main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Path of a Jedi

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Master_Fay_Fan, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Master_Fay_Fan

Master_Fay_Fan Jedi Knight

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Survival 1

Obi-wan Kenobi turned to join Master Yoda in leaving the central security station when movement on one of monitors caught his attention, causing him to instead stop and study it. It showed not the expected image of the few remaining clones within the temple, but instead the inside of the air ducts above the mess room, specifically the one that fed into the kitchens, specifically there to catch younglings trying to sneak into the kitchens. And in the image was a familiar young Wookiee he remembered Anakin’s former padawan took on the Gathering.

“Master Yoda,” he called out, getting the ancient Jedi’s attention. “There is a survivor in the air ducts above the kitchen area that feeds the crèches,” he informed him as he turned to look down at the wise jedi master.

“Good, this is, Master Kenobi,” answered the small green jedi master after studying the monitor. “Go and retrieve young Gungi, we shall.”

Thirty minutes later, both quietly entered the kitchen. Stretching out his senses, he found the presence of the young Wookiee just as Master Yoda did likewise. As they came closer to the air duct, the screen popped out, revealing the young Wookiee jedi. After Gungi revealed himself, he jumped out of the air duct and ran to them, falling to his knees as he hugged Master Yoda and began crying.

“Safe with us, you now are, young one,” Yoda comforted him. “See any other survivors, did you,” Yoda asked a moment later.

“No, just clonetroopers,” the young Wookiee jedi replied back in Shyriiwook, the language of his people.

“It is good you stayed where you were, young one,” Obi-wan replied to Gungi as Yoda turned to him.

“Take him to Senator Organa, we will. Hide him until we deal with the Emperor and his apprentice, he will,” the small jedi master informed Obi-wan.

“Yes master,” he agreed. “Come Gungi. And best if you have your lightsaber at the ready should we come across any more clones,” he informed the young Wookiee jedi.

“Yes master,” Gungi barked back in Shyriiwook.

Slowly, all three made their way out of the Jedi Temple.

This comes from an idea I had while I watched an episode of Star Wars Clone Wars with my children today. Hope you enjoy.

2. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Survival 2

Gungi watched as Master Kenobi kneeled in front of him. He was leaving the Lars homestead this morning, leaving Gungi with the Lars family, who stood behind them a few meters away.

“Can’t I come with you, master,” Gungi moaned to him in Shyriiwook. “I want to train!”

“I’m afraid not, Gungi,” the Jedi Master spoke to him softly. “Owen and Beru are good people, Gungi. And they can take better care of you than I can at the moment,” he reminded the young Wookiee. Putting a hand on Gungi’s shoulder, the master continued. “And one of us has to stay here for young Luke and his family,” he reminded Gungi as he waved his other hand at them., causing Gungi to look back at them for a moment, then back at the elder Jedi.

He nodded to himself, sighing. “Will you still visit from time to time, master?”

“Of course, young one,” the elder Jedi squeezed Gungi’s shoulder. “I will swing by from time to time to check on both you and Luke,” he remarked a moment later. “May the Force be with you, young one,” he spoke solemnly to Gungi, then let go the young wookiee’s shoulder.

“You as well, master” Gungi answered back to him just as solemnly, causing Master Kenobi to nod at him before walking a few steps away to get closer to the packed hover bike, giving a small bow to the Lars family.

“Thank you once again for taking the younglings in, Owen. Beru,” he thanked the two of them again.

“We will take care of them, Kenobi,” Owen told the Jedi Master as Beru nodded as she held Luke in her arms.

“Then may the Force be with you,” Master Kenobi answered them, before getting on the nearby hover bike. As he left, Gungi gave a loud wail and cried as he watched the other Jedi leave.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and knew by the Force it was Owen. “We both know he’ll be back, Gungi. Now, what do you say in helping Beru and I learn Wookiee while you learn to help us with the farm,” the older human asked Gungi, causing him to turn towards him.

“Okay!” he barked at the male human as he turned to head back into the homestead as the morning son began to rise. He watched the female human carry the human baby nod and smile, as he felt Owen put an arm around his shoulders. As they got closer, she turned and led all four back into the homestead.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, how glad I am I wandered into the Saga side to check out what's new. This is interesting! Having another Force sensitive/user raied with Luke - cool idea! =D= I'll have this on watch.

4. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 1

Gungi walked out of the Lars homestead into the dry, hot air of Tatooine, trailing Luke and Owen. Nineteen years had passed since he had arrived here on the planet and had been put into the care of Owen and Beru Lars. Since then, he had trained under Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, eventually becoming a Jedi Knight in his own right after going to Alderaan and undergoing his trials while Master Yelnic It'kla oversaw them. Now, while he continued to stay with the Lars family, he trained Luke as a Jedi, albeit slowly, due in large part because of his uncle's influence.

As they moved closer to the Jawa crawler, a familiar blue and grey astromech droid caught his attention. It couldn’t be, he thought. Still he moved towards the droid to make sure.

“Artoo,” he half called, half asked in Shyriiwook.

While he couldn’t understand the beeps and whistles the small droid gave him, he knew without a shadow of a doubt it was the same droid that had accompanied him in the Gathering two decades earlier. “Owen,” he called out excitedly, waving his arms. “I recognize this droid!” he grumbled out loudly once he had the human male’s attention away from the golden protocol droid he was talking to.

“You do, Gungi,” Owen asked.

“Yes!” he barked back excitedly. “During the war,” he added.

“I see,” Owen answered after a moment, his face gone pale. Another moment passed before he recovered and turned to the Jawa he was negotiating with. “I’ll take the protocol droid and that astromech droid over there,” he told the Jawa, pointing to Artoo.

A moment later, he walked over to Owen and Luke, Artoo not far behind. “Luke, get the droids washed before supper,” Owen told the younger male human.

“But I was supposed to go into Anchorhead to get some power convertors,” Luke whined to his uncle.

“You can visit your friends another day Luke. Get the droids washed,” his uncle admonished him.

“Alright,” Luke answered him a moment later. “Come on you two,” Luke said to the droids, leading them to the garage.

“You still going to Ben’s tomorrow about what happened a few nights ago,” Owen asked Gungi as they watched them go, referring to the space battle both had watched and the dark presence Gungi said the two had sensed.

“Yes,” Gungi barked back.

“Take Luke and the droids with you,” Owen asked him, causing Gungi to cock his head in a confused manner. “A space battle, you and Luke feeling a dark presence, and now that R2 unit. Too much coincidence, if you ask me,” he supplied to the large Wookiee. “Besides he hasn’t seen Ben since his last lifeday and been wanting to for a while.”

“I’ll take them with me when I visit Kenobi,” he rumbled.

Owen nodded, as he and Gungi went to get some of their own chores done on the farm before suppertime.

Glad you like it Nyota.

Master_Fay_Fan

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] Wonderful tie-in together to ANH. =D= Yup, R2 is definitely memorable. ;)

6. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 2

“Help me Kenobi You are my only hope,” the woman’s message in Artoo ended as Gungi, Luke, and Ben all watched. They were in Ben’s hut out in the middle of nowhere.

“We need to reach Alderaan as soon as possible,” Ben remarked.

“Agreed,” Gungi agreed in Shyriiwook. Luke nodded, still in shock at seeing the complete message.

Then he remembered something the woman had said. “Ben, is this Obi-wan Kenobi a relative of yours,” he asked.

Gungi and Ben shared a look before Ben sighed. “That is a name I haven’t heard in a long, long time. A long time,” he remarked.

“You know him,” Luke half-asked, half-stated.

“Of course I know him,” the much older human male remarked. “He’s me,” he added with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes, raising a finger to his chest and slightly thumping on it to make his point, causing Gungi to shake his head at his old master’s antics.

“You’re the Negotiator!” Luke exclaimed, rising in shock.

“That was a long time ago,” the now revealed Obi-wan Kenobi reminded the younger human male. “Before the Dark Times. Before the rise of Vader and the Empire.” The last sentence darkened the atmosphere in the hut considerably.

“We need to get to Alderaan and see this message gets to the girl’s father, Bail Organa,” Obi-wan reminded to the other two a moment later.

“What about Owen and Beru,” Gungi rumbled.

“They knew this day would come when I would have to go my own way,” Luke remarked. “Just didn’t think it would come this soon,” he added as he touched the domed head of Artoo. “I just can’t leave them though. Not now, at least. They need my help with the farm.”

“We need your help Luke. She needs your help. I’m getting to old for this sort of thing,” Obi-wan pleaded, reminding Luke of his age.

“Gungi can help you more than I ever could, Ben,” Luke rebutted, waving his hand at the tall Wookiee Jedithat was sitting quietly nearby. “He’s a trained Jedi, after all. I’m just a farm boy that knows a few Force tricks,” he stated humbly. At Ben’s pleading eyes, Luke grimaced. “I can’t get involved,” he stressed. “I have work to do. It’s not that I like the empire. I hate it, but there’s nothing I can do about it right now.”

“That’s your uncle talking,” Obi-wan now rebutted Luke, folding his arms together as he did so.

A tense moment passed as Luke walked around the hut, contemplating what he could do for Gungi and Ben before at last sighing. “I can take you two as far as Anchorhead. There you should be able to get a transport to Alderaan,” he weakly stated.

“You must do what you believe is right, of course,” Ben supplied.

“Whatever you decide, I support you,” Gungi told the younger Jedi. “I would like to say goodbye to Owen and Beru if possible, master,” Gungi added to Obi-Wan. “I can’t leave them without saying goodbye.”

“Very well,” Ben accepted as much a moment later after thinking about it. “It will be good to see them once again before we leave.”

Later, as they were readying to leave, all three sensed something had happened to Owen and Beru and quickly jumped into Luke’s landspeeder along with the two droids and rushed back to the farm.

Glad you think so Nyota.

Master_Fay_Fan

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= You can feel Luke's wanting to help out, but he's pulled in another direction by his obligations and sense of responsibility. :D

8. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 3

Gungi and Luke leaped out of the landspeeder as they arrived at the farm, yet they could already see they were too late. The smoldering bodies of Owen and Beru were lying at the entrance of the burning farm.

As Luke looked on in shock and grief, Gungi let out a Force-backed, grief-filled wail before dropping to his knees, crying.

“There was nothing the two of you could have done,” Obi-wan comforted the two younger Jedi. “If either or both of you had stayed, you would have been killed and the droids would now be in the hands of the Empire.”

“I know!” Gungi angrily rumbled out in Shyriiwook before sighing. Soon, he began meditating to find his center within the Force, shortly followed by Luke.

Obi-wan nodded to himself and reached out with the Force to comfort the two younger Jedi as they meditated, all while keeping on the lookout for Imperial stormtroopers. He knew they would need to leave soon, but also knew it was dangerous for either to leave before calming down and so settled for allowing the two a brief time to meditate and go through their shared grief.

A short time later, Gungi came out of his meditation. “Thank you, master,” he whimpered to Obi-wan Kenobi. Though still grieving, the tall Wookiee Jedi was able to let go his anger through the Force as befitting a Jedi Knight, Obi-wan noted approvingly.

Moments thereafter, Luke came out of his own meditation. And unlike Gungi, Obi-wan noted the young man still had not fully let go his anger, though the meditation had helped calm him greatly. “Are you ready, Luke,” he asked concerned.

“Yeah, just going to take a few more meditations to get over this is all,” was Luke’s solemn, grief-filled answer.

“You sure,” asked Gungi in Shyriiwook concerned for the human male that had become his little brother in all but race.

“I’m sure,” was Luke’s answer. “I want to go to Alderaan with you two,” he added as soon as he and Gungi came to their feet. “The Empire’s tyranny needs to end.”

Gungi grasped his brother’s shoulder comfortingly. “I agree,” he barked his agreement before looking to Obi-wan, nodding to him.

He answered the tall wookiee’s nod with his own before walking back to the landspeeder, pausing to give both younger Jedi encouraging grasps on their shoulders for a moment. Soon, all three and the two droids were back in the cramped landspeeder heading towards Mos Eisley.

Master Fay Fan

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Hmm didn't miss that Luke's roiling emotions didn't settle and dissipate like Gungi's. :oops: [face_worried]

10. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 4

“Are all Imperial soldiers that easy to trick with the mind-trick,” Luke asked as they got out of the cramped landspeeder.

“The Force can have a strong influence on the week-minded,” Obi-wan reminded Luke with a grin at the edge of his mouth and a twinkle in his eyes. Gungi was chuckling softly to himself as Luke just shook his head, amazed they passed through the Imperial checkpoint like they did.

“You really think we’ll be able to find a pilot here that’ll take us to Alderaan,” Luke asked, nodding his head to the cantina across from them.

“Worked the first time,” Gungi snickered in Shyriiwook while giving a small shrug.

Artoo gave a small hesitant, disbelieving beep while Obi-wan cracked his first real smile since the deaths of Beru and Owen. “Last time you were here, you became involved in a bar fight with a Trandoshan. My advice, my furry friend, is to let me do the talking this time.” As Gungi rubbed his head sheepishly, Obi-wan turned to Luke. “Watch your step. This place can be a little rough,” he spoke to the wide-eyed young human Jedi with an impish smirk on his old, grizzled face.

“I’m ready for anything,” Luke replied, a touch arrogantly.

Gungi shook his head and gave another small chuckle as he followed them inside. As a Jedi, he knew he should call Luke on it and remind him for his pride. As a Wookiee and his brother in all but race, Gungi knew should something happen in the cantina, it would definitely be amusing. Since Master Kenobi didn’t warn Luke either, he figured the old master thought the same. That or trusted him to watch over Luke, he amended as they entered.

“Hey! We don’t serve their kind here!” the bartender yelled to them upon their entry while Master Kenobi quickly separated them towards the bar. Gungi just shook his head, amused at seeing Luke out of his element with dealing with the bartender.

“What,” Luke asked, confused.

