main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA PC Games

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Jedi Daniel, May 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Christmas List :

SW: Galactic Battlegrounds
    RA2: Yuris Revenge
    Return to Castle Wolfenstein
    Empire Earth

:D

2. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    My Christmas List

Logitech Wingmen Joystick
    Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

3. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Hello All

The first patch for Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds is now online, ready to download.

The patch fixes up a few problems with the game such as A crash that occurred after selecting certain items in the Editor, Wookiee Carbon collection bonus is at the intended +5%, Rebel Farming Bonus is at intended +5% and Heavy Artillery is now doing proper damage. The patch is 2.0 MB in size. You will need WinZip to unzip it.

Click Here To Download

4. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Im using this really great generic joystick I picked up at Radio Shack for $30. Exactly like a Prescision Pro.

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Has anyone heard about the game called Medal of Honour: Allied Assault. Looks very good. Comes out next year and it runs on the Quake 3 engine. It's a first person shooter game set in WW2 like Saving Private Ryan. Both are very similar.

If you haven't seen any screenshots of the game do look them up, they are stunning. Gamespot has a few screenshots up and has a preview of the game.

6. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Stinky's PC Game reviews:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon:
    Overall this game is a mix of strategy and open ground combat. If you liked Rainbow 6 then you will love this. The graphics are pretty average and will run quiet chunky on most systems. Definitely a try before u buy game.
    Graphics: 8/10
    Control: 7/10
    Playability: 6/10
    Overall: 7/10

Star Trek Armada 2:
    A space combat sim with more view options then there are gameplay options. While this is true, I think the graphics look less impressive than the first S.T.A.
    Gameplay is good, however, it?s hard to enjoy as due the addition of warp drive, ships can warp past most your defenses and straight into your base.
    Graphics: 6/10
    Control: 6/10
    Playability: 9/10
    Overall: 7/10

Rollercoaster Tycoon:
    A great little game, which is very similar to an old favorite *cough*Theme Park*cough*. If you liked that game you will love this one. Setting up the individual rides, you can choose tracks that have been designed already or you can make your own. After making your own you can measure all the stats and G-forces on your rides to see what kind of pressure they will be put through. HOWEVER, having designed a ride that put the riders through 12g's max, I found that only 12ppl in 5 years plucked up the courage to ride it...(wimps). But afterwards they loved it, but still decided not to ride it again. :(
    Anyway, graphically the game is slightly dated, but it looks nice and tidy. Gameplay is relatively easy to get started and have fun.. However, due to the limited nature of the game, it can get a bit monotonous after a few days/attempts. Overall its good harmless, non-violent fun.
    Graphics: 9/10
    Control: 9/10
    Playability: 8/10
    Overall: 8.67/10

Commandos 2
    Hard, very hard. If you like the first one for the challenge, then you will like this one. 3d rotatable maps, with more character types and classes makes this game more involving than ever. Although this might not be everyones cup of tea, as the gameplay is somewhat slower than the average top-down strategy. Good graphics combined with hard, sometimes frustrating gameplay makes this a game that will last for a reasonably long time.
    Graphics: 9/10
    Control: 7/10
    Playability: 7/10 (Very frustrating at times)
    Overall: 7.6/10

Return to Castle Wolfenstein:
    Great, awesome game. Aesthetically pleasing, easy control and nice clean, detailed graphics. Runs smooth on just about any system and is creepy enough in places to make almost anyone jump. The plot is well thought out, and the maps contain various routes that can be taken (including secret passages).
    Graphics: 10/10 (Can?t give it more unfortunately)
    Control: 9/10
    Playability: 10/10
    Overall: 9.67/10 - What are you waiting for? GO GET IT NOW!!

7. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    What about a review on the Harry Potter game and Empire Earth? :)

8. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    ok then...

Empire Earth:
    Well, I approached this game open minded, due to not knowing what it was about.
    Its almost identical in most ways to Age of Empires 2, except that it goes from the stone age to the future in development. Besides that, the gameplay is easy to control and can be fun on multiplayer maps as the single player is a tad on the easy side to complete. Graphically, the game is ok, more 3d than AOE2 but it doesnt look as impressive.
    Graphics: 6/10
    Control: 8/10
    Playability: 8/10
    Overall: 7.34/10

Havent played Harry Potter (oo-er), as its not a game that really has caught my attention. (is it even out?)

9. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes there is a Harry Potter game. Its not that bad, good for 5 mins or so.

10. Shaven_Wookie69

Shaven_Wookie69 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2001
    I heard there was a Serious Sam 2

11. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Serious Sam = Fraggy Death

12. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    currently downloading the demo of Serious Sam 2... hopefully its better than the first.. which i didnt like much..

looked good.. gameplay was crap and repedative

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I now have Star Wars Galatic Battlegrounds if anyone wants to give me a challenge.

14. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I've just started the Chewbacca campaign, so I'll let you get some practice first :)

15. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Is it possible to "make a backup" of it without a crack? Or does it have cd protection?

16. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    cd protection...
    HAHAHAHAHAA...

17. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
  18. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Aliens Vs Predator 2.

Best. FPS. Ever.

19. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Its ok..
    great multiplay, but the single player games are a bit small... :(

20. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    They cannibalised the Alien dammit.

21. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Its got the speed of a drunken mountain goat now.

22. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Not when your a little face huggery thing ;)

you can jump so far and fast its sweet as :)~~
    great fun in multiplay.. wait for some unsuspecting human to round a corner and POW!

1 Fresh host.. :D

23. slaveone_2

Jul 1, 2001
    Ambushing a group of Marines in multiplayer, picking them off one by one as they go through the level ;)

24. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Ive played and finished Return to Castle Wolfenstein. Excellent story, levels, AI and I loved the silent missions.

BUT THE ENDING WAS LAME!!! :(

Harry Potter: This game was very childish but if it kept me playing to 1 in the morning to finish it it can't be that bad. Actually if you have seend the movie or read the books you would enjoy it as it reveals parts of the story you don't see. Like what was Potter doing when the other two were researching the stone in the library. NO, I won't tell you, not yet anyway. :)

That reminds me I saw a t-shirt yesterday that said "Harry Pot-Head, and the sorceror is stoned" :D :) :D

Well, I thought it was funny anyway.

25. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The of course there's the Hairy Plotter that the US military are out looking for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.