main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    The Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds is out, good luck downloading it :D

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
  3. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Your crazy if you download it from there unless you have cable or faster. Your better off finding somewhere closer to home to get it from.

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    SJ< the link for that Matrix mod would be great :)

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well it looks like LucasArts are working on another Star Wars game besides Battlegrounds and Jedi Outcast. The new RPG is called Knights of the Old Republic. It's from the makers of Balder's Gate. Information about the game can be found here, here and here

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I've never played Baldurs gate but it has a good reputation. This game looks promising. I'm betting half the players will want to be a scoundrel!

7. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

DAMN!

This game is good, finally a decent effort from Lucasarts. Well it wasnt Lucasarts that did most of it, I know it was the crowd from Age of Empires but hey.

It's worth the download, get yourself something like GetRight to download it.

8. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Back from the lan.. loaded with games, played Battlegrounds multiplayer, quite good... :)

I've only just recovered after the 36hour haul of gaming goodness, and another lan awaits tommorrow, so I'll be away a few days more ;)

9. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I think it's time to take the red pill SJ ;)

10. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    It the same was AOE2. Its AOE2 and just put the words Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds on the front of it. The only thing I like are the air units.

11. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't mind it being like AOEII. I loved that game and it's predecessor. I was checking out screenshots last night and I can't wait. Not sure if I can be bothered with the demo. I'll just wait for the full game.

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    I think its a definate try before u buy thing... some ppl wont like it, and I can understand why.. but I like it.. :)

13. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Yeah depends on the person, who you do like AOE2 then should be happy with it. The full game may be different, we'll have to wait i guess.

14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Well I've just downloaded the demo of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds I must say I'm impressed. A very good effort from Ensemble Studios and LucasArts. Alot better than the flops over the past 2 years. Great graphics, gameplay and the sound effects are superb. I can't wait for the final release. It is worth the download. If your a big fan of Star Wars and AOE 2 you won't be dissapointed with this.

15. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I've had some fun with the SWB demo today.. watching Vader jump up and down as he attacks buildings with his saber is kinda funny. I also managed to play my housemate over the network in the multiplayer version.... exactly like AoK in the layout of buildings etc :)

16. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    who's up for a game? contact me on icq if you wanna have a game.

17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Hello All

Just letting you know that K-Mart, Big W and Toy's 'R' Us are having a great deal for classic PC games. Many of the titles in the classic series include Lucasarts games. These are Force Commander, Jedi Knight, X-Wing Alliance, X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter, Escape from Monkey Island, Rogue Squadron 3D and more. Now the deal that I heard on the TV the other day was buy one get one game free. This is not the case. What the deal is, is that you buy a game then send away a form that lets you have the choose of another game out of a list. It's sounds like it's time to stock up if you haven't already bought these tiles. They are $24.95 each I think. I bought Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2 and X-Wing Alliance and I got 2 forms that I can send away and recieve 2 free games. Other games in the classic series include Red Alert: Tiberiun Sun, Need for Speed High Stakes, Need for Speed Porsche, Theme Park World, EA Sports FIFA 2000, EA Sports Cricket 2000 and Croc 2.

18. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    *Cough*poor*Cough*
    *Opens wallets to release a cloud of Moths*

COME BACK!!! awww... I was breeding them... :(

Anyway.. Return to Castle Wolfenstien will be on shelves (According to electronic Boutique) on the 14th of November.. (already got my copy reserved at 3 shops, whoever gets it first gets my business ;) )

And get ready for some original news... Duke Nukem Forever has been.. you guessed it... DELAYED.. Yet again!!! Not coming out until the 1st 1/4 of 2002.. It'll be out of date before its released I tell ya.. or they will start from scratch again...

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
  20. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I was wondering...

First came Dark Forces, then came Dark Forces 2: JediKnight, now comes JediKnight 2:Jedi Outcast. So does that mean Jediknight 2:Jedi Outcast is a spin off from Dark Forces 2: Jediknight and is not related to Dark Forces or is it taken directly from something new and should it be considered as Dark Forces 3 which has never been mention for Jedi Outcast so why would we call it that I dont know.

Does this also mean they will release Jedi Outcast 2 from JediKnight2: Jedi Outcast which originally came from Dark Forces 2: Jediknight which that game came from Dark Forces. Or did it?

Is anyone confused?

21. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    This is why it's a waste of time making 3D shooters have storylines most of the time....

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I think a storylines good as long as the storyline is good (not much sense in there but I hope at least a few of you understand). I thought the storyline for Jedi Knight was cheesy but I'd rather that than something like Quake II which had no purpose other than running through repetitive level after level shooting baddies.

23. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    A great example of seemlessly blending progressive story and action is Max Payne, if you haven't played this yet, do so! :)

24. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Max Paynes story is done in such an awsome way..
    Just adds to the suspense etc... good fun :)

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I guess Max Payne is a prefect example of what I mean. Max Payne has no multiplayer feature. It might be nice if it did, but people will play it anyway since it's so incredible as a single player game. I thought the same about Deus Ex (though they've since released a multiplayer patch for that).
    I find that the games I do enjoy in multiplayer are the ones I also enjoy as single player games, which is why I'm not too fond of games like Quake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.