main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I can't believe they did it again!!! Despite the two turnovers and numerous penalties, the Pats came out of Denver with another win. A lot of teams would have packed it in after the Denver punt return for a TD. It just goes to show that this team has what it takes to make another great run into the post-season.

Did anyone see the pre-game surmon with Chistopher Lloyd preaching to the Sox and Pats fans? I missed it but I heard it was pretty funny.

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I did see it and it was funny.

Just when I think Belichick can't come up with anything else to surprise me he takes the safety to get better field position.

Brilliant!!!

3. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    *sniff**sniff*

Do you smell that? Smells like playoff berth! :D

4. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    The Pats have been playing great so far but lets not get too far ahead of ourselves here. They still have to get past Dallas, Buffalo, and Miami before things will really start to feel comfortable in the AFC East.

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    11 wins should be enough to win the division.

6. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Dallas = overrated. One of these days they're gonna come crashing back down to earth.

Buffalo - going downhill. After a fast start, they're coming back to earth.

Mianmi - certainly very good, but they'll be playing in NE in December, not good for them.

Plus, with patsies like Houston and Jacksonville on the schedule, I think the tough part is over.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    There's definately a lot of hype around Dallas right now, but they are playing very well and if there's a coach out there that can match up against Belichick, it's Parcells. Buffalo has come crashing down to earth at a lightning speed, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see them give the Pats a fight. You're right about Miami Jedi_Hood, it's always fun to watch the Dolphins players shivering while the Pats players just shake it off without a thought. Don't forget about the Colts either. They have also been playing pretty good this year and we have them after Houston.

8. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    True, the Colts worry me. They and the Dolphins are the only teams left on the Pats' schedule that I think are threats.

Seriously, I think Dallas is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think the Tuna's done a great job turning them around, but I also think that they took a lot of teams by surprise.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    ...but I also think that they took a lot of teams by surprise.

They probably did. But if the Pats don't take the Cowboys seriously they could be the ones getting surprised on Sunday.

10. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Actually, it's next Sunday. ;)

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I hate By-Weeks :mad:.

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I just want to give 3 Cheers to Doug Flutie for his awesome performance against the Vikings yesterday. The guy just won't quit, he's 41 years old and playing like champ. I just hope he finally gets the respect that he deserves and the Chargers start him next week.

13. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Just when you think he's dead and gone......

Ted Washington is reportedly going to return to action Sunday against Dallas. Good news for once.

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Ted Johnson is almost back to full strength too! This will be great. The Pats are 7-2 and will have most of their starters back within the next few weeks!

15. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Except for all the ones on injured reserve, that is.

16. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I hope Terry Glenn gets tired of being burnt by Ty Law and tries to cut accross the middle. I'd love to see Harrison clean his clock (cocky SOB :mad:)!

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Great game yesterday! It was another all-defense game for both teams. I'm just glad our defense came up with more plays than theirs did. Those two catches by Givens and Branch were not only huge, but a sight to watch. That's 6 in-a-row for the now 8-2 Pats!!!

18. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    According to ESPN, that game was one of the top 5 all-time in terms of ratings. Good job by the defense.

Pats signed wide receiver J.J. Stokes to imrove the depth at receiver. Nothing special - the guy's been let go by San Francisco and Jacksonville, and has been a major disappointment throughout his career.

I think he'll be the second coming of Donald Hayes. [face_plain]

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Keyshawn Johnson was just de-activated by the Bucs. Must be nice to get paid $7 million while sitting on your butt doing nothing!

He's got an attitude but he would still be an interesting free agent pickup next year. Putting him on one side and Brown on the other would give the Pats an unbelievable passing game.

20. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I don't think so - he's basically another slow possession receiver.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Very true. After finally getting rid of Terry Glenn a couple of years ago it would hurt to bring in a carbon copy of his type of attitude.

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Keyshawn just signed on to do commentary with Fox sports. I wish I could be let go from my employer, continue to get paid my salary, then pick up another job where I get paid to do is sit down and talk about football all day. Life just isn't fair sometimes :mad:!

23. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    That would be nice, wouldn't it? [face_plain]

24. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm not sure I'd want Keyshawn on the team next season but I will say he's no Terry Glenn. Glenn is a soft player. Terry won't play hurt and even when healthy he often just disappears.

Keyshawn, while having a big mouth, plays hurt and never hesitates to go over the middle and take the hit for the catch.When his team is not winning he tends to get very vocal and the big problem with that is Keyshawn thinks he can win the game all by himself but he is really just a very good position receiver.

If he could accept that and stop all of his complaining then I might like to see him on the team.

25. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Another come from behind win. It's starting to feel like 2001 all over again. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.