main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference PC creation problem

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by DarthPsycotis, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPsycotis

DarthPsycotis Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2011
    I have a problem, my GM set a game without force sensitivity, I made a lightsaber fighter but i need him to block and deflect, i argued General grevievous did this in no3 but he says i have to find out what others think about it and what they would do, i told him my idea, make talents in the WS talent tree saying Attack bonus instead of UsF. What do you think?

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I have a problem, my GM set a game without force sensitivity

Well, the GM creates the physical laws for you game world, so first up, your game has no Force Sensitivity, period.

You and your character are going to have to adapt to that, rather than force the GM to change their idea to suit one player. That risks them losing interest in the project, and the game dying prematurely.

I made a lightsaber fighter

Do you need to have a lightsabre fighter in this game? Or can you create another more suitable character, and use lightsabre guy/girl/sentient plant in a different game?

but i need him to block and deflect

Okay. In this game with no Sensitivity, you need to compensate for not having the Force. Eg.
    - he needs to know how to hide behind things;
    - if he cannot block after an enemy has fired their blaster, maybe he should attack first, like Han versus Greedo in the cantina;
    - think about wearing blaster/lightsabre resistant armour. Mandalorian suits, not counting the metal plates, are made from ceraweave, which does just that;
    - Make your character a really good martial artist, so he can feasibly have faster reflexes than your Average Joe;
    - research how to disarm people with guns and swords, even select suitable films, like Mel Gibson in the Lethal Weapon franchise;
    - don't be afraid to run away.

make talents in the WS talent tree saying Attack bonus instead of UsF.

...I don't know what that means.

Basically, adapt your character to fit the created world. Might be interesting to adapt him in-game, where he remembers being Force Sensetive before, but now, along with the rest of the world, isn't. How does he feel about that?

Does he run into doors now because he cannot use the Force to open them as he approaches.

Adapt. Have fun.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    He's talking about Saga Edition, basically d20's RPG system for Star Wars.

4. Dinkus_Mayhem

Dinkus_Mayhem Jedi Master star 3

May 4, 2006
    Win!

Also, really I agree with Sith-I-5 on all accounts here. There are many options to follow. His mention of a butt kicking Mando who's primary weapon is a vibrosword, but also has enough skill with a blaster rifle or hand held to get himself out of trouble in a firefght.

Also, if there is no Force in the game...how would one create a lightsaber? Isn't the Force an essential tool in creating a lightsaber? I think it is.

5. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I also think he talks about Saga. And as you might have realized, some people around here don´t know what the hell you are talking about. :p This is post-by-post none rules writing boards. So they won´t be able to help you. You find the Wizards related board in the GAMES section of the board.

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    But they won't help you either, nobody posts there.:p

I know a bit of Saga rules, so let me check this out.

my GM set a game without force sensitivity

Could you clarify this? Do you still have access to Force points for their various "luck" boosts, or have they been completely removed?

i told him my idea, make talents in the WS talent tree saying Attack bonus instead of UsF

Minimum attack requirement? Or do they boost attack? The former seems reasonable if a bit unorthodox, the latter is a strict no-no as it would badly unbalance the game.

Other than that, I don't see any mechanical issues and I think you should go for it. Screw canon - there's a listed price on lightsabers, and hell if you aren't going to buy them!

7. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    [image=http://www.hogwild.net/images/Misc/cheerleaders-usc-pom-poms.jpg]

R for RAW!
    R for RAW!
    Don't matter what the fluff says,
    R for RAW!

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.