main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Patriots 2006 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Wildstar02301, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    The Patriots recently made a couple of moves to address the defensive backfield, signing free agent cornerback Eric Warfield and free agent safety Mel Mitchell on consecutive days. The terms of both contracts were not immediately disclosed.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    has the regular season schedule been determined yet? I know the Pats are supposed to play Da Bears and I was wondering when that game is going to be. That would probably be one of the few times I will be able to see Da Bears in person for a while.

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The schedule comes out tomorrow, Jorge. The thing to remember about this year's schedule is that there's now something called "flexible scheduling", where, late in the season, the most attractive Sunday game can be moved to prime-time (the game that will be televised on NBC).

4. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    The Patriots' 2006 regular season schedule has been released. Here are the highlights:

Opening game: Sept. 10 v. Buffalo (1:00 PM ET start)

Sunday night games: Sept. 24 v. Denver, Nov. 5 v. Indianapolis (8:15 PM ET starts)

Monday night games: Oct. 30 @ Minnesota (8:30 PM ET start)

Bye week: Week 6

There appears to be all 1:00 PM ET starts after the Indy game, but keep in mind that a Sunday afternoon game can be moved to Sunday night (8:15 PM ET) starting in week 10. Both teams will be notified of any schedule change 12 days before the game is scheduled to be played.

According to Mike Reiss' "Reiss' Pieces" blog on Boston.com, the Patriots have found their replacement for Adam Vinatieri: the man they called "Automatica" in Tampa Bay, Martin Gramatica. Also, a familiar face will be returning to the secondary: no, not Ty Law...safety Tebucky Jones. [face_laugh]

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I just looked at the schedules and it looks like the Pats and Bears game is Nov 26th. Which would be great, but unfortunately I may have other plans that day and won't be able to go or watch the game. More on why later. lol

6. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Alrighty folks, time to bid farewell to the individual sports threads. From here on out feel free to post away about all things Patriots here:

The 2006 Boston Sports Thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.