main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Patchwork (UDC, v2 Response: multiple characters, themes & eras) Completed, 5/6/2013

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Sep 24, 2007.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them and it is Kavin again from your diary. He is such an adorable character.

2. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I think Kavin definitely made the right decision to fess up to the Council - it's just unfortunate it took the toll it did on him first.

The two gasped when they turned to leave. Standing in the doorway were their parents

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That's how it usually turns out! :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Actually, that Kavin is different from the Kavin from the diary... but the Kavin you are referring to is in this set. ;)

Kelia yes, living a lie can be very taxing.

Thank you both for reading and your responses. [:D] This next set is lighthearted. For some reason I'm in a humorous mood.

~~~~~~~~~~

Week 12

Trial

?A bottle of ?Essence of the Force? every day is guaranteed to satisfy. For nineteen point ninety-nine credits, you will get this trial-sized bottle of ?Essence of the Force?. If you do not instantly feel stronger than a Wookie, become more beautiful than Princess Leia? for you ladies? or more dashing than Han Solo and more earnest than Master Luke Skywalker, then we will refund your credits, minus postage and handling.?

Lando smiles beatifically until he realizes the holo-cam is turned off. ?Oh, you?ve got to be kidding me!? He quickly smiles again as the holo-cam?s light turns on. ?Hello??

Test

?Testing, testing, one two three,? Fodinsbeed tapped the microphone. ?I don?t think this thing is working?? they tapped it one more time and there was a loud screeching feedback. ?Oh, yeah, there we go now. Sorry about that, listeners, we had a little technical difficulty. Hehehe. Anyway, I?m Fod??

?? and I?m Beed??

?? and we are here to interview the young slave boy who turned the podracing world on its ear today! Hey there, kid, how does it feel to be a hero??

?My name is Anakin!?

?Yeah, yeah, we know. How does it feel to be a hero??

Preparation

Kavin paced and ran his fingers through his hair. He stopped and turned to his friend. ?Jef, do you have??

?Yeah, I have the ring!? He grinned, holding it up. ?Trust me.?

Rosh and Stave laughed. ?Yeah, Kavin, what are you all worked up for? It?s like you?re preparing for a big step or something.?

?I?m getting married!

?Hey, Rosh, do you have the sheet music?? Stave winked.

?What sheet music?? Rosh laughed at Kavin?s panicked reaction.

When Kavin relaxed, Jefri grinned. ?Rosh, remember not to tear off your shirt during this performance or the bride may have second thoughts.?

Fail

?I fail to see the humor in this.? Garen glared.

?Come on,? Tama said as she closed the cabinet door and took Garen by the hand.

?Where are we going??

?To the café down the street so you may get your caf, and I can get some tea.?

As they walked down Tyrena?s street, Garen shielded his eyes from the sun. He shook his head as Tama hummed a cheerful tune. ?You have no right to be so perky this early.?

?Sure I do. I?m with you.? She gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Garen suddenly found himself smiling.

Pass

Fifteen padawans, three teams of five, ran about the court with helmets on, the visors pulled down to cover their eyes. Practice sabers swung to hit a ball back and forth as each team tried to get it into their opponents? goals. At one point, a padawan swung and missed the ball but managed to clobber a passing teammate.

Masters Windu and Fisto fought not to laugh.

?Cute these padawans are.? Yoda commented as he watched. ?Time it is to introduce a new element.? He waved his fingers and marbles levitated out of his pocket then skittered across the floor.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them and pass was very funny with Yoda[face_laugh][face_laugh]

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, earlybird-obi-wan, I had fun writing them.

OK, here is week 13... and I've finally caught up! [face_dancing]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 13

Festive

Obi-wan fidgeted with the scratchy collar of his brightly colored costume. ?Remind me again why we have to wear these preposterous outfits, Master??

?Come on, padawan, get in the festive mood.? Master Jinn laughed jovially as he clapped Obi-wan on the shoulder and handed him a rather large lollipop with swirling colors. ?Lighten up; you?re a Jedi after all.? The master winked and sniggered at his own pun.

Obi-wan moaned at the overused turn of phrase but smiled none-the-less. He looked around at the revelers and could not help but think there were going to be many headaches come morning.

Wish

Sitting next to Colleen, Dugal watched her gaze up at the Corellian night sky. Other men in his situation may have wished that they had not spent so many wasted years to get to this moment, but not the master healer. All the painful memories of the past made him appreciate even more the beauty before him. He slid off the boulder they were sitting on and knelt before her. He took her hand.

?Colleen, I love you. Will you marry me?? He slipped the ring he had been keeping for over fifteen years for this precious moment in time.

Gift

Jakob and Caylib watched as their parents crossed over to the bed and lifted the wrapped boxes the boys had laid near the pillows. ?Happy anniversary,? they spoke in unison when they realized they were not in trouble.

Without opening her gift, Miri placed it back on the bed and wrapped her sons in a tearful hug. ?Thank you so much boys!?

?But you haven?t opened it yet,? Jakob protested.

?You are the best gift, son.?

Caylib rubbed his mom?s back. ?We love you too, mom.?

Kavin put his package down as well and joined in on the family hug.

Naughty

With a naughty gleam in his eye, Bryont pulled his wife into a supply closet. With the door closed, he began to kiss her amorously. A few minutes later, the two gasped in surprise and Maci blushed when the door suddenly flew open.

There stood Master Covtai with an inscrutable expression on his face. ?I do believe it is time for the two of you to go on your honeymoon.?

?No arguments here, Master.? Bryont grinned mischievously as he closed the door once more.

Standing just outside the door, Master Covtai raised an eye ridge as he heard Maci giggling.

Nice

Eight-year-old Alexis jumped up and down. ?Can I have a chocolate air cake, please??

Bryont laughed as he noted, ?I think you?ve had enough sugar.?

?Oh, pretty please,? she begged.

?Ok, but this is the last treat until dinner.? Bryont and Maci went over to the vendor selling the delectable delicacies and bought a slice of the cake.

After receiving the dessert, Alexis looked around the fairgrounds and spotted a lone figure. The emaciated boy wore dirty rags and looked downcast. She looked at her cake, sighed before going over to the other youngling, and handed over the tasty treat.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them and I like to know what Obi-Wan was wearing[face_whistling]

7. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...those were lovely

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I can't even imagine what sort of costume poor Obi-Wan was forced to wear :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    I was picturing a lacy dress with a Shirley Temple style wig. :p

This next group of drabbles is set on Tatooine with my new OC, Meb in the first two.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Week 14

Love

My true love?s hair
    Is golden spun silk
    Flowing in the wind.
    The light in her eyes
    Outshine the twin suns;
    They burn into my
    Soul and left their mark
    Upon my heart.

Beauty and grace
    Bow down to my love.
    Her ever tender
    Smile is lovelier
    Than a dessert flower;
    More intoxicating
    Than a starshine surprise.

Imprisoned is my heart.
    Though it is her
    Father who bought my
    Life, it is she who owns
    The key to my being.
    He owns my body.
    She owns my soul.
    Though Asta may marry
    Another, to her
    I shall forever be
    Enslaved.

Credits

Credits Credits Credits! To do anything you must have credits. To eat, you must have credits. To drink you must have credits. To travel anywhere except by foot, you must have credits. You need credits to live. You need credits for a decent burial.

The politicians don?t run the galaxy, almighty credits do.

Credits Credits Credits! I have no credits. It is by my master?s mercy that I eat, drink, and live, so while he is generous, I have no need of credits.

What I wouldn?t do to have just enough credits to get Asta something nice on her lifeday!

Power

Sitting in a seat in the open, attached by thin cables to the two engines, I flip a switch and they come to life. Their mighty roar is deafening. The vibrations run swiftly and continuously through me as my podracer takes off. The wind in my face is hot and oh so exhilarating as I pass the others one by one. There is only one opponent who has ever beaten me, and he?s out now.

Side to side, up and down and even doing a spiraling loop de loop, the danger makes me feel alive.

That, my friend, is power!

Pleasure

The flowers she grows and places on the table,
    The occasional dessert after the evening meal,
    The cooling breezes that sweep by
    As we watch the suns set.
    These little things mean so much.

Her smile as she gazes at me,
    The twinkle in her eye,
    Her breath tickling my ear
    As she whispers, she loves me.

The way she snuggles against me
    Under the covers at night,
    Her warmth next to me,
    Hearing her breathe.

What that means the most
    Is how Beru puts up with me.

Pain

Pain:

That is what Tatooine represents.

Slavery, harsh climate, inhospitable natives? not to mention the ubiquitous sand? who would want to live here? It is haunted by past memories I wish I could vanquish.

The only thing this planet would be good for is a penal colony! Ship all the undesirables here, and just leave them with no transport out. Of course, you would have to destroy the spaceports. However, that?s what star destroyers are for, right?

