main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The "Law" will be broken on Sunday. Bloodied and broken.

If you think that our secondary isn't capable of standing up to the Cats offense you are sadly mistaken. I will look forward to the Cats WR's tanking after making a catch (if they make the catch) just like the Indy WR's did in the 4th QTR of the AFC Championship game. They are the one's who will be bloodied and broken after Harrison, Poole, and Wilson lay the smackdown on you guys.

2. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I might stop laughing at that statement sometime this year.

I imagine it'll be sometime Sunday night when the Panthers are hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

3. Alderaan_Viceroy

Alderaan_Viceroy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    Harrison couldn't make it in San Diego, and Poole is a cast off from Carolina. And Mr. Law, well you know I can name at least five corners that are better. Your guys better pay some respect to Mr. Muhummad, Mr. Proehl, and Mr. Smith a very talented yet underrated recieveing corps. I think the Pats need to be more worried about Mr. Jenkins, Mr. Buckner, Mr. Rucker and Mr. Peppers though.

4. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    You can name five corners that are better than Law? That's absurd.

Stats don't tell the true tale of a corner. A great corner will not overwhelm you with stats for the simple reason that QB's don't throw the ball anywhere near them and when they do they pay for it(Peyton Manning ring a bell).

As for Harrison, he's an A.P. All-Pro this year which is a far greater honor than the flawed Pro-Bowl team.

Mr. Muhummad and Mr. Smith? We'll see how they do in the bright lights of the big time.

Mr. Proehl? That moron was talking all about the start of the Rams Dynasty in Super Bowl XXXVI. How did that work out?

As far as the Panthers D Line goes. Yes, they are very,very good.....so is Tom Brady.

We like our chances.

5. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I imagine it'll be sometime Sunday night when the Panthers are hoisting the Vince Lombardi Trophy.

I'm not worried. :p

6. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    Patrick Surtain, Sam Madison, Charles Woodson, Troy Vincent, and Champ Bailey (hey didn't the redskins beat the Pats?) There's 5 DB's that are better than Mr. Law. Bring on the trophy!!!! BTW I am not worried either, two years ago your team got no respect and won, this year we will do the same because the 'Cats are getting no respect...

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Alderaan_Viceroy, I see you know the names of Nationally known players but not their true skill level. None of those guys are better players.Period.

Edit: Since you wanted to point out that Washington beat us (back in week 4), I thought I would point out some of the Panthers 5 losses this year. Let's see....

On 11/19/03 Tennessee beat you 37-17.We beat the Titans twice this season.

On 11/02/03 The Texans beat your team 14-10. We beat Houston 23-20.

11/23/03 Dallas wins against Carolina 24-20.The week before that we shoutout the Cowboys 12-0.

11/30/03 A HEALTHY Eagles team comes to your Stadium and wins 25-16. We beat the Eagles 24-12 in Week 2.

That's four teams that we had in common this season.We won, you lost.

Now, I'll grant you that the Panthers beat the Redskins 20-17 and the Patriots lost to them 20-17 in Week 4. That was back on September 28th. Baseball was still playing the regular season.Now it's just a few weeks before spring training and the Patriots have not lost a game since that time.

Gee, I wonder why we feel so good about our chances of winning on Sunday.

8. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    As much as it pangs me to do so, I must agree with NE fans. So here is my final prediction for Sunday:

New England 27

Carolina 24

Go Dolphins in 2004!

9. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Yes, Go Dolphins!

10. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    For the 29th time Carolina is my team this week only because I am a part time resident of Charlotte, The Miami dolphins are "My team". I could never, ever, ever pick the Patriots in a game. Lets just get this season over with so my Dolphins can kick some "Chowderhead" butt next year!!!!

BTW Ryno are you saying that Vincent, Surtain, Madison, Bailey and Woodson are subpar to Poole, Harrison, Law and Wilson? You are naive aren't you. To say that those five players are just "national" names show's what a "homer" you are. Go 'Cats!!

This will be my last post until the Panthers lift the the trophy sometime around 10 pm tomorrow night.

11. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    BTW Ryno are you saying that Vincent, Surtain, Madison, Bailey and Woodson are subpar to Poole, Harrison, Law and Wilson?

No, just to Law.

This will be my last post until the Panthers lift the the trophy sometime around 10 pm tomorrow night.

So if the Panthers lose do you plan on never posting here again?(He asks hopefully)

12. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    heck ya I will be celebrating the Super Bowl Champion Panthers underdog victory over the overrated Patriots.

13. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Hot wings are cooking, beer is chilled. All ready for the game! bring on the kittens..er i mean panthers. :D

14. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    In about 4 and a half to 5 hours the Cats will hoist the big trophy, I'm am ready to watch the Patriots cry!!!

BTW To all Patriots Fans who post here, thanks for two weeks of fun and good natured trash talking...Talk to you after the game...

15. KRISTEN

KRISTEN Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2001
    The Pats will WIN 27 - 12

16. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Hell yeah! :D
    What a game!

17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    PATS WIN!!!!!!

God, I'm too old for this $%#@!!!!

18. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    THEY WON! THEY WON! WOO-HOO!

19. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    Great game!!!!

I'll say this once and for all to cover everything...

:D THE PATS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS :D

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    Argh. After all the talk about defense and running, it was all about two QB's just trying to outsling each other. The Carolina front four couldn't get to Brady and the NE secondary couldn't stop the Carolina receivers. Both teams made multiple crucial mistakes, NE in special teams and Carolina with penalties. But the final mistake was Kasay's kickoff that put Brady in position to do what he does best. What a bittersweet pill to swallow. Congrats to the Pats who made the plays at the end when it counted. For all the trash talk over the last couple of weeks, I find it funny that most of that stuff didn't really factor into how the game played out. It just ultimately came down to giving the ball to your best player at the end, and that's all any team can really hope for. Congrats. :(

21. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Well said. I'll say this.....I'm a Panther fan now.(As long as they don't play the Patriots.)

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The Pats are Superbowl Champs!!! Second time in three years is incredible! The Panthers played a great game on both sides of the ball and hats off to them. The only thing that helped us keep this game from overtime was the bad kickoff by the Cats. The Panthers passing was very consistent and came up with the big plays when they needed them. Unfortunately for them, the Pats had a few more of those plays to give them the win and the Lombardi Trophy!

23. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    What I really liked about the game is that for all the talk the media did about these two boring, no-name, defensive teams - I think it was quite possibly one of the best Super Bowls ever played with incredible swings. One team would punch and the other would counter. Now if we could've just done something about the outcome . . . :p

24. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Holy ****** Crap! What a game! Kinda slow at first but so awesome to win! I'll say this, much respect earned for Carolina tonight. And my wings were good to :D

So, who's going to the parade? Looks like its Tuesday. I for one, definately plan on going.

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm shooting for it. i have to see if I can clear some time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.