main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[PC, 360, PS3] Gotham City Imposters!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Sep 23, 2011.

1. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Gotham City Imposters is an interesting look at the residents of Gotham City who live with Batman and villains like Joker in their day to day life. At the start of The Dark Knight there are a bunch of guys dressed up as Batman who are trying to fight crime. GCI is like that but with more guns and guys dressed up as Joker too. 6 Vs 6, Order (Batman) Vs Chaos (Joker), FPS fun.

I'm excited because I like Batman but it's not Batman, it's me kind of vaguely dressed as Batman and kicking butt!

Closed beta will be starting soon, and I've been invited to take part, so I'll be sure to let you all know what it's like. Hopefully I'll see you all in Gotham when it's out next year!

Official Site.
    Official Facebook page.
    Official Twitter.

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    This looks awesome, cheers Elk!

3. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    There's an 'open' beta coming to 360 and PS3! It's open in that anyone can apply but there are a limited number of keys so not everyone can get in.

Here's the link you need.

4. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    So is it just a multiplayer affair, or is there a single-player campaign attached?

5. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I've signed up as per your link, thanks a lot Elk, hope I get an invite!

6. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    It does seem to be multiplayer only, which is fine. It looks like a whole lot of crazy fun.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    EuroGame and Gamespot are giving out keys to the console beta. They probably won't last long so head on over and get one. It's a 1.74GB download on the 360, and at the rate I'm going it'll take all night. Stupid internets. Oh well, it'll be awesome once I get to play it!

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    The public beta is live! Go get your key and start playing!

9. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts on this game.
    [image=http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/394122_10150565279991633_59685491632_9189846_808809164_n.jpg]

10. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    Tried the demo. Pretty fun

11. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Aside from being Batman related it's also one of the most original shooters I've played in a long time. The customisation is fantastic and funny, the weapons and gadgets are great, and the whole thing is just fun. There's also a tie-in thing that was in the Detective Comics series and is now out as a TPB. Also, what could be better than cruising round on roller skates in a pair of 'Tighty Crime Fighties' with a towel for a cape and shooting Jokerz with rockets made from soft drink bottles?

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I downloaded the demo...hope to try it out sometime this week. Not a big fan of 1st person games, let alone multiplayer ones, but this looks goofy and fun enough to try out.

13. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    They recently released a whole load of costume bits, a few new weapons, and a new map, all for free! Not only that but for every round completed you get 10 extra costume coins! Haven't used the new weapons but the new map is lots of fun and I can't wait to buy some of the new costume pieces. This game is too cool. :cool: