main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive +Passage into Darkness: The Sith Trials+

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Darth-Vassago, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    OOC: Just one moment Spiff and draconis will pick up from here. :)

Draconis----Chambers of Xen Gaal

In the darkness of the chambers a voice whispered to Draconis, it sounded hollow and weak but somehow it penetrated the madness in his mind and instilled a sense of urgency in its message. The outcast stumbled forward without another thought, the simple fact that the voices were now quite was enough to convince him to seek entry in the Gen'Dai's chambers. The massive double doors swung open at the slightest pressure revealing a large lair lit here and there by dim illumination globes, though those lights were insufficient to see very clearly.

Never before would he have dared to enter this place without the approval of the Gen'Dai, he did not see any need to be concerned about that now and took a few more shaky steps forward. The small voice in his head grew louder, more persistent. It called him, but to where? Draconis looked about quickly with wild eyes, did something move in the corner? He could have sworn.....but no he was the only one in the room, he couldn't sense anyone else. Only a overwhelming darkness, but that he had felt ever since his last encounter with the Dark Lord.

There! He saw something this time, the shadow waiver slightly as if a candle was nearby or something darker lay within its folds. Cautiously he took a step forward, still nothing moved but he could begin to see a darker outline within the shadow. A box. Draconis slowly walked forward and upon reaching the box knelt down and lifted the lid, inside in the soft folds of red velvet lay the black death mask of the Gen'Dai Xen Gaal, the only mask he had worn until the day prior to his death. Though no voice whispered now in his head he knew this was its source, for he could sense the faintest stirrings of a spirit within and knew immediately that this mask was the item in which the Gen'Dai had tied itself.

Not daring to touch the mask yet he tore the red cloth that lined the box and wrapped it over the twisted visage, he then undid the top buttons of his shirt and tucked the package inside, after refastening his shirt he stood and made his exit from the chamber. There was one other stop he needed to make, even in his current condition he would risk the extra time to get it. The sword he found on Dxun, one of the first artifacts he ever found. His own chambers were not far from those of the Gen'Dai, there were in fact the only two who lived in the labyrinth below the Temple.

Upon reaching his own chambers Draconis immediately set upon gathering a pack of supplies he would need, and once everything was in order he strapped the sword on his belt and took off once again through the tunnel he had entered from heading back toward the exit and Pestilence. It was only then he realized that all this time the voices had been quite, he could still feel their presence but they remained subdued. He remained hopeful that this would continue, but even still he knew that Lord Vassago's punishment would not be escaped with this much ease.

Dragonsith13, Spiff

Darth Dreadwar likes this.
  2. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    IC: Rilwen Shadowflame
    "It is... a bit of a tale. Would you care to join me? I had some matters to attend to, and I'd be happy to tell you on the way."
    Rilwen nodded, smiling.
    "Of course,"she agreed calmly.
    Rilwen gestured for Rian to lead the way, entirely prepared to continue the conversation while heading...wherever Rian intended to be going. At least it was some time out of the Throne Room- an intimidating place, though Rilwen had grown accustomed to it for the most part.
    Tag: Rian, any

3. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    Draconis----Bowels of the Sith Temple

The sense of calmness that Draconis was enjoying, the wispers of voices had been absenyt in his head for the longest time they had ever been in the past few days. Draconis had been drawn to Xen's chambers and quickly thereafter took advantage and retrieved items from his own. Draconis had briefly applied a stim and med pack, but neither seemed to be helping the few steps he had made since beginning his escape out of the temple were exhausting. The spirits again slowling rising in his mind, body, and soul, them sapping all strength he could muster. Each step was like dragging a weight with every foot. Stumbling through eahc step each pace.

A faint glow of light could be seen as Draconis began to make his way to where he had come in at, the marker he first recognized. He knew he had passed out at least once on the journey out, but he now knew he had to press on if he fell here again for a long period it would mean certain death. The adgents and minions of Vassago would find him. Draconis in a silent rage drew as much power to him as he could, which was not much... drawing around him his skill of stealth and blackness. Attempting to mask himself as much as possible, no one could find him.

The light of the rising sun began to crest overtop of the Korriban sky, Draconis could have been underground for days, he did not know. His body pulsated with pain and fear as they both ran rampant throughout his body and mind. The light hurt Draconis' eyes as he squinted raising his hand up against his face. Then again the voices rose up and came to a head, it all returned the pain, torment, and anguish. Draconic began to stumble and braced himself against the marker he recognized having emerged from the passage...

