FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Back in the day my dad wouldn't let us have a joystick! I did the xwing training with keys!!!
  2. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
  3. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Doing the a-wings or b-wings was impossible tho.. (with keys):p
  4. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think the whole game is impossible without a joystick!

I can imagine you could get through some of the recon missions and some early combat stuff I guess but anything involving a few enemy fighters, shuttles to protect etc. I think would get pretty difficult without a joystick....the game is hard enough with one!
  5. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorta want to play it now... oh well, some force unleashed tonight might help quell that urge
  6. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I will be installing xwing as soon as the kids go to bed tonight
  7. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    What edition do you have? The one I have for windows 95 had a minor graphics update over the original one and also runs on any version of windows it seems. I have it running on vista.

I still have nightmares of the error message I always used to get on the original 3.5" disk version whenever I tried to enable sound

"You do not have enough EMS Memory to support speech"

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  8. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    That was always a challenge, balancing EMS and XMS memory... lol...
  9. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    the collectors edition with the b-wing, y-wing expansions I think

I can't remember if I ever had it running with the voise overs though
  10. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Quiet weekend around here....

I managed to find my Xwing disc and as a bonus I found my Jedi Academy disc, so hopefully I'll be able to join in the next time you guys are playing.
  11. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    JA: Asked the JA question in the other thread...

lol.. Seems like Zero Punctuation ripped spore a new one: [Review] - PS Not for younger viewers (or older ones at work).. Coarse Language.
  12. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm a few missions into the first tour of x-wing, they get quite tough pretty quickly, I forgot how hard the game can be.

Also played the first level or two on Force Unleashed, pretty cool fun though I have been sick most of the weekend and that has somewhat detracted from my enjoyment.
  13. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I managed to re install x wing last night, seems my computer still had my old save game file hidden away somewhere as I'm up to about mission 7 or 9 in the first tour.

Have to save the Sullastan leader or something, I got toasted last night.
  14. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can't believe how out of practice I am...takes a while to re-learn all the keys for targeting stuff and everything let alone living through a fight of about 3 or 4 TIE's on one x-wing or even worse a y-wing!
  15. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    The mission I'm doing is in a Y-wing, it's a piece of junk
  16. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm up to about mission 10 or 11 of the first tour....I have just won the support of the Sullustans for the rebels.

Most of those missions are in Y-Wings.....you need the ion canons for them.

Now that I've spent some more time in the game I'm improving.....to be honest I don't mind the Y-Wing so much, sure it's slow and it steers like a brick but it has a tough hull and a good payload, I find that by putting laser energy into engines (as long as they have some charge left so I can still fire) it can still hold it's own against some TIE's.
  17. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm having trouble with the game continually crashing, after I have disabled the Sullastan ship and am cleaning up the Interceptors and Bombers, I'll have another try today (I'm on holidays) and see how I go.
  18. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's a pain about the crashing.....mine has been running fine but there are a few graphical glitches every now and then. I find if I change the view (i.e. look out the back of the ship) and then go back to the main view it fixes the problem.

I'm up to operation 4 of the second tour now.

I can't remember...was the b-wing a lot better then the Y-Wing? I don't recall it being a lot faster anyway.
  19. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Had more weaponry, I don't remember the speed...
  20. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    It crashed again on me last night. Just gives me the little box saying this program as experienced a problem and needs to close or something similar.

I'm also having a lot of trouble with what i would describe as lag. If i'm chasing a Tie for example, after a few twist and turns the game kinda slows and before I know it he has shot off and sometimes has made it round behind me.

Very frustrating
  21. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Picked up Civ IV: Colonization the other day, just for something a little different. So far it has me hooked despite the hard difficulty level and a bug or two, but I gather that both of those issues will be fixed soon enough, so I'm gonna stick with it for a while.

I've also heard good things about Sins of a Solar Empire, so I might try that one eventually.

Ah PC gaming, how I missed you.
  22. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    *throws JA server out the window*
    Surprisingly I haven't missed it much at all. [face_thinking]
  23. LBJ Jedi Knight

star 1
    LOL!

/Watches JA server get run over by a truck!
  24. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That's gonna leave a scar :p
  25. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't have much time for pc gaming these days. Too much time taken up in the real world. I mean world of warcraft. :p Yeah Susie & I are still playing that madly. Being a guild master's hard work but someone's gotta do it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.