had intended to turn the Dark Lord's followers against him, and seize the throne. And a Sith didn't seize anything with words. He had come not to help his fellow Sith see the light, but to usher them quickly into the darkness of death. Out of the corner of his mouth, Rian whispered harshly over at his ally.

"Don't be absurd, Manticore." He said, eyes narrowing.

"So you have all decided then." The Gen'dai began.

Rian continued to speak in a strained whisper, so only Manticore and Re'van could hear him properly.

"Did you really think this would end without bloodshed? He didn't come here to warn Vassago, he came to kill him. And us if we didn't side with him."

"Each of you have chosen the slaves path, soon you will fully understand your error and look upon this day with regret." The Gen'dai said, pausing for a moment.

The Sith Master drew back his hood, extending both hands out at the opposing Sith. Immediately a ball of fire burst forth into his hand, consuming his robes quickly. He fed it with the Dark Side of the Force, which Rian could see in his mind's eye as though it were a black fog. He was not yet skilled enough to draw upon the expended energy, but even he could feel it permeating the entire room.

The Gen'dai fed the fire still, the intense flames uncomfortably pressing against Rian and the others. He drew his hand back, preparing to launch the ball of fire at someone in the room. Rian shifted the still lit saber to his side slightly, curious if such a flame of dark energy could be deflected. Rian narrowed his eyes, his mouth a tight line. The Gen'dai had a trick up his sleeve, which Rian had expected. It wasn't something he worried too much about. Surely the Dark Lord, or Lord Nemisis, would know how to counter whatever it was that was about to be launched.

Regardless, Rian would defend himself and his allies as best he could. He might have been the lowest of the low in the ladder of the Sith, but he would not go down without a fight.

Tag: Manticore, Xen, Re'van, The Dark Lord, any others

17. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

Draconis had listened intently and patiently to the cadre of Sith whom voiced their lining this hall speak, and subsequently attempt to make their presences known. Draconis quietly atepped forward, almost in uninson with Xen Gaal beginning to speak, giving what Draconis knew where his last words. Indeed they had not pursuaded anyone, their hearts and minds were so affriad of standing up for something. Draconis did not blame them entirely for not trusting them, but it seemed they had never opened their ears in the fisrt place. Throughout the last few minutes all of the words the Sith had spoken had meant nothing to Draconis, they had not listened at all to them, and Draconis was not going to waste his time liteneing to them rebuke and mock him.

And so, Xen Gaal had implemented his final plan, which they had discussed, Draconis knew what was going to happen exactly and what would come to pass in the future. However the current state of affairs left a sour taste in his mouth. As clear as a bell the words Xen sent to him were heard. "Lord Draconis, this is over. You know what you need to do." Draconis' head dropped slghtly, as he indeed knew what he needed to do. Like a phoenix Xen ignited himself, smell of burning flesh permiating the chamber. Draconis now stood almost directly next to Xen, the heat scorching his robes and singing them with flame.

What would have seemed like a few seconds to the others in the room, felt like an eternity to Draconis. Draconis stood close to the Gen' Dai so close he was already almost engulfed in flame as well. Finally it was time Draconis raised his hand upwards in a swift move using his control of fire to send the flame back onto Xen as he prepared to hurl it. With his other free hand Draconis ignited his saber as he was now in the air aimed to slice of Xen's arm which the Abyssal Fire was eminating from. The flame came down upon them both engulfing Xen and Draconis in a fireball. Using all his strength Draconis moved not waiting to see if his strike connected. Draconis' fueled his power drawing in the darkside using his command of flame, even still he could feel anything, embued with the power of the darkside, utilizing his teachings. His quickly robes ignited as the flames began to burn him. Draconis had now landed on the left back side of Xen. His second saber was already in hand, and as spun back with force he brough both of them around this time for the death blow. Draconis could feel the searing pain of his pwn flesh burnign, melting almost, the pain was immeasurable, combined silently in his head with the pain of what he was doing. So unfortunate, such a waste, yet it was required. Both of his sabers entered at exactly the same time, one right at the neck and the other right at the waist. Slicing clean through in both places severing the head and torso.

After the follow throguh Draconis quickly disignited one saber while he dropped his other, from his hand being so badely burned. The entire right side of his robes were missing leaving only some burnt fabirc seared to his skin covering. His once pale tattooed covered skin seemed almost deformed slightly as the heat from Xen igniting himselve had taken its toll. Draconis sttood silent using all of his strength to maintain. Drawing on the pain immensly and his teachings Draconis focused the darkside through him. Never turning to look but knowing the Xen lay in pieces behind him, Draconis turned to face Lord Vassago The Sith Assassin managed to offer a slight nod of his head before collapsing to a knee, with his disignited saber in his hand, the other lying a meter away on the stone floors of the Throne room.

Throughout the entire ordeal Draconis had maintained his quiet demeanor, his silent but always aware approach. Was Draconis a traitor, none of them would really know, Draconis himself might never know. Rilwen his old apprentice had no doubt graduated and broken free from his tutelage, good for her but Draconis wish she had not flocked to

18. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Nemisis
    ~Throne Room, Sith Temple - Korriban~

Master Xen turned to Lord Nemisis as the Dark Marauder took his normal place beside the Dark Lord. The giant Gen'dai was not hesitant to speak. "Lap dog, do not be so quick to die for your master." Nemisis tilted his head back slightly, to show his face. The face, still, remained emotionless; no sign of being offended, no sign of a longing to retort. He merely stood, staring back at the large creature in-front of him. Then, words entered his head.

//"Do not throw away your life for him, you know I will kill you if you stand in my way, and then all will be for nothing. For his ambitions?! For his desires?! Tell me friend, did you not once have dreams of your own? When did that Sith die?"// There was no doubt that Nemisis was the only one who could hear the words, as Xen spoke telekinetically. The words simply slipped out of the Dark Marauders head. Nemisis stood steady as the Gen'dai broke the eye contact, and moved past him to Re'van. As the Gen'dai passed, Nemisis began to enhance his attributes, knowing that this situation would most likely grow very ugly.

Nemisis next noticed Darth Draconis, Lord Vassago's former apprentice, too, was locking eyes with Nemisis. He then moved to his former master. The Sith Lord turned his attention away from that as the female Sith began to speak. Although she was a mere apprentice, and she had to recognize the power that radiated off of Xen, she held her ground, cleverly recriminating.

Then, Darth Vassago finally spoke; first to the leader of the traitors, then to his former apprentice, and then to them all. Nemisis had let a small smile appear on his face when Vassago mocked Draconis about the loss of his leg; it was quite humorous.

The words that left the lips of the Dark Lord were very powerful, and, no doubt had a poweful affect on those in the room. He finished with these words: "With these facts in mind, I ask now only one question...Who will you stand with...?" The words proved to be as powerful as Nemisis had thought when, at first, Rian quietly announced his allegiance to Vassago, and, next, the surprise of Rilwen, who was Draconis' own apprentice. This had to be embarrasing for Xen and Draconis; his own apprentice decided to side with their opponents.

"I stand with the Dark Lord," said Lord Manticore, the powerful apprentice to the Dark Lord. It was obvious who he would align himself with, and Nemisis was glad. The power radiating off of the zabrak was simply amazing; he felt even more ready than he had felt before he fought the terentateks by himself. Nemisis watched, surprised, as Manticore gave Rian half of his saber, so he could have a weapon. A noble act, but, it proved to be quite foolish as the fallen Sith ignited it.

Pestillence, the wookiee who had torn Master Kast apart so long ago, spoke next. Although she was only a warrior, she spoke some fine words, that Nemisis fully agreed with. He nodded his head towards the female warrior, showing his respect for the words she just uttered.

However, the nod was interupted by the words of the Gen'dai. "So you have all decided then," he said, staring at each patron of the room. "Each of you have chosen the slaves path, soon you will fully understand your error and look upon this day with regret." The Sith Master lowered his hood, showing his face. His hands lowered still, but extended out. Suddenly, a small flame appeared out of nowhere. The flame grew and grew, as Xen fed it with the Dark side.

Nemisis instantly recognized it as the power known as Sith Abyssal fire, a very deadly power that would surely kill anyone it was aimed at, unless they were extremely powerful, and knew how to counter. Nemisis took out his sabers, ready to do what he had to to save the Sith Order that stood within the room, if he had to. He was ready to sacfrifice himself.

As it were, however, there was no need. As the flame grew and gr

19. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Pestilence the Wookiee:

What a waste. What an utter waste. The Warrior understood why the two Sith had done it, as she knew what was coming. Sometimes, people needed a galvanizing agent to shock them from complacency. But, they had misunderstood her point, or chose to misinterpret it. Either way, it amounted to the same thing. She was not saying that they should maintain the status quo with Vassago in the lead role. In truth, she was looking forward to the day when Vassago's reign was over, and she only hoped that that time would be soon. A unified Sith Order, in fact, was probably better served by somebody who, not only could act decisively when the moment called for it, but could also weigh all of the options and reach a mutually satisfactory goal for all parties. It was no weakness to demonstrate logic.

There had been no need for this self-immolation, a rather severe over-reaction to the matters at hand. She stepped toward the wreckage of Draconis and spoke strictly to and in his mind.
    Why did you do this? There was no need for it. We could have faced this thing together. You might believe that your sacrifice will accomplish the same goal that I spoke of, but we could have used your strength in the coming battle. Both of you. Remember, I am no one's slave, as I keep my own counsel, but would you be a slave to Death? Would you follow the Gen'Dai into eternal nothingness, or would you fight for the everlasting life that is the right of all Sith? So, I ask: will you die, right here and now, on this filthy floor, like a lowly rodent, or will you allow yourself to continue the neverending struggle against Death and eventually take your place among the greatest Sith ever? I thought you were stronger than this. Do not disappoint me. Live!

TAG: draconis, everyone else

20. Zandoran_Celix

Zandoran_Celix Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 16, 2005
    Zandoran Celix
    Throne Room

Zandoran was amazed as the events unfolded before his eyes. He lsitened to Xen Gaal speak, then Vassago and the others as each laid their challenge, placed their loyalties or opposed the opposition to them.

Zan knew that none of it mattered though. Neither Xen Gaal nor the Dark Lord cared about the Apprentices. They cared only about their own agendas of power. Xen Gaals was to usurp Lord Vassago. Lord Vassago's was to quell a rebellion adn remian in power. Neither cared what was sacraficed to gain their goal.

Zandoran would choose no alleginace for now. Though he would do as the Dark Lord commande dor risk being branded one of the traitors. Onlt a promise of great oppurtunity would have him change his allegiance and risk all he had fought for so far.

Loyalty to one was one tihng, stupidity to a cause was anotehr. Zandoran wouldr emain loyal to the Dark Lord, for no one else mattered unless secrets were being kept and true power could be attained another way.

TAG: all

21. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Within The Dark Lord's Chambers

The question that she had poised to herself, what point was he intending to make, soon came to be answered in a way she never expected. Re'van was hungrily absorbing, she prepared to use in another form, in case the Gen'Dai decided to do something with the flaming sphere. She listened to the others around her, but she never took her eyes off of him.She did notice movement from the Sith known as Nemisis as well. 'So, this threat was real enough', she thought to herself.

The Gen'Dai was almost fully engulfed in flames now. He didnt even flinch. Amazing control, even she would have to admit. As the Gen'Dai looked prepared to launch his missle, the silent Draconis finally spoke up, but not with his voice. Draconis raised his hand upwards in a swift move using his control of fire to send the flame back onto the Gen'Dai as he prepared to hurl the fire. With his other free hand Draconis ignited his saber, and as he leaped, sliced off the Gen'Dai's arm which the Abyssal Fire was eminating from. The flame came down upon them both engulfing the Gen'Dai and Draconis in a fireball. Draconis landed on the left back side of Xen. His second saber was already in hand, and as he spun, and slicing clean through in both places severing the head and torso. The Gen'Dai fell in several pieces to the ground, and now Draconis was well incenerated as well. Draconis disingaged his sabers, dropping one, from his hand being so badely burned. The entire right side of his robes were missing leaving only some burnt fabirc seared to his skin covering. He then collapsed to a knee, with his disignited saber in his hand, the other lying a meter away on the stone floors of the Throne room. The Wookie walked up to Draconis, and stared at him. Probably speaking in private.

Re'van was feeling ALL of the Darkside energies that was being generated, and right now, she was having a time fueling it all down to a neglible level, but she was not about to let it go now. She wanted to embrace it for just a bit longer. But after watching the current display, even she was amazed. It was all so, -- so extreamly JEDI like. A martyr? Re'van frowned. To die for a cause one one thing. To die, fighting and swinging. In action. Perparing to show exactally what you meant. If if you are wrong, at least you showed action. The strength of belief. In defiance. But to die as a bit of grilled Nerf?