...The fuzzy visions of the Korriban landscape began to come into focus as Draconis eyes blinked awakening from blackness. Draconis as before propted himself up rising slightly off the ground. Disorientation was all around him, he knew nothing of where he was. Draconis rolled slightly scanning as much of the horizon as he could see to find. Noticing that the skyward reaching blackness of the Sith Temple was not visable, only the rocky red landscape of Korriban could be seen. Who knew where he was! Draconis was alone, in the Korriban wilderness, his body hurt just the same as it did the moment he nealt before Vassago, perhaps weeks ago. Draconis knew no time, no direction. Before him was an endless arid wilderness. The Tomb World, as Korriban was known, where the ancient Sith found their final resting places.

There was no time Draconis knew not if he was just beyond the sight of the Temple or on the other side of Korriban, he had to forge on not stopping until he found a refuge a place to at long rest. But then again for him he would not know rest. The continual torment which came upon him prevented him from ever hoping to escape what was bestowed upon him. Death seemed the only way out, yet he had not died yet despite everything, he lay cold and alone, near helpless, with the voices and energies of unknown spirits tormenting him... yet alive he still was.

Draconis rolled over attempting to rise to his feet, he needed water, and eventually nourishment. Jabbing into his chest Draconis reach down into the tatered almost non-exhistant robes covering his chest. The warm and smooth fabric felt alien against his fingertips, everything was rough and sharp, this was not... pulling out the object Draconis began to unravel what he had found... The Gen Dais' mask, Xen's Death Mask! Draconis sword as his arm brushed against his side... how did he manage to aquire these, his last clear memory was at the marker next to the Sith Temple after being cast out, or was it? Everything was unclear nothing true, nothing false. Regardless of how he obtained these items of power, it matter little he had them!

Draconis returned the mask to its resting place and made sure the sword was secure in its sheath at his side. On his feet now he set out again not knowing what he would remem

4. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Pestilence the Wookiee:

The Warrior was making good progress in tracking Draconis, when suddenly, the trail went cold, with no warning. All physical signs of his passage were gone, and it went without saying that he no longer showed up in the Force. It was as if he had been erased from existence, and no matter how hard she tried, she could not pick his trail up again.

She could never consider herself a failure, as she had as of yet not failed. She vowed that she would not give up on her search. She would find him and make him a formidable ally in the battle to come.

It was about time to be heading back to the Temple proper. She could not be gone for an inordinate amount of time, or the other Sith would grow suspicious. Perhaps Draconis, or the spirits that inhabited him, did not want to be found at this moment. If that was the case, she would come back at a later date and continue the hunt. Was she not the best tracker in the universe?

TAG: nobody

5. Master_Valar

Master_Valar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    The Sith Temple

Rilwen gestured for Rian to lead the way, and he did, exiting the Throne Room without a backwards glance. He lead the way in silence for a moment, passing the Library as he made his way toward another area of the Temple.

"To be blunt." He began, referring to her earlier question. "I merely paid a small cargo frigate to drop me here. Took the last of my credits too."

Rian crossed both arms behind his back, walking slowly through the Temple. He slowed enough to stand next to Rilwen, no longer leading but merely walking, so they were on the same level. He shot a quick sideways glance at her before continuing.

"I was... thrown out of the Jedi Order." He said pointedely. "Murder doesn't sit too well with them, you see? So I did the only thing I could: switch sides. It's a decision that, at the moment, I have yet to regret."

Arriving at what was known as The Red Blade Lounge, Rian opened the door and motioned his new aquaintance in. His eyes remained locked onto her as he did so, vaguely wondering if murder was part of a good resume in becoming a Sith.

"What about you? Why did you make the journey to Korriban?"

Tag: Rilwen

6. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    "To be blunt." He began, referring to her earlier question. "I merely paid a small cargo frigate to drop me here. Took the last of my credits too."
    Rilwen smiled wryly, nodding.
    "I was... thrown out of the Jedi Order. Murder doesn't sit too well with them, you see? So I did the only thing I could: switch sides. It's a decision that, at the moment, I have yet to regret."
    Rilwen did see Rian's point...very clearly. It was a logical step for an outcast Jedi.
    "What about you? Why did you make the journey to Korriban?"
    Rilwen stepped through the doorway, looking back at Rian.
    "I was brought here by a friend, a teacher of sorts. A travelling Sith. He took over my training when he got me off my homeworld." Shadows glinted in her eyes. "I was going to be a Jedi. My uncle was training me, to present me on Coruscant as his Padawan. But the raiders killed him." Rilwen's voice lost any tinge of emotion. "They shot him down in front of me, so I killed them. Hardly the best way to remain an aspiring Padawan. Marek found me, and decided he could teach me. Because I'd already made my first step. Killing in anger. Taking revenge. All of twelve years old, and already a killer." She laughed, a self-mocking edge to her tone.
    Rilwen met Rian's eyes, waiting for a reaction. Amusement. Revulsion. Acceptance. Indifference. What matter which?
    Tag: Rian

7. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    IC: Azharan, Korriban

Azharan watched and listened as the unnamed Sith spoke his words and left. Fine by him, with all the man's talk of games and only begning as if he was in control. While the man turned and left, Azharan shook his head and spoke in the opposite direction. "What do you know of this game?" Posing a question that he knew would not be answered, but was more asked to no one.

Azharan didn't like the man who just entered, spoke nontruths, and left. In his heart of hearts, he wouldn't have minded stabbing him in the back on his way out, and why? Mostly because he had that tone about him, that he thought he was in on a big secret that no one else knew, except the Dark Lord. Azharan could do without all that. There was no big secret, and there was no invisible threat. None that he could see, or was afraid of, at least. Anything that came at the Sith, he knew they could handle. That's why they had existed for millenia, and before.

With his own thoughts to mull over, Azharan tapped the talbe Re'van was sitting at with his fingers as he went by. "All this excitement has made me thirsty. I'm heading out for a drink. Thanks for the words, I'll see you around" He said simply, tossing his tattered hood back up over his head. He opened the doors and headed out through the court yard, keeping his head down from the setting sun and the winds that were kicking up. He didn't have any allies in the Sith, but he needed one. At least someone he could talk to, maybe exchange information with. There had to be someone in the order he could trust. But for now, he wanted to settle down.

Azharan pulled the door to the Red Blade Lounge open and entered the cantina. Right away he felt the presence of others, but he acted as if he didn't notice. He kept his head low and walked for the bar.

TAG: Anyone

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    [Darth Vassago---Sith Temple--Korriban Evening]

~The hallway Vassago travels down, with his apprentice Manticore, is void of light for the most part, but the Dark Lord needs no light; no light from a torch, no light from the Force, no light unto his feet. He needs nothing. The heels of his Rancor leather boots, along with the buckels on them and his belt, echo through the hallway with each step. The marble ground finally comes to an abrupt stop mere inches from the entrance to the Dark Lord's personal chambers, and this is also where the Dark Lord halts. Slowly he looks behind him,peering down the tunnel like hallway and seeing the light from the throne room at the end of it. Behind him, following in step and keeping his silence, is the loyal Zabrak, Manticore. Vassago returns his eyes to the doors before him, pleased...

Without any motion from either the Dark Lord or his apprentice, the doors part with a light "hiss" and present the Dark Lord's chambers before him and his apprentice. Without a moments hesitation Vassago enters, and his apprentice follows right in step. Behind both dark figures the doors close once more, coming together.

The Dark Lord's private chamber is a frightening place to those who do not call themselves the Dark Lord. Within the walls there is a unmentionable aura about the room; something that draws others to it, but frightens them away as they inch closer to it. The chamber itself is well lit, not like the hallway before it, and is laid with fine stone. The room is cold, and furnished with the finest objects from throughout the Galaxy. The stone floor shines in the torch light, and the touches of elegance are more than obvious about the room. Carvings in the walls themselves, of ancient Sith, and ancient wars, and things of the like line about the walls where nothing else hangs. Ancient tapestries hang on the walls along side ancient weapons. Large bookshelves line the walls, and cases of glass, for showing items and storage are all about, as well.

Within the showing cases are lightsaber hilts, shined and polished. Their
    former owners names carved on small plaques below the hilts where they lie. An entire show cabinet dedicated to just hilts, and another only to Sith and Jedi lore and knowledge. The installation has a library, indeed...but the real power lies within the books the Dark Lord has in his own personal collection. Tables, with scrolls and runes, tablets and open books lay about. Candles burn down to the bottom of their wicks, and others burn bright, as if the Dark Lord had just lit them. At the very back of the room, a massive desk sits. It is not too terribly cluttered, but it does have some notes and what look like blue-prints, or plans for something or another. The bookcase behind the desk houses the Sith and Jedi lore, most likely private.

In the corner of the room there is a table where an object lay, yet it is covered by a cloth now. All that remains of Jasara, yet to be given to a pyre.

