main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    More bad news - Roosevelt Colvin is out for the season. :(

2. Palps-Padawan

Palps-Padawan Jedi Youngling

Aug 24, 2003
    Well a win is a win...However that was a poorly played game today. I think Brady's elbow is much more serious than the team is letting on , and also now Patten , Ted Washington , and Ty Law also got hurt. ( I know Law came back but that ankle is going to hurt alot more on monday) I think had it not been the Jets we played today , we would be looking at 1-2 instead of 2-1. Thanks to Miami beating Buffalo we are tied for first.

3. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Yes, it was ugly, but a win is a win.

Ted Washington evidently broke his leg, and will miss "a couple weeks". No word yet on the others.

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    The Pats' schedule will be much more evenly matched over the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see if their banged up defense, with all of the substitutions, can hold up for the rest of the season.

5. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    More bad news - Mike Compton was placed on IR. I guess Dan Koppen will get a lot more playing time.

Mike Vrabel broke his arm, too.

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    There is now a total of 12 players on the DL. I know that every team has to deal with injuries throughout the season but this is crazy, and only three weeks into the season. I just hope that we've hit our quota and won't have to put any more names onto that list.

7. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Pats lose to Washington, 20-17. Almost pulled it out at the end, but no luck. :(

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Took some big ones to go for it on 4th and 3. I would have taken my chances with Vinatieri. Sure he missed the 46-yard kick earlier, but he's 8 for 13 in attempts over 50 yards!

9. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    AND THE PATRIOTS WIN!

10. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What a great game today! Cloud was tearing up the Titans defense. Great effort all around today! Not to mention Ty Law, snagging that pick at the end of the game.

11. BOBAFETISH

BOBAFETISH Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I was there, and it was crazy! We were all listening to the sox at the same time, and hugging and screaming in the stands...

Best sports day ever!

12. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Another big win for the Patriots. I'm not sure how they are doing it with all of the injuries they have.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Let's just be glad that they're doing it. I don't care what any of the "experts" say about every team having to deal with injuries, the Pats have more injuries in the first few weeks than any other team for as long as I can remember. It's on to Miami next week and we haven't won in Miami in 6 years. Ought to be a good one next week!

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    For the 1st time in 6 YEARS the Pats beat the Dolphins in Miami!!! What a game yesterday, and what a finish to win it too! I don't think that I've ever seen Brady throw the ball like that, EVER! Great job despite the terrible officiating.

15. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I'm still shocked that the Pats won all of their last three games. With all our injuries, and the fact that we played three great teams, I thought we'd be 2-5 right now.

Watch, though - we'll lose to Cleveland next week. [face_plain]

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Can you believe the story about Kenyatta Jones throwing scolding hot water on his assistant/roommate? The guy says that he remembered hearing the faucet turn on, and the microwave being used, then the next thing he knows he's in the hospital with some serious burns. How messed up is that? I heard that these guys would throw rocks and bricks at eachother as kids. What ever happened to playing catch and riding your bike to have fun?

17. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Amazing on how the Patriots keep winning. If they keep this up, they'll make the playoffs easily.

18. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    This team has the feel of the Super Bowl team. I'm not saying they are going to win it but I see a lot of similar traits.

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I can't take these nail-bitters anymore. Last week against the Dolphins, today against the Browns, it's driving me crazy! I'm still trying to recover from the Sox-Yanks series and the Pats aren't helping me.

20. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Hey relax it's not like they have Grady Little coaching the team. [face_laugh]

Thank God Grady is gone

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Pats are on Monday Night Football this week! The Broncos are on a 2-game skid going into this game. Hopefully the Pats can capitolize on that and take one away in Denver. I can't remember when the last time we won in Denver was. Don't think that it was as long of a streak as what Miami had on us. That would be great, a win in Denver and in Miami in the same season!

22. Nazgul_Hood

Nazgul_Hood Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 25, 2003
    Danny Kanell is starting at QB for the Broncos. If I were a Broncos fan, I'd be worried.

23. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    If they are smart they will just keeping running Clinton Portis. They still have a very good defense.

24. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Yeah, their defense is good, but their secondary is a bit weak (or so I hear).

If all the Broncos do is try to rush Portis all night long, they're gonna be in for a long night. All the Pats have to do is put 8 or 9 men in the box, and so much for that. Portis himself said he'd like the team to throw downfield more to loosen things up for him.

25. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    A win tomorrow from the Pats would be BIG since both the Dolphins and Jets lost!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.