main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Past, Present, and Future (A Christmas Story)- Please R/R.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KADI-WAN_KENOBI, Dec 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imzadi

imzadi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2000
    Aww how cute! I really liked his story about Yoda. I'm looking foward to Winter Thanks 'present'!

2. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Up!

More later. :)

3. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    very good

4. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Sorry this is taking so long. I should have a long post up tonight. Just need to type it out.

Sorry again.

5. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    This is really nice!! Its cute and I like the idea. More soon!

6. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Okay, here it is.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon looked around at the town the spirit had now taken him to. He instantly recognized it.

Telos.

Around them a soft snow fell. Dusk was just descending. The windows of the houses let out a soft glow from inside. He could hear the sounds of several parties being held for Winters Thanks.

Just then, a lone figure caught his attention. He watched as it walked silently towards on of the larger and quieter houses. This time, though, he wasn't so shocked.

The figure knocked on the door, which opened a few minutes later. The man instantly motioned for the lone figure to enter, then shut the door.

Qui-Gon promptly followed them, walking through the closed door.

It was surprising how used to it he had become in such a short time. Qui-Gon arrived right on time to see the figure lower its hood.

"I am Qui-Gon Jinn. You contacted the Temple about a child who might be strong in the Force?" It..he asked.

Yes. It was him. A much younger him, but not as young as before.

He had been recently knighted. His hair was still just growing out of the Padawan haircut.

"Yes. My son." The man, Crion, said, leading him to another room.

Inside was a cradle. A young child, no more that 6 months, slept peacefully in it.

The knight walked over to him and looked down at the boy.

Expertly, he took a blood sample from the sleeping child in less than a minute.

The boy let out a small yawn, then opened his eyes, staring up at him.

Qui-Gon felt his heart beating faster, even though it wasn't happening to him. Just his younger self.

Still, it seemed like it was he who was standing there, staring into the child's dark blue eyes. The memory stood out clearly in his mind.

He had felt something click inside of him then. There had been something about the boy. So trusting and calm. But also strong in a way he had never been able to place a finger on.

"There is another Winters Thnaks that was spent with this young man." The spirit spoke up behind him.

"No. Please, don't show me that." Qui-Gon found himself begging the small girl.

But it was too late. They were already there.

Ok, that was iffy. Still, please tell me what you think.

7. Teebones

Teebones Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2000
    That was great, Kadi!

UP

8. Whiskey in the Jar-Jar

Whiskey in the Jar-Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2000
    Iffy? That wasn't iffy at all.

I've heard it said that a an author is their own worst critic, but that post wasn't iffy.

Keep it up.

9. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    No, that wasn't iffy. I thought it was really good. I'm looking forward to reading the next part.

10. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    Hmmmmm.....Xanatos? Am I correct?

11. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
  12. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000

Once again, they were standing in the town on Telos.

It had completely changed.

What had once been a peaceful, happy place where people had been celebrating Winter's Thanks was now completely silent and war-torn.

No sounds of parties could be heard. The shutters on the windows were tightly shut. If any light was on inside, it couldn't be seen.

Qui-Gon slowly walked through the town, down the main street. He knew where he must go.

Soon, he was on a large, open plain. Snow was swirling about him, covering everything in white. He didn't feel it biting at his face or even notice it for that matter. Qui-Gon was too busy watching his worse memory play out before him.

Several meters in front of him were two figures. One stood staring at the other, who was kneeling next to a dead body sadly.

"I hate you." The kneeling figure whisppered.

"Padawan, listen."The older man said.

The older him said. His hair, which now reached his shoulders, swirled around his face like the snow.

"No."

"Padawan, he was killing innocent people. He had to be stopped." The other him gently lay a hand on his Padawan's shoulder. "I had hoped it wouldn't turn out this way, but he wouldn't listen and attacked. I am so sorry."

The younger man turned away. He gently slid the ring off of the dead man's finger. Staring angrily at his master, he pressed the hot ring against his cheek.

The smell of burning flesh filled the air.

Xanatos removed the ring, dropping it to the ground, revealing a bloody, burnt mark in the shape of a broken circle on his cheek.

He stood up, igniting his lightsaber.

"I hate you." Xanatos said louder this time.

"Padawan, don't let your anger control you." Qui-Gon, the other Qui-Gon, pleaded, hands held out in a sign of peace. "You don't want to do this."

"Yes I do. You killed my father. My father. I want revenge!" Xanatos suddenly lunged at him.

