main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~~Paternal Instinct~~ 20 ABY, L/M, some H/L/Solo kids, OCs *DONE! EPILOGUE 12/14*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ridley Solo, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Oh, that really sucks! Poor Luke and Ami! :(

Can you put me on your PM list please. Thanks! Oh, yeah, I just wanted to let you know we can edit the title now to post new updates.

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_nail_biting] =D= =D= I was so thrilled with Fereen's news and then ouch! Ami's been taken! :eek: Poor thing's been through enough drama and trauma. Eagerly awaiting more!

3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    No, no, no, no!

I suspected that it was going to happen but still.

4. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Tagging seems to work! Aww, so sad. Luke's gonna show that it's a bad idea to piss off a jedi...

Off topic, why isn't jedi in the site's dictionary? It's being marked as misspelled. Jedi is correct, but not the small case.

5. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    You have been playing with my emotions this entire chapter! First I'm suspicious of Mina, though also happy that she's looking out for Ami, then I'm bouncing off the walls because Ami's adoption is almost complete, and then I'm laughing at Luke for his reaction, and then I'm horrified, sad and worried because Ami's been kidnapped! In short, this has been my facial expressions, in order: [face_worried]:)[face_dancing][face_laugh]:Do_O:eek:=(([face_nail_biting]

Next chapter please![face_praying]

6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    :eek: [face_nail_biting]Oh, NO! I bet Mina had something to do with it.

Excellent chapter, Jaina! =D=

I REALLY can't wait for more.

7. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
  8. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Jedi_Lover: Don't worry, I'll put you on the tag-list. You'll get a notification about it. :cool:
    Jade_eyes: I'm working on it... :)
    Lady-Misty: Yeah, there was kind of a build up to this point...
    CurtisZidaneZiraa: You bet. There's gonna be a butt-whipping coming up in the next few chapters...;) OT: Jedi must be a proper noun...[face_dunno]
    Book-Geek: My evil plan is working, mu-wa-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa! [face_devil] I can't tell you how it ends, but I will say that things will get worse before they get better. :(
    Hazel: Patience...
    Jedi_Liz: Holy cow, I've got four people biting their nails...:eek: don't forget to spit out the peices. :p

Sorry this is taking so long to finish, but while I've written a plot layout for the story, it's kind of hard knowing which way to go first. Hold on just a bit longer and I should have another update...

9. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Jedi_Lover Jade_eyes Lady_Misty CurtisZidaneZiraa Book-Geek Hazel Jedi_Liz

~25~

Fear. It permeated the very air, so thick it was almost a stench.
    Crouched in the back left-hand corner of a long-defunct warehouse at the farthest outskirts in the Southern Hemisphere of Mynce, a small girl with big blue eyes, mussed blonde hair, and tear streaked cheeks watched a noisy, cocky bunch of teenagers celebrate their latest victory. She had never seen them before, nor did she know why they had stolen her away in the dead of night. All that little Ami J’Caan knew was how afraid she was and how much she wanted to see Luke.

Ami had been lying in bed, dreaming of a better life away from her rusty, neglected homeworld when she was awakened by a loud crash. When she sat up a pair of arms came out of the darkness and grabbed her. Instinctively her hand curled around Tarfful and held on for dear life.

Three teenagers, all boys, had gotten into the second-floor window in the orphanage. The other orphans- most of them toddlers- woke up and huddled in the corner, crying. The doorway into the hall was barricaded with storage bins and dressers. Ami tried screaming, but a large hand covered her mouth and a cruel voice rumbled in her ear that she had better be quiet. This frightened Ami into silence for a few minutes until she saw her friend Mina being led away, her forearm in the vise-grip of a tall, lanky boy.

“Mina! Mina, Help! Hel-“ Ami’s cry ended in a strangled yelp as her mouth was again covered and her bad arm twisted behind her back.

“Shut up,” hissed the cruel voice. “You don’t zip that mouth of yours, I’ll break your arm.”

Ami winced, but nodded. She gasped in alarm as the boy who had grabbed her slung her over his shoulder like a sack of root vegetables and headed for the broken window. A rope was hanging over the side. Ami’s head spun as the boy mounted the rope and rappelled down the building. Once at the bottom she almost thought she would be sick, but the contents of her stomach somehow remained in place. Ami craned her neck to look up and saw Mina coming off the rope, followed by the lanky boy. He gave a tug and pulled the rope down, coiling it.
    Three speeder bikes sat ready and waiting. Ami was taken off of her captor’s shoulders and sat down on the seat of one of them in front of the teenage boy.

A muffled voice from the second floor shouted, and the door rattled. The boy turned to his accomplices. “Hurry up!” he hissed.

The lanky boy motioned for Mina to climb onto the speeder behind him and nodded at the other boy. “C’mon. Let’s get outta here.”

The three speeder bikes were started just as a crash sounded from above, signaling that the barricade had fallen. They raced off into the night.

That had been hours ago. Ami didn’t know exactly how long it had been and couldn’t tell where they were in the dark, but the initial three were soon joined by three others. Ami had alternated between crying quietly and watching them as they congratulated each other.

Two of the boys that had done the kidnapping looked exactly alike in more ways than one. Not only were they physically identical, they were also mean and didn’t seem to care about what happened once they had showed Ami to the leader.

The leader of the group seemed to Ami to be 100 feet tall with big muscles, dark hair, and a cold look in his eyes. He was followed around by a girl several years older than Mina. She had a horrible, shrieking laugh and long, scary fingernails. The tall boy didn’t seem especially cruel one way or the other, but laughed and joked right along with the others. The youngest boy sat off by himself, sniffing some kind of rolled up tube that was stuck up his nose. When he was finished, his eyes seemed to glaze over and he slumped against the wall, sighing as if in relief.

Mina was nowhere in sight.

Ami had the hiccups from her sobbing and looked up as the celebration abruptly stopped, hiding Tarfful behind her back as the group approached.

The big one with messy black hair had a look of satisfaction and greed on his hard features. “I can’t believe it,” he said. “I can’t believe you maggots actually pulled this off.”

The cruel-faced twins and the tall, lanky boy gave each other light shoves, each trying to take more credit than the other.

The big mean one broke it up. “Ah, come on. Admit it. You never woulda gotten into the place at all if Ferret hadn’t been there. Hey, Ferret!” he called over his shoulder.

Ami curled up more, wondering who ‘Ferret’ was. Shock overtook her when Mina rounded the corner, wearing a very unhappy expression.

“C’mere, Ferret. Take a look at what you got us.” He motioned to Ami. “This kid’s as good as a handful of Corusca gems. Money in the bank.”

Mina- or was it Ferret?- didn’t smile back. She barely glanced at Ami before returning her gaze to the floor.

“C’mon, Ferret! You earned your keep! You might even be good enough to keep around.” The big one laughed. “That deserves a bonus.” He held out half a loaf of bread, still sitting in the wrapper. “Extra rations.”

Ferret’s stomach growled audibly, but she shook her head. “Don’t want it. Not hungry.”

The big one shrugged and tossed the bread back onto the shelf with the other rations. “Fine. What do I care if you don’t wanna get paid.” And with that, he turned back to the others to keep drinking whatever was in those dirty bottles they were all holding.

All the while, Ami had been listening to the exchange, looking from the big mean one to the girl she had known as Mina. The puzzle pieces slowly came together. Mina was Ferret. She was with the Bad Guys. Ami thought that she had found a friend. But all the while, Mina was only pretending. She wasn’t Ami’s friend at all.

Sadness and anger replaced fear on Ami’s face. Her lower lip trembled as she turned to Mina, as if to ask why.

Mina turned her face to the wall.

Ami’s eyes watered. She was stuck with a bunch of mean teenagers and had been betrayed by her only friend. Worst of all, being away from the orphanage meant she couldn’t be adopted. It was against the rules, Luke had said.