“Your droids. We don’t want them here,” the man repeated.

“We don’t want any trouble here,” Luke spoke quietly to Threepio, the protocol droid a moment later after looking at Gungi for assistance, only for the Wookiee Jedi to throw up his hands in a leave-me-out-of-it gesture and chuckling at him.

“I heartily agree with you sir. We’ll wait outside,” the golden protocol droid replied. “Come along, Artoo. We’re leaving,” Threepio ordered to Artoo, who gave a few beeps as if he protested having to leave, yet followed the other droid out.

“What was that about, Gungi,” Luke asked, embarrassed at what had happened. “Couldn’t you have helped?”

“You said you were ready for anything,” he whimpered to him, chuckling. “Think of it as gaining valuable experience,” he added as he ruffled Luke’s hair for a second before heading to the bar, where Obi-wan was speaking with another Wookiee, this one obviously older than Gungi, before the Wookiee quickly left.

Luke took an open seat at the bar, while Gungi learned with his back against the bar, looking out across the cantina in case trouble came. A few moments after they arrived at the bar, trouble did arrive in the form of a particular troublesome duo who were harassing Luke.

He figured Luke had it in hand until he was roughly pushed out of his seat onto the floor. Gungi shook his head, but didn’t interfere, as Luke rolled on his back to his feet. The Aqualish of the duo swung a powerful at Luke, only for his little brother to duck and send a powerful kick to the Aqualish’s knee joint, sending the Aqualish screaming to the ground. At the same time, the Aqualish’s near-human partner pulled out a blaster, causing Gungi to finally enter the fight.

He used the Force to augment his strength and speed, quickly grabbing it and the near-human’s hand it was in with one powerful paw. Gungi swung with his other equally powerful one against the wrist of the hand holding the blaster, shattering the wrist-bone and ripping the blaster from the near-human in the process.

“Out!” he barked at them in Shyriiwook with a slightly powerful Force-backed yell, as he pushed the near-human to his partner. As he helped his Aqualish partner out of the cantina, Gungi gave the blaster to the barkeeper, who accepted it while shaking his head. “Sorry for the trouble,” Gungi murmured to him as he pulled Luke’s forearm, dragging him behind him as they followed Master Kenobi and the Wookiee from earlier, the former shaking his head and saying something about troublesome padawans while the other was howling in laughter.

Soon, they reached a secluded table, where a male human in a black vest awaited them. “I’m Han Solo. Captain of the Millennium Falcon. Chewie here tells me you’re looking for passage to Alderaan,” he commented as he eyed all three, especially Gungi, as Master Kenobi and Luke took a seat while Gungi leaned against a nearby post.

“Yes indeed, if it’s a fast ship,” Obi-wan inquired.

“Fast ship,” Han Solo replied indignantly. “You’ve never heard of the Millennium Falcon?”

“Should I have,” Obi-wan answered.

“It’s the ship that made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs,” the smuggler impressively told them. Gungi gave a soft laugh, as he knew Master Kenobi wouldn’t be impressed in the slightest. “I’ve outrun Imperial starships, not the local bulk-cruisers, mind you. I’m talking about the big Corellian ships now,” he continued. “She’s fast enough for you, old man. What’s the cargo?”

“Only passengers,” Obi-wan informed the smugglers. “Myself, the Wookiee, and the boy, and two droids,” he told them. “And no questions asked.”

“What is it? Some kind of local trouble,” Han asked Obi-wan.

“Let’s just say we’d like to avoid any Imperial entanglements,” Obi-wan supplied the smuggler.

“Well that’s the real trick, isn’t it? And it’s going to cost you something extra. Ten thousand, all in advance,” the smuggler stated.

“Ten thousand!” Luke asked astonished. “We can almost buy our own ship for that!”

“But who’s going to fly it kid? You,” the smuggler rebutted.

“You bet I could!” Look answered him angrily, causing Gungi to shake his head, for Luke still had much to learn and controlling his rashness was just one of them. “I’m not such a bad pilot myself! We don’t have to sit here and listen-OUCH,” he yelled after Gungi softly smacked the back of his head, enough to let Luke know he overstepped himself.

“Quiet,” he sternly barked to his brother as he put a heavy paw on Luke’s shoulder and solidly gripping it, ready to haul him out of the cantina if Luke so much as opened his mouth again.

A moment passed as the two sides eyed each other, while the other Wookiee, Chewie he was called, softly chuckled. “We can pay you two thousand now, plus fifteen when we reached Alderaan,” Obi-wan haggled with Captain Solo.

“Seventeen,” Han questioned them. He paused to ponder for a moment after Obi-wan nodded. “You’ve got yourself a ship. We’ll leave as soon as you’re ready. Docking bay ninety-four.”

“Docking bay ninety-four,” Obi-wan repeated.

Gungi suddenly turned his head as he sensed through the Force clones entering the front door of the cantina. “Company,” he growled out. “Out the back,” he added a second later as he pulled Luke and Obi-wan from their seats.

“See you then,” Captain Solo remarked to them as they hurried away, going through the kitchen out to the back door.

Yeah, Luke is going to be dealing with grief for a little bit.

Master_Fay_Fan

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= One of the best ANH scenes. Very well written Han. ;)

12. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 5

Obi-wan Kenobi was sitting in the cargo hold onboard the Millennium Falcon, watching Artoo and Threepio play a game with the Wookiee Chewbacca along with Gungi when both felt a horrific void of life develop in the Force. He was immediately struck sick by it, nearly fainting, and helped to a nearby chair.

“Are you all right,” Luke asked, instantly coming out of his meditation, sensing something was dreadfully wrong. “What’s wrong?”

“I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced,” Obi-wan answered his young charge. I fear something dreadful has happened,” he added, as he began to place himself in a meditative trance.

“I felt it too,” replied Gungi in Shyriiwook, attempting to clear his head. While not as perceptive in the Force as a trained Jedi Knight, he still felt much of what Master Kenobi had felt.

“Better continue your meditation in centering yourself, Luke. I fear you will not have much time to do so in the coming days,” he spoke to Luke before turning his attention to Gungi. “You should as well Gungi,” he added to the Wookiee Jedi.

“Agreed,” Gungi barked back to him, shaking his head slightly, for the disturbance in the Force had nearly penetrated his Force shields.

As they were about to restart their individual meditations, Captain Solo came in. “Well, you can forget your troubles with those Imperial slugs. I told you I’d outrun them,” Sol remarked in good humor, only to see the three passengers enter in meditative stances and the droids playing a game on the Dejarik board with Chewie. “Don’t thank me all at once,” he grumbled as he sat in the chair near to Obi-wan. “Anyway, we should reach Alderaan about oh-two hundred hours,” he informed everyone a few moments later.
    Gungi nodded towards Han, acknowledging what the smuggler had said, though he didn’t say a word before he closed his eyes and began his meditating. Seeing the other two were meditating as well, Han turned to watch the droids battle Chewie in their Dejarik game.

“Now be careful, Artoo,” Threepio spoke to the astromech droid playing Chewie. A moment later, he moved a piece, causing Chewie to scream out in frustration.

“He made a fair move. Screaming about it won’t help you,” the protocol droid haughtily informed the frustrated Wookiee.
    Han decided he better interrupt the game, less Chewie destroyed the annoying protocol droid. “Better let him have it. It’s not wise to upset a Wookiee,” he warned the protocol droid.

“But sir, nobody worries about upsetting a droid,” Threepio rebutted Han, Artoo beeping in support.

“That’s ‘cause droids don’t pull people’s arms out of their sockets when they lose,” Han grinned at the droid.

“I see your point. Artoo, I suggest a new strategy. Let the wookiee win,” Threepio remarked to his fellow droid, who answered with an agreeable, if sorrowful beep of his own. Han shook his head at the whole scene before turning to face the three kneeling sentient passengers, Jedi if Chewie was correct.

By the devices clipped to two of their belts, Han suspected his friend was very much right. “Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid,” he jaunted to Luke, who had trouble meditating.

“You don’t believe in the Force, do you,” he commented back to Han as he opened his eyes, catching eyesight with the smuggler.

“Kid, I’ve flown from one side of the galaxy to the other. I’ve seen a lot of strange stuff, but I’ve never seen anything to make me believe there’s one all-power force controlling everything. There’s nothing mystical controlling my destiny,” Han remarked as he poked his chest with his thumb. “It’s all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.”

“Ignore him and concentrate on finding your center,” grumbled Gungi in Shyriiwook.

“I can’t though. Everything is too distracting at the moment,” Luke whined to the Wookiee Jedi.

“It’ll be an excellent exercise then,” he barked out, humorously, causing Luke to sigh at him, before closing his eyes and breathing in a deep breath in an attempt to restart his meditation.

Hank just shook his head. For a few minutes, he didn’t speak, just watched everyone else in the cargo hold. A soft beep soon brought his attention. “Looks like we’re coming up on Alderaan,” he loudly informed everyone as he got up to head to the bridge, not before noticing a wave of confusion on the faces of the older human and the strange Wookiee.

Slowly, the others followed him to the bridge.

Master Fay Fan

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  13. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 6

“This isn’t going to work,” Han commented as he looked at the cuffs Chew had on his wrists.

“Why didn’t you say so before,” asked Luke.

“I did say so before,” was the irritated smuggler’s response.

Gungi just shrugged, for it was far too late to change their minds, he knew, for the elevator they were in was on its way to the detention block were Leia Organa was being kept. They had sneaked out of the hangar bay into the hangar control room, with Luke and Han using the armor taken off two now-dead stormtroopers at first.

There, Obi-wan had left them to turn off the tractor beam keeping the Falcon from escaping. Only minutes afterwards, Artoo had found Leia Organa a prisoner onboard the massive station and now they were here, in the elevator pretending to be Wookiee prisoners and their guards, while Artoo and Threepio remained behind in the hangar control room monitoring them. This is going to be fun, Gungi thought sarcastically to himself as the elevator soon slowed.

“Ready yourselves,” he quietly barked in Shyriiwook.

Slowly the elevator came to a stop and then opened. Han and Luke pushed Chewie and he out of the elevator into the detention block proper with their blasters, acting as if they were guards. He counted the Imperials while an Imperial security officer looked them up and down for a moment. He counted four in total, three of which were near enough to use a Force scream.

“Where are you taking these…things,” the Imperial officer inquired, eyeing the Wookiees up and down with disgust.

“Prisoner exchange from cell block one-one-three-eight,” Luke answered the officer.

“I wasn’t notified. I will have to clear it,” the officer remarked, waving two of his men forward and reaching down to punch in the information into his consol.
    Gungi reached down to the pocket on his belt containing his lightsaber and prepared to pull it out. Just as they came into range, he sent a loud and powerful, howling Force-scream out from his mouth stunning the three closest Imperials before grabbing and activating his lightsaber and cutting the two nearest to him in one swing, while Luke and Han shot the other two Imperials and then quickly destroyed the cameras. In less than five seconds, the detention block was theirs.

“We got to find out which cell this princess of yours is in,” Han remarked as he pulled the now dead officer’s body to the side. “Here it is…Cell twenty-one-eight-seven. Go get her,” he told Luke. “I’ll hold them here.

“Everything under control. Situation normal,” Han spoke into the comm unit a moment later, attempting to calm the situation down and keep their appearance on the Death Star a secret.

“What happened,” the officer on the comm demanded.

“Uh,” Han hesitated, becoming nervous. “Slight weapons malfunction, but everything’s perfectly all right now. We’re fine. We’re all fine here, now, thank you. How are you?”

Gungi shook his head. He knew the Imperial officer wouldn’t believe that one. “We’re sending a squad up.”

“Uh, negative. We had a reactor leak here now. Give us a few minutes to lock it down. Lareg leak, very dangerous,” Han reported.

“Who is this? What is your operating number,” demanded the unknown comm officer before Han fired a blaster bolt into the comm unit, destroying it.

“Boring conversation anyway,” Han commented before yelling to Luke. “Luke! We’re going to have company!”

Luke found her cell just as Han yelled company was coming. Opening it, he entered, pausing at the doorway as the princess they were rescuing looked at him from her position on a metal slab. “Aren’t you short for a stormtrooper,” she asked teasingly.

“What? Oh…the uniform,” Luke managed to get out. “I’m Luke Skywalker. I’ve come to rescue you,” he told her a second after taking off his helmet.

“You’re who,” Leia asked astonished and bewildered, though she did not doubt the young man, for she had heard a violent roar a minute earlier followed by the presences of two force-sensitives, this one being one of them.

“I’m here to rescue you. I’ve got your R2 unit. I’m here with Ben Kenobi!” Luke stressed.

“Ben Kenobi!” she asked in a loud, astonished voice as she darted up, following him out into the corridor just as the cell block elevator exploded in the control room.

Master_Fay_Fan

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, [face_dancing] love that scene! Too short for a storm trooper, classic! :cool:

15. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 7

“Get behind me Chewie!” Han yelled to his friend. “Get behind me!” All in the cell block corridor, heavy laser fire and smoke saturated the area. Working in concert, Luke and Han gave cover fire to Chewie while Gungi began to block incoming laser fire from storm troopers using his expert knowledge of Forms III and V of lightsaber combat. Still, they were slowly being pressured deeper into the corridor of cells.

“Can’t get out that way!” Han shouted over the sound of heavy laser fire.

“Looks like you cut off our only escape route,” Leia remarked cuttingly.

“Maybe you would like it back in your cell, Your Highness,” Han sarcastically commented back at her as they retreated deeper into the corridor with Gungi further up, using his green lightsaber to block the incoming blaster bolts and in some cases send them back towards the stormtroopers.

Luke took out a small comm unit and started to yell into it. “See-Threepio! See-Threepio!”

“Yes sir,” the protocol droid’s voice came over the comm unit.

“We’ve been cut off! Are there any other ways out of the cell bay? What’s that? I don’t copy!”

“I said, all systems have been alerted to your presence, sir. The main entrance seems to be the only way in or out. All other information on your level is restricted,” the droid replied back.

“There isn’t any other way out,” Luke yelled, hopelessness creeping into him.

“What now,” roared Chewie.

“We can’t hold them off forever!” Han yelled over the noise. “Now what?”

“This is some rescue,” Leia remarked over the noise and smoke in the corridor. “When you came in here, didn’t you have a plan for getting out?”

“He’s the brains, sweetheart,” Han argued with the princess, nodding to Luke.

“Enough!” Gungi used a Force-powered yell in Shyriiwook to be heard from his place farther up in the corridor, as he became a living wall, blocking many stormtrooper shots from going deeper into the corridor. “Escape now. Fight later!”

“He says we need to find an escape and to fight later,” Luke translated for Leia.

“I’m on it,” Leia told Luke as she used the Force to augment her sensory organs, instantly smelling a foul smell coming from a grate on the wall next to Han. Grabbing Luke’s blaster from his hands, she aimed at the grate, destroying it a half-second later.

“What the hell are you doing,” Han yelled at her, not understanding what Leia doing.

“Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, you fly boy,” she yelled at him as she gave Luke back his blaster before using a small Force-assisted jump to leap her way through the corridor and into the chute, all while Chewie and Han looked on in amazement.

“Smells horrible!” Chewie whimpered a moment later, using a paw to cover his sensitive nose.

“Get in there! Just get in there you big furry oaf! I don’t care what you smell! Get in there and don’t worry about it!” Han yelled at Chewie before eventually kicking him into the garbage chute.

“Wonderful girl! Either I’m going to kill her or I’m beginning to like her!” Han yelled at Luke. “Get in there!” After Luke dived through the hole, Han yelled at Gungi. “Come on, you big fur ball! Your turn next!”

“Okay!” Gungi barked at him as he began to give ground, making his way to the grate. “Smells foul,” he whimpered in disgust as the Wookiee Jedi dropped himself into the chute.

Han gave a few more blaster shots at the stormtroopers before he followed in the darkness that was the garbage chute.

Watching the movie really helps me pinpoint their mannerisms and how they talk to one another.

Lady J

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= Oh this romp through ANH is too fun! Thanks!

17. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 8

“Ahhh,” Han cried as he landed into a pile of garbage and muck.

“Door is locked,” Chewie cried in Shyriiwook. “Can’t open it,” he add as he banged on it a few times with his powerful paws.

“Oh. The garbage chute was a really wonderful idea! What an incredible smell you’ve discovered!” Han yelled sarcastically to Leia. Chewie cursed at the door, causing Han to point his blaster at the door. “Let’s get out of here! “ he yelled. “Get away from there,” he told Chewie.

“No! Wait!” warned Luke as Chewie again roared a curse as he quickly moved to the side and covered his head.

Han shot a blaster bolt at the metaldoor, only for it to ricochet violently all over the garbage room, causing Han, Luke, and Leia to leap into the garbage and muck for safety as Chewie wailed. As quickly as the ricocheting blaster bolt began, it ended, as Gungi swiped it with his lightsaber, angling it so it hit harmlessly against a piece of metal a short feet away from him.

“Will you forget it!” Luke yelled as he and Leia slowly picked themselves up from where they dove into. “I already tried it. It’s magnetically sealed!”

“Put that thing away! You’re going to get us all killed,” Leia demanded.

“Absolutely, Your Worship! I had everything under control until you led us down here!” Han argued loudly with her. As they argued, they didn’t notice Gungi seeming to be hunting for something and Chewie continued cowering at the magnetic door. “You know it’s not going to take them long to figure out what happened to us.”

“It could be worse,” Leia supplied. A second later, an inhuman moan came from somewhere deep in the garbage compactor.

“It’s worst,” Han added.

“”There’s something alive here,” Luke called out.

“That’s your imagination,” Han rebutted.

“He’s right,” Gungi roared, still concentrating on finding whatever danger the Force was warning him of. Han and Leia had a look of unease come across their faces as Luke began helped Gungi in finding whatever was in the garbage compactor.

“Help!” barked out Gungi as a powerful tentacle tripped him into the water and began wrapping itself around him as he is yanked underwater.

“Gungi!” Luke yelled out as he and Han quickly made their way through the garbage and muck where Gungi was last seen.

“Come on, you overgrown fur ball,” Han yelled a moment later, worried about the Wookiee Jedi. “Where are you,” he called out after a few moments.

“Come on Gungi!” Luke called out.

Suddenly, another, much louder noise rang all over the garbage compactor as all four instinctively cover their ears, attempting to protect themselves from the painful noise now ringing in them. A moment later, Gungi surfaced near to Leia, coughing and slowly crawling his way out of the muck.

“Gungi!” Leia yelled at the exhausted Wookiee, while swinging a pipe towards him as Han and Luke quickly made their way towards him. Using the pipe, Gungi finally crawled his way to Leia, who helped him to drag himself the rest of the way out of the muck. “You okay,” she asked the soaking wet Wookiee once he was out of the muck as Chewie gave a concerned whine of his own from where he hovered at the door.

The exhausted Wookiee nodded in reply, as Luke and Han came to him.

“Gungi!” Luke yelled in concern, as he looked over his big brother.

“He’s fine,” Leia comforted Luke as she held Gungi. “He just needs a little rest.”

Luke nodded, relieved his Wookiee brother would be okay. Yet it was Han who asked Gungi the question on everyone’s mind. “What happened?”

“Don’t know, but whatever it is, it doesn’t like loud noises,” Gungi whimpered in Shyriiwook a moment later after finally catching his breath.

“You sure you’re okay, Gungi,” asked Luke as Gungi sat up.

“My head is ringing,” he whimpered to Luke, but nodded all the same.

Suddenly, another loud noise in the garbage compactor rang out, as the walls began closing. “The walls are moving!” yelled Luke in shock.

“Don’t just stand there! Try to brace it with something!” Leia yelled as everyone, but Gungi began to panic.

Gungi expected this from the others, but not Luke, as he shook his head a little bit to force the last of the ringing in his ears to subside, before launching himself at the door with a Force-enhanced jump. Landing by it, he pulled out and ignited his lightsaber, before pushing the point through the magnetic door.

As the others panicked, he concentrated solely on his task to make a hole in the door. A task that was uniquely challenging, as the mangetic field in the door made it feel like he was slicing through thick quick-drying adhesive glue. He only just finished making the hole as the sides of the garbage contractor started to become dangerously close.

“Come!” he gave a loud yell as he Force pushed the door into the corridor beyond it. Quickly he leaped through it, followed by Chewie. A half second later, Leia was through the hole after using a Force-assisted jump to leap the distance to the door, followed by Luke, who had done the same. As soon as Luke was through, Gungi looked through the hole to see where Han was.

Seeing Han was only halfway to the door and would not get there in time, he grabbed Han with the Force and ripped him through the air, stopping him just as he was about to hit the metal around the hole he had made. A shaking and shocked Han quickly scampered through the hole.

“You okay,” Chewie whimpered to the shaking Han.

“Yeah, I think,” the shocked Han replied to his friend.

“”First time for everything,” Gungi chuckled at the smuggler as he put a hand on the human male’s shoulder for a moment after seeing Han was okay, before turning to Luke and Leia. “The armor you two are wearing will only slow you down now,” he growled as he waved at Luke and Han, getting to the matter of escaping the massive battle station.

“Yeah,” Luke agreed as he started to take his armor off, followed soon thereafter by the still in shock Han.

Glad you are enjoying this. :)

Master Fay Fan

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, great edge-of-seatness with Gungi there. [face_worried] Whew, relieved they all got out of there.

19. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 9

Gungi shook his head, as he princess and the smuggler again argued among each other, starting to annoy him. it soon ended when they came across a hangar bay window overlooking the hangar, however.

“There she is,” Han commented to the group as they stopped by the window for a moment.

As Luke spoke into his comm unit with Threepio, Gungi paused for a moment to feel for nearby Imperials with the Force. Sure enough, he detected a group of nine coming their way around a turn.

“You came in that thing? You’re braver than I thought,” Leia remarked. Before Han could respond back to the princess, Gungi intervened.

“Company,” he softly barked, waving his hand towards the turn. Nodding to Luke, they crept forward, taking out their lightsabers.

The small group of stormtroopers turned the corner a moment later, directly into the path of the two lightsaber-bearing Jedi. Gungi used a powerful Force-push to send them to the ground and tumbling into the wall. Before they could recover, both Jedi were on them, cutting them down. The last managed to get to his feet and fire a blaster bolt at Gungi, only for the Wookiee Jedi to deflect the bolt back, hitting the stormtrooper in his helmet, killing him.

“Follow me,” Gungi barked to the others a moment later after ensuring there were no other stormtroopers nearby, as he and Luke extinguished their lightsabers.

“That was impressive,” Leia remarked as they started to follow them, Chewing barking an agreement with her.

“That Wookiee is like a walking omni-knife,” Han begrudgingly admired a moment later as they walked through the bodies and limbs of the stormtroopers.

“Agreed,” Chewie barked out.

A moment later, they came up to Gungi and Luke, who were leaning against the wall, doing the same as Luke used his hand to push Leia against the wall while bring up a finger to his lips, motioning for them to keep quiet.

As she leaned against the wall, Leia used the Force to sense the surrounding area. A larger group of stormtroopers, double the amount from earlier, was nearly on top of them, about to turn the corner at the intersection. Sinking deeper in the Force, she closed her eyes, subtly entering their minds as Master Ylenic had taught her, making them all believe they had heard a bang from behind them.

As she felt their confusion and quickly went the opposite way, she broke from her trance, exhausted, as Gungi again led them towards the hangar bay, Han helping to keep her moving.

A few minutes later, they stopped at the entrance into the hangar bay, all five studying the stormtroopers guarding the Millennium Falcon. “Is the ship alright,” Luke asked a moment later.

“Seems okay, if we can get to it. Just hope the old man got the tractor beam out of commission,” Han answered after studying his ship a bit more.

“He did,” Gungi whimpered to them.

“How would you know,” Han rebutted. “You’ve been with us the entire time”

“Trust me,” he whimpered out.

“Guess that hokey religion is telling you that much huh,” Han commented. “What was that back there,” Han asked after a moment. “It was like you just mind-controlled them away,” he added cautiously.

“Yeah,” Chewie whined.

“Calm down,” Leia replied, turning her head to face the two behind her. “It was a simple mind trick,” she answered.

“A mind trick, huh,” Han half-asked. “You’re that powerful Gungi?”

His question caused Luke to look back at Han for a short moment before returning to study the stormtroopers between them and the Falcon. “Wasn’t him. Gungi is scrap with mind tricks,” Luke supplied, distractedly.

“I made them believe they heard something further up the corridor behind them,” Leia added softly.

As Leia and Han continued their conversation with each other, Gungi and Luke had their own. “Where you think Ben is, Gungi,” Luke whispered to his Wookiee brother, worriedly. “Shouldn’t he been here by now?”

“We’re about to find out,” Gungi whimpered to Luke as he nodded in the direction of the stormtroopers, who began to move to the other side of the hangar opposite them. A moment later, they both felt Master Kenobi’s presence side by side with the dark presence they had detected days before on Tatooine while in deep meditation.
    “Now’s our chance! Go!” Han spoke determinedly to the others as he led them out into the hangar bay towards his ship. As they neared the ship, they could see the droids climb up the ramp as Obi-wan fought against the black armored Darth Vader for a second, blocking a powerful blow from Vader’s red lightsaber with his own blue one. Glancing at Gungi and Luke, he smiled at them before lifting his lightsaber serenely, allowing Vader to cut him down. Yet, his body didn’t cut in two, as was expected, but had disappeared, leaving only his cloak remaining.

“No!” screamed Luke as Gungi sent a powerful Force-back wail across the hangar bay, causing the stormtroopers to turn around and begin shooting at them. Luke blocked the blaster bolts fired his way with his lightsaber, holding his ground, while Gungi first blocked, then slowly with each next blaster bolt reflected them back at the stormtroopers, all while Vader kicked Master Kenobi’s robes with his foot, too distracted to take part in the battle.

“Come on!” Han yelled at the two Jedi as he fired his blaster by the Falcon’s ramp, covering Leia, who stood on it and Chewie nowhere in sight.

“Come on! It’s too late!” she screamed at them.

“She’s right,” Gungi barked, as Vader stopped searching Kenobi’s robes and began making his way towards them. “Back to ship!”

Yet, Luke stubbornly held his ground for a moment until he heard Ben’s voice telling him to run. They both then Force-jumped back to the ship, and hurried onboard right after Han and Leia, all the while blocking stray blaster bolts sent their way.

As the Millennium Falcon escaped from the Death Star, Gungi began slamming his powerful paws into the wall of the ship as Luke collapsed down in a seat at the Dejarik table. “I can’t believe he’s gone,” he cried in grief as Artoo gave a low beep.

“There wasn’t anything you could have done,” Leia comforted him with a sad smile before turning her head to face Gungi, who had stopped slamming his paws into the wall. “There wasn’t anything none of us could have done.”

Hearing those words, Gungi collapsed against the wall and rested his furry face onto his forearms as he cried, as Han ran into the cargo hold. “Come on buddy. We’re not out of this yet,” he spoke to Luke, softer than usual.

As both Luke and Leia jumped up to lend their assistance, Gungi stayed where he was, slowly positioning himself onto his knees as he began to meditate. He trusted in the Force and his brother and newfound friends to see them through where he could not.

Master Fay Fan

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent Jedi action. Oh my for some reason I hoped Obi would escape [face_thinking] =D=

21. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Hope 10

Gungi walked out of the Great Massassi Temple, heading into the surrounding jungle to meditate after leaving his little brother Luke in the hangar. Above all else, he wanted to be up there with him during the battle. He was an able pilot, but not near Luke’s prodigal level. Unfortunately, none of the rebel Starfighters was large enough for him to squeeze into.

