main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Paul S Kemp is under contract to do one more SW novel

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Sep 2, 2015.

?

What era should Paul Kemp's new possible SW novel should take place?

1. In the PT era

14 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. Between ROTJ and The Force Awakens with the Big 3

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  3. In the ST era set between TFA & Episode VIII with Poe,Rey and Finn

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    On an interview on Reddit. SW author Paul S Kemp is under contract to do at least one more SW novel and he could do many more SW novels after that. Kemp was supposed to do a SW HC duology back in 2010. Is it still on?? And when will it take place? In the PT era or possibly the ST era to feature the Big 3 and/or the new ST characters to be set sometime between ROTJ & TFA? I would vote for the latter. I would love to see Kemp take on an adventure with the First Order in an early conflict with the Resistance. Would we see the Knights of Ren in Kemp's new potential SW book? Or even an early appearance or adventure of Kylo Ren before TFA or even Snoke perhaps. I think Kemp would be awesome in writing a novel about Luke having and adventure before going to exile or Han and Chewie flying the Falcon before losing it to whatever criminal gang that will appear in TFA or Leia having early battles with the First Order Fleet vs her Resistance Fleet.

Or there is another possibility is that Kemp could do the first EU novel outside the ST and set after TFA and before Episode VIII to feature Poe Dameron,Rey and Finn and even Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren similar to Rogue Planet was featuring Anakin and Obi-Wan between TPM & AOTC.

2. Ackbar's Fishsticks

Ackbar's Fishsticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 25, 2013
    There's an option missing, which is "between the prequel era and original era, same as his Lords of the Sith book."

My favorite part of that book was Syndulla's Twi'lek insurgent group, and I'd love to see him write another novel this time focusing entirely on them. No idea if he'd be interested in that, but it's my vote.

3. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Big Three

4. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
  5. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Great news. Loved Lords of the Sith and Deceived so I'm all for more Kemp SW books. I've yet to read the Jaden Korr books, hopefully in the near future.

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Kemp should do more books centered around sith. Maybe...a Bane novel?

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I've considered all of Kemp's Star Wars books to be flawed but generally good, so I'm not displeased to hear this.

8. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Sword of the Jedi.

trololol.

9. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    I mean LOTS wasn't bad but there's a lot of ways it could have been better.

10. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Or whatever that mysterious duology was.

Darth_Henning likes this.
  11. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    2010 wants its meme back

Davak24 likes this.
  12. Darth_SHOT

Darth_SHOT Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 11, 2004
    So bummed he didn't get the chance to finish the crosscurrent story. Absolutely loved it.

Decieved was ok and i liked LOTS too, but for a book about Sith it didn't have enough of them for my tastes.

I hope he does something vader related. He nailed it on the last book imo.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

13. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Hush. That meme is timeless.

JoeBiWanKenobi likes this.
  14. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I want a novel-length explanation of wtf happened to the duology, because at this point it had better be a long damn story.

15. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I seriously want them to at least tell us what it was supposed to be, instead of basically acting like it doesn't even exist anymore.

16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    5 years. 5. Years. The Legends announcement was 4 years after that. Not cool at all.

17. Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2015
    I would think that they would do a big 3 story to give a more detailed telling of there adventures. Unless they just go all out and re cast them and make movies.......( I really hope that won't happen but you never know)

18. Jorus C'Baoth 2882

Jorus C'Baoth 2882 Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 18, 2015
    I'd like it if he'd write a book about Snoke or maybe Darth Bane. Kemp's at his best when he's delving into the Dark Side.

Darkslayer and darklordoftech like this.
  19. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Trololol is dead, Jim.

20. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014

Exactly, I expect that's what will happen. Kemp fleshed out plenty of interesting rebel characters in LOTS, so it'd be cool to see him return to these.

21. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    Kemp really shines with more creative freedom. His Jaden Korr books were awesome.

I'd like to see him explore more fringe characters.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Give me Jaden Korr or give me death.

I'll just be digging my grave now already.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    I hope he revisits his characters in his first two SW novels Crosscurrent and Riptide. Maybe they could team up with Rey,Finn and even Poe from TFA and the ST. I hope he does some stuff set in the Unknown Regions. Crosscurrent and Riptide I think were briefly set there. I hope Kemp does some UR stuff in the new canon possibly to tie into TFA and the ST.

24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A novel about young Kylo would be awesome. He could give more depth to a character that we can only watch a limited amount of time on screen. It would enhance both experiences, reading the books (because its easy to envision his looks and fighting style) as well as watching the movies (because you now know more clearly what is going on in his head).

Zorrixor likes this.
  25. StarLorrd

StarLorrd Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 18, 2014

This. Crosscurrent was by far his best work. It's one of my favourite star wars novels. (Riptide was a bit weird and not quite there for mine).