main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Path of Love- V/L/L/H/Rieekan/OC's *AU and angst ALERT* New Post 7/7/09!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anduli_Vader, Feb 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008

It was filled with holographs, most of Luke. There were a great deal here that Leia had never seen, ones of Luke as a child standing on the sands of Tatooine, his graduation picture, standing with a black-haired man who could only be Biggs Darklighter.

Holy cow! Vader has a secret shrine with Luke's and Padme's pictures??? [face_laugh]
    I love that!

Why not of Leia? He did know that she was his daughter, too, right? I am a slow thinker sometimes, sorry...

Great but too short a chapter, Anduli! [face_shame_on_you]

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Great update!! Wow, Leia's reaction to the news was right on target. That must be overwhelming to say the least. :(
    Looking forward to more! [:D]=D=

3. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Sounds like Leia's off for some time-out time.:p I liked how Vader just broke it in the simplest way possible. He doesn't beat around the bush about things after all.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb update. The shortness lends itself to the emotional wallop LOL Any more after Leia stormed off would've diminished the impact ;)

5. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i really like this

can i be added to the pm list

6. Anduli_Vader

Anduli_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2008
    The-Solo-Smirk: The idea of him having a shrine of photos is kind of strange 8-} Our dear Dark Lord spends waay too much time on his own.

dancing_star: I had to work on Leia's reaction. The spitfire Princess is more like her father than she realizes.

Jedi_Master_Cazz:Lord Vader = subtle? :p Yeah right.

Jade_eyes:I decided that too. Thanks for reading this crazy little tale of mine.

frankieskywalker:Welcome to the PM list frankie!

7. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008

For a moment when he opened his eyes he wasn?t sure where he was. Then he remembered he was on Coruscant, the capital of the Empire. Dazed he looked around the opulent room before his gaze touched the light filtering through blue curtains. He didn?t know how long he?d slept but his body felt a great deal stronger.

Carefully he swung his legs over the edge of the wide bed and sat up, pausing on the side of the mattress before attempting to stand. When he finally did stand up, he had to brace a hand on the bedside table. He was shocked at the loss of strength in his muscles, he felt as weak as a young child. Luke shook his head in annoyance and strode toward the ?fresher.

When he?d finished taking a hot shower and dressing in the simple slacks and tunic laid out on a chair he sat down. It had taken most of his energy just to do that simple task. Luke was angry with himself; sure that he was overestimating how quickly the disease moved through his body.

Slowly he made his way down the staircase, 25 stairs in all. He counted them on his way down, wondering how his muscles would feel after walking back up this evening. He stopped and reached out cautiously with the Force, ready to pull back if it hurt him again. Quickly he located Leia?s position and then let go with a sigh of relief. He didn?t know why his body had reacted so painfully when he?d touched the Force before but he wasn?t anxious to repeat the experience.

He moved toward the back door, Leia?s presence had indicated that she was outside. When he walked out he stopped in astonishment. He had stepped out onto a spacious veranda made of white wood. A few small tables with places for three were spread around, with one larger table that could hold twelve placed under glowing lanterns with blue and green hues.

Leia was sitting on one end of the longest table, perusing a datapad. Luke moved in her direction, noting that the perfume from the flower arrangements was stronger on this end of the veranda. He stopped a few paces from Leia. A smile twitched his mouth as he realized that the Princess was very pretty. He?d never really noticed it when they were fighting the Empire, but poised on a delicate chair while wearing a gown of soft amber was a little different from holding a blaster while wearing a dirty uniform.

?That seems to be very absorbing material you?re reading, Leia,? he said.

?Luke!? Leia looked up with a smile, brown eyes flashing happily when she saw him standing there.

He walked up to her and pulled out another chair, seating himself to her left. He was glad to get off his feet, the short walk had left him more taxed than he liked to admit. He leaned back and sighed as a cool breeze caressed his face.

?Would you like a drink or a snack? Dinner?s in two hours,? Leia commented.

?I think I can hold out, Leia. How long was I asleep??

?Two days,? Leia answered.

?What?!? Luke yelped in shock.

?You weren?t planning on doing anything yesterday, were you?? A voice stated with amusement behind him.

Luke turned his head and shot at his father, ?No, but I didn?t realize I?d sleep that long!?

?Luke, you barely slept ten hours the entire trip here! You?re exhausted and not exactly in the best condition either,? Leia lectured.

Luke bristled at Leia?s tone until his father stated firmly, ?I agree with Leia. If you hadn?t required that much sleep you would have woken up earlier.?

Luke looked at Leia?s expression with confusion. If eyes could kill than his father would be dead right now. Briefly he wondered why but he turned away from the new puzzle to listen to his father.

?You and your companions are welcome here, Luke. I would like it if you would let my medic look over you later this evening.?

Luke sighed and nodded. Vader turned toward the house and started to walk away. Just before he walked inside Luke said, ?Thank you, Father.?

The Dark Lord hesitated for a minute and then disappeared as silently as he?d come.

Turning to Leia Luke asked, ?Leia, why did you react that way when h

8. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    It seems that Vader just figured that one out, along with Leia. Oh, does she have his temper!

A bit creepy, though, a shrine like that....

And this post, Luke's comment to Leia that she should have stayed in the Empire with her bias really hit it on the nail! Perhaps she will think a little more before she lets her temper flare again?

9. The-Solo-Smirk

The-Solo-Smirk Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 27, 2008
    We?re twins.?

?You look like Mother,? Luke whispered.

?Which means that you must take after??

?Father,? Luke finished, voice distant.

Vader doesn't have a pic of himself and Padme, does he? It would help them to clear up the "you must take after..." business. But it is funny, kinda, that nobody knows for sure because of Vader walking around in his black armour! Lol!

So, Leia is preparing for Dinner?! This ought to be fun!
    I wonder what good ol' Han will have to say concerning the daddy issue!

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Marvelous update. =D=

:D

Everyone's very true to character.

:)

Leia's reaction to Vader is in stark contrast to Luke's. [face_thinking]

11. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    Slowly he made his way down the staircase, 25 stairs in all. He counted them on his way down, wondering how his muscles would feel after walking back up this evening.
    Awww, Luke. :([:D] Know how that feels. I've been so sick I've had to crawl very slowly. :p
    I sure hope this doesn't tear Luke and Leia apart. [face_worried] I agree, she certainly has her father's temperament, while Luke has his mother's. [face_thinking]
    Wonderful update!! =D=[:D]

12. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    hopefully vader does have a picture maybe of their wedding day

so they can see him like he was

13. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Loved Leia's refusal of her similarities with Vader, because even that reaction was a very Vader-esque reaction.;)

I do hope Luke is on the mend.[face_worried]

14. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Thank you very much for your replies, everyone! I promise I've almost got a new post ready, I just have to deal with DRL right now and a new job!

15. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
    ?I do not,? Leia answered sharply. To imply that she had any similarity to that arrogant, sadistic murderer?

?Leia!? Luke shouted.

?What??

?If I can hear your thoughts than he can as well,? Luke snapped.

?That?s perfect then. He knows how long it will take me to forgive him, let alone accept him as my father!? Leia almost shouted.

[face_shame_on_you] Leia,you're much like your father ...

Luke pushed himself away from the table and stood up, staring at Leia. ?If you?re going to be so unreasonable as to accuse him of being responsible for Alderaan or something similar, I have nothing more to say to you for now. I think you should have stayed in the Empire, Princess. Your biased state of mind would fit in perfectly.?

After his short, angry speech he turned and walked down the stairs of the veranda and into the confusing maze of the gardens. He shut his mind down in the Force, done listening to Leia?s irritating mental tirade.

Leia was left sitting on the patio, stunned into tears by Luke?s words. She sat there a long time before she walked into Vader?s home and up to her room to prepare for dinner.

Luke really got to her, didn't he? can't wait until dinner!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.