main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Passage of Fear - Obi/Qui Drama - COMPLETE-8/16/02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Cascadia, Jul 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    I like long Obi/Qui stories too. I just wish I could write longer ones - like an epic or something.

Thanks for reading, ewen !

I'll have another post up tomorrow!

:)

2. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    ~CHAPTER 4 - EVANESCENCE~

Obi-Wan wandered aimlessly down the sidewalk, avoiding the stares of passers-by. Close to panicking, he desperately tried to recognize... anything. But it only confused him further, trying to identify things and places that he had no memory of. He noticed the merchant signs were growing larger and brighter. The overall atmosphere turned depraved - signs suggesting things Obi-Wan did not want to think about, risqué leers from individuals standing alongside store fronts, windows offering glimpses of strange orgies, and loud percussive-laden rhythms pulsating toward an unattained arduous release.

The young Jedi felt - and looked - very vulnerable in this section of Jata. He tried to keep to himself, afraid of garnering any attention - for fear of what that attention might bring with it. He wondered if he should turn around and go back the way he had come. Deciding that to be the best idea, he slowed his pace, looking warily around. He had already traveled several blocks through Entertainment District. Wondering if he should go back on this side of the street or on the other side, he stopped to think for a few seconds.

He decided to cross the street and return the way he had come from that side. Watching carefully for traffic, he crossed to the other side and started back in the direction that he had came from.

He passed a nightclub with strange, voices moaning. Something about the place - the emotions - told Obi-Wan to run from it. In his attempt to flee as fast as he could from the disturbing feelings he was getting from it, he accidentally stumbled into a young female twi'lek. Giggling, she held on to the young Jedi as he tried to get away from her.

"Hey," she giggled. "Where you going?"

He pulled himself away from her and ran as well as he could through the people crowding the sidewalks. Slowing to a more casual pace, the young Jedi glanced back to make sure he was far away from that place... and that twi'lek.

Coming to the end of the block, Obi-Wan stopped just as a large trandoshan stepped out directly in front of Obi-Wan, its tongue licking along its bottom lip. The young Jedi abruptly stopped, warily eyeing the tall reptilian interloper. Its eye's cast a predatory look that made Obi-Wan unconsciously take a step backwards, shaking his head.

A flash of reflected metal caught the young Jedi's attention a split second after the Force sent a warning of danger. Almost off guard, Obi-Wan twisted sideways to avoid the swing of the sharp instrument intended to bring bloodshed. Lurching after the young Jedi, the trandoshan managed to catch the hem of Obi-Wan's robe with its free hand - throwing the Jedi off balance. With a strong jerk, the reptilian attacker pulled Obi-Wan into his grasp. Struggling to free his hand, Obi-Wan tried to reach for his lightsabre. The trandoshan, much bigger than its human prey, easily pinned Obi-Wan's arms as it dragged him off the sidewalk and into a wynd between two buildings.

Darkness swallowed the two combatants. Desperately trying to free himself from his attacker, Obi-Wan could almost reach his lightsabre. He could have easily gotten it with the Force, but his attention was, rightly so, captive to the trandoshan attempting to pin him to the ground. If he took his attention from that, then he would most definitely be overcome.

Catching the young Jedi's hips beneath it, the reptile sat heavily upon its victim, securing no escape. The sharp knife reappeared in the trandoshan's hand, arcing towards Obi-Wan's throat. The young Jedi grabbed his attacker's wrist with both of his hands, staying the descent.

From his perspective, Obi-Wan felt certain he was going to die. The large trandoshan had him effectively pinned down, and its superior strength would soon wear down Obi-Wan's resistance. He tightened his grip on the attacker's wrist, trying to move the sharp knife it was holding, away from his face - which was where the blade pointed.

"No," Obi-Wan shouted - although the blaring heavy percussive rhythms easily drowned

3. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ack! Weird creatures have caught Obi... I don't like this... [face_plain]

Something bad's going to happen, isn't it?
    I have a bad feeling about this...

Excellent, and suspensful, Cas!

4. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :( Poor guy.He just can't catch a break!

5. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    sheleigh - Weird creatures have caught Obi... I don't like this...
    Don't say that! You know you do! ;)

obi_ew - Poor guy.He just can't catch a break!
    Do we really want him too??? [face_devil]

Thanks guys! :)

Here's a hopeless UP!

6. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    I'm all for a mushy happy Obi! Every once in awhile I mean ! :D

Kicks Cascadia back up the boards !

7. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    A mushy happy Obi is good too! Can't argue with you there. :D

Oh, and thanks for the kick!

8. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    It's it always Qui-Gon's fault.

Great post.

What are you doing way back here.