The other Qui-Gon parried the attack, still pleading with his Padawan. "Xanatos. No. Don't do this."

"I won't rest until I see you dead!" The younger man yelled.

Slowly, the battle began to fade away.

Qui-Gon quietly wept as he knelt on the floor of his bedroom.

"Why do you enjoy torturing me?" He yelled at the spirit who was still with him.

His heart felt like it was being ripped in two all over again. He had tried to forget that day.

Since then, Winter's Thanks had never been the same. No longer was it a day of thanks and happiness, it was a day of hatred and rememberance of betrayl.

"Only shadows of the past, these images are. I do not have any control over what they are."

"Leave me." He shouted. "Leave me alone! I don't want to see anymore."

The young girl nodded, disappearing out of sight, leaving him alone with his grief.

13. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    it's not going to be finished by Christmas.
    :(

up!

14. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Qui-Gon had just laid back down, his emotions finally in control.

He never, ever wanted to go through that again.

What the spirit had wanted to accomplish showing him the past, was beyond him.

All she had done was remind him exactly why Winter's Thanks was his least favorite holiday.

His eyes began to drift shut.

A bright light suddenly filled the room.

Qui-Gon sat straight up.

He frowned.

The light was coming from his common room.

Pulling his robe on, he headed out, lightsaber ready.

The room had completely changed.

It was filled with a warm glow that filled the room, but he couldn't find its source.

A delicious smelling dinner was laid out on the table, steaming hot.

"Welcome, Qui-Gon!" A loud, booming voice said happily.

Sitting on his chair was a large, jolly man.

He had a curly, red beard and hair that reached below his shoulders.

He was dressed in the robes of a Jedi Master.

"Do I know you?" Qui-Gon asked, lowering his lightsaber.

"No, but you've known 48 of my brothers." The man said cheerfully.

"I don't recall ever meeting them." Qui-Gon studied him closer. "Who are you?"

More later.

15. Calayka_Bele

Calayka_Bele Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2000
    This is really cool. Too bad you won't have it finished by Christmas. Good job though.

Merry Christmas!!:)

16. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Keep going!

17. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    This is coming along great! I'm intrigued by this new spirit. I can't wait to read what happens next!

18. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    this is good. :) Now you got me thinking about the movie and stuff and i keep seeing Yoda in hula-wear doing the rats "Heat-wave" dance. More please!

19. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    "I am the ghost of Winter present." The man said, laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world.

Qui-Gon frowned.

Another ghost.

"Present? As in the here and now?"

"Yes. The spirit of Winter's Thanks day." He said, grinning.

"You are early then. The day doesn't start for another 6 hours." Qui-Gon pointed out.

"It does?" The spirit chuckled.

Suddenly, the blind over his wimdow shot up, revealing the sun rising over the buildings of Coruscant.

Qui-Gon's mouth dropped open.

"H-how.."

For once, he was speechless.

And he had thought he would be ready for anything after what had happened earlier.

"Come." The spirit said cheerfully, walking through his front door.

I'm so sorry about how long it took to post.

20. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    That's ok, this time *g* Please post more as soon as you can, this new spirit has an odd personality, I can't wait to read more!

21. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Uppers!

22. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Once again, sorry for taking so long. RL has been keeping me busy.

Qui-Gon followed the cheerful spirit through the halls.

He had forgotten how busy and cheerful the Temple was on Winter's Thanks day.

They passed a group of knights who were laughing over some unknown joke, enjoying each others company.

Several Padawans raced by, brightly wrapped presents in their hands, heading for a party one of their friends was no doubt holding.

"Ah, here we are." The spirit stopped in front of a door. "Come!"

Qui-Gon frowned.

Mace's quarters.

Following the jolly ghost through the door, he looked around.

Yoda, Tahl, An-Paj, and the rest of the Council were there, chatting, laughing, and just plain enjoying themselves.

Their Padawans were huddled around the table, filling their plates.

The table was laid out with goodies from around the galaxy, including a large, roasted bird of some sort.

It smelled wonderful.

"Where's Qui-Gon?"

His head jerked up, looking for who had asked about him.

He saw Mace sit down beside Tahl.

"He refused to come. Probably sitting in his quarters once again." Mace said. "He's changed."

"Yes. Ever since Xanatos, he's become cold and uncaring. His heart was damaged too much. If Xanatos was here, I would give him a piece of my mind-"

Qui-Gon winced at her words. They were true. Until now, though, he hadn't known others cared. Hadn't known or refused to see.