“I hate being useless,” he whined to himself in Shyriiwook as he began climbing one of the nearby trees, eventually reaches the top of the tree a few minutes later, in time to see the starfighters of the Rebel Alliance began lifting off.

“May the Force be with you and those you fly with today, brother,” he murmured as he watched them begin to enter the atmosphere. After the last had disappeared into space, he leaned against the tree, with a leg dangling off the limb he was sitting on, as he crossed his furry arms and began to meditate.

He soon let himself go in the Force, feeling the Force flow through him as he remembered his past lessons with Obi-wan Kenobi and partaking his Jedi Trials with Master Ylenic. While he remembered each memory fondly, something struck him odd. All the memories he was envisioning in his Force were memories of them teaching him.
    That realization came to him with a shock as he then saw an image of himself, soon joined by other Jedi He recognized Luke and then Leia. Then came three human males, two he recognized as the Force-sensitive rebels he had felt during the briefing. Then another three were shown, this time two human children with another older human male behind him, all who felt vaguely like Leia. Soon, more and more people surrounded him and the others.

It was then he realized the Force had given him a premonition. This was the Jedi Order reborn the Force was showing him. He knew now without a shadow of a doubt Luke and those he flew with today would be ultimately successful in their mission.

But could he help train all the Jedi he had seen in the premonition? He released his doubt into the Force, trusting it to aid and to help him teach those who he knew would soon become his fellow Jedi.

He released himself from the Force trance soon after he felt the Death Star’s destruction minutes later, after sensing the deaths of those who were still on it. Minutes passed before he saw the remnants of the rebel Starfighter fleet arrive, with the Millennium Falcon coming in after them, identifying Luke’s X-wing as it passed over him, but noticed Biggs, Luke’s friend from Tatooine, was missing. He gave a loud moan for the dead before climbing down from the tree and rejoining Luke in the hangar.

Later, he was at Leia’s side as she gave Han and Luke their medals. Soon, those in the crowd of rebel soldiers and pilots began clapping in jubilation. The rebellion had won a major victory and more importantly, had brought newfound hope and strength to the galaxy.

Much less action this time around, and more introspective. Hope you enjoy.

Master Fay Fan

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful wrap. =D= I like not only the tangible victory but the future glimpses Gungi received.

23. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Gathering 1

Gungi meditated in the giant tree as he had done as Luke had destroyed the Death Star. Only a week had passed since the Battle of Yavin and the destruction of the Death Star, and already news of Alderaan’s destruction of Alderaan and the Empire’s part in it and the Death Star’s destruction had spread like wildfire throughout the galaxy, leading many Alderaanians to Yavin, strengthening the Rebel Alliance. What worried him most, however, was the Rebel Alliance’s decision in hero-making Luke and how the Emperor and Vader would react to it.

Yet, the Wookiee meditated not about the battle, but on how to reveal to Luke and Leia they were siblings. It would have been much easier if the princess knew Shyriiwook and he refused to use Threepio to translate for him, feeling the matter too private to allow the presence of anyone else.

With the Force not leading him to an answer, Gungi knew he would have to wait patiently while the Alderaanian princess learned to understand Shyriiwook. For now, that was his only option.

As Gungi meditated in the tree, Leia impatiently waited in the hangar as the B-7 light freighter Rain Song landed as Threepio stood silently behind her. She had thought she was the only Alderaanian Jedi to survive the destruction of her world. The arrival of the Rain Song changed that, for it was a freighter owned by the Vox family, and one used by fellow Jedi Wade Vox.

The ramp dropped down, revealing the Arranda siblings, the youngest of the Alderaanian Jedi. “Leia,” they cried out as they ran to her, hugging her.
    “Tash! Zak! You're both alive!” she returned their hugs. “How did you two get off planet?”

Tash the slightly older girl with long dirty-blond hair answered her. “Master Ylenic and your father sent us with Wade to look for you and pick up Master Kenobi and his Jedi when the Empire reported the Tentive destroyed.”

“I see,” she answered as she caught sight of Wade coming down the ramp. “Good to see you survived as well Wade,” she remarked to the brunette-color Jedi with a goatee as she put her arms over the shoulders of the smaller Arranda siblings.

“Same to you, Leia,” the other Jedi answered back. “I’m sorry about your father.”

“Thank you,” she thanked her friend and sometimes rival. “We all lost loved ones on Alderaan,” she consoled to the other three Jedi as she squeezed the shoulders of the Arranda children as she felt their grief in the Force.

“Kenobi wasn’t on Tatooine when we arrived. Is he here,” Wade asked a moment later.

Leia shook her head, eyes downcast. “He sacrificed himself ensuring my escape from the Death Star.” She looked up a moment later after Wade gave a short curse. “Knight Gungi and his padawan are here though.”

“Tell us about them,” Wade asked as they turned away from the freighter, Leia subtly leading them and Threepiotowards the jungle outside, where the others were waiting.

While Leia met with the other Alderaanian Jedi, Luke led Keyan, Kyle, and Ex’Two in an exercise, teaching them to push and pick up nearby pebbles using the Force as they and Jan Ors all sat underneath the tree Gungi was meditating in Artoo nearby. The three had decided to join the fledgling Jedi Order, though mostly as a way to fight the Empire then any real decision to become Jedi in their own right.

“This is getting annoying,” Keyan remarked, frustrated at his slow progress with his lone pebble, letting it drop the few inches he had managed to pick it from as he watched Kyle and Ex’Two levitating their pebbles much higher than his own. It wouldn’t have bothered him if they only had one pebble, as he had.

“Don’t let this exercise frustrate you, Keyan,” Luke comforted the other man. “Kyle and Ex’Two both have experience in using the Force. It makes sense they can accomplish more than you at the moment. Besides, the Force grants us our own unique abilities, so you shouldn’t compare yourself to them.”

“It does,” asked Kyle, as he and Ex’Two dropped their own pebbles, as they concentrated on Luke.

“Yeah. Look at Gungi,” he commented as he pointed turned his hand and pointed up the tree as he glance at the three, using his Wookiee brother as his example. “He’s skilled in telekinetic abilities, but scrap in the mind tricks.”

Luke saw all three understood where he was going with the impromptu lesson. As he was about to continue, he felt Leia and three other Force sensitives coming near them, not the one he had expected and he hoped one of them happened to be the Jedi master who trainer her. He noticed Keyan had picked them up as well, followed a few moments later by Kyle and Ex’Two.

He hid his disappointment when instead of the hoped for Jedi master, he saw two children he guessed to be just entering their teens and a man about his and Leia’s age he guessed was Wade Vox. After both groups introduced each other, the male human child, Zak, looked around. “Where’s the Wookiee?”

As Luke was about to turn and call for Gungi while the human girl rebuked her younger brother for being impolite, Gungi fell out of the tree, landing next to Luke, startling the two young Alderaanian Jedi.

“He taught younglings,” Gungi asked, cocking head at the two children who were about the same age as he was when Obi-wan had left him in the care of Owen and Beru years ago.

