main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PC Gamers - Is a ZBoard worth the money?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CloneCommander07, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneCommander07

CloneCommander07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2004
    I've been thinking about getting a ZBoard for myself but I've heard mixed reviews about it. Some people say the buttons are too small with a bad layout and others say it's one of the best gaming keyboards money can buy. Just wanted to see what other people think.

I'm a huge Battlefield 2 player (almost 130hrs. so far) and there is a custom keyset offered by ZBoard that I could get with it. I also wanted to know if the actual main gaming board is compatible with many shooter games like Halo, Battlefield 1942, 'Nam, America's Army, SW: Battlefront, Call of Duty, or Jedi Knight. Those are the games I mostly play.

Any imput would be great. Also, if you have any alternative gaming keyboard suggestions, feel free to add those too. Thanks.

2. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    WASD has always been there for me, in the good times and the bad.
    WASD is my friend forever, because WASD makes me glad.
    When people mock my dear WASD, I can feel nothing but sad.
    Then the rage takes over, they don't like me when I'm mad.

So, like, what's wrong with keyboards? :p They've done the job properly for ages, and really, the only reason people struggle with them is because they only have 5 fingers to do anything with.

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    The ZBoard looks cool and all that, but it's a bit gimmicky. There's just no point in investing in one when the good, old fashioned 6 buck keyboard you got with your machine does exactly the same job just as well. There have been so many attempts over the years to try and come out with a replacement controller for FPS games, but mouse/keyboard is so effective that nothing can compete, or indeed needs to compete. Save your money, dude.

4. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    One last thing to add, Zboards are pretty durable, but not nearly worth the price.

Edit: Possibly a better investment since you play BF2 a lot is a joystick. I'm telling you it brings a whole new level to when you jump in a plane.

5. Jedi_Nath

Jedi_Nath Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 30, 2005
    Zboard= Gimmick

My general controls on an english qwerty keyboard is:
    W=Forward
    S=Backward
    A=Strafe left
    D=Strafe right
    Q=Jump
    E=Duck
    R=Reload
    Shift=Walk

6. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    I tend to stay with the normal settings in most games

One thing I tend to change is:

Shift = Duck
    Ctrl = Walk/Run

And if we're talking about BF2, well that's another story, lots of changers there. Not to mention UP THAT MOUSE SENSITIVITY. It's your friend.

7. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I've also heard that Z-boards tend to break really easily and their customer service is non-existant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.