main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    I know many thought the same of the Pats-Texans game, and look at the surprize they gave us, but Jacksonville shouldn't be any trouble. This may be the first game since week 2 when the Pats manhandle their opponent.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    What a game! The Jags had a great defensive line, but their secondary gave up a lot of big plays to the Pats offense. That's 10 in a row now! Bring on the Jets!!!

3. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    Ahh, the final tuneups before playoffs.... :D

4. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    For those of you who watched the Pats game tonight....was Joe Namath trashed, or what?

[face_laugh]

5. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    He may have been trashed but I think he may just be going senile. I mean he's what,like a thousand years old?

It just goes to show you the different directions the Pats and Jets are going. Our Super Bowl MVP QB does ads for Dunkin Donuts and theirs does ads for Depends. [face_devil]

6. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    and theirs does ads for Depends.

Chad Pennington does ads for Depends!?!? ;)

Namath was definately trashed last night. We recorded the game on TiVo and after the game we went back and watched it a few more times! [face_laugh]

7. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I guess he eventually apoligized, but it was hilarious nonetheless.

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I guess he eventually apoligized,

Yeah, after his wife told him to sleep on the couch until he did.

9. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I missed the whole Joe thing. What happened? What did he say?

10. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    He was being interviewed on the sidelines by ESPN's Syzy Kolber during the Pats-Jets game. It was pretty obvious that something was wrong with him - he was slurring everything he said. At one point, she asked him a question and he replied, "I want to kiss you."

11. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Suzy asked Joe a question and he replied with the "I wanna kiss you" but then quickly went back to answering the question. A few minutes later she asked him a question and he replied "I just wanna kiss you" and was lost after that. The sportscasters in the booth had to rescue Suzy from Hollywood Joe.

12. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    lol, I thought he was funny. Totally blitzed from what I can tell. But so what.

But who can blame him. I wouldnt mind kissing her to :D

13. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    It's just to bad that it happened because Suzy is the best sideline reporter in sports(Man or Woman) and didn't deserve to be leared at by some pathetic old man.

14. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Didnt really look like it bothered her to much,I could be wrong tho. She was smiling and laughing the whole time.

15. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I can't see how she could not be bothered. I sure would, if Joe Namath wanted to kiss me.

16. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
  17. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Just a little look back into the past of this thread before I leave for the game.....

Hey there, Boston! Hello from Buffalo, NY. Concerning Lawyer Milloy going to the Bills, what is Patriots Managemnet thinking? He is still capable of putting up great numbers. I believe his assessment of the defense being less aggressive, thereby causing his stat numbers to go down is an accurate one. Management saw his stats go down and wrongfully assumed his best days are behind him. Same thing with Drew Bledsoe. They broke the cardinal rule of not sending a player to a division rival. The Patriots got nothing for Malloy and a first-round pick for Bledsoe, and both are now in Buffalo having made an impact in the Bills 31-0 win last week.
    Last night's victory in Philadelphis was huge, but the Eagles are injury-riddled and Donovan McNabb had a bad game for the second week in a row.---JEDI_SMURF

My reply...

Milloy's stats have gone done over the past four seasons.That being said, he's still a very good player.But not worth the over 5 million dollar cap hit. The Pats wanted to keep him and tried to do so but he refused to restructure his deal.Given the comments he made about conversations I think it's pretty clear there was some tampering going on which led him to his hard line stance on redoing his deal.Why restructure when you know you have a deal or two in other places.

As far as the Bills go, don't make yuor Super Bowl plans yet.Bledsoe is still your QB and a choke artist once the stakes get high and the chips are down. Once the big time comes he will fold. You can set your watch to it.

I think I hit pretty close to the mark. :D

18. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I think I hit pretty close to the mark.

I would agree.

19. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    Lawyer who? [face_laugh]

w00t! Need I say more? :D

20. TricksterGoddess11

TricksterGoddess11 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    The game today was so great!!! well for us anyway ^_^ I saw a sign during the game that said, "No LAWYER is above the LAW." tehe sorry just had to share, thought it was amusing.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I saw that sign too! It was a good one. What irony. The Pats deserve their week off to rest up. They will be playing the lowest seed after this weekend. I think that will be the Ravens. Indy should stomp the Broncos and I think that Baltimore will surprize the Titans.

22. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    If Denver beats Indy, the Pats will play Denver. If not, then the Pats will play the winner of the Titans-Ravens game.

23. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I would rather see Denver before either the Titans or Ravens. All 3 are good teams but the Broncos would be an easier opponent to deal with after having a week off.

24. TricksterGoddess11

TricksterGoddess11 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    yeah it would have been, to bad tho, yeah so I'm haveing a bunch of football crazed friends come over for the game, who about you guys? Doing anything special on the (almost) big day? and bty.. how do you think we'll do!?

25. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    I'll probably watch it with my dad and my brothers. What sucks is, I have to work that night, so I'm gonna miss the last half hour or so of the game. :(

We'll win. Definitely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.