Finally the Dark Lord and his apprentice reash the back of the large room, the largest in the entire temple. Whilst standing upon a large rug that lay before the desk that the Dark Lord walks to, he begins to speak to his apprentice...also gesturing for him to remain in front of the desk.
    ~

"There has been much talk of deception, and greater powers. As we saw with the uprising only a short time ago, there is mutiny in the ranks of the Sith. I believe we weeded it out here, but I must confer with you, my most trusted apprentice. You are entitled to...privileged information. Information the likes of which Darth Nemisis is not capable of hearing."

~He begins, speaking with his back still turned. As the moments pass he turns to face his apprentice, showing a rather grave expression. Through use of the Dark Side, Vassago clouds the mind of his apprentice, and that of himself...not for any ill reason, but to protect them; a barrier of sorts. This will insure that no others will be able to tap into the

9. Master_Valar

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    The Red Blade Lounge

"All of twelve years old, and already a killer." Rilwen said, laughing with a dark tone in her voice.

Rian dwelt on this for a moment, nodding his head solemnly as he fully entered the Sith's Lounge. After his deliberation he turned to her, his face stoic and cool.

"Revenge was what got me as well. Revenge on the man I had called Master." Rian paused, glancing at the ceiling. "He betrayed me to the Jedi Order."

Rian took up a position near the center of the room, and slowly, deliberately, removed his belt. Along with it came his new lightsaber, which he had so recently aquired from the woman in the room with him. Just as slowly Rian removed his shirt, so recently torn from his mission. His body was already bruised from being knocked around in said mission, and he still had a blaster bolt burn along his shoulder.

"I came here with a plan. Only time will tell if it comes to fruition..." Rian said casually.

He bent down, planting both hands on the floor. With a smooth motion he flipped his feet into the air, balancing himself perfectly on both hands. His behaviour had probably been baffling Rilwen, though now perhaps it would make more sense. Rian slowly lowered himself down, bending his arms and bringing his face almost touching the ground. He had chosen the lounge as a place to push his body further than it had been during his mission, both physically and mentally. If Rilwen still wished to talk, Rian was fully willing to continue their conversation. She seemed to be intelligent enough company so far. He didn't want to waste any more time without building up his strength and speed, without connecting himself further to the force, and without building his combat skills. Perhaps later he would do some combat training as well, before turning in for the night.

Rian executed another handstand push-up, the muscles in his arms, back, and chest straining visibly. He felt as though this Sith Order, which he had so recently become a part of, was on the bring of crossing a new horizon. He was glad to be a part of it.

Tag: Rilwen

10. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    "Revenge was what got me as well. Revenge on the man I had called Master." Rian paused, glancing at the ceiling. "He betrayed me to the Jedi Order."

Rilwen nodded. Betrayal seemed an appropriate thing to reward with revenge. Rian's Master, a Jedi, had betrayed him? All the fouller from one wearing the title Jedi. From one seeming a supporter of justice and honesty.

There was, no doubt, a different side to the tale, of course. Rilwen knew enough not to assume Rian's brief outline to be the entire story. A goodly part of it, surely. But not all.

"I came here with a plan. Only time will tell if it comes to fruition..."

Rilwen grinned. I hope his plan involves caution, or else it is a deathplan. This one is rash. He moves quickly into situations. Perhaps this is pretense. Perhaps he knows all too well how to use patience. Time will tell.

"I have had many plans. One, I have deferred. It will not always be put off, I hope. And when it is not...many, many raiders will crumble,"she stated calmly. In truth, she longed for a chance to continue that plan. To bring the slaver gang responsible for harming her people down. But...to be Sith, to the furthest level she could reach...that was a finer plan. One she worked on each and every day.

While Rian performed his handstand pushups, Rilwen took the chance to do some stretches herself, reminded of the need to do so. After the first few, she stood still, bending forwards into a handstand...then letting her legs come over until she stood straight once more, having turned a full revolution in a silent proof of a dancer's flexibilty.
    Tag: Rian

11. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Sith Library, Korriban

Re'van watched quietly as the other Sith turned, and speaking of the game, left the room. Her eyes slid over to watch Azharan. Azharan shook his head as the man left, and spoke in the opposite direction. "What do you know of this game?" As he did not address the question to her, Re'van felt no need to respond to it, but she looked on, a slight smile on her lips. There were many games indeed. Some played out more in the open than others. She shook her head.

Azharan tapped the talbe Re'van was sitting at with his fingers as he went by. "All this excitement has made me thirsty. I'm heading out for a drink. Thanks for the words, I'll see you around." He said simply, tossing his tattered hood back up over his head. "Enjoy, your drink." she uttered, as she watched him depart. She stared at the door, long after the man had departed. A curious one, that one. A multiple of moods. But still, he had kept his blade still. Perhaps there was a glimmer of possibilities within. But at the moment, he was too busy, playing the lone wolf. And a lone wolf, in a huge pack, did not survive for long. She looked back down at the tome she had been reading. Standing, she moved over to the stack of tomes nearby. She scanned them, looking for something that might key in, to the words the other Sith had mentioned. Especially the planet. What had the other Sith said? Oh yes, the 'creature on Zenkurla.' And perhaps, even ancient Sith stories, might point the way. Most stories, had a bit of truth within. Perhaps it was time to see if such a think was possible with this tale. She continued her studies into the many books around her, finding what truths were available to her.

TAG: No one/Anyone

12. Spaceman_Spiff

Spaceman_Spiff Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    IC Pestilence the Wookiee:

The Warrior came back to the Temple, and immediately headed to her room in order to meditate and find her center in the Force. She did not stop to speak to any of the other Sith, did not get involved in whatever political maneuvering and chit-chat might be occuring. She had to prepare herself for when the hammer fell.

Vassago was leading this Order into ruin, and was seemingly proud of it. It was with a mixture of regret and savage glee, though more the former, that she contemplated the fact that she might eventually have to take over where Draconis and the Gen Dai had failed. She would only do that if she could do it quickly and with a minimum of bloodshed, for she was not looking to cause a rift in the Order just when something massively universe-altering was just around the corner.

Ideally, Vassago would listen to reason and either take the Sith in the direction they needed to go, or voluntarily step down. Neither option seemed terribly likely, but even a Sith could hope. Behind the darkness of her eyelids, plans were formulated, revised, or discarded, all while her connection to the Force deepened.

TAG: nobody

13. Duro_Blade

Jan 4, 2002

On his way to the bar he couldn't help but notice the former Jedi, one who's name he was unfamiliar with, doing exercises in the middle of the lounge. Not really something someone sees everyday, and normally Azharan would walk right by, but he was in the way of the bar. Slowly he strode up to the young man and looked him up and down from inside his cowl. "This look like a gym to you?" Azharan said with gruff tone, but it was slick at the same time. He turned slightly to see Rilwen sitting nearby, then turned back to the former Jedi's equipment. Among it was a lightsaber, something that he had given to Darth Vassago before he left for his mission. Seemed he got a new one.

"I'm sure the old man would be real happy you have a new lightsaber, especially since he's still holding on to yours for you." The ranger said to the still nameless man before him. Again he glances at Rilwen, but then focuses on the nameless one waiting for a reply, if he was even going to get one. "Didn't he take it away from you so you wouldn't poke your eye out?" Azharan added coldly, hoping to add salt to the man's already obvious wounds.

TAG: Valar, Shadowflame, any.

14. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Rilwen intervened, stepping pointedly between Azharan and Rian. "And I am sure the one you speak of would be thrilled to hear himself described as 'the old man'," she noted dryly, smiling nonetheless at Azharan.

"I gave him the lightsaber. Spoils of duelling, mine to keep or give away, like most things of mine. Rian here was quick enough to stand to the right side in the charming little...debate in the Throne Room. Time will tell how my gift is used. Most gifts are like that."

She laughed lightly, looking wry. It was true. Gifts were often used in ways the giver could not predict. She looked around, noting a dancer across the room. A good distraction.

"I could dance better than her with my eyes closed,"Rilwen noted quietly, speaking only partly in joke.

This place, this Lounge...Rilwen had danced in countless places like this. Her current clothing, the dancer's garb, let her remember, and especially here, that fact. It was oddly relaxing in its familiarity.
    Tag: Rian, Azharan

15. Duro_Blade

Jan 4, 2002

The girl with him, the one that Azharan had saved earlier in his time with the order, was quick to step between them. "And I am sure the one you speak of would be thrilled to hear himself described as 'the old man'.I gave him the lightsaber. Spoils of duelling, mine to keep or give away, like most things of mine. Rian here was quick enough to stand to the right side in the charming little...debate in the Throne Room. Time will tell how my gift is used. Most gifts are like that." She said with a light laugh. Azharan couldn't help but take notice to it, afterall the words to him. He turned away from the former Jedi again and looked to Rilwen from inside his tattered cowl.

