main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Paving the Road to Hell-(ROTS vignette) Darth Vader's first mission *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JDH3, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Disclaimer: I own nothing! It?s all George Lucas' world; I?m just hanging out for a while. Sue me and get nothing. I?m in charity work aka nearly broke.

Author Note: This piece is spoiler and rumor heavy, so if you want to remain spoiler free, turn back now. Got it? As with all spoilers and rumors, I make no guarantees concerning their accuracy. But whatever the truth, they work for this viggie. And isn?t that what matters, after all? :confused: ;)

Title: Paving the Road to Hell
    Characters: Darth Vader
    Type: Vignette
    Era: ROTS
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: Darth Vader?s thoughts as he prepares for his first mission as a Sith apprentice.
    Author: JD.
    Feedback: Want it, need it, crave it- clear enough? :confused:

Paving the Road to Hell

?Lord Darth Vader,? he whispered to himself, trying to become acquainted with the new title. Strangely, he found that the name his master, Darth Sidious, had bestowed upon him sounded rather natural. He hadn?t expected that at all. What will Padme think of it? He wondered idly.

His wife; she would be surprised by his new allegiance to the Sith. However, she would see things his way in time. He would make her understand that this was for the best. He was doing this to save her life, to give their child the one thing he had missed most growing up in the exclusive halls of the Jedi Temple: a mother. How could it be wrong to fight for your child?s future; your family?s future?

There would be those who would call him a traitor, but they were fools. The Jedi were the true traitors. They claimed to protect the Republic?s citizenry, yet it had been one of their most esteemed members who had tried to execute the Chancellor. Even after he had explained that he needed Sidious alive in order to save Padme?s life, Master Windu had still refused to be reasonable. He had been willing to allow his former brethren to arrest the Chancellor; that seemed fair given the fact that he was a Sith master. But Master Windu had insisted that he had to die, that any trial would be a joke. How could they just execute the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic without at least some semblance of a trial?!

But isn?t that what you did to Dooku? A small voice in the back of his mind argued. No, that had been different, he assured himself. The Separatists were not a legal government like the Republic, or the Empire his master would soon create. Dooku and his kind had been little more than well-armed terrorists, creating chaos at every opportunity. Things would be better now, though. Now the galaxy would have order, and with that order would come peace.

Peace? The word had become almost foreign to his ears, after so many years of war. It was a state he had enjoyed only briefly, while in the arms of his beloved wife, and he craved more. But first there was business to tend to; there were the Jedi. He and members of the 501st legion were to sterilize the Jedi Temple in preparation for his Master?s speech before the senate. Try as he might, he couldn?t make himself completely comfortable with his duty, but he would do what he must. What choice did he have, really? The only option was to do nothing, and watch his dear wife die. How could any man, any husband and father-to-be sit idly by in the face of such circumstances when something could be done to correct them?

However, his master had informed him that simply learning the ancient Sith secrets to stave off death was not in itself enough to insure his success. No, he would first have to feed the darkness within him, and allow it to bloom. Only when that was done would he be powerful enough to prevent people from dying. Only then could he save his angel from the grim fate he himself had foreseen.

Sensing that his gunship was fast approaching the Jedi Temple, he set his jaw firmly in place. His entire body burned with an energy the likes of which he had never felt before, not even after his mother?s death. Inhuman eyes scanned the interior of the gunship, slowly passing over each of h

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

...definitely, the road to hell is filled with good intentions. The sad thing is that it doesn't make the end result better, but gives us so much sympathy for the pathos of the fallen.

Very believable and well done!

3. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Very true to what I think plays out, and it's so sad watching an angel fall all the way to hell created unknowingly mostly by himself(where he stays until his son can help him out). You've given that scene a lot of depth. Great job!

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    JD: Whoah.

Impressive... most impressive... :D

- The Imperial Ewok

5. agentj

agentj Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 3, 2004
    oooOOOoooOOOooo! [face_devil] You're sending shivers down my spine. The only thing better than having Vader return back to the light is having Anakin sliding into the dark. I am so revved for this movie! [face_dancing]

6. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Great job! Not easy to write about this... you did well!

I wonder about the reaction of the die-hard A/P fans- can they forgive him her death? can they accept that some of the horrors would be committed for her?

7. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    :eek: :eek:

Whoa! This literally gave me chills. Seriously.

she would be surprised by his new allegiance to the Sith. However, she would see things his way in time. He would make her understand that this was for the best.

He and members of the 501st legion were to sterilize the Jedi Temple in preparation for his Master?s speech before the senate.

Anakin/Vader's twisted reasoning, his cool, calm, logical tone when explaining his motivations...again, just chilling. *shivers*

Truly excellent, JDH3.

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Completely blew me away! I think this is very likely exactly what he would think during this time. =D= Bravo!

9. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    this was very good you could taste the toughts behind what he was doing.

10. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    LadyPadme:Very believable and well done!

Thank you, and I?m glad you think so. :)

rhonderoo: Very true to what I think plays out, and it's so sad watching an angel fall all the way to hell created unknowingly mostly by himself(where he stays until his son can help him out). You've given that scene a lot of depth. Great job!

