[PC, PS3, 360] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Games' started by moosemousse, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Steam is downloading my copy now. I look forward to playing this tonight when I get home from work.
  2. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Killed in my very fist fire fight, save often.

I don't believe, pre-cyborg Adam has any autosaves.

Turns out I forgot to sign on before playing, make sure you don't do that.
  3. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Seven hours of gameplay, and I've managed to avoid killing anyone so far.
  4. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    i bought it on impulse and got the first two for free, which i thought was just awesome.

should have started it downloading before i went to class, but didn't realize it came out today. oops.
  5. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Can I ask for all spoilers to be correctly highlighted, that is to saw marked with both the [color=] and [hl=] tags? It doesn't have to be black just as long as they're the same colour. It won't be out here until Friday and I don't want to run into any spoilers by accident.

Thanks. :)
  6. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    Loading times are ridiculous in this game. Every time I die or reload a save I have 30-40 seconds of sitting there staring at the screen. One of the reasons I bought this on PC was because I though this wouldn't be an issue. Grrrr [face_frustrated]
    Other than that the game is awesome though. I'm only about 4 hours in and am loving it.
  7. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    A word of Warning about the Motor City Boys and Double-T part of the "Cloak and Dagger's Quest

there is a glitch One of the Thugs in the Kitchen may fail to spawn properly, making Cloak and Daggers Uncompleatable. I went in through the wall, killed a guy at the same time Knocked out Double T(First thing), killed everyone else (I tased the gaurd outside first). And now i had a Icon that indicated a way point "somewhere over the rainbow". I suggest if you invested in super strength, blowing in through the wall like the "Koolaid man" is not the best way to go untill they patch this glitch. Too late to help me, but If you're aming to compleat the side quest I suggest you find another way to take out Double-t's thugs

I use an X-box 360
  8. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I suck at this game. :p

The stealth genre has never really been my forte. It's not that I'm not patient enough, I just can't come up with a good plan and execute it the right way, even after analyzing and memorizing guard patterns. The AI always seems to detect me and a firefight breaks out.

I've heard you can play this game guns blazing, but that it's difficult due to the fact that you die quickly and there's an extremely limited supply of ammo available. I'd like to play Deus Ex the way it seems to be intended to play, but I'm gonna need some serious help if I'm already getting stuck in early stages. It seems like a fun game and I plan on getting it down and getting good at it. Any advice?
  9. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Invest in Skin armor and arm strength.

Might Be diffuclt due to thhe fact the game almost forces you to invest in Hacking. Some Side quest require hacking to get at information there is no other way to get.

Case in point the mothers sorrow quest. I invested in the Socilization (2 points to activate) and it helped me accomplish alot. But when you have to sneak in some where and gain acess to a computer that require class 2 hacking. You are SOL.

Must investments so you can Just find a path.

Arm Strength (So you can build paths with Boxes)

or

Leg strength, to Jump Fences

or

Tough Skin, so you can weather environment damage and attacks

As I PREFER direct agressive confrontation

I have invested heavily in arm strength.Next will probably be tough skin/ or cloaking, then Leg enhancements, then AOE damage abilties.

10. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    i heard this game was ridiculously hard, and that is the only reason i have not purchased it yet. in the first two games you could go to easy mode i think, and you could use cheats. are there easy accessible console cheats on this game?
  11. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Advice: hand-to-hand takedowns whenever possible to conserve ammo (they also give extra EXP). The double-takedown upgrade can be quite useful for this. Always crouch, never run unless you're sure nobody is around. Hack everything and anything you see. Avoid combat, and look for hidden vents behind crates and boxes. Armor and leg upgrades can be left until much later in the game if you're dedicated to avoiding firefights. Waiting behind corners is useful, as takedowns freeze time (nobody else moves during them), and you can drag the bodies somewhere safe quickly.