Re'van bit down deeply on the side of her cheek, to hold back the laugh she so despertaely wanted to give into. She coughed. What a waste, of both his and her time. He showed nothing. He did not prove his point, unless the bit about being a good fuel source was it. Unless, it was NOT what had been planned, and Draconis had betrayed him. Tasting the tang of blood on her lips, she slowly licked them, as she looked at the man on the floor. An even bigger fool. She could understand perhaps, a want for a change in leadership, if what they mentioned was true. But they presented nothing in the way of true proof. If the Gen'Dai had planned to attack, and he was betrayed by Draconis, what Sith would ever trust the man's motives ever again? And if theGen'Dai had planned for Draconis to cut him down, then exactally was the point of it all? It was the Sith equalivant of a child, who pouts and then exclaims, '..Since you wont play my game, Im taking my ball and going home.' Very foolish indeed. So, she opted to continue drawing in the energies around her, only her eyes reflecting what she truly felt.

TAG: All those within the Dark Lord's chambers

22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Lord Manticore

The Sith Apprentice glared at the ex-jedi with fiery eyes nearly ablaze. Thankfully his anger far exceeded the embarrassment his teammate had caused him.

Manticore expected immediate compliance from Rian, but was rewarded with defiance.

"Don't be absurd, Manticore." Rian said, eyes narrowing. Behind them, the Gen'Dai began to speak.

"So, you have all decided then." The Gen'dai began.

Rian continued to speak in a strained whisper, so only Manticore and Re'van could hear him properly.

"Did you really think this would end without bloodshed? He didn't come here to warn Vassago, he came to kill him. And us if we didn't side with him."

Even as Rian finished his statement, the Gen'Dai continued with his words.

"Each of you have chosen the slaves path, soon you will fully understand your error and look upon this day with regret." The Gen'dai said, pausing for a moment.

"We shall finish this later...Jedi." Manticore rasped at Rian through clenched teeth. His eyes blazed with a rage that was begging to be unleashed, were it not for their current situation. There was no time for this sort of foolishness. Such personal grievances simply had to wait, for they paled in comparison to weightier and far more monumental matters, like the impending future or destruction of the Sith Order.

Putting aside his personal issues, Manticore turned, already incensed, and glared at the Gen'Dai. This...this was all his doing. Was this not the exact opposite of what he proposed? The trickster was already sowing division among the ranks.

The Gen'Dai looked to each Sith gathered for a moment longer, and then to the Dark Lord.

Manticore reached for his own weapon and held it in his hand.

Slowly the Gen'Dai brought his hands up to the hood covering his masked face and pulled it down, he then extended them toward the group and a small flame appeared in the palm of his hand. In the Force, Manticore felt the anger of the Gen'Dai for the first time as it fed the flame he had created and transformed it into a raging fire. Manticore ignited his vermillion lightsaber, but it was of little use. The intense heat the Gen'Dai's flaming sphere was generating was of inmense intensity. So monumental was the Sith Lord's ire, that his flames threatened to consume him as well, or so it seemed.

In that moment, the blood red zabrak realized that it was likely that the Gen'Dai could destroy them all in that instant, however, he did not fear that moment. Not at all. Fear was a weakness that had been driven from him so very long ago. Whatever was to come, he would meet it defiantly.

The Gen'dai's fiery form drew back an arm to hurl the flaming globe. Manticore wondered if Lord Nemisis or the Dark Lord felt any motivation to intervene. The heat intensified as the moment of truth approached.

Then something completely unexpecteed happened.

Lord Draconis made his move.

Draconis form was ignited and became engulfed by the Gen'dai's fiery attack, but something seemed to have gone horribly wrong. There was so much pain and suffering in that one moment, that it all seemed so tragic. Before anyone could say a word or react, the Gen'dai lay on the floor in pieces, cut down by his own ally. Lord Draconis.

Even Manticore found himself disbelieving his very eyes, but not for long. There was a vile lesson to be learned here.

Now the Gen'dai was no more and Draconis was a charred mess. Was he now to be considered a treacherous betrayer, or had he been operating under the Dark Lord's instructions all along. There was just no way of knowing such things, but...this whole sordid affair was quite distasteful. Where had Draconis learned such treachery? Perhaps it was no wonder that he was the Dark Lord's former apprentice.

Whatever his convictions, the Gen'Dai had been brave enough to confront the Dark Lord. He deserved a better death. There was no ho

23. Master_Valar

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    BBQ in the Throne Room

"We shall finish this later...Jedi." Manticore promised through clenched teeth.

Rian glared harshly at him, a slight snarl forming. He used the term Jedi in a scathing way, the verbal attack cutting deep. Rian had given up every chance of being a Jedi the moment he stepped onto Korriban; and the fact that he was standing in the middle of the Dark Lord's Throne Room, a place few, if any, Jedi had ever seen, surrounded by his new Order, should have made that evident. It seemed Manticore's trust in his ally's judgement was rather shaky. How could he still be so angry about it when he was watching their enemy prepare to attack?

Rian was completely shocked at the events that had just unfolded. He knew, deep down, that the Gen'dai would have done everything he could to try and usurp the Dark Lord's position. Whatever fire he summoned seemed to be his best effort, which seemed to not have been enough. Rian didn't know of the fire, though it seemed to widen the eyes of several around him, which gave him reason to be weary. But then Draconis, the only Sith still allied to this rebel, cut him down in cold blood and burning flames. The Sith Assassin burned half of his body in the process, but he seemed to think that the sacrifice was worth it.

This couldn't have been what the Gen'dai had intended. As far as Rian could see, he had been betrayed. Which was probably in the best interest for Draconis. A martyr, while sometimes an excellent way to spur people into action, was worthless if nobody could fathom the cause they were dying for. The Gen'dai was such a case. He spoke of a threat to the Sith, had said they were all slaves, but offered nothing more than the Dark Lord himself had. He had offered no evidence, no argument, to sway the Apprentices from their followings. He had wasted his entire point trying to get them to blindly follow, as he spoke out vehemetly against it.

A large wookie approached Draconis, obviously using mindspeak. Rian ignored them, disignited Manticore's weapon and turning toward him. The Sith Apprentice bowed before Lord Vassago, supplicating himself and lowering his head. Rian wished he could speak between minds at that moment, to "bury the lightsaber", so to speak, with Manticore.

"What is thy bidding, my Master...?" Manticore said slowly.

Rian did not bow, for he was not addressing the Dark Lord. He merely stood in reverence, waiting for the Dark Lord's intruction to his apprentice. Surely Vassago would carry with it plans he wished to divulge to all of the Sith. Along with his intentions for Draconis.

Tag: Vassago, Manticore, Re'van, everyone else

24. dragonsith13

Apr 3, 2005

Everything seemed silent, not a word was said. Draconis knew none of them would really know what just happened or possible could even understand why. Though the Throne room remained silent. The thoughts and feelings of everyone flooded the chamber. Many of them thinking what had just transpired to be a waste or have no point at all. Which oddly sat fine with Draconis, Xen and him had taken a chance to effect change and spur the Order into action. Draconis however had not agreed with Xen about what he had attempted to do, which was not what they had agreed upon. They were to play their cards as they had, offer the choice even with as little evidence as they had had. Relying on the Sith to use their minds, feelings, and powers to search for the signs Xen and Draconis had found out and seen. They had not expected them all to jump over to their side immediately, but their silence and unwillingness for many of them to speak up or question the leadership had shown how unwilling they were to investigate things for themselves. It seemed none of them had been willing to do so, instead scouring behind their own defenses and preconceived notions of the recent events. In time perhaps they would understand what had transpired here today, or perhaps not. What really mattered was if the Dark Lord understood.

Out of the silence which grapsed Draconis a familiar voice was heard. That of the warrior Pestilence, whom Draconis had seen days earlier before sending her on a mission to discover information regarding the mission tasked by Vassago. No doubt she was successful as Draconis knew she would have been... in a place that Draconis knew held many secrets and would yield much to her. "Why did you do this? There was no need for it. We could have faced this thing together. You might believe that your sacrifice will accomplish the same goal that I spoke of, but we could have used your strength in the coming battle. Both of you. Remember, I am no one's slave, as I keep my own counsel, but would you be a slave to Death? Would you follow the Gen'Dai into eternal nothingness, or would you fight for the everlasting life that is the right of all Sith? So, I ask: will you die, right here and now, on this filthy floor, like a lowly rodent, or will you allow yourself to continue the neverending struggle against Death and eventually take your place among the greatest Sith ever? I thought you were stronger than this. Do not disappoint me. Live!" Pestilence asked this of Draconis seemingly questioning the meaning of all of this, which would become clearer to her one day. She did pose some good questions, and many of which Draconis concured with. Draconis had begun to draw strength from around him, the pain he was in was pushed aside. Drawing in his breath, Draconis began to speak to the Sith. Draconis could muster only enough voice for Pestilence to hear as he struggled to get the words out, in a string of short sentences drwaing in breath and muffled with coughs.