Yes, I shall bring that up to my master next time I see him. The emperor has been looking to reclassify some systems.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved those poems and those two with Meb

10. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Great Caesar?s Ghost! How have I kept missing your stuff?

You?ll have to add me to the PM list, alrighty?

Now:

Trial ? Hilarious! I loved it. That?s perfect Lando! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Test ? Fodinsbeed! Now there?s a fellow we don?t see too often! Poor Anakin. He?s a person!!! :mad:

Fail was sweet.

Pass ? Yoda! You sneaky little? :p

Naughty ? ?I do believe it is time for the two of you to go on your honeymoon.? Indeed! This was very sweet too. I liked it. :)

Nice ? Awwwwwwww. Now THAT is sweet. :)

Love ? That was an inspired poem, Alexis. Superb!

Power ? I loved this one. The exhilaration of a padracer knowing that victory was at hand ? relishing the risk of racing! :cool:

Pleasure ? Another great poem. I particularly liked the last lines:
    What that means the most
    Is how Beru puts up with me.

Pain ? Poor Vader, still feeling all the pain Tatooine has brought him. :(

Keep up the great work!

11. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Love was just phenomenal but I think my favorite was pain.

How very realistic of what life must be like for so many of it's citizens.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

12. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Okay, I'm not going to tag or PM anyone unless you ask, because I know this thread had been locked for almost three years. I'm finally getting around to completing this. LOL

Week 15 (1.14.08)

71. Melody

These are troubled times indeed, the man reflected with an air of serenity. He knew the time was ripe as he listened to the sweet melodic song of the dying Republic. All had happened as he'd foreseen, and now he was Emperor Palpatine.

Drinking in the roaring applause, he took note of those who remained silent. No matter, he laughed silently in his dark mind, they will remain silent or die. He glanced at one in particular. Except for you, my sweet. You are too valuable a tool to go just yet. The child you carry saves you... for now.

72. Instrument

Darth Sidious considered himself both composer and musician. The Republic’s fall and the rise of his Empire was his masterpiece, and everyone around him were instruments he played. When they failed to stay tuned, he disposed of them.

Gazing at one of his instruments, a deliciously dark thought occurred to him. Even when my apprentice’s child is born, I can use you. You shall be a hostage against his good behavior. If he dares to attempt overthrowing me, which in time I know he will, his love for you will keep him in check.

He squelched the urge to laugh.

73. Rhythm

Darth Vader clenched his fists as he listened to his rhythmic breathing. The gesture was the outward show of his attempt to silence the part of himself that was Anakin Skywalker. Hero with no fear,what a joke!Your fear is what made you lose her. She led that Jedi popinjay to betray you! The child she carried may even have been his, you fool!

The anger that rose up within him caused the flame of Anakin to grow so dim, it could no longer be distinguish from the many shadows in his soul.

Yet, the spark was still there.

74. Sound

Obi-Wan woke to the sound of an infant crying. He sat up and placed a hand on little Luke, making what he hoped would be comforting noises.

“Can’t you keep that brat quiet,” someone mumbled irritably from another cot.

Many of the overcrowded refugee camp’s inhabitants were on edge.

“I’m sorry.”

A woman across from him rose, rubbing her eyes before looking at the squalling infant.

He explained, “I fed him, changed him, I don’t know what’s wrong.”

“Well, hold him!” She chuckled.

Obi-Wan picked up Luke who quieted.

The woman added encouragingly, “You’re a new daddy. You’ll learn, sweetie.”

75. Symphony

Master Kenobi was on his belly as he poked his head over the edge of the wall, gazing upon the Lars’ courtyard. A symphony of laughter rose as young Luke was wobbling off-balance on one leg as the toddler ran after his cousin who was two years older and thus more agile. Beru’s sister had brought her son with her so they could play as the adults spoke.

The Jedi smiled as he backed away. Satisfied the youngling had not come to any harm, and in fact thrived, while he’d been away from Tatooine, he went back to his hovel.

13. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Three of these star two OC's I made up in these earlier drabbles, and haven't written them into any other stories as yet.

Week 16 (1.21.08)

76. Lightsaber

This is it, Anakin thought as he thumbed the button on the hilt. He felt a slight vibration and heard a loud hiss settle into a steady thrum.

Something was wrong!

Where there should be a shaft of light... nothing. He waved his lightsaber around. An oscillating sound accompanied his movements. He thumbed the switch to the off position, and the humming stopped. Flipping it again, the sound resumed. Looking carefully, he could distinguish a rippling in the air that was seen when it became superheated. His eyes widened in comprehension.

His blade was invisible.

“Wizard,” he whispered in awe.

77. Blaster

“Blaster bolts,” Jaina swore after she heard a muffled explosion and lost communication with her droid. Looking back, she saw a thick column of smoke outside her cockpit, and her lips thinned in determination even as the fighter pitched and yawed dangerously.

She remained calm as she fought for control.

Now, this is going to be fun, she thought as the nose of the fighter pointed towards the thick vegetation of the uninhabited planet.

A red light suddenly commanded her attention.

“Ah friggin’ hell!”

Moments later, she was watching her fighter plunge into the forest as she opened her parachute.

78. Vibroblade

Fourteen-year-old Garen stared at the vibroblade in his hand as blood dripped onto the pavement next to the prone form of the other boy. He’d meant to scare the bully who had beaten him up too many times to count in the past, not kill him.

Panic seized him when he heard sirens approach. He dropped the weapon then ran down the street, tears blinding his vision.

He turned a corner and leaned against a wall.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” He chanted breathlessly to his heartbeat’s rhythm.

Hope sprang up when he heard someone say, “He’s still alive!”

79. Bowcaster

“Garen, is that you?”

The man stopped and turned to see who was speaking. It was a buxom blonde who ran up to him. Frowning, Garen searched his memory as he answered, “Yes, it’s me.”

He was nonplussed when she wrapped him in a big hug. “It’s been what... six years?”

Then he realized, “Tama?” He hadn’t seen her since that horrible night he’d stood up to her brother. Further confused, he thought, she should hate me. He pulled away and felt like he got hit by a Wookiee’s bowcaster in his chest as he looked into her smiling eyes.

80. Thermal Detonator

As the caf kicked in, Garen smiled across the table at Tama, feeling like the luckiest man alive. He felt in his pocket to make sure the small item was there. Reassured, he took another sip of the dark liquid.

“Garen,” she said in a small, hesitant voice, “I have to tell you something.”

He reached a hand across the table to grasp her small fingers in concern. “What is it?”

“I... I’m pregnant,” she stammered uncharacteristically.

His mouth dropped open as he felt like a thermal detonator had just exploded between them, and stared at her in mute surprise.

14. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Bald is totally AU, which has nothing to do with any of my other AU's. Red might be part of the later story of "The Bond"... maybe. ;)

Week 17 (1.28.08)

81. Black

Jaina sat on the ground, hardly noticing that moisture was seeping through her pants. No one could comfort her. People said that she brought the galaxy back to light.

She saw no light. She felt no grief, nor any other emotion. A part of her was gone forever, and she was the one that had brought it about.

Suddenly, she was startled when she felt something crawl upon her legs. Looking down, she saw a furry black animal curled up in her lap as though it were a nest. Then she saw Jacen’s lopsided grin... felt his presence.

She wept.

82. Blond

Strands of blond hair hung in the young man's eyes, obscuring his eyes from view, gave her the urge to run her fingers through those sand-colored locks, but that slight grin made her heart boil.

"I'm warning you, Flyboy, back off!"

"Mara," his quiet tone and the silent nudge to calm down she sensed through the Force infuriated her all the more.

"Get out of my head, Skywalker!" She yelled as she hauled off and slugged him in the nose. Her knuckles pulsed with pain even as she was surprised she made contact. She swore, “Why didn’t you block, idiot?”

83. Red

He sat holding his nose.

Standing with fists on her hips, she darted vibroblades at him with her eyes as he pulled his bloody hand away. Part of her wanted to kneel beside him... apologize... try to help him. Instead she turned and stalked away from him, flipping her red hair over one shoulder.

Then she heard what she thought were sobs. She stopped and looked around disbelievingly. When she saw he was laughing, she darted for him, meaning to finish the job. “Damn you, farmboy!”

She wound up rolling in the grass with him and laughing.

Then they kissed.

84. Brown

Master Dooku was startled out of his slumber by a high-pitched yipe. Instantly alert, he sat up and discovered a small creature in his bed. “Qui-Gon,” he bellowed.

When the padawan came to the doorway, clad only in his undershorts, Dooku held out the varment. “What is this doing here?”

The boy winced as he cradled the animal in his hands, gently scratching under its chin. “Bothering you, apparently.” The lad’s big brown eyes met the elder’s in a doleful gaze.

“Qui-Gon,” Dooku sighed, “you can’t rescue every stray. He goes back into the forest in the morning.”

“Yes, sir.”

85. Bald

Padme looked across the lake country with tears in her eyes. There had been tall grasses, trees and wildflower which sheltered wildlife. The war took so many lives. The Jedi... clones... civilians... souls snuffed out for... what? More money... more power... and for whose benefit?

Now she cried for the zeer and other beasts that would grow hungry. She cried for the hills now gone bald because of the fires the Separatists set all over Naboo.

And most of all, she cried because she was being held prisoner in her own home. Locked away while her husband ruled his empire.

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved them all and Brown had me smiling

16. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan I knew it would :) There aren't enough stories with young Qui-Gon.

Week 18 (2.3.08)

86. Coruscant

Within two minutes of arriving in Coruscant’s lower levels, Luke witnessed a pickpocket lifting the purse of an unsuspecting passerby, two brawlers getting thrown out of a seedy-looking tavern, a mugging, and several ‘ladies’ of the night tried to offer their services to him.

He recalled the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi saying, “Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.”

“Really, Ben? Surely you’ve been here at some point in your life.” The young knight shook his head. Perhaps the old man’s certain point of view had been tainted by senility after all.

87. Corellia

Luke chuckled to himself. The thought he just had sounded like a certain Corellian. I’ve been hanging out too much with Han. He sobered then, and concentrated on why he came down here in the first place. There had been rumors that one or more Jedi who had escaped the purge took refuge down in the lower levels, laying low and hiding from the Emperor and his father.

Though most would say there was no way anyone, even a Jedi could survive the intense hunt, Luke learned from Yoda to never underestimate the Force. He had to follow his instincts.

88. Kashyyyk

Attichitcuk gave a mournful howl, and Yoda shook his head. “Separated by space, the hearts of friends are not. Go, I must, but our friendship shall abide.”

The old Wookiee placed his hand gently on the Jedi Master’s shoulder. <<Truer words have never been spoken. May the Force be with you.>>

“And with you, my friend. Back here I will come, one day, and your young son will stand as tall as you.” Yoda chuckled lightly when Attichitcuk drew him into an almost bone-crunching embrace. “Unless you send me to be one with the Force before I leave, that is.”

89. Korriban

The young man sat quietly at the table in the corner furthest from The Drunk Side’s entrance. He’d nursed his drink for over an hour, careful not to get drunk or call attention to himself. He needed to keep a clear head to accomplish his goal... to find out who supplied the pirates who had kidnapped his mother and two sisters.

Though he had already gotten revenge on the pirates, and they were now lifeless husks floating through the void, his thirst for revenge was not assuaged. He would take out every business that helped the slavers, or die trying.

90. Tatooine

“Can we go home, now?”

“This is home, son.” Cliegg smiled gently as he brushed tufts dark brown hair from the lad’s forehead. “Tatooine is where I grew up. It may not be what you’re used to, but it will make a man out of you.”

“I don’t want to be a man, I want mommy.”

Cliegg sighed, “She’s dead, son. She can no longer hold you in her arms.” When he saw tears forming in Owen’s eyes, he gathered the boy up in his own arms. “Her spirit is watching over you though, and I will never leave you.”

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice set ending with a very touching Tatooine

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan Thank you. There isn't enough stories with young Owen with his father, in my opinion. :D

Week 19 (2.10.08)

91. Heat

The slave couldn’t look in the eyes of her Master as the elderly woman came into the room. Shame and embarrassment made her cheeks flush hot, even though she knew she had done nothing wrong. Though Pi-Lippa had been the kindest owner she’d known, she was afraid even she would be angered by this.

Shmi was pregnant. “I-I’m sorry,” she sobbed.

She was surprised when the woman embraced her. “Don’t cry, child. It’ll be okay.”

“I don’t know how this happened.”

“Hush, never mind that. I have to hurry and free you so your baby won’t be born a slave.”

92. Cold

Shmi knocked on her master’s bedroom door as she balanced a tray full of food in one hand. Since the elderly woman had been ill, she was serving her breakfast in bed. There was no answer.

“Master Pi-Lippa?”

Still, no answer.

Swallowing nervously, she opened the door. Pi-Lippa’s still form was lying in bed, her wrinkled face pale, mouth wide open.

“Master Pi,” she said again in alarm as she set the tray on the dresser and hurried to her master’s bed. She took woman’s hand, startled at how cold it was. “No,” she moaned.

Then she began to weep.

93. Rain

The slaves, waited outside in the rain until they were taken individually into the auction tent. Shmi shivered in the cold between a voluptuous, skimpily dressed Twi’lek woman and a 2.5- meter-tall Whiphid as she heard auctioneer rattle off numbers so rapidly she could barely make out the words.

This was the fourth time she’d been to one of these. The first time, she was child, barely five years of age. She’d taken a blow to her head when she’d been captured, and could barely remember her name. She was so frightened back then. Now, she was just resigned.

94. Sunshine

Cliegg chuckled as he heard her laugh. He was certain the joke he’d told wasn’t so funny. Then she kissed his cheek, and he felt like the sun had shone down and burnt her mark upon his flesh... he was branded for life. “Shmi, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?”

The moisture farmer held his breath. He’d been planning on asking over a romantic dinner. He panicked as he thought, I don’t even have the blasted ring with me!

Then her arms were around his neck and to his relief, she whispered in his ear, “Yes!”

95. Clouds

The large moisture farmer hadn’t noticed the clouds forming as he passionately kissed his love. He didn’t notice until several drops of rain splattered down upon their heads. As one, they looked up at the sky in astonishment. Then they both began to laugh. Cliegg and Shmi started an impromptu dance, twirling around the courtyard, still laughing and giggling.

Lightning struck a nearby tower, and Shmi gasped, startled by the loud cracking thunder that roared a moment later. Then she laughed as he lifted her in his strong arms and quickly carried her over the threshold into his living room.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely mments in the life of Shmi.
    Pi-Lippa is interesting

20. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you, earlybird-obi-wan.

Now, for the finale:

Week 20 (2.17.08)

Hope

Luke knelt beside the two burnt husks that remained of his Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. In his minds eye he could still see the gentle love in the latter’s eyes. He wished he could tell his aunt how much he loved her. I loved you too, uncle. I hope you can forgive me.

Then he saw a vision of them burning alive, reaching for each other, and he wept bitter, guilty tears. “I should have been here!”

His throat was dry and sore by the time he finished crying. He ran to his landspeeder, rushing to where lay his...

Destiny

“There’s no mystic energy field that controls my destiny,” Han insisted before shoving a forkful of mashed tubers into his mouth.

“Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist,” Luke reasoned.

The Corellian pilot washed his food down with a sip of ale, mindful that the whole Skywalker clan was watching him. “Look, I respect you, but, I’ve seen too many people blame their sorry state on ‘destiny’ instead of taking the blame for their own foolish acts.” Pointing to his chest, he proclaimed, “I make my own destiny, good or bad, with the decisions I make.”

Fate

“You’re getting destiny confused with fate.”

“Trust a politician to twist words.”

“Watch how you talk about my wife,” Anakin bristled.

“No, it’s alright. Destiny is your potential to do something because of your innate skills. You may be fated to succeed or fail because of your choices.”

“Perhaps, but nothing controls me but me.”

Anakin narrowed his eyes as the Corellian lifted his mug, making a surreptitious motion with his fingers. The drink spilled in Han’s lap and as he grabbed a napkin to sop up the liquid, Anakin smirked. “Looks like you need more control.”

Leia gasped, “FATHER!”

Legacy

Leia smiled at their elderly guest. “You should visit more often. You know we consider you a part of our family.”

“The sentiment is mutual,” Obi-wan replied, “on both counts.” Suddenly a small, feathered creature hopped onto his plate and pecked at the rice. “What have we here?”

“Sorry!” Jacen quickly scurried from his chair and gently picked up the tiny bird who appeared to have a broken wing. His big brown eyes held concern for the creature and guilt for bringing it to the table.

Obi-wan chuckled as he considered the lad. “It’s Qui-Gon come back from the nexus.”

Future

In a vast galaxy far far away, and a long time ago,
    there lived dear characters which in our hearts held sway.
    Their heads filled with dreams much like ours,
    visions of the future they thought may come true.
    Does one think, perchance they dreamt of me and you?

In this vast galaxy, far far away and a long time ago,
    good fought against evil, light warred against dark.
    The balance tipped one way, then back again
    like a universal teeter totter in a visionary’s brain
    where we dabbled in drabbles and epic play.

Now, dear readers, 'tis...

THE END!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Beautiful especially the ending^:)^
    A great set