"Most of us would." Mace said. "All we can do is wait and hope that he will come around soon."

"Yes." Tahl said sadly. Just then, Mace's Padawan approached.

"Master, could we open the presents now?" She asked hopefully.

Mace laughed. "Presents? Of course!"

The girls face lit up. The other Padawans were already starting to exchange gifts.

Just then, Yoda hobled up to him, a box in his hand.

"For you, this is." The old master said.

Mace tore open the box and froze.

Qui-Gon moved to see what it was and almost laughed outloud.

"Um...thank you Master Yoda." He said hesitantly. Mace lifted out the fuzzy, pink headwarmer. "Its...great."

"Too bald, you are. Keep you warm, it will. Wear this, you will. Make sure of it, I will."

Mac just stared in dismay as everyone tried to hide their laughter, although several did not succeed.

"Come, there is much more to see." The spirit said, chuckling.

23. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    LOL! That was great! And how they were talking about him was a good addition to the story, it was quite realistic.

24. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

Aug 9, 2000
    Qui-Gon soon found himself heading several levels down.

Towards the Initiates wing.

They walked silently through the halls, faint echoes of parties surrounding them.

Qui-Gon suddenly sensed a lone prescence in one of the rooms they were passing.

It was sad, lonely.

Like a reflection of how he felt.

Could it be that this was how the others sensed him.

Lonely and depressed?

Without thinking, he headed into the room, completely forgetting about the spirit that for once remained silent.

Looking around, Qui-Gon was surprised to find himself in the same tournament room he had watched the young initiates a couple days earlier.

He silently aprroached the lone figure who was practicing with his lightsaber.

Slowly, the boy did a flip, turning so he faced Qui-Gon.

It was the initiate who he had confronted.

Obi-Wan.

The boy disengaged his lightsaber and sat down, sighing.

As Qui-Gon gazed down at the depressed little boy, he felt something.

Just a small park.

No, it couldn't be.

Could it?

He hadn't felt it since...Xanatos.

But it was there.

And as a single tear made its way down the boys face, it grew inside of him.

Qui-Gon couldn't deny it.

He couldn't push it away.

There was something between them.

He felt a protectiveness for this boy.

Like a father would a son.

But that didn't make any sense.

He hardly knew the boy.

But there was no denying it WAS there.

Qui-Gon knelt beside Obi-Wan, longing to reach out an embrace the boy.

To hold him tight and make everything alright.

To see the boy smile like he had when he had won the match.

"Obi-Wan?"

Both master and initiate jumped up, spinning to see a young initiate walk in.

"Oh, hi Bant." Obi-Wan said, quickly rubbing away the tear that had made its way down his cheek.

"Why aren't you at the party?" Bant asked.

"I was thinking."

"About the tournament?"

Obi-Wan just nodded, turning away.

The girl looked at her friend sadly, laying a comforting hand on his shoulder.

"What's wrong Obi?"

"I keep thinking about what Master Jinn said. Did I really fight agressively? Should I have lengthened the match out? Was there something more I could have done that would show that I'm ready to become a Padawan?"

"Obi-Wan, don't berate yourself like this." Bant said, turning him to face her. "You did your best. You fought spectacularly. Even Master Yoda was impressed, I could feel it."

Obi-Wan just looked at her skeptically. "Master Jinn didn't think so."

"Forget Master Jinn!" Bant exclaimed. "If he missed what is so clear to me and everyone else, then he is just a stupid sith."

"Bant, don't talk like that!" Obi-Wan said, shocked. "It's disrespectful."

"He deserves it. And if he was here, I'd give him a piece of my mind."

Obi-Wan smiled despite himself.

He could just imagine Bant confronting the tall Master.

"Well, he was my last chance to become a Jedi."

"Maybe, maybe not. You still have another month. And hey, you never know when a master will come in looking for a Padawan unanounced. Its not unheard of, you know."

"Thanks Bant." Obi-Wan said, giving his friend a hug. She was always able to lift his spirits when he was down.

"Come on, lets go to the party before Reeft eats all the dessert." She said, wrapping her arm around his shoulders.

"Alright." He smiled. "Lets go."

25. imzadi

Sep 19, 2000
    Great post! You portrayed Bant very well, and also Obi-Wan's thoughts and doubts really added to the post. I hope you'll write some more of Qui-Gon's reaction, that would be very interesting to read. I'm looking forward to more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.