"You really think I give a damn what he's going to do? We all know he never gets his hands dirty, so if anything happens it will be done by his apprentice." Azharan retorts quickly, sounding less than concerned. "And we all know what happend with the last one." He added quietly, a small smirk covering his lips, hidden under the shadow of his hood. He noted the dancer Rilwen was watching and turned to watch her, too. Along with it, he heard her comment. He ignored it verbally, but kept a thought of She doesn't look too bad from here, to himself.

16. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    "You really think I give a damn what he's going to do? We all know he never gets his hands dirty, so if anything happens it will be done by his apprentice. And we all know what happend with the last one."

Rilwen shuddered slightly. "You call making me Masterless not getting his hands dirty?"she muttered. "And I've seen a few other...less than pleasant occasions." Behind her words was the detachment she had so often needed to use in order to endure the frequent fatalities of Korriban.

The dancer stumbled slightly, and Rilwen laughed derisively, causing the other woman to hurry away. Had Rilwen not been Sith, the dancer would no doubt have argued with her. As it was...

Rilwen used the Force to prevent the other woman's departure. "Stay,"she called. "You need the practice." A grin took most of the sting from her words.
    Tag: Azharan, Rian

17. Duro_Blade

Jan 4, 2002

Again Rilwen made more comments, and again Azharan had to retort. "Draconis should've known better. He was trained by the Dark Lord. He shouldn't have expected forgivness. Not from a Sith." Azharan stated with a grave tone. He looked away from Rilwen, having little else to say to her, and focused back on the former Jedi who she had befriended.

Again he waited. His words might provoke the young man, but maybe in his heart of hearts it's what he wants. And maybe it's what the former Jedi wants to.

18. Master_Valar

Jul 17, 2005
    Rian Aijou
    The Red Blade Lounge

Rian continued through his motions, silently counting each time his body was lowered. His ankles were wrapped tightly around each other, vertically above his body, as he relied only on balance, upper body strength, and the force to keep him up. Each repetition strained the muscles in his chest and arms visibly, though Rian kept his breathing even and steady. He had be training like this since he began his journey with the force.

A man approached, one that Rian hadn't yet encountered during his short time in the Sith Temple. The man seemed to take a keen interest in him, however, for he made a line straight to him. Rian continued his workout without pause, watching the upside down image of the man from the corner of his eye.

"This look like a gym to you?" The man asked gruffly, staring down at Rian.

He was ignored. Rian didn't give him a moment's pause. He got the impression that the man was simply speaking to him to get a retort, and Rian wasn't about to play that game. Once he was done he would perhaps give a response, but not until. The man's eyes wandered to Rilwen, then to Rian's own equipment.

He'd better keep his incapable hands to himself.

Indeed.

"I'm sure the old man would be real happy you have a new lightsaber, especially since he's still holding onto yours for you." The man began again, and once more Rian sensed he was being goaded. "Didn't he take it away from you so you wouldn't poke your eye out?"

Pathetic.

Agreed.

Rian ignored him once more. His petty insults had no effect on Rian whatsoever. Once he was finished, he would correct the man's most grievous mistake in judgement. However, that wouldn't be for a time yet. Rian continued his workout undaunted, sweat slipping down his bare chest and stomach. Throughout, Rilwen and the man spoke of the recent events in the Throne Room, and he was silently pleased to have her at his defense. Perhaps she would make a better ally than he had first anticipated. She was definetely loyal. Their argument continued back and forth, as Rian became close to wrapping up his first set.

"He shouldn't have expected forgivness. Not from a Sith." The man finished, eyes once again locking onto Rian.

As it was, Rian finished his first set moments after the man's last comment. With the casual grace only granted to those skilled in combat and the force, he flipped lightly back to his feet. He stretched his arms behind him languishly, dark eyes set on the man. Rian waited yet a bit longer, the silence between the three of them becoming almost tangible.

"Draconis made his decision based on misguided faith. It was a mistake, but in time he may find forgiveness." Rian said casually, returning to a normal stance.

"A gym this may not be," Rian began calmly, crossing both hands behind his back. "But it is a part of the Sith Temple, and as such I see no reason why training should stop here."

Rian emphasized this by leaning down, stretching his back with and shoulders, before coming back up. He popped his neck to the side, an audible crack emanating throughout the room.

"My lightsaber." He said, remembering perfectly how the man had initially addressed him. "Was given to "The Old Man" as a way of showing my devotion and worth. I undertook the mission I was assigned without a weapon, to prove I could perservere."

