main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The mostly official Paul S. Kemp Duology thread (no, it's not canceled)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by max-attac, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. max-attac

max-attac Jedi Knight star 1

May 23, 2009
    Having no news of this duology since two years, I wonder if it wouldn't have been canceled, joining Blood Oath Mandorla in limbo.

It would be a shame not to continue the story of Jaden Korr and his problems of dual (Jedi / Imperial) or even triple (Jedi / Imperial / Sith) personalities. Furthermore, the story of Grace (genetical half sister of Ben, daughter of Kam) and Soldier (genetical twin of Korr), as well as those of the One Sith and Idi-Shael, should be developed.

If someone goes to the NYCC Del Rey panel this Friday, that would be nice if he could ask the editors about it.

2. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    Scared me there for a sec. Supposedly it's top secret and stuff.

Of course, if it does get cancelled, I demand to know what it would have been about.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well I saw one of the editors, Erich, last week at SW Reads Day and did in fact ask him about it. All he could say was that it is happening, and Paul Kemp has been working long and hard on it.

And last time someone asked on their Facebook page all they said was basically "patience".

CeiranHarmony and Robimus like this.
  4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I hope we find out what it is about soon. I'm getting impatient to know what it is about

5. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Come now, the Trioculus biopic isn't something that can be rushed, my good fellow.

6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    My sources indicate that it's an intense domestic drama about Odie and Erk's married life.

7. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    If it happens to include domestic abuse, sign me up.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm probably one of the only ones that liked Jedi Trial and really care what happened to those two characters so I really want to know what happened to those two.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  9. GrandMasterKatarn

GrandMasterKatarn Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 8, 2008
    Same. I like Jedi Trial and wish to know more about the fates of Odie and Erk

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  10. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I was hoping this duology would pick up where we left off with Riptide but now I have my doubts. I can't think of any reason to keep a sequel to Riptide secret for two years.

11. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I'd like to say I was still optimistic... but the last time they kept talking about "patience" it turned out to be Del Rey speak for "never happening". [face_plain]

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I just want it to be after his last appearance in FotJ. It is mildly pointless if he appears pre-Abyss again.

13. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Perhaps it's a Kyle Katarn duology? He has to get his apprentice out of trouble yet again. That would certainly be worth keeping a secret :D

14. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    It would have to be Infinites then. If Kyle were to go after those responsible for Jaden's suffering, the One Sith wouldn't be around for Legacy.

15. Hope

Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 1999
    I swear I must be the only person who does not think that Kyle Katarn is all that. But I do hope they start dropping some hints soon because this whole secrecy thing is starting to get a little ridiculous.

16. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    That's perfectly fine, I accept your atheistic viewpoint, even if I can't fully condone it.

17. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Not only have the One Sith (or at least, another Sith faction) appeared on the Jedi Council's sensors, but they've got to contend with Jaina "Sword of the Jedi" now, too"!

18. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Except they haven't appeared on Kyle Katarn's sensors yet. If they had, well... like I said before:
    [​IMG]

19. beccatoria

beccatoria Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    The only thing I enjoy about Kyle Katarn are the jokes. ;)

20. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I also enjoy how Caedus threw a speeder at him and turned him into a skewer. :D

21. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    The Lightsaber was the skewer, Sinre! Don't you mean a cocktail-sausage?

22. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Anyone who's played Jedi Knight knows that Force push isn't Kyle's best ability, otherwise he would have just pushed the speeder away. On the other hand, he's a god when it comes to Force pull (pulling five Sith at a time is what I'm talking about), so the only logical conclusion is that Kyle was attempting to use his godly Force pull ability, but the speeder got caught instead and it slammed into him at the speed of an out of control jet fighter and with the might of an Olympian god. In the end, this proved to be an inconvenience, and allowed Caedus the necessary time to escape while Kyle was dusting himself off.

If there ever was a man to be undone by his own awesomeness, it's Kyle.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    The everything I enjoy about Kyle Katarn includes the jokes.

24. Tim Battershell

Sep 3, 2012
    Havac

Just re-read Darth Plagueis - you're apparently mentioned on Page 301!

25. instantdeath

Jul 22, 2010
    Nah, there's a Luceno villain in Cloak of Deception by the name of Havac, I do believe. Though he obviously stole the name.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.