main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's kind of sad but the Dolphins have become a joke.
    They still have the clueless Dave Wannstedt as Head Coach and then they thought having Dan Marino run the team would be a good idea. That's like having Mayor McCheese run McDonalds. It's lucky for Dolphins fans that Dan came to his senses and realized his limitations

I think I may be on to something.Have you ever seen these two in the same place?

[image=http://ucsub.colorado.edu/~grayd/mccheese/tv_mayor.jpg]

[image=http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2001/0111/photo/s_marino_i.jpg]

2. Alderaan_Viceroy

Alderaan_Viceroy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    the question is have you ever seen Bozo the clown and Tom Brady in the same place???

I knew you all missed me, Go Fins Super Bowl XXXIX - XLIII Champions!!!!

3. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    Yeah, I didn't think you Patsy fans could argue with my last post, dang I'm good!

4. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey I wasn't the biggest Tom Brady fan at first but when you win your second Superbowl in 3 years it is hard to argue.
    How many Superbowl rings does Marino have.... [face_devil]
    Oh thats right ZEROOOOOO!!!
    And have you spotted Brady's new lady Bridgette Moynihan. She is lovely. I am jealous of him for that.

Dang now I'm good.... no GREAT!!! [face_laugh]

5. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    What no reply yet Alderan Viceroy ?
    Surely you can come up with something else.
    Surely your silence so far speaks volumes
    I was right about you before the big game....sore loser.
    You see I don't talk trash until someone else initiates.
    The Dolphins and believe me when I say this were not a concern of ANYONES this whole season.
    They were hardly a blip on the map. Sorry its the truth. The biggest news they had was that Marino was going to join the organization. [face_blush]
    [face_sarcasm] Hey.. so how is that working out for Miami?

6. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    How about you pay attention to my post, I said have Tom Brady and Bozo the clown ever been seen together in the same place...no because they are one and the same. I guess Bozo has two Super Bowl rings. Remember Jeff Hostetler won a Super Bowl, Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl, Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl...Hall of Famers? I think not, Just like Tommy Boy...Hey BTW hows that trade for A Rod going, oops, your baseball team spent how much money to lose to the Yankee's again...Believe me when I say how sweet it going to be when my Dolphins beat you Chowderheads twice next season. And believe me when I say that the Patsy's won't repeat next season, remember 2000? Your team is flukey at best, how close were they to 8-8 as opposed to 14-2? Good luck next season to the Patsy's on their sure to be average season, and their two losses to the Dolphins.

7. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    You are out of your mind. The Dolphins will never win as long as they have the same ownership and coaching. The Dolphins haven't been in a Super Bowl since 1985( a 38-16 beating from the 49er's) and haven't won a Super Bowl since 1974. Here's a little idea as to how long ago that last title was,Hank Aaron hits his 715th HR, Muhammad Ali KOs George Foreman in Zare,the Seahawks and Tampa Bay Bucaneers enter the NFL(Tampa has since one a Super Bowl since that time,still none for the Dolphins).

The Dolphins still have the same overpaid,overrated players,the same dumb Head Coach and the same Used Car Salesman Owner. Somehow I think the Patriots will be all set with against the "Mighty" Dolphins

Note: I'm sure some Non-Pats fan will bring up the Red Sox-1918 defense(The crutch of the simple minded in the sports debating world).So to cut that off I will just say that at least the Sox made the World Series in 1986, more than a full year after the Dolphins last made a Super Bowl.

8. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Hey BTW hows that trade for A Rod going, oops, your baseball team spent how much money to lose to the Yankee's again

And that has what to do with football? :confused:

Talk about going off topic [face_rolleyes]

9. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    Alderaan_Viceroy are you now a Yankees fan?
    I got confused I too thought this was a football thread.
    When you run out of excuses for the Dolphins you try to go to baseball?
    Kind of seems like a desperate act by a desperate Dolphins' fan.

You want to talk baseball go to our baseball thread and see Soriano's numbers and A-Rod's numbers and see if the Yankees did the right thing.

Just don't run off to hockey,basketball, etc. if you run out of things to defend the Dolphins.

Last season is over and now it is a new one do you really think the Patriots will fall flat?

Are you so blinded by your self serving need for attention for the Dolphins that you can't aknowledge that Belichick has proven his ability to lead a team to success. And that maybe the Patriots are the Superbowl champs because they were the best last season.
    Tell me you wouldn't want Belichick as your head coach?
    If you say no then you are not in your right mind.

