main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Payfor A V-Day fic for DarthIshtar. Posted on 2/12/2009

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RK_Striker_JK_5, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    This is a V-day request for Ish. She asked for a missing scene from her wonderful fic To Cast Away Stones The title's intentional, by the way. Happy V-Day, Ish. :D [:D]

The italics section is from the novel 'The Paradise Snare' by AC Crispin.

Here we go!

Han pulled at the collar of his uniform as he waited stood outside the Senate chamber. A younger man stood on the other side of the door, a native Alderaanian-unlike the time displaced Solo. Once more, Han groaned at the thought of being stuck twenty-one years in the past, trying to find out Darth Vader's identity and not completely muck up the timeline.

His fellow guard glanced at him, shaking his head and flashing him a rueful grin. ?Bored?? he asked.

?Maybe a little,? Han admitted, wracking his brain for his partner's name. Damn it, I can almost see it in-

?Oh, I'm Mardsen Latham,? he said. Mardsen motioned to his name tag and flashed Solo a toothy smile. ?Don't worry. I'm not sure you've heard my first name.?

Han nodded, keeping his face straight as an old memory assaulted him...

?So what?? Han said. ?I don't know you.?

?Mardsen Latham,? the man said, flashing a holo-ID badge under Han's nose. Alderaanian Internal Security Force.?

The doors opened and Bail Organa strode out, his senate robes swishing quietly on the floor. Han and Mardsen fell into step beside him as he made a beeline for his office, face scrunched intensely and hands clenched into fists.

?Wonder what's bothering him,? Mardsen whispered to Han.

?Beats me,? he replied. His eyes glanced to the side as they approached an corridor intersection. A Bothan stepped from around the bend, furry hand reaching inside his jacket interior...

Mardsen automatically stepped in front of Bail, hands dropping to his side and the BlasTech pistol holstered there. Han did likewise, both men forming a barrier as the Bothan unholstered a small holdout blaster from within. ?Die, Republic nekk!? he screeched, spittle flying from his mouth even as he pulled the trigger, sending out bright red bolts of plasma energy.

Han shoved Mardsen to the side with one arm while the other quickdrew his trusty DL-44 from the nerf hide holster at his belt. He fired a few quick shots, catching the Bothen in the upper chest and spinning him around while two of the blaster bolts hit him, one scorching his leg and the other impacting with his shoulder. He fell in a heap, sliding off Mardsen's body and rolling slightly.

?Medic!? he heard someone shout, even as the blinding pain dimmed down to a dull ache. He saw the dark features of Mardsen hovering over him. ?You're gonna be all right, Han. Han?? His face looked to the side, just before darkness washed over Han's vision...

Consciousness returned in fits and starts, mostly a bluish haze with odd blobs floating in it. Every once in a while, a hand appeared, but it quickly disappeared. After some indeterminate time, Han felt a tugging on the breathing mask clamped to his face. He glanced up and his legs instinctively kicked, sending him to the top of the bacta tank.

A nurse helped him out of the large transparisteel cylinder and onto a grate, letting the last of the healing fluid slough off. He wrapped a towel around Han's back and helped him onto a hoverchair. ?Vitals are stable,? he reported.

Han nodded as the nurse helped him down a ramp and to the durasteel floor below. Leia stood there, along with Mardsen. ?You all right?? Mardsen asked.

Han grunted and raised his left arm, wincing. ?I'll live. Maybe,? he said.

Leia shook her head. ?He's too stubborn to die.? She turned to Mardsen and bowed her head. ?Thank you for getting him help so quickly.?

Mardsen waved her off. ?He saved my life and the senator's.? And with that, he turned to Han and knelt down, patting him on the shoulder. ?Thanks, buddy.?

Han shook his head and waved him off. ?Let's just call it even.?

Please read and review. Up

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Very nice AU to the AU to the movie. I want more on marsden.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.