main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I loved the original warcraft games so I'm looking forward to the next one. Blizzard aren't exactly known for their prompt releases though (Starcraft and Diablo II both over a year later than expected for example).
    One game that I'm cautiously looking forward to is Duke Nukem forever. When Duke Nukem 3d was out I liked it much better than its main competitor Quake. I was excited about this sequel when I saw screenshots a couple of years ago. It's been so long now and so many other incredible games have come out in the meantime that I suspect it might go the way of Daikatana.
    As for games I'm playing now - since receiving my fathers day present, I'm addicted to The Sims (got the pack with the game and 2 expansions). I know a lot of you probably aren't in to the Sim style games but I loved Som City 2k & 3k. This has proven to be just as addictive. How can you stop playing a game that has no end!

2. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    With the sims, have you done the get rich quick scheme?

what you do is:

1) marry someone..
    2) place them near an empty part of your house
    3) go into build mode.
    4) build a wall around them, maybe a window so you can wave to them...

hehe.. they 'pass on' after starving for days and you keep thier money :) then, just re-marry and do the same!
    who needs to work? ;) lol...

3. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Tell us honestly. Do you use that tactic in The Sims or in real life?

4. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *sweating profusly*

err, wheres your proof?... that newly added brickwork in my unit.. err... that was there before I got here.. [face_mischief]

*faintly screaming and banging comes from behind the walls*

5. Shaven_Wookie69

Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    I saw then played Serious Sam towards the end of the LAN , i wish i had seen it earlier

6. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    The beta of Return to Castle Wolfenstein is released Saturday (American time I presume) for download. I'll put the link up when I get it.

but here are some pics :)

[image=http://members.iinet.net/~red5/New/47.jpg]
    [image=http://members.iinet.net/~red5/New/62.jpg]

7. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
  8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Does look good doesnt it..

*drools in corner*

9. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    ok, here it is, I said I would get it for you.. here it is

ftp://files.lanplace.net.nz/gamedemos/action/WolfMPTEST0915.exe

Edit: linking wouldnt work... I presume cause its an exe... if not.. who knows..

anyway, its 63mbs.. so.. only for the ppl who want to wait ;)

I have it.. and its wicked sticks... and it runs fast.. odd considering how good it looks
    Enjoy :)

10. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    New Jedi-Knight 2 Screen Shots HERE

Edit: Also battlegrounds is due out in November ;) heres the box to look out for:
    [image=http://www.lucasarts.com/insider/store/images/issue3/battlegrounds.jpg]

11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The screenshots from Star Wars: Jedi Outcast and Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds are awesome. I can't wait to buy both of these games and play them. It's good that Star Wars: Jedi Outcast will be running on the Quake 3 engine and that Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds will be running on Age of Empires 2: The Conquerors engine.

12. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    It's like a dream come true, I'm so happy :)

13. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I've tried the Wolfenstein demo. It looks pretty but it doesn't strike me as being very much different from Halflife Team Fortress. I couldn't really judge it without playing a single player version. That's what would be more likely to get me really interested in the game. To me, all the multiplayer games (team arena, counterstrike etc) are all pretty similar. I just hope the game has a good single player side and doesn't become yet another addition to the long list of games that are impressive in network mode but boring in single player mode.

14. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Agreed, Quake 3 arena with different graphics and weapoms doesn't get me excited, but a good fps with a storyline and something where you use stealth as well as brawn does interest me.

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, agreed. Online m/play Wolf is good fun. Hard but good. But thats against real ppl, its the AI that has to be good to make a game really stand out. And from what I've seen, the AI is REALLY REALLY smart...

ie, if the baddie german soldiers see you coming with a big gun and they only have a pistol (or something small) they may (and thats a MAY) decide to go for cover and call for backup. Same thing with enemy snipers, if they see you run into a bit of cover that they cant get a good shot at you, they might decide to get up and move... etc..
    Well, its due to be released on the 13th of November.. so, we will soon see ;)

16. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Did anyone here about the Red Alert 2 add-on pack, Yuri's Revenge? They had to postpone it and change the boxcover as it has New York city burning on the front. They also had to change one of the missions.

I also heard they postponed the SpiderMan Movie. If anyone has seen the teaser, you'll know why.

17. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Plus the teaser was removed from circulation, and it was great too,
    if anyone wants it, I can upload it....

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I have the Yuri's Revenge addon...
    downloaded it last night :)

u want it SK?

19. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
  20. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I also heard on a Computer program I watch on FOXTEL that Microsoft have taken most of their flight simulators of shelves since you can fly planes in New York City buildings in levels and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2002 has been delayed with certain levels with New York in them are being taken out.

Also Red Alert 2 has been taken off shelves due to the cover which has the WTC buildings on fire and the game also has a mission that has an objective to destroy the Pentagon.

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Yep, thats the way, lets all pretend they never existed,
    Terrorists: 1
    Freedom of speech: Nil.

22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I agree with ya SM

23. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    How pathetic is that, you can't even consider a fictional attack on the wtc and pentagon, but you are still free to destroy every other historical landmark and building on the face of the Earth. Why not ban all games that even hint at being violent ?

24. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Show me video game with zero violence in it, and I mean a good one.

25. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Solitare?
    hahahaha.. good, but not enthrawling, the Ai isnt good enough ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.