You just make it hard for anyone here to take you seriously when you run off subject.
    C'mon man your better than that..aren't you?

10. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    beliawho??? hes overrated. I guess you chowderheads forgot about the 2002 season...OVERRRATED OVERRATED!!!!

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    This is the second time you tried to bring up the Red Sox into this thread. What you said the last time didn't make any sense and this last rant is just a flat out waste of the few minutes we all spent reading it :mad:. Say what you want about off-topic/un-related subject matter that is intended for a different thread because after all of that there is only one thing that matters... THE BOTTOM LINE. In this case, THE BOTTOM LINE is that the Dolphins are a group of overpaid choke artists that can't win when it counts (specifically between the months of October and December) and seem to become more turnover-prone when the weather gets colder.

And as far as the "Superbowl rings vs. Hall of Fame seat" goes, they compliment eachother, no career seems complete without both. It's obvious that Marino is a Hall of Famer and that Tom Brady is on his way to having a great career which will put him in the Hall too. The fact that Marino doesn't have a ring doesn't make him any less of a great QB, but in his mind despite all of the records he set on the field he never got that one truly great prize that all pro atheletes strive for. Tom Brady never has to feel that way because he has two rings and has the poise, skill, and talent to become a Hall of Fame QB.

I guess you chowderheads forgot about the 2002 season...

Would you like to enlighten us on how well the Dolphins did in the 2002 post-season (not to mention every post-season in the past 15 years)?

One more thing. Here's a look at the Pats playoff record compared to the Dolphins playoff record:
    NE Patriots: (W)12 (L)10 (%).565 (PS)443 )PA)461
    Miami Dolphins: (W)20 (L)19 (%).513 (PS)780 (PA)848
    The Pats are 2-2 in Superbowl games. The Dolphins are 2-3 in Superbowl Games.

12. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Alderaan_Viceroy are you now a Yankees fan?

Just a punk with to much time on his hands.Obviously a sore loser, who can't even admit that his team stinks.

Seasons over people! Get over it!!

13. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    Tom Brady isn't fit to wash Marino's Jock strap. Talk about luck incarnate. The only thing Tom Brady has going for him is Luck...17-0 is the only true "Greatest Season" in NFL history and even if the Pansyiots when their first two games (I have a feeling the second game next year will be in Miami) it is over two seasons and doesn't count. No the Pansyiots won't win the Super Bowl next year so enjoy the trophy and shine it up all nice so it will look good when the Dolphins assume ownership of it next January. BTW in case the news is slow in Boston (its still 1918 isn't it) Marino retired several years back. Well I think I will stop talking to you wimps now and talk to some "real" sports fans that don't whine about superior athletic teams then their own. 1918! 1918! 1918! 1918!

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't mean to speak for anyone else by saying this but you, Alderaan_Viceroy, have officially made yourself look like the biggest jackass on the planet. Rather than try to engage in some more interesting talk and competition about the Pats and Dolphins, like my last response to you about how great the Fish have done in the post-season lately, you instead choose to post useless and pointless jabs at subjects completely unrelated to this thread. You've repeatedly try to sting us with your witless "1918. 1918. 1918" banter even though it's been said many times that comeback is one of the most pathetic comebacks ever! Your presence here has done nothing but serve as a waste of time and an insult to TRUE sports fans everywhere. Do us all a favor and go back to whatever corner of the galaxy you call home and STAY THERE!!!

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    Maybe we should close this thread and resume talk in Sept... like Roy said -- when the season is actually in session.

We don't take kindly to people trolling in our boards. [face_plain]

16. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    how close were they to 8-8 as opposed to 14-2?

I know, if I was the coach of Indy, I wouldn't have run the same plays. Being a Monday morning QB is the best I tell yah! Does it matter? In the end the final score is all that matters! And 14 times New England had more points than the opposition did. Trust me, I wanted the Dolphins to kill Brady, but it did not happen. Ans as it stands right now, unless the Dolphins get Henson and a new coach, New England will probably continue to dominate.

Alderaan_Viceroy, you are not doing the typical Dolphins fan justice. Passion for your team is great, but have some dignity as well.

