main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Past Providence, Future Promise - Future Fic Discussion Calling all Authors! Roll Call.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by ZaraValinor, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor

ZaraValinor Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 31, 2002
    I've collected a few authors for this so thought it was time that we started plotting.

We won't start writing until beginning of May.

Characters so far.

Valerian Skywalker (I have actually been thinking of maybe changing this to Queen Valeria Skywalker instead)

Ean Skywalker (Sir Briman, my dear friend, will be writing him)
    Caladan Skywalker (The magnificent and my comsic twin mavjade will be covering him)
    Corelle Skywalker (Will be ZaraValinor, me)

Argense (thesporkbewithyouwill be writing him and his father.)

Argense's father (He won't be needing a large part, considering he gets killed early on and bestows the kingdom to Argense)

Other Characters (Inside the two kingdoms, I see smaller duchies, beholden to the larger kingdoms. Which means we'll need Dukes and Duchesses, as well as Princes and Princesses.)

Two Kingdoms (Still unsure if this is how I want them. Any suggestions would be most welcome.)

Sith (I've been thinking that they would be descendents of Luke, Ben, and Cade Skywalker, though they have forgotten the Jedi way.)

Jedi (Are descendants of Leia, not that I think Leia is evil or anthing. Believed that the actions of Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader) and Jacen Solo were correct. That when Luke interferred, he destroyed the basis of true peace.)

I also think we need some outside influence, possibly having become forgotten in the fall of democracy and the scattering of the systems before the kingdoms took over.

2. thesporkbewithyou

thesporkbewithyou Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2005
    Hey, glad to see this up here!

I have a computer for a short while, so I might as well start something now. Anyway, I'd like to call Argense's father for starters if that's okay with you.

And the thought of all the power plays and politics that probably go on inside the kingdoms and out... ooh... very intriguing.

Edit: First post!

3. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    If this fic get started within the month, I can also contribute.
    I can be a Sith apprentice/lord that get killed in the opening chapters.

4. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    thesporkbewithyou

Cool. That's great. You wouldn't be willing to tackle Argense as well would you?

Darth_Mu

The Force is still there but the knowledge and learning has pretty much been destroyed. So they can use it to a certain degree, but nothing close to a Sith Lord or Master.

5. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Cool. That's great. You wouldn't be willing to tackle Argense as well would you?

I can try. If he gets too dificult I can always pass him on to someone else I guess.

6. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Were you thinking to keep a limited character, because you know Argense's father dies rather early?

7. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    No, I think that was just for starters so I could get a feel for the fic.

8. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Oh, I see. Then I'll put you down for Argense and his father?

9. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Sure, go right ahead.

Also, do you know the planets the respective kings are ruling from? Are Coruscant and Ossus major players?

10. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    They could be. What I'd really like to do is sit down with a map and have us all decide where the boundaries for the kingdoms are and which systems might have been lost during the fall of democracy and the splittering of the systems.

11. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    They could be. What I'd really like to do is sit down with a map and have us all decide where the boundaries for the kingdoms are and which systems might have been lost during the fall of democracy and the splittering of the systems.

Right, that would be a good idea.

As for that outside influence you have, I have an idea. I know people have been using Naboo a lot in their fics, having characters rediscover it and all, but it could just be the influence we're looking for. It seems to have been virtually untouched since Palpatine left it and Padme died. If we have any sort of redemption in the fic, it could be the force that starts it because it probably has lots of things that have been stored from the old days and stuff.

12. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

It would be interesting to have that area seem sort of forgotten, especially if we count Tatooine, Naboo and the surronding systems. They could be sort of a free lands area. Not cohesive in government, but each system believing in freedom.

13. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    It would be interesting to have that area seem sort of forgotten, especially if we count Tatooine, Naboo and the surronding systems. They could be sort of a free lands area. Not cohesive in government, but each system believing in freedom.

Oooh, lovely idea! So we have a third, mini force in place. Not exactly a rebellion, but more like... a resistance. A subtle, outside pressure that wishes for the kingsoms to disband. Now here's another point. Do they want a senate such as in the days of the old Rebuplic, a more Parliament style government like the NR/GA had, another style all together, or leave it up to every system to decide for themselves?

14. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    That's a good question. I think that this 'free area' won't really have a problem with them, unless either of the Kingdoms start to explore and set their sights on dominating them. But what I was really hoping for was an enemy. To sort of bring them all together. I think the individual systems in the 'free area' would have their own governments but are friendly with each other.

EDIT: Though I wouldn't want the enemy to appear until the end of the story.

15. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    That's a good question. I think that this 'free area' won't really have a problem with them, unless either of the Kingdoms start to explore and set their sights on dominating them. But what I was really hoping for was an enemy. To sort of bring them all together. I think the individual systems in the 'free area' would have their own governments but are friendly with each other.

Right. Friendly with each other, but sort of "cool" in attitude towards the kingdoms. An enemy hm? Let's see...

16. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Is there still time and room get in on the ground level of this thing?

I know little about anything you are talking about, but I love the idea of contributing to a larger whole. I'd be willing to take a small part, as spork mentioned, to get a feel for the thing.

17. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    Yeah, this may turn out to be longer then when fic, I just don't know. I see there being all this struggle between the tree areas and then this 'enemy' for a lack of a better term, cause some problems which eventually brings them to work together. That and the connection between Corelle and Argense and then I have some ideas with Caladan that I need to talk to mav about and hopefully with the other characters as well.

EDIT:

Oh, Definitely.

18. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, this may turn out to be longer then when fic, I just don't know. I see there being all this struggle between the tree areas and then this 'enemy' for a lack of a better term, cause some problems which eventually brings them to work together. That and the connection between Corelle and Argense and then I have some ideas with Caladan that I need to talk to mav about and hopefully with the other characters as well.

I think it almost always turns out that way, that the fic gets longer than you expeted it to be :p.

Okay, work together as like Britain and US, or work together as in US and Russia? Just need to get a picture, because the relationship between the three can also bring some plot points in to get the story moving.

19. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    Zara, in your description of Jedi and Sith, you to have their roles reversed? Are the Sith good and the Jedi bad?

20. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I would say at first it would be very much like US and Russia, just because there has been all this animosity and threat between them, but eventually as they work together they would become more like US and Britain.

21. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I wouldn't say that either is necessarily bad or good. I don't know if you read the previous thread when I was calling for authors, but the Force isn't really prevelant at first, not until the Monks of (need a cool name) bring the lost teachings to Caladan. I would say one is more aggressive then the other and it is that, I think I have them as Jedi as present, that attack the worlds and capture Caladan and Corelle.

22. brodiew

Oct 11, 2005
    I see. No, I just responded to what I read in this thread.

23. thesporkbewithyou

Feb 13, 2005
    I would say at first it would be very much like US and Russia, just because there has been all this animosity and threat between them, but eventually as they work together they would become more like US and Britain.

Okay, sounds good.

I wouldn't say that either is necessarily bad or good. I don't know if you read the previous thread when I was calling for authors, but the Force isn't really prevelant at first, not until the Monks of (need a cool name) bring the lost teachings to Caladan. I would say one is more aggressive then the other and it is that, I think I have them as Jedi as present, that attack the worlds and capture Caladan and Corelle.

*breaks out into a wide grin* And that's where Naboo and Tatooine come in! They could have some writtings preserved from Obi-Wan or Yoda or something, or maybe even throw in some from Palpatine. I'm sure he had some stored in Naboo somewhere.

And that's a very sneaky idea.

Okay, at this point I'm gonna have to drop out for a little bit because O need to take a shower and pack, but I should be back in a half hour or so.

24. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002
    I haven't really solified which Kingdom will be which. I thought it would be ironic if the Jedi were a littl emore aggressive, but I can't say for sure.

They really arose from misguided remembrence and out of necessity to keep certain fractions from become extinct when democracy fell.

Which reminds me. We need a back story for that.

25. ZaraValinor

May 31, 2002

Oh, that's a good idea, to have one of them come over to find one of the Skywalkers (seeing how I have each kingdom stem from Anakin Skywalker). The Monk is imprisoned by Argense's father and that's how he meets up with Caladan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.