Yes, it will be tragic to watch his fall, given that it could have been prevented. I?m glad you thought I added some depth to such a pivotal scene. :)

Thrawn McEwok: JD: Whoah.

:D

Impressive... most impressive...

I?ll happily take your word on that. :D

agentj: oooOOOoooOOOooo! You're sending shivers down my spine. The only thing better than having Vader return back to the light is having Anakin sliding into the dark. I am so revved for this movie!

Causing shivers= :cool:

LadyZ: Great job! Not easy to write about this... you did well!

True, it wasn?t easy to write about this particular moment. I?m happy you enjoyed it.

I wonder about the reaction of the die-hard A/P fans- can they forgive him her death? can they accept that some of the horrors would be committed for her?

Good question. [face_thinking]

Gina: Whoa! This literally gave me chills. Seriously.

:cool:

Anakin/Vader's twisted reasoning, his cool, calm, logical tone when explaining his motivations...again, just chilling. *shivers*

I had much the same experience writing it, so I?m pleased it carried over to my readers. :D

Truly excellent, JDH3.

[face_blush] Thank you. :)

VaderLVR64: Wow! Completely blew me away! I think this is very likely exactly what he would think during this time. Bravo!

[face_blush] Such kind words, and I thank you for them. I?m just glad people enjoyed my little take on Vader/Anakin?s thoughts. :)

Darth_Djinn: this was very good you could taste the toughts behind what he was doing.

Yay! :D I was hoping that would be the case.

11. Arriss

Arriss Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2002
    Oh...my...GOD!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm going to :_| !!!!!!!!

Hauntingly beautiful, JD. I'm glad you didn't describe Anakin using his saber on those teens. :_| From what I understand he doesn't kill any of the younglings *crosses fingers that that is true*.

=D= A very good viggy!!! You cut to the emotions on this one!

12. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    I loved it! I do beg for a sequel though.... the slaughter itself!

13. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    Very nicely done! It was quite powerful and you portrayed his feelngs so well! =D=

14. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Arriss: Oh...my...GOD!!!

Well, it would seem I got your attention. [face_mischief]

I'm going to :_| !!!!!!!!

Yeah, I felt much the same way about it.

Hauntingly beautiful, JD. I'm glad you didn't describe Anakin using his saber on those teens. From what I understand he doesn't kill any of the younglings *crosses fingers that that is true*.

Aww, shucks. [face_blush] Thank you! :) I really didn?t see the need to show the actual slaughter at all. My feeling is that Vader will be on autoplilot like he was during the Tusken slaughter, so there won?t be many thoughts.

A very good viggy!!! You cut to the emotions on this one!

Thanks again, and I was trying to get to the heart of the matter. I?m pleased it worked. :)

kyp_durron_fan_2009: I loved it! I do beg for a sequel though.... the slaughter itself!

Thanks! :D I?ll think about a follow-up piece.

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon: Very nicely done! It was quite powerful and you portrayed his feelngs so well!

Glad you think I got Vader/Anakin?s feelings down well. :)

15. kyp_durron_fan_2009

kyp_durron_fan_2009 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Yay! Follow-up!

16. cleveland1000

cleveland1000 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 15, 2004
    very very cool I loved this entire post. very kick ass job JDH3!

17. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    Good stuff.

You definitely need to write more so we can continue Vader's dark trip down the "road to hell".

18. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Author Note: If anyone is interested in a different take on Vader, the Empire, and EP3 in general, feel free to swing on over to Rise of the Empire. Warning, like this viggie, it contains major spoilers for ROTS.

kyp_durron_fan_2009: Yay! Follow-up!

Still trying to come up with ideas for it.

cleveland1000: very very cool I loved this entire post. very kick ass job JDH3!

:cool: :cool:

JediMindTrick000: Good stuff.

:D Thanks! :D

You definitely need to write more so we can continue Vader's dark trip down the "road to hell"

I?ll see what I can do.

19. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Up!

20. Reihla

Reihla Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    That was wonderful JD! Just exactly what I could imagine Anakin thinking and feeling at that point. Actually, he's so rational that it is easy to lose sight of how misguided he really is. Thanks for giving us his POV. :)

21. Jedi-Chucky

Jedi-Chucky Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    Wow great story! It was clearly thought out and the story came across really clear, great job!

22. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Reihla: That was wonderful JD! Just exactly what I could imagine Anakin thinking and feeling at that point. Actually, he's so rational that it is easy to lose sight of how misguided he really is. Thanks for giving us his POV.

You?re welcome, and, of course, thank you very much for the kind review. :)

Jedi-Chucky: Wow great story! It was clearly thought out and the story came across really clear, great job!

Thanks! :D I'm happy to hear it came across well. :cool:

23. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Up!

24. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    anakin had good intentions:( i hate palpatine[face_frustrated] he must die:mad:

:mad: :mad: :_| = cries out of anger

25. JediMindTrick000

JediMindTrick000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2004
    I do believe the Star Wars saga is based heavily on the theory of good intentions, and you illustrated that perfectly in this vignette. Excellent insight into Vader's thoughts, and really just a gripping piece. Great job, JDH3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.