"It appears," He said with a smirk, spreading both arms to show that he was indeed standing in front of them. "That I succeeded. That weapon was a gift to the Dark Lord. Time will tell how my gift was used."

Rian gave Rilwen a surreptous glance, his smirk remaining. He wondered if the man realized that he couldn't be drawn into a pointless confrontation. The miserable attempt at goading him would give the man nothing more than pity in Rian's eyes. Such insults were the things Younglings used to throw at each other.

Tag: Azharan, Rilwen

19. Duro_Blade

Jan 4, 2002

Without letting too much time pass, Azharan spoke back to the young man's comments as he stretched about. "Training should stop here because you're in the way of the bar, kid. You're here, and that's all well and good but who's to say you didn't get some help from the others in your group? I know for a fact you went with others. So maybe you'd like to come back down into the atmosphere." Azharan said quickly, checking the athletic kid's ego in the process.

Shifting his weight onto his other leg, he didn't say much else but crossed his arms, the wristbands he wore clanking together. Inside his cowl his eyes again shifted from Rian to the young woman, the one he saved in his infant moments in the Sith on this planet. He was curious if she had forgotten so soon. After a moment he pushed the thought out of his head, and focused back on the male. Azharan knew he was level-headed, otherwise they'd of been fighting. But everyone has their limits.

20. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    [GM POST]

A notice of closing to everyone. The date has been set, and things will follow as prescribed here:

-While I am flattered that we have posts continuing to come in, this RPG will be closing by the end of the night (board time) on Saturday. Please, wrap up all your events, arcs, character development, etcetera, by then. If you fail to post, there will be no punishment; it is up to you, as the character, to post or not. If you wish your events to be left as they are that is well enough. I, as the GM, don't want to cut anyone off short.

-The new RPG will be opening either immediatly following the closure of this one, the end of the night Saturday (June 17th), or the day following. Either way, the new RPG will be up before the end of the weekend.

-Please do not forget to PM me your current levels. One of the final posts of this RPG will be the level updates for the next RPG.

-**I'd like to thank everyone for their steadfast participation in the RPG, and for making it such a pleasure to post in. I hope we can do the same, if not better, in the next chapter. Thank you again. :) **

21. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Mar 27, 2005
    Rilwen rolled her eyes, listening to the bickering. She found Rian interesting, a possible ally perhaps, but...Azharan had saved her life. Not another of these little choices? she demanded of herself. Rilwen shrugged slightly, deciding to let the two do as they wished. A good decision, since they would clearly do so whether or not she decided.

"Azharan. He is hardly in the way of the bar. That's one of the reasons we all have these fun Force skills," she commented laughingly, causing a glass to levitate in demonstration. She opened her eyes wider and continued in as outrageous a tone as possible. "Surely all those little things about conquering others and finding more power are just extras added on to make being able to use the Force more exciting. Getting things you can't actually reach must be what it's all about. And with my height,"she continued self-deprecatingly, glancing at Rian to include him in the joke, "that's a lot of things to get."

She shrugged and smiled, stepping back slightly. If Rian and Azharan still wanted to argue, more power to them. Rilwen wouldn't interfere. She'd done her part already, with a minor attempt to lighten the mood somewhat.
    Tag: Azharan, Rian

22. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Nemisis
    ~Sith Temple - Korriban~

Darth Nemisis watched, and listened as his former master, the Dark Lord of the Sith, gave his verdict on the man who lay in front of him. To Nemisis, Draconis was willing to give his life to get the order back on its feet. Though, Darth Vassago saw it differently. And, as he spoke, Nemisis began to feel the same way. As soon as the "play" was over, Nemisis thought Draconis and the Gen'dai's actions to be...courageous. As Vassago spoke, a question formed in Nemisis' mind: why attempt to save an order that does not need saving?

The question rang through his mind for a few minutes, and then died away as Draconis was outcasted from the order. Nemisis expected death, but Vassago was not feeling very giving, as death would have been too generous.

"This Order will flourish if we continue to go about our business the way we have," Vassago said, engraving the question, once more, in Nemisis' mind. "Each of you conducted yourself very well...save, perhaps...only a few." Nemisis stood where he was standing during the act, next to Vassago. Though, now, he stood facing him, wondering who all Vassago was speaking of...

"Our great Order is stronger than ever! There is no challenge that could shake us. Our power is unmmatched throughout these lands. Throughout the entire Galaxy. No one...can touch us." The powerful words radiate throughout the room. The question in his head forever vanished, as the Dark Lord left with his apprentice. Nemisis watched as Draconis left, his respect for the man gone, just like his presence within the Sith Order.