******UP YOU GO********

PEACe ewen

9. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Thank you for the UP ewen!

Sorru Teanyl watched his comrades securing their captive to a sleep couch. He was not usually so wary, but a Jedi was not the type of person to mess with. Sure, the young man was unconscious, but what did that mean. Sorru had heard too many stories of gallant Jedi knights overcoming great obstacles to defeat their enemies. So, holding one prisoner ultimately did not appeal to him in the least. Besides, he had worked hard all his life to make a respectable business dealings. One wrong move could demolish a lifetime of labor - or revoke his commission with Lanovir Mining Systems, depending on whether he cooperated or not.

A medium built man, Sorru had lived a lifetime travelling from one system to another, making shipment runs and pickups. He knew the Republic systems very well. Since working under Lanovir, he had acquired more business - so much so, that he could have retired from the work himself and left others to do his shipments. But, he was not the type to slow down - no matter how old he was. And his age could not be shaken out of him by any means.

Now he had a dilemma. His Lanovir overseer had ordered him to smuggle a Jedi captive from Jatamansi to Catarma, in the mid rim. He had never been ordered to do such a criminal act before. So why now? He wasn't sure, but he suspected the order came down from Lanovir's recent heiress, Nolamia Cordone. He had met her only once. But from that one meeting he suspected that the new Mining Queen was not at all like her grandfather who had started the business.

Miss Cordone was wise in her business dealings, but something on the outside hinted at something on the inside that was not at all pleasant. She gave off an air of nicety, but there lingered a smugness. Her deep brown hair and matching brown eyes set in a face of dark-tanned innocence was a mask, Sorru was convinced. She inherited the handsome features of her grandfather, but not his kind, good-natured soul.

A weak moan from the unconscious young Jedi broke Sorru from his daydreaming. Sighing, he strolled back to the cockpit to ensure a timely departure from Jatamansi.

The five thugs he found himself dealing with in this escapade did little to settle his worry. After sneaking their prisoner through the spaceport via a large cargo crate, they came aboard snickering and daring one another to take another captive for personal sport. Sorru peered back down the hall watching for them. He did not trust them one bit.

The tallest of the thugs approached Sorru, stopping in front of him. "The kid's all tied up now. You can relax... as long as you keep him unconscious. Jedis aren't to be underestimated. He could kill you with one thought... if he could remember how to," the man laughed. "Here's the drug to give him twice a day. Make sure you don't forget." He handed Sorru the drug vial and a long cylinder - Obi-Wan's lightsabre.

Sorru nodded stiffly. Then, without saying a word, he pulled a small metal case from beneath the pilot's chair and handed it to the thug, who turned and left the cargo ship along with his companions. He didn't know what was in the case, but had been instructed to give it to the men when they brought the Jedi. He guessed it was loaded with credits from the weight and sound of it.

"Everything's clear, sir," said Turey, the copilot.

After placing the drug and the weapon under his seat, Sorru strapped himself in the pilot's chair and checked over all the systems again. Assured everything was in order and that the young Jedi was in tow, he received port clearance and blasted out of Jata's spaceport.

~~~

Qui-Gon walked through Jata's streets following an unseen lead. He could sense faint traces of his missing padawan. Obi-Wan had wandered into the entertainment sector of Jata - the most dangerous part on the planet. But realizing the direction he was travelling in only distracted him from the Force's lead. So, he quickly put that thought out of his head.

Zaritus followed as close to him as he could. If they appeared

10. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum. ?[face_plain] I'm having trouble remembering the story from this point.It's almost like it's brand new! :D

11. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for reading it, obi_ew!

12. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Uh... let me see if this works.... I've never posted a picture before. :D

[image=http://www.geocities.com/deztani1/full.jpg]

Oh, well. I guess it isn't going to work... :(

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Hope Qui finds Obi soon.

Good post!!!!

PEACE ewen

14. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Moi- Poor Obi-Wan! Shipped in a crate... given a drug, still loosing his memory and to top it off- He's lightsaber-less!

[face_devil]

I love it! :D

Excellent, as always, Cas!

15. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for reading, ewen and sheleigh!

I truly and deeply appreciate the replies.

16. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    One more UP for the night. I'll have up the next part tomorrow.

17. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    ** i hate you, you hate me, i shot barney with a 83, then i took my shot gun shot him to the floor, no more purple dinasour**

18. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    Is going back to being silent and not replying on the boards :( good day

jenny

19. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks for the little ditty, Jenny! And thanks for UPing! :)

There's not much Obi here, but it's a long post!

~CHAPTER 5 - DISCRETIONS~

Sorru checked on the Jedi captive a few hours after leaving Jatamansi. Still soundly asleep, the prisoner did not appear at peace. Distress surfaced on his countenance with a troubled brow, confirming what Sorru had been told about a painful virus infecting him. While observing the young Jedi, Sorru noticed a blood-soaked sleeve. Searching for the cause, he found a deep gash to the Jedi's right forearm. Those thugs apparently did nothing to care for the wound. Grimacing, Sorru retrieved a medical kit. Then he cleaned and dressed the wound, all the while leaving the Jedi tied to the sleep couch. The wound would be healed by the time he reached Catarma. Although the drug Sorru was supposed to give him would keep him unconscious - and therefore not a threat - Sorru felt inclined to keep his guest restrained as well. A Jedi should not be underestimated - of that he was sure.

Sorru wondered again why he was doing this. This was not the type of work he wanted to do. Running shipments was his life, not kidnapping Jedis. How did he get trapped into something like this? Abetting the kidnapping of a Jedi undoubtedly carried with it a heavy penalty. And at Sorru's age, he would be dead before he completed a prison term.

Sorru spared another look at the captive. He looked so young. Why would anybody want to harm him? Shaking his head in disgust, Sorru left the cabin and settled in his own bed, trying to catch some sleep - elusive though it was.

