main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2003 Season Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Hood, Sep 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    but even with their 2 championships they still haven't won as many as the Sox

Heh! If you take all the championships from the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox together, you will have one only two more championships than the Yankees themselves.

[Celtics 16, Red Sox 5, Bruins 5, and Patriots 1]

2. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    Steve Grogan! LOL! I used to babysit for his kids.

BJ's is selling unofficial AFC Champ T-shirts for $8.50. They're not bad if you're looking for one. I bought one that I intend to wear on Superbowl Sunday.

3. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Heh! If you take all the championships from the Patriots, Bruins, Celtics, and Red Sox together, you will have one only two more championships than the Yankees themselves.

C'mon Moby. Let's save the ammo for Red Sox bashing for the Red Sox thread. Can't we enjoy a little competition (other than the Sox/Yanks) here without the Yankees fans butting in to remind us of how pathetic we are and how bad the Sox choked and blah...blah...blah?

4. Alderaan_Viceroy

Alderaan_Viceroy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    I am not a Marlins Fan...I have not forgiven them for costing us that game against the Patsy's in October (the darn dirt infield). Also remember that the Dolphins have 2 Super Bowl Titles, you have one.

5. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    And it's only been what... 30 years since they won last time?

6. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    And your Red Sox won the series, what 100 years ago? Seems like it wasn't so long ago for the Dolphins was it?

7. Jedi_Hood

Jedi_Hood Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 10, 2000
    I think I should point out that, right now, the only thing that matters is that the Pats are in the Super Bowl, and Miami isn't. Who did what 30 or 100 years ago is irrelevant, likewise who won how many championships.

8. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    I agree with Jedi_Hood, this is starting to get a little off topic. Let's all put our petty opinions aside and come to an agreeance that regardless of what other teams aren't even in the SuperBowl or haven't won a championship in their respective championship game that there is one true fact that still remains...

THE PATS ARE GOING TO WIN THE SUPERBOWL!!!

This is my 1000th post :)! I remember when I thought that 500 was a lot!

9. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    Boy am I glad I don't have to watch the game with some people.

Why are we even bringing up other sports or other championship years?

As soon as the next season starts the previous season's champion means nothing to the new season.

So lets all calm down. Enjoy the game and relax until it starts.
    Then lets hope the Patriots cream the Panthers!!!!
    And if the Patriots lose..o well congrats to the Panthers.

Alderaan_Viceroy take a pill and lay down before you pop a blood vessel.
    Your team made it to the Superbowl..ok we know!!
    You can be proud but lets wait until the game is over. You are taking this too seriously ...ITS A GAME!!!

When the Patriots win will you make excuses for the Panthers..or will you lose gracefully?

10. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Your team made it to the Superbowl..ok we know!!

Actually, his team (Miami) didn't make it. I get the feeling that his simply rooting against the Pats out of sour grapes. Not that I blame him - if Miami was in instead of us, I'd be rooting for the Panthers too. :D

11. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Come on its been 2 years since that whole Tuck rule its time to move on. If thats the case the Vikings should have been in the playoffs not the Packers, The Red Sox and Cubs should have been in the world series (not to step on any toes I like the Red Sox better then the Damn Yankees) sometimes life doesnt go the way it is suppose to. This Superbowl is intersting because nobody in there wildest dreams would have thought the Pats and Cats would be here now but they are cause both great teams so they deserve it.

12. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    It's good to know the things I've heard about Boston sports fans are true (devoted). BTW I live in Charlotte six months out of the year, thats why I want the Panthers to win. If the Pats do win then I will be gracious, I mean you are not the Buffalo Bills (a team I truely loathe). So here's to a great game (I hope) next Sunday and may the best team win...BTW I did not intend to be a jerk, sorry if I came off that way....

13. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    "Nice try, jerk!" ;)

Nah, it's ok. These MA folk get defensive about their sports. Maybe cuz they don't win. Die, Yankees!

14. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    BTW I did not intend to be a jerk, sorry if I came off that way....

It's okay, we're all jerks too. :D

15. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Yeah. Sometimes all it takes is a little Red Sox bashing and things can get a little crazy in here.

16. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    They dont call us M*******s for nothing :D

17. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    So who do you think is gonna get MVP on Sunday? Brady, Law, Harrison? The possibilities are endless.

18. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Hmmm . . . defensive guys really have to have standout games to get it, and I think it'll be a total team defensive effort for the Panthers. Though if anyone on defense gets it, they'll probably just give it to Sam Mills. I figure NE will key in on Smith and Davis and it's just too storybook for Delhomme to get it, so my darkhorse pick for Super Bowl MVP is Mushin Muhammad, who will have a field day with one-on-one coverage.

19. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    Assuming Carolina wins, of course. :p

20. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    You guys aren't "M*******s." In fact, you're so nice, I've added you to my favorites, at least through the Super Bowl. If the Patriots win, I'll eat my humble pie and be thankful for a great season. Either way, you're all invited to our newly-formed ACC Basketball Thread in the Greenville, NC forum (see my sig for link). Since Boston College will be joining the fray next year, I wanted to throw out the invite, so feel free to stop by.

21. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    Not that Mushin Muhammad isn't a quality WR, but did you get a chance to see what Ty Law did to Marvin Harrison with man-to-man coverage? Law had as many picks in front of Harrison as Harrison had in receptions. If you think your WR's are going to have a field day with our secondary, you will be in for a surprize.

Edit: Thanks for the ACC invite, but I'm not much for basketball anymore (college or pro's).

22. Dal--Intrepid

Mar 13, 2002
    I just think Law is gonna be tied up with Steve Smith all day, which is fine because Muhammad can easily pick up the slack. Indy's WR's couldn't handle all the beating and banging NE hands out all day, they're finesse guys. Our WR's are used to physical secondaries as our guys made these "supposedly" tough secondaries of Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Philly look pretty ragged. I'm not discounting NE's secondary, but our WR's look forward to that type of physical play.

23. Alderaan_Viceroy

Jan 13, 2004
    The "Law" will be broken on Sunday. Bloodied and broken. Ricky Proehl is the man to fear, mark my words.
    Good luck "M*******s", may the best team win on Sunday...

24. Jedi_Outcast77

Jun 10, 2003
    may the best team win on Sunday...

Indeed. Unfortunately for you guys it isn't the Cats.

25. Jedi_Hood

Feb 10, 2000
    The "Law" will be broken on Sunday. Bloodied and broken.

I might stop laughing at that statement sometime this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.