As the others left the room, so did Nemisis. He saw Re'van go towards the library, with Azharan following her. He stood for a moment, pondering on what to do. Then, after Zandoran followed after Azharan, Nemisis, too, followed.

He silently crept behind Zandoran, concealing his presence within the Force. Zandoran led him to where he figured Re'van had gone to, the Sith Library. The Dark Marauder waited outside the library as the trio talked, not paying any attention to the words being exchanged. After a few minutes, Zandoran exited, shortly followed by Azharan, leaving Re'van in the library alone, as expected. Having been unseen by both apprentices, Nemisis entered.

"Hello there, Re'van," he said as he entered. He looked at her, enjoying her slightly strange appearance to a point. "Enjoying a chat with Azharan and Zandoran, were you?" He asked, a bit of sarcasm in his voice. He had a point to his visit, and would get to it soon enough.

TAG: HunterPrime

23. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van - Sith Temple Libraby Archives, Korriban

At last.

Silence. Peace. The room was quiet, as Re'van moved through the chambers, choosing another book. Azharan and the other, Zandoran had left her, and she was now free to explore. And explore she did. She went through several books, before she choose antoher book, and moved to head back towards the table she had previously been siting at. She had barely had chance to enjoy her solitude, when the door opened. She held back a sigh, as she opened her book. She doubted that many of these Sith had even BEEN in this part of the temple before, and now it seemed to be a popular spot. She shook her head, as she concentrated on her book. She did not look up. Only when a voice spoke, did she look up.

"Enjoying a chat with Azharan and Zandoran, were you?" he asked, a bit of sarcasm in his voice. Darth Nemisis. She gave a look, that would best be described as annoyance, and then just as quickly it left, as she shrugged her shoulders, making a gesture with her hand. "About as much as one enjoys being run over by a heard of Nerf. And just as useful." she replied, and then suddenly gave a dark smile. She closed the book in front of her, and turned towards the one called Nemisis. She was sure he had much more on his mind, than her converstaion with Azharan and Zandoran. She gave a respectful bow of her head. "But I seriously doubt that is why your real reason for comming to these chambers." She stated, as she slowly stood up, and took a seat on the table next to the book she had just chosen. She gave a nod, as she waited to see what the dark lord true reason for his visit was.

TAG: Darth_Nemisis

24. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    IC: Darth Nemisis
    ~Library, Sith Temple - Korriban~

After Nemisis spoke, he noticed a slight look of annoyance when she looked up, but it quickly vanished. It was obvious she wanted to be alone, a quality that reminded Nemisis of himself. "About as much as one enjoys being run over by a heard of Nerf. And just as useful," Re'van said, offereing a dark smile. Nemisis laughed slightly, without a smile. "But I seriously doubt that is why your real reason for comming to these chambers." A wise one, this apprentice.

"Indeed," Nemisis replied. "My coming here will be brief; to ask of you only one question: would you do me the honor of becomming my official apprentice?" He looked at her, all expressions gone from his face, except his serious expression. He had been eyeing her as an apprentice for quite some time, and was glad to see the way she handled herself at the Sith Tomb they just left. She, in his eyes, would be a great apprentice, one devoted to the teachings of the Sith and the Sith Order; just like him.

Nemisis looked at the alien with four arms, awaiting a reply. Once given, he would do nothing, except leave her to herself, the way she wanted to be.

TAG: HunterPrime

OOC: Short post, sorry.

25. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Re'van, ~Library, Sith Temple - Korriban~

Hm. The man can laugh she thought to herself, as he offered a slight chuckle. She nodded. "But I seriously doubt that, is your real reason for coming to these chambers." She told him, as she moved her seating, to sit upon the table. "Indeed," Nemisis replied. "My coming here will be brief; to ask of you only one question: would you do me the honor of becoming my official apprentice?" He looked at her, his face in a serious expression.

Re'van looked at him, as her eyes narrowed just slightly. She quickly thought of the interesting proposal. How curious, was the timing of such a thing. She attempted to weigh both the pros and cons of such a decision. She mused carefully to herself. At the moment, it seemed as if the advantages of such a proposal far outweighed any negative side effects at the moment. Having a Master was always a perferable advantage, over being a simple apprentice to no one. And even the way of his asking had much to say on the matter.

She looked up squarely at Darth Nemisis. She stood, and gave a slight bow of her head. "I accept your offer." she said quietly but fiercely, as she gazed upon the Sith.

TAG: Darth_Nemisis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.