main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Paul's new art

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by NekoKaiju, Jan 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NekoKaiju

NekoKaiju Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    My old fanart thread seems to be gone so I thought I would start a new one.
    Here a picture I did for DarthArtsy's Yoda contest
    DarthArtsy's Yoda contest
    [image=http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/7678/yodacontest0xc.jpg]

2. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wow, that is really nice, Paul. It really pops out at you like it is 3D. Wonderful work at shading. How did you make it? Is it done with paint on paper, or digitally?

AG88

3. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Wow he's beautiful! I love the Old Master's feel the to the drawing and sketch. It's also nice seeing an OT rendering version of Yoda :)

How did you make him? Was he done in a computer or traditional rendering?

4. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    :eek: Great picture! Looks excellent. Would love to see more of your stuff!

5. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Wow...did u use Corel Painter??

6. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    What a beautiful portrait of Yoda!! This looks like it was done with charcoal on colored paper--am I right? The smooothness of the tones and shading really make this leap off the page, and I totally agree with the "3-D" comment above--he looks quite real enough to touch! An amazing piece--thank you for sharing it!

FF

7. NekoKaiju

Jan 23, 2004
    Sorry about not replying sooner. Thanks for the very kind words.
    Yoda was done in a similar fashion to Camie below.
    I drew the images in pencil first and then scan into photoshop and paint over digitally.
    And yes parts of Yoda's shading was done with charcoal. I didn't realize it was noticeable since I had painted over those parts, good eye.

[image=http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/127/camie723fi.jpg]

8. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Another beautiful drawing, Paul!!=D=

AG88

9. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, that's beautiful! :eek: I love it! [face_love]

=D= Would love to see more!

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow...how did I miss this thread? :eek:

You are very talented, Paul! Your art is very unique and it has a lot of professional qualities. Your recent drawing of Camie is just wonderful! I love the line work and the sketchy feel that extends as we move into the background. Please continue to post more of your work! :D

11. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Wonderful! Very natural colors despite the digitalness. That Yoda looks like he's straight out of Return of the Jedi! Outstanding!!!

12. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Ooooo!! This is just gorgeous, Paul! =D= I totally agree with HanSolo29 that there's a very professional look to this, with her looking into the frame (stunning likeness, btw!) and the station buildings ghosted in behind her, along with the twin suns... The tonal framing you've done (and the quote--excellent!) really gives it a finished feel, too. Amazing piece once again! =D=

FF

13. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Wow, impressive! Yoda has got a photo-real look to him, and I love the Camie piece! I don't think I've ever seen Camie artwork before, so kudos on a really original idea. Keep it up!

14. NekoKaiju

Jan 23, 2004
    Again thank you for all the kind comments.
    Been trying to break into the business for a while with some tiny success.
    I have done work for Fantasy Flight Games, but really looking into doing work for Lucasfilm, oh well I can dream and do fun Star Wars stuff on the side.

Here's an older one of mine, a female pilot.

[image=http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3217/pilot4sa.png]

15. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful, just like the others, Paul! I just love the way you light your subjects--the shadows and highlights are beautifully done! The detailing on the flightsuit here is excellent, right down to the control panels and helmet--and I love that she's still got that helmet tucked under her arm, even with her weapon drawn in preparation for an obvious threat! I really like the sienna-toned medium you're using (or is that a PS element...?), and the geometric graphics that you employ in each piece, whether it's framing or the b/g shapes you use, as in this piece: very unique and very effective visually. I wish you all the best in getting a LFL license--with work of this quality, I can't imagine they wouldn't be falling all over themselves to add you to their talent "stable!" :D Lovely stuff--and we'll be looking forward to more!

FF

16. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent update, Paul! I'm really getting into your style! The way you've drawn this pilot, she reminds me a lot of Bria Tharen from the Han Solo Trilogy. Maybe it's the rust color of the overall piece, but that was my first impression of it. Very nicely done!

And good luck with a career in the business! I'm sure you'll go far! :D

17. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    Holy moly! You got some awesome stuff! Wish that new pic was bigger!

18. Todan

Todan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 3, 2006
    Wow Paul your pics are impressive most impressive lol, keep up the good work mate hope to see more.

Todan
    [face_peace] [face_hypnotized] =D=

19. academygrad88

Apr 6, 2004
    Great job, Paul on that female pilot. I like the coloring and her pose. You did an excellent job!

AG88

20. Sometimes_normal

Sometimes_normal Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    Oh Force! Your art is so beautiful. I like the colors and your excellent shading..:D Good work!

21. Daenna

Daenna Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2006
    Just want to let you know that I love your female pilot. She could be a female version of Luke ;)

22. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    That female pilot is fantastic! I wish it were larger to show off the detail. Very nice stuff!

23. mMathab

mMathab Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2001
    NekoKaiju, can you give us a wallpaper size version for the Cami drawing?

Thanks!

24. NekoKaiju

Jan 23, 2004
  25. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Just as an FYI, Paul: we're not allowed to do any "advertising" in the Fan Art Forum--it's a no-no. You can include a website in your sig, but offering things for sale in your thread isn't allowed--just so you know.

BTW--any luck in getting on as an LFL licensed artist? Just curious if you're having any success in that...

FF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.