Some things to consider: The New England Patriots first season was 1960. Miami's, 1966. It took Miami six years from its creation to play in its first Super Bowl and seven years to win its first Super Bowl. New England took four yes to appear in its first AFL championship game, twenty six years to its first Super Bowl, and 42 years until their first Superbowl victory. Miami and New England have both appeared in four Superbowls, both with 2-2 records in Superbowls. Miami has not appeared in a Superbowl in nineteen seasons, however, they did appear in three Super Bowls in a row. Miami's all time record 339-217-4, New England 300-335-9. While Miami peaked quickly, it has won a championship in thirty one years. New England took forever to get going, but is hot now. Which is the better team? Based on stats I'd have to say Miami. Based on the last three years? How could you not say New England?

But mark my words, New England is going down in 2004! Go Dolphins!

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    But mark my words, New England is going down in 2004! Go Dolphins!

Just out of curiosity Moby, what is it that you have against NE sports teams?

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    A self-hating New Englander perhaps? How sad. ;)

19. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Just out of curiosity Moby, what is it that you have against NE sports teams?

I was born in Cambridge, but only lived in various MA cities and towns until I was two.

I then moved to Jacksonville Florida. After a brief stay there I was transplanted all around the South, so long as the was a naval base near by. For the next six years the Mason Dixson line was my Northern border.

When I was eight, I moved to Queens. From there I moved back to MA right before I turned nine. Other than a few months here and there in the rest of the NE states, I lived in MA until I was 23. Then I moved out to the Southwest. I returned when I was 27 and have been here since.

I picked up the love of the Dolphins from living in Florida as a kid.

I picked up my love for the Yankees when I moved to Queens. I had never seen a baseball game before then. I didn't even know how to play. I went and saw my first baseball game ever. It was at Yankee Stadium and I watched Ron Guidry strike out 18 Angel batters in June of '78. I continued to watch the Yankkes all summer and devolped a liking as they beat the Red Sox and won the World Series.

In basketball, Larry Bird looked lke a dork and Magic was cool so I liked the Lakers. Plus I felt the Celtic franshise was bigoted. Greg Kite? Come on, give me a break! The team had so many white guys it should have been in Indiana. I can remember the arguement with my very bigoted grandfather as I write. Oh, those were the days.

In hockey, my favorite sport, I equally liked Montreal and Boston. I pretty much followed most of the Adams division teams. Today, the Bruins are my favorite team because I liked Thorton and Samsomov. As a kid I was a huge Patrick Roy and Ray Bourque fan. Go figure. I would root for Boston unless they played Montreal. It kinda pissed my dad off, and what teenager doesn't strive for that.

Anyhow, that's how I came to like the teams I do. I like the Bruins as my favorite hockey team (even though ownership sucks), but the rest of sports Boston never figured into it.

20. DarthLucanas

Mar 22, 2003
    In basketball, Larry Bird looked lke a dork and Magic was cool so I liked the Lakers. Plus I felt the Celtic franshise was bigoted.

I don't know Moby the Celtics organization was one of the first NBA teams to have a African-American player Charles Cooper in 1950. And then in 1966 Bill Russell became the first African-American coach in U.S. professional sports history when he succeeded Red Auerbach as head coach and Red became General Manager of the Celtics. In which Russell was still and active player as well as the head coach.
    Red Auerbach has been instrumental as setting one of the best examples for the rest of the NBA and other sports organizations to follow since 1950.

I think someone misinformed you about the Celtics.
    I think you must be thinking about the Red Sox when they were owned by the Yawkey family when the Red Sox were the last team in the majors to have a African American athlete on the team.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Ohhh, now it makes sense. I also started to think that you were a self-hating New Englander as Ryno put it ;). It's hard enough to be a true fan and support your favorite local sports teams and you do it with teams spread all over the country. If I sounded nosy with my question I didn't mean to be, and if I haven't said it before I'll say it now, you are definately a TRUE sports fan (even though you are a Yankees fan [face_devil]).

22. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    I offically surrender to the might of my own team's stupidity. A.J. Feeley as starting QB?!?! The Patriots have my respect as a front office that's for sure. A.J. Feeley? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What happened to Fiedler? Oh yeah... he sucked last year [face_mischief].

24. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    Rumor has it the Pats are intrestedin Feidlers services next year, HAHA!!!

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The Patriots have had some good luck with having former Dolphins Starting QB's as our second stringers. Maybe it's because the Pat's brass can tell the difference between a Starter and a Clipboard Caddy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.