main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    That one was too close for comfort! It's funny, if you look at the offensive box score (minus the turnovers), the Pats should have steamrolled over the Texans. The fact that they still managed to keep themselves in it and win is a miracle. These guys are definately going to cause me to have a heart attack before the seasons end.

What's up with Vinatieri? The blocked kick wasn't his fault, that was just poor protection from the line. But to miss the other one at the end of the 1st half, plus the others he's missed this season, it just hasn't been his year :(.

2. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    What's up with Vinatieri? The blocked kick wasn't his fault, that was just poor protection from the line. But to miss the other one at the end of the 1st half, plus the others he's missed this season, it just hasn't been his year

To much Papa Gino's

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    To much Papa Gino's

While driving there in his Ford F-150.

4. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Vinatieri's been so good the past couple years, I think people forget just how difficult kicking is, and how good he really is. Now that he's just ordinary for awhile, everyone thinks he sucks.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I don't think that he sucks, I'm just saying that he's been a bit off his game lately that's all. I'm not trying to say that he should be traded immediately and that he's past his prime. Anyone who has an +80% accuracy with kicks over 50 yards is still one of the best as far as I'm concerned. He's also the only player that I originally drafted for my fantasy football team that is still on my team (except for Jerry Rice, but he's benched so he doesn't count :D).

6. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Sorry - I've been having to put up with my fickle family members who suddenly want to get rid of him. :mad:

Speaking of kickers.....we need a new punter. Ken Walter has been horrendous.

7. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    A lot of the "so called" experts are picking the Colts this weekend. I think the Pats secondary will deflate the Colts passing game. With Law, Poole, and Samuel back there, they won't stand a chance.

8. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I dunno - the Colts are tough. If we play them as well as we played Houston, it's gonna be a long day.

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Why must the Pats keep doing this to us :mad:! I understand that a win is a win no matter what, but they had the Colts by 3 TD's after the 1st half. To let them come back like that was not good. They've got to keep up their consistancy throughout the entire game if they want to avoid playing golf in January.

All of that aside... Kudos to the defensive line for coming up with the huge goal line stand at the end of the game (for the 2nd week in a row)! McGinnest was 100% on the money when he said, "you can't block Big Ted (Washington) because he's 2 guys in 1". And to Bethel Johnson for his huge contribution with the return for TD and the big return at the end to keep the Pats hopes alive!

10. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    What a game. Probably the most dramatic Pats regular season game in a long time.

Good news - Ken Walter is finally gone! :D

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Thank God that they finally did something about Walter. I'm sure Vinatieri was very comfortable with Walter as his holder, but the Pats had to get rid of him. He's only averaged about 33yds a punt this year [face_shocked]. And that pathetic 18yd punt on Sunday pretty much sealed his fate here in NE.

12. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Whatever benefits Walter may have had as a holder were underscored by his horrific punting.

18 yards? I can kick farther than that. [face_plain]

Guess Adam will have to live with Damon Huard.

13. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Huard had holding duty while he was backup QB in Miami for a few years. I'm sure he will do just fine.

The new punter sounds pretty good but he's never played at the pro level before. Having your 1st pro career start against Miami ought to be interesting. I just hope he doesn't boot any FG attempts, we may need them.

14. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    He can't do much worse than Walter was doing.

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    He can't do much worse than Walter was doing.

My 7 year old couldn't do any worse than he was doing.

16. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Having your 1st pro career start against Miami ought to be interesting.

in the snow also.Should be fun to watch.Tomorrows game is gonna be crazy(if it happens).I see low scores on both sides.

17. --Darth_Ganondorf--

--Darth_Ganondorf-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2003
    I see low scores on both sides

3-0 Pats ending the 1st...

18. --Darth_Ganondorf--

Aug 25, 2003
    3-0 Pats starting the 4th...

aw crap...Kevin Faulk just got hit HARD. He was parylyzed for a minute but he can still walk.

But now he thinks he's Marshall Faulk [face_laugh]

19. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    3-0 Pats ending the 1st...

Still 3-0 halfway through the 4th quarter. This new Punter has been doing awesome! Glad to see the kids have a great 1st Por game :)! I've never heard such cheering for a good punt before in my life.

Edit: Now it's 10-0 after the Bruschi INT for the TD. With the help from a punt downed on the 4 yard line!

20. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Congratulations to the 2003 AFC EAST CHAMPION NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS :D

21. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    A fan was holding up a sign that said "Today's Special: Frozen Fish" and it had a picture of the Miami dolphin with it's fluke frozen in a tank of water. Then they showed a Miami fan getting hit with a snowball.

22. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    It was pretty funny watching Fiedler getting pelted with snowballs while they were on their own 1 yard line [face_laugh]! The way the fans were throwing of snow to the beat of the music after the game was awesome too! It was kinda like watching fireworks, except without the explosions.

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Paxton may be out for the season now. Just when the injured list seems to be getting a little lighter, a new name finds it's way on the list.

24. --Darth_Ganondorf--

Aug 25, 2003
    A fan was holding up a sign that said "Today's Special: Frozen Fish" and it had a picture of the Miami dolphin

[face_laugh]omg that's awesome [face_laugh]

It was pretty funny watching Fiedler getting pelted with snowballs while they were on their own 1 yard line

omg that's awesome too [face_laugh]

Now if Kevin Faulk still thinks he's Marshall Faulk, then that's not good :(.........but all too funny [face_laugh]

25. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    These close games are gonna have me dead of a heart attack by the end of the season. Just once, can we destroy somebody? Please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.