Indeed, Warrior Pestilence.... You... You are right... I will not die here, if it is my choice... But my fate is up to the Dark Lord... You will understand soon... why I... we did this.

With that Draconis began to raise himself up, pushing off of the floor with his hand he had used to prop himself up with. His legs extended as he raised himself in a upright posture calling the saber that he had dropped to his side grasping it despite the pain. One foot infront of the other the Sith Master made his way to the steps in front of the Dark Lord's throne. Draconis tried to maintain a respectful and proud posture as much as he could limping and slowly making his way to the base of the Throne. Draconis began to bend his knees lowering himself until he allowed his knees to meet the floor kneeling on both at the base of Lord Vassago's Throne. Draconis placed both of his sabers in front of him on the polished stone. Most of his hood was burnt away with only some of it hanging down reve

25. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    [Darth Vassago---Sith Temple--After the Uprising]

~So much has happend, and yet so little time has passed. In the eyes of the Dark Lord he sees only betrayal from the now dead Gen'dai Xen, and even his former apprentice, Draconis. Whilst the Gen'dai was slain, the Dark Lord is no fool; the creature is not dead. His wordly body may perish, but the feeling lingering within the Dark Lord speaks to him loudly. He's seen far too many powerful Sith, such as the Gen'dai perish and return to believe he or the Order has seen the last of Xen. But for now, to his liking...he's finished.

Draconis, on the other hand...is not. Whether the Order agrees or not, he is a traitor. Like Xen before him. They were both blind. Even the blind should be able to see this, now...his fate. Pulling his broken body up and dragging it to the foot of the Dark Lord's throne, this is all the Dark Assassin has left to offer.

Standing tall before his throne the Dark Lord has watched it all, and he now watches Draconis slither to his foot. How ironic; only moments ago he was so powerful, so strong. Now look. He is broken, he is nothing. With a stoic face the Dark Lord laces his hands together and holds them at his waist. First he steps down, looking into the eyes of Draconis that burn like the first that Xen had hoped to consume each of them. With their eyes locked, he begins to speak...
    ~

"Traitor to your own cause."

~The Dark Lord begins, the sound of his voice is just above a whisper....carrying through the air like a heavy wind through the valley. The tone of his voice cannot be described, but sounds only to be soaked with disdain. Another step forward, down towards Draconis, who bows before the Dark Lord with his weapons just out of reach...~

"You expect mercy for your sacrafice, Lord Draconis?"

~Mainting his tone, he continues. Behind the Dark Lord his cape trails down, slipping down each step as he moves forward. No doubt the overall feeling throughout the chamber is uncomfortable; all eyes on the Dark Lord and his former apprentice. Perhaps some feel the Dark Lord will indeed show his former apprentice mercy, and allow him to live after such an obvious sacrafice. Then again, the Dark Lord is of the most unpredictable...~

"Or perhaps you merely wish it? Either way, my old friend...you will find your hopes are in vain. The mercy you seek is not within me, oh no..."

~Vassago says, his voice growing a bit louder with each word. Each moment he steps closer to Draconis, and with each word the Dark Side boils inside the Dark Lord more and more. Under his right arm he holds the staff against his body, keeping it close. Again he steps closer to his former apprentice, now raising right arm slightly on his approach...~

"Death would be too kind for you, Draconis. Such a betrayal is beyond words...my own apprentice. Everything you have you owe to me...except this. You've done this to yourself... "

~He says, motioning to his current state with his right hand. Seemingly without effort, the Dark Lord manipulates the invisible strings over the Force and grabs holds of Draconis; lifting his torn body off the ground, and up to his own eye level. He holds the Assassin, suspended in mid-air before him...~

"Get up off your knees, Draconis. I taught you better than this...than to bite the hand that feeds you. A shame..."

~The Dark Lord continues, seemigly letting his thoughts pour from out his lips. He shakes his head as a look of disappointment comes over his aged face. Draconis does nothing, but rather just hangs in mid-air. Taking his time the Dark Lord walks back up the stairs to his throne, not turning but instead walking backwards. The gaze of the Dark Lord does not waver from his former apprentice, the Assassin...nor does he find himself worried that the man will try anything. He is broken...beaten. He is at the mercy of the Dark Lord...~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.