I’m never gonna see Mister Luke again…Ami grabbed Tarfful and buried her face in the soft fur, crying softly. Out of the corner of her eye she saw Mina/Ferret turn around and storm out of the room.

Neither Ami nor the celebrating gangsters saw Mina leaning against the opposite wall, trying desperately not to cry herself.

Luke’s unease was painfully obvious after he landed in the Southern Hemisphere. He ran down the ramp, signed into the roster for the spaceport, and then headed down the street at a brisk walk. Artoo followed him with a worried squeal. Bystanders saw only that he was a Jedi who looked angry and skirted him at a great distance.

The orphanage was a veritable storm of hurried activity. Four New Republic Security speeders were clustered in front of the building and there were officers everywhere, searching the grounds, speaking to orphanage staff, even interviewing the children.

Luke supposed he should have been relieved that the NRSF was taking things seriously, but seeing them only made his stomach twist harder. Where’s Ami? His mind cried out. As he walked he mentally scoured the area, looking for any sign of Ami’s Force signature.

There was none. The Jedi Master increased his pace to a jog.

Excusing herself from a discussion with a security officer, Cyana immediately recognized Luke and ran toward him. “Master Skywalker!”

Luke in turn ran up to the director of the orphanage. “Is there any news?” he asked breathlessly.

Cyana sadly shook her head. “No. The kidnappers left absolutely no trace and no leads of where they were going.”

Luke nodded and matched stride with Cyana. The two walked back toward the orphanage. “Did you see them? Does anyone know who they were?”

“They were seen, but only by the children in the nursery. It scared them to death. As far as descriptions go, we may as well be looking for monsters or bogeymen, but we do know there were at least three of them.” Cyana waved over a New Republic Security officer, who nodded and strode over to the pair.

“Ah, yes. Master Skywalker.” The peacekeeper offered his hand in greeting. “I’d like to extend our apologies about this unfortunate turn of events, and let you know that we have been doing everything in our power to find the little girl.”

“Thank you. Have you found anything?” Luke wanted to know.

The officer grimaced. “Not much, I’m afraid. It seems the kidnappers were able to break into the second-story window last night, barricade the door with loose furniture, abduct the girl, and escape through that same window. Several witnesses, including the orphanage staff, saw two or three swoop bikes headed toward the Southwest at extreme speed. We’ve already searched every building within a five-kilometer radius…” he sighed. “Nothing so far. I have a group due to report back soon.”

Luke had to force himself to take another deep breath to calm his jangled nerves. He wanted to look with the group, but in his heart he already knew that Ami was very, very far away…perhaps even on the other side of the planet. She was certainly too far away to sense, at least at the moment.

The officer raised his eyebrows. “In the meantime, Master Skywalker, we’d like to ask you a few questions.”

Luke resisted the coming frown. Estranged parents or guardians were often the first people to be looked at as suspects, and it was only natural they suspect him. The Jedi nodded. “Of course..anything that will help.”

The officer motioned toward the building. Already several local reporters had arrived and were hovering like scavenging birds, looking for fresh meat for their network. The New Republic shooed them away, but knew with such a high-profile case they couldn’t be kept away forever. Sooner or later word would get out that the girl who would have been Luke’s daughter was missing.

10. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    GAH! Double post.

11. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Whoops! Triple post!

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh poor thing! :( And how frustrating! Instead of asking Luke questions they need to look for more clues -- what little there may be [face_sigh] ... If he'd kidnapped her because the adoption was taking too long, 1) that would totally nix his chances and 2) he wouldn't still be there. :p :duh:

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Oh, poor Ami! :(

I hope Luke finds her quickly, for both their sakes.

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nothings is easy for Luke. I hope the cops' line of questioning is, "Do you have any enemies that would want to kidnap your soon-to-be adopted child" and not "Where were you at the time of the kidnapping."

Hopefully we will have a happy ending to this story. If you were a profic writer I would be very worried about now.
    Nice update!

15. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    This is going to be painful for a lot of people.

Those poor children; to be woken in the middle of the night by a crash then be trapped in the room. :_| Then for Ami to be all alone . . . :_(

They'd be stupid not to question Luke about his whereabouts.

16. CurtisZidaneZiraa

CurtisZidaneZiraa Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 18, 2010
    Must be. Butt-kicking time! Warning to idiot punks - never piss off incredibly powerful force users. Case in point: Anakin Skywalker. Wonderful guy - until you pissed him off by kidnapping and/or killing people he loves. Which wound up driving him off the deep end. Come meet his son and see what happens when you pull the same stunt.

17. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    No!!!!! AMI!!!!! *runs around like a chicken with it's head cut off, freaking out* Find her, Luke, find her soon![face_praying][face_nail_biting]

JainaSoloYJK and Jade_eyes like this.
  18. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    Jade_Eyes: It's their job to ask questions.
    Hazel: That, you will have to wait for. Sorry.:(
    Lady_Misty: :(
    CurtisZidaneZiraa: Don't worry, butts will be kicked....just not right away.
    Book-Geek: Calm down...another chapter is coming...but I dont think you'll like this one much better.

19. Ridley Solo

Aug 27, 2010
    A/N: Warning! The worst is yet to come....Ah, dang. It won't let me format again....
    Jedi_Lover Hazel Book-Geek CurtisZidaneZiraa Lady_Misty Jedi_Liz

~26~

Ami’s first full day with the rowdy teenagers was like something out of a bad dream. No one was officially ‘in charge’ of Ami, but she quickly learned there were certain ‘rules’ in a place like this. Those rules were brutally enforced.

The first ‘rule’ at the hideout was that she had her own area to stay in and she was not to leave that area unless bidden to do so by one of the others. Ami’s ‘turf’ was the back corner behind a line of two empty cargo containers on the bottom level. She had nothing but a ragged blanket to sleep on while the others usually had crude cots. The big mean one and his girlfriend slept on the top level in their own room. Ami had heard the others say he had a real bed. ‘Speed’, who seemed to be friends with the mean one, slept outside his door. The others slept on the first floor.

There was a maze of crates of varying sizes on the bottom level. They were stacked ceiling-high only a few feet from the door, creating a kind of wall. Anyone who took a casual peek in the door would only see the crates and nothing else. The rest of the crates and containers were stacked into varying pieces of furniture. Small ones were used as seats, while big, flat ones were used as tables. Ami’s ‘wall’ was high enough that she couldn’t see over the top, but low enough so the others could see her. The one time she had ventured out of ‘her’ area, one of the look-alike boys grabbed her roughly by the arm, dragged her back, and shoved her to the floor, warning her to stay put unless someone called for her.

The second rule was not to make any noise. This rule made the least amount of sense to Ami since the others were always so loud and obnoxious. It seemed to be based on what kind of mood the leader was in. If he was mad, he’d yell at the others to be quiet. He wouldn’t even let Ami cry. If he was feeling extra mean, however, he seemed to like it when Ami cried. It made him and the others laugh their heads off. Ami had made up her mind not to cry except at night when everyone else was asleep.

The third rule was not to ask for anything. This included when she was hungry, thirsty, or needed the ‘Fresher. She got food only once a day, and it was nasty…it tasted like old bread and meat that was just a day away from going bad. Water was easy enough to come by, but she wasn’t even allowed to have a cup to drink out of. She had to drink out of a bowl of cloudy water that she would be given once or twice a day. It was more food and better food than she had had while living on the street, but not much.

As far as the call of Nature, that was something else. There was one working refresher unit in the whole building, and that was right next to the mean one’s room. Initially she was too frightened to say anything about it and had an accident, but when the teenagers subsequently yelled at her for it, she figured out how to get their attention so she could use the refresher unit. She had only a minute or two and then someone would be shooing her back out and dragging her back to ‘her’ spot.

The final rule was the most important. She was to never, ever call for help or try to escape. That, the Mean One told her, was ‘bad’. Very, very bad. “You don’t even want to know what’ll happen if you try it,” said Speed ominously. Ami believed him.

Mina had made herself scarce. She hardly spoke to the others and wouldn’t even look at Ami. Ami had already made up her mind that Mina was one of the ‘bad guys’ and wouldn’t try to talk to her, either.

It was late morning, and Ami was trying to keep herself from being scared by whispering her secrets to Tarfful. She still had him, and was determined to never let him go. She figured as long as she had Tarfful, everything would be all right.

Ami didn’t see one of the mean twins peering over the line of crates. He saw her playing with something. “Hey! Whaddya got?”

Quickly Ami hid Tarfful behind her back and scooted into the corner.

The Changeling narrowed his eyes. “Nice try, Shorty. I know you’ve got something. What is it? Huh? What is it?” He made a grab for it, but Ami held tight and wouldn’t budge.

His brother saw the commotion and moved over to see what was going on. “What’cha doin?”

The boy glanced at his brother, still trying to wrestle whatever-it-was away from the girl. “She took somethin’.”

Ami’s eyes widened in fear and she violently shook her head in protest. Did they think she had stolen something?

The pair of boys glared at the little girl. “Oh yeah? Why you hiding it? C’mon. Hand it over.” They walked into Ami’s little area, standing tall and looming over her.

Ami backed even farther into the corner. Normally she didn’t want to risk a fight with a pair of boys that were four times her size, but this was different. They weren’t about to take Tarfful away. Her eyes narrowed in feeble defiance and she shook her head again.

“That’s what you think. Get her!” Given that the Changelings were so much bigger and stronger than Ami, it was a simple matter for one of them to grab her around the waist and lift her up while the other pried her arms apart and snagged Tarfful. He frowned at the fuzzy toy. “What’s this?”

“Mine!” cried Ami, reaching for her friend. “Give him back!”

“Ah, it’s just a stupid toy,” said the other in disgust.

“Give him back!” Ami jumped and reached for Tarfful, but the boy pushed her away and lifted Tarfful out of her reach. “Pleathe! Gimme Tarfful!”

The Changeling holding Tarfful smirked and winked at his brother, who backed up several paces. “You want your widdle Tar-fwul, widdle girl?” he asked in a patronizing voice. He dangled the toy just out of reach.

Ami nodded, tears forming in her eyes. “Pleathe gimme Tarfful back.”

The teenager hefted the stuffed Wookiee in his hand. “So come and get it!” With that, he hurled it across the room to his brother, who laughed and caught it before throwing it back. They had decided to play keep-away.

“No, no!” Ami tried running back the forth at first, but the bigger boys were too fast. Several time she tried jumping for her toy, but it remained just out of her reach. Her reflexes grew slower as her whimpers became cries, then a full-blow wail. The two older boys kept laughing and brutally pelting each other with the stuffed creature. Poor Tarfful was swung around, tossed, thrown against crates, and had his arms and legs tied into knots.

Suddenly snatched out the air by Mina, the little toy Wookiee was safe again. The Changelings groaned in protest.

Mina frowned at the two boys. “You jerks. Can’t you pick on somebody your own size for once?” She lowered the toy to hand it back to Ami. At the last minute one of the Changelings snatched it back. “C’mon!”

The older boy sneered. “Hey, Ferret. You interrupted our fun,” he said, tossing the toy back to his brother.

The girl known at Ferret scowled. “Come on. She’s just a kid. Give it back.”

The Changeling swung Tarfful back and forth, pretending to think. “Hmm…no.” he threw it to the other boy.

“Give it back,” she said again. The boys laughed and ignored her. “You give it back to her right now or-“

“Or what, Ferret?” The older and taller boy raised up to his full height. He stared down at her with cold eyes, mirrored by his twin brother from the other side. “Or what?” he gave her a shove backwards. He smirked when Ferret hung back, staring at the floor. The boy reared back and got ready to throw the toy again. He whirled when it was suddenly no longer in his hands. Ferret had it. He scowled and made a dive for her.

