main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patches

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by BurntTheMacaroni, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurntTheMacaroni

BurntTheMacaroni Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2005
    Hey all, got myself into a slight pickle...

Patches... I need three, and no one makes them. Does anyone know of anyone who makes custom patches?
    Any help would be greaaaaaaaatttlllyyy appreciated :)

2. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    You mean for you're Rebel pilot? Uh... I didn't know those had patches of any sort. What do those look like?

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Patches? Patches? We don't need no steenkin patches!

Sorry couldn't resist.

How many are you looking for? The biggest obstacle is cost. If you want to make up one or two they end up costing quite a large amount. Of ourse if you do a run of 200 the price per patch becomes really reasonable, but you still need to pay for 200 patches.

I can point you to a few people who make patches for the Rebel Legion and/or the 501st

4. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    Yeaaaa i dont need 200 patches of these lol.

I just need one each for myself.. Which i guess is the hardest part... getting just one

5. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    If it's a one off, you can always embroider them yourself. ;) It really isn't that difficult once you learn how.

6. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    good point Arsinoe... one problem... i dont know how [face_worried]. I've never had to embroider anything..

7. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    Well if its a single copy the best thing I can suggest is to find a local person with an embroidery machine, explain you just ned one and see if anyone is willing to do it.

You are probably going to get more luck with a small business run out of a person's home, rather than a storefront kind of place.

There might even be people here in this forum with a fancy enough machine to scan and embroider who might be able to help. Heck I was going to ask the same thing at some point. I have a patch design that I only need 6 of.

8. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    That... would be super...

I just hope someone who can make them actually reads this... Because i have a funny feeling if i tried it with my machine, it would not be pretty haha

9. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    A local person might be best, but you might want to check here:

http://patchdistributor.bizland.com/wHOlesale7002.chtml

The owner of ASAP has used them a lot and recommends them so it might work for you.

10. FETT-MAN

FETT-MAN Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2005
    Well, my mother's got an embroidery machine. She's never used it specifically for embroidry, but I wouldn't be surprised if she knew how. But I have no idea where you're located so I can't really help you.

11. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    I trued them already... Their minimum is 50 :(. But it was a good shot!

12. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    There's some one by the name of:

Annya_Latoure2

He/She recently bought an embroidery machine. I don't know if they are interested in doing any work for anyone or not. But it couldn't hurt to ask.

13. Smiling-Otter

Smiling-Otter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2001
    What do the patches you want look like?

14. BurntTheMacaroni

May 16, 2005
    two of them are just tan rectangles, one would say "CorSec" and the other would say "Officer Wessiri"

the other.. well here's the description from the book...

"Corran recoiled in surprise and for the first time saw the patch on the shoulder of her jumpsuit. It showed a Corellian sea-ray that had a bar where its eyes should have been. Because of the polarized thread used to embroider the black eye-bar, a little vertical white line passed through it, running side to side."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.