~~~

"No," Mace nearly shouted - his voice echoing in the Council chamber. "We will not disobey the Senate's order to stop the investigation," his chin set with determination.

"But, why do they want us to stop?" Master Nima questioned, with a determination to match Mace's. A contemporary of Qui-Gon Jinn, Nima Dorayin was just as difficult - as the Council would put it - as the tall Jedi master himself. The graying Nima stood in the center of the chamber's circle along with her petite padawan Torani, who was a close friend to Jinn's padawan, Obi-Wan. Together, Nima and Torani had been ordered to investigate the drug tampering that had caused Obi-Wan's illness. So far, all they could come up with was that a data-terminal located within the Senate building was used to hack into the Jedi Temple's records - the healer's ward records and Obi-Wan's record specifically. After that discovery, they were quickly ordered to stop investigating.

"That... does not matter," Mace stated.

"It doesn't matter that they might know something?" Nima questioned. "That they could be covering up a huge conspiracy or even a threat to the Jedi." The aging Jedi master turned in a circle, to glance at every member seated on the Council, before facing Mace again. "I don't believe that all of you would just bury your heads in the sand and pretend that this has not happened." Solemnly she nodded, "I know you don't want to hear this, but I know... something... SOMETHING will happen that you will not be able to ignore. And that will be your downfall... because you WILL ignore it." She bowed curtly, with Torani following her lead. "Good day, masters," she said, leaving the chamber with Torani behind her.

Yoda turned to Mace, who sat beside him. "Right, is she," said the diminutive Jedi master.

Mace locked eyes with him, "there's nothing we can do. Our hands are tied."

Master Eeth Koth spoke up, "We cannot disobey the orders of the Republic. That is whom we serve."

~~~

Waking after a few hours of sleep, Qui-Gon Jinn could not fall back asleep. He was filled with too much worry. Rolling onto his side, he buried his face in the silky pillow. The night - or rather early morning - sleep had been plagued by nervousness. The Jedi master was unable to rest very well, thoughts of his padawan in unknown danger dominated his thoughts - and dreams. As realization sank in, he lifted his head from the pillow, scanning

20. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    That's it... the people behind Obi-Wan's virus must be incredibly powerful... if they can order the Jedi to stop the investigation! Something is going on here... but what is it...? Hmm....

It's sad to see Qui-Gon so worried about his Padawan. He should be, mind you, but even he doesn't deserve to have his ill Padawan taken away from him!

And then there is Obi-Wan... :_| Poor guy... and no doubt his situation will get worse. [face_devil]

As always Cas magnificent!! :)

21. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
  22. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    [face_shocked] IT'S ONE BIG CONSPIROCY!!!!!!!

QUIGON GO GET THEM YOU BIG LOVING FATHER YOU :D

23. Jenny_The_Jedi_Girl

Jul 16, 2001
    :) :) :) :) :) :( :( :( :( :( :D :D :D :D :D [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_shocked] [face_shocked]
    [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_devil] [face_mischief] [face_mischief] [face_mischief] [face_mischief] [face_mischief] :cool:
    :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :_| :_| :_| :_| :_| :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain] [face_plain]

MORE!!!!!!!!!!

24. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I think we need a dose of Qui-Gon Jinn to the rescue right about now.

Obi tied up on a bed.
    Now that gives you something to think about!!!

I hate to admit it but I love Obi torture as long as he isn't "killed" off because of it.

PEACE ewen

25. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    he looked so young,why would anyone want to hurt him? That's what I keep asking myself! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.