Ami, meanwhile, saw the two bigger boys going after Mina and her sadness turned to anger. She ran up from behind and slammed against the Changeling’s back with her little fists. “Meanie! Big ugly meanie!” she cried in indignation.

The Changeling turned around and shoved Ami to the floor. “Stay outta this, shrimp!” he turned around to see a fist meeting his jaw. He reeled from the impact and looked up with wide eyes to see Ferret standing there with a clenched fist. The other Changeling was doubled over on the ground, grasping a particularly sensitive region of anatomy and groaning.

“Or that,” the young teenager panted. She picked up the dropped Tarfful.

“Hey! What’s goin’ on?” exclaimed Hawk, bursting out of his room with Venom. He watched the scene below. Twitch was passed out holding an empty spice packet. The Changelings were both wounded, one on the ground and one getting ready to pummel Ferret, who looked kind of roughed up and but was standing almost protectively close to Ami. The little girl immediately ran and hid when she saw Hawk. Speed was out on a food-stealing mission. “I try to get a nice nap and you crater-mouthed idiots are raising a racket like a hanger full a’ thrusters.”

One of the Changelings glared at Ferret. “It was Ferret. Me an’ him- “ here he motioned to his downed brother, ”-was just havin’ some fun, an’ she knocked us over an’ went all Mynock-shavit.”

Hawk marched down the stairs like some kind of judge, crossing his arms. He didn’t trust any of his cronies any further than he could throw them. All of them were likely to lie for personal gain. He wasn’t stupid. He could guess what had happened hearing Ami’s crying and whimpering. Ferret had kind of a soft spot for kids, so she had probably gone after the Changelings after they had done something to the girl. He nodded sarcastically. “Oh. I get it. Things were slow, so you decided to have some fun with the kid. You know, shove her around a little bit, that kind of thing.”

The twins were taken aback. “No! We were just playin’ catch with that little toy over there. Sure, I gave her a little shove but- OOF!” He had two seconds to wonder who had pushed him over before Hawk was in his face. “What you do to Ferret is up to you, but ‘till I say so, leave the kid alone. Got it?”

Venom raised her eyebrows and snickered. “Don’t tell me you care about what happens what that little maggot.”

Hawk got to his feet. “No. But we ain’t getting as much if she’s beat up. ‘Course if Skywalker don’t wanna pay our price…” he shrugged. “But ‘till then, nobody touches her. Got it?”

The Changelings nodded and slunk away to their portion of the warehouse.

Hawk turned to Ferret, who was trembling with both fear and anger. He snatched the toy away. “Get lost, Ferret. I hired you to swipe things, not babysit.” The tall teenager made his way over to Ami, who was still crying stormily. “Hey, shrimp! Hey!”

Ami looked up with a tearstained face.

“You want this back?” he asked with a cruel smile.

Ami sniffled and nodded, holding out her arms.

“Then shut up!” growled Hawk. He threw Tarfful at her and stalked away.

Ami held Tarfful close, doing her best to muffle her sobs. She didn’t hear Hawk warn the others not to take Tarfful away, nor did she hear his reasoning of it keeping her quiet. She rocked and whimpered for hours and would once again cry herself to sleep.

20. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Poor Ami! :_|Those twins are jerks! I hope Mina/Ferret finds a way to get both her and Ami out of that mess.

21. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, those kids need to be taugth a lesson. I hope Ami is rescued soon.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! Worse???? :eek: I hope Ami's various forms of recovery (physical and emotional) get a justifiable level of screen time -- I like watching/reading the process. [face_batting]

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    oh poor Ami....where is Luke?!?!?!??!?

24. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    How mean!! They need some good, hard swats on the rear ends!!

But poor Ami! :_(

Jade_eyes likes this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I think that deserves a bamboo caning!:mad:

Hopefully Luke will come and save the day.

Jade_eyes and Lady_Misty like this.