“Apparently,” Luke answered his Wookiee brother as Leia and the Alderaanian children looked between the two in confusion as Wade chuckled, understanding Gungi’s Shyriiwook.

“What did the walking carpet say,” Zak asked, turning his head to Wade, not seeing Gungi’s eyes narrow at him, though his sister did.

“Umm,” Tash replied, nervously. “I don’t think you should have said that Zak.”

“Your sister is right, Zak,” Leia responded in kind. “A Jedi shouldn’t insult others,” she reprimanded Zak, who looked down in embarrassment.

“Especially to the only Jedi Knight here that can train you, kid,” Jan Ors added.

The boy paled before he quickly apologized to the Wookiee. “Sorry for insulting you, Mr Wookiee sir.”

“He’s young,” Gungi barked out after a moment, giving a shrug, letting it go as Leia softly reminded the young boy of Gungi’s name, turning to sit and lean against the tree. The others soon sat down or continued standing.

“Translate,” he yelped to Threepio, who had gone to Artoo’s side. Soon, the Jedi conclave on Yavin, as history would note, had begun.

Glad you liked that.

Master Fay Fan

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh, Fay, I really like this. I love Luke and Leia finding out they're sibs early [face_laugh] and having more Jedi around. :cool: Makes the whole rebuilding of the Order much! easier :p and fight against the Empire, as well.
    Kahara's "Long Gone" builds up to such a scenario although in a very different fashion, hers involving Yoda. :) And the "gathering" occurs in the epilogue. [face_shhh]

25. Master_Fay_Fan

Jun 12, 2010
    Path of a Jedi: Gathering 2

Gungi was in cockpit of the Rain Song as it rested in the hangar, helping to ready the Song as he saw the rebels in the hangar hurried to evacuate from Yavin and escape the slowly tightening grip that was the Empire’s siege of the system. The nascent Jedi Order was evacuating as well, with Kyle and Ex’Two having already left on the Moldy Crow alongside Jan Ors three days earlier, and both the Millennium Falcon and Rain Song nearly ready to start their respective runs in escaping from Yavin, as his brother Luke and Keyan escorted them out.

All three ships were on their own missions for the nascent Jedi Order. Kyle, Ex’Two, and Jan he dispatched to pick up the rebel Jedi Master Qu Rahn after they completed their mission for Mon Mothma in investigating an Imperial attack on another rebel base and bring them back to the rebel fleet. Han and Chewie while not Jedi themselves, were heading to meet with a smuggler crew his fellow Wookiee was adamant had a small number of former Jedi as members and carried a holo-recording from Mon Mothma and Gungi pleading for them to join the reformed Jedi Order and become Jedi once again.

Meanwhile, the Rain Song would soon ferry the Wookiee Jedi, Wade Vox, and the Arranda siblings to Lothal, where Kanan Jarrus led a small rebel resistance cell while he trained his own padawan. He hoped they would take his offer to join the reformed Jedi Order. From what Leia had told him, they just might, as the other Jedi Knight had reported a substantial amount of Imperial forces had arrived there in his last communique.

Lastly, Leia and the newest member of the reformed Jedi Order, the healer Gruu Dunrik, a former member of the Jedi Medical Corps, would be leaving in a few days on their own mission for both the Jedi Order and Mon Mothma, meeting with Corwin Shelvay as she searched for new sites to base the largest resistance cell within the Rebel Alliance now that Yavin was no longer an option.

Already, other two other trained Jedi had answered his call. He had reached Fable Astin via a pirate holo-channel yesterday right before she left on a mission. The human female had assured him she would join with the main rebel fleet and the reformed Jedi Order as soon as she had completed her mission.

Tyneir Renz and his daughter meanwhile had sent a text message hidden in a holo-recording of an old video file of a Wookiee war dance, informing the rebels they would meet with the fleet at the rendezvous point. While the message didn’t actually say the two would join the reformed order, they had alluded to it via the video file, much to the amusement of Gungi and the other Jedi.

Yet, while the news of other Jedi not only surviving, but fighting the Empire had warmed his Wookiee heart, the news he was just given by Jan Dodonna was worrying. Rahm Kota, along with his apprentice and what seemed his entire resistance cell, had been killed in an ambush, the Empire reported via the HoloNet. There was nothing confirmed through Alliance Intelligence at the moment, but the Jedi Master was late in reporting in as well, leading credence to the Empire’s assertion they had killed the two Jedi.

Normally, Gungi would have meditated on what this development, but he couldn’t, for the Rain Song was just about to take off for its mission. “Rain Song, this is Yavin Control, you are cleared for departure,” he heard a woman’s voice in his headset. “Proceed to Nav Point Aurek and await for further instructions.”

“Copy that, Yavin Control,” Tash replied back into her own comm set from her place behind Gungi.

“Tash, you think we’ll make it,” her brother asked a moment later through the comm set from his place manning the quad turbolaser on the modified freighter as the freighter soon departed the hangar towards Nav Point Aurek.

“We’ll be fine, Zak,” Wade comforted the Alderaanian boy before his sister could respond.

“How do you know, Wade,” Zak asked, doubt in his voice causing Gungi to interrupt the conversation, less the other begin doubting themselves as well.

“You must trust the Force to see you through,” he woofed out in Shyriiwook to the young Alderaanian through his headset. “Besides, my brother is out there and won’t let anything happen to us.”

“Um, what did Gungi say, Wade,” asked the young Alderaanian, over the comm, as Gungi felt his and Tash’s confusion and curiosity in the Force. “All I caught was Force and Brother.”

Gungi shook his head, as he had forgotten to flick his new translator wrist device on, as Wade sighed and answered for him. “He says we must trust in the Force to see us through and that Luke won’t let anything happen to us.”

“Aye Aye Gungi. Will do,” the Alderaanian boy voice responded back through the comm set, as Gungi turned his wrist device on. “Can we paint the number of TIE’s I destroy on the side of the ship like they did with Luke’s and Keyan’s fighters,” Zak asked, causing Tash to giggle from behind Gungi and the Wookiee and Wade to chuckle in amusement.

“We’ll see,” Wade replied a moment later as they came upon Nav Point Aurek, where the other five ships in their convoy waited.

Rain Song, form up on alongside the Ullet,” a voice ordered through the comm set.

“Understood,” Tash answered a moment later, as Wade piloted the Rain Song into position with the CR90 corvette.

Falcon in position,” Gungi reported a few minutes later as the Millennium Falcon maneuvered onto the other side of the corvette, his wrist device interpreting for him.

“All ships, prepare for combat. You are ordered to jump to hyperspace as soon as you escape Yavin’s gravitational pull,” the unknown male voice once again ordered.

“Incoming, Gungi replied over the comm set as he felt one of the Alderaanian Jedi, likely Wade , send a sense of calmness through the Force.

“I see them,” Zak replied.

Soon, the Rain Song and the rest of the convoy was in battle, defending themselves from a small swarm of fighters.

This part of the story is titled Gathering for a reason. ;)

Master Fay Fan