Oh, and word of advice/warning/spoiler (but worth it, I think): under no circumstances should you accept the chip upgrade offered to you in China. It will make the next boss fight basically unwinnable, and you'll find yourself having to redo a good hour or more of game time.

And no, there are no cheats of any kind.
  12. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    There is a "Tell me a Story" mode equivilent to easy

"Give Me a Challange" equivilent to normal(What I am on)

and i guess a "Kick me in the Mivonks" I don't tuch Hard/Nightmear difficulties outside of Mass Effect.
  13. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    well, this just sucks. i apparently have a problem with my graphics card. [face_plain] have to fiddle with it. bah.
  14. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    If you can play as an "Unstoppable soilder" I am failing to see how, unless you forgo all hacking and socialization and go straight for armor and damage.

Not unless you are playing on easy.

weapons, and ganades are too expensive to lob around with impunity, and they seem to rearly drop.

As a straight soilder, even with armor enhancements, i am having trouble dealing with Detroit city brawlers, I am considering just flat out rerolling.
  15. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Finished the game. Enjoyed it, overall. Bit short, a few technical issues, and a few places where it's clearly something was either cut or the expanded version didn't make it in, but a good game.
  16. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    finally got it working, and i'm now past the intro. have to say that gave me a bit of a ME2 feeling to some degree.

TLI: what games AREN'T short now? only stuff like skyrim and GTA games aren't anymore.
  17. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I was a little worried playing through the first couple of hours, which were a little on the mediocre side to be honest. But now that Detroit's opened up and I'm getting side quests, more experience and such, my enjoyment level has skyrocketed.

So far I've augmented the social enhancer, my hacking to level two, and punching through walls (which obviously isn't the quietest of actions). I mostly try to be stealthy and use non-lethal takedowns, but I usually don't hesitate to bust out the firepower when the situation demands.

I do have one question about an earlier quest: Did anyone save the hostages during the Sarif Industries/Typhoon Recovery quest? You can't enter the room they're in lest you activate a gas bomb that you can't deactivate fast enough. I noticed an air vent on the other side of the desk in there, but couldn't find the other side of it so eventually just gave up and finished the mission without saving them. I also failed to save Zeke's hostage. What a depressing mission if done wrong.
  18. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If I recall correctly, the vent entrance was actually on the other side of the room from where they are (or somewhere else similarly unusual, possibly concealed behind something). It's a long crawl, but it worked.
  19. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    I saved the hostages through total serendipity

I Walked into the room and deactivated the bomb, with the code a terrorist had on him

[face_monkey]

Did I set of the count down? yes

Did I freak out the Hostages? yes
  20. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    :eek:

I haven't even got the game and people have already finished it! :_|
  21. JediMatteus Force Ghost

star 4
    no cheats!!!! then i may never play this game. how sad. i can only hope that the tell em a story mode is easier.

i miss the first deus ex.

fallout new vegas was not short
  22. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The three difficulty levels are all about the same if you're playing stealth. Takedowns work the same, and I'm pretty sure the difficulty only affects health and damage (meaning you'll only have more trouble with the boss fights if you're avoiding combat).
  23. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Right now i am in the FEMA detention center Kriff you gleen beck, and I am sweating bullets, I have punch through walls, lift and throw heavy objects, and cloaking skin. and thats it for usefull combat.

I have 3100+ xp to go till my next pica so I can get armor skin, and i don't think that social augment is going to help me much, Unless scathing remarks can kill in this game. Unless i can charm osilders into doing what I want, in combat situations.

I had to sneak past my first active box mech. I know they are going to be a pain in the butt, I need so many things but this game is so stingy with the XP! I am not all that great at hacking so I don't hack nearly as much as i should. I have used non-leathal take downs on 6 soilders so far. I am maxed out on space so I had to leave a sweet sniper rifle behind...

I have a feeling I am royaly borked.
  24. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    you'll note i said games like skyrim... FO:NV was kinda based on FO3, which was made by the same company as skyrim, so... yea. not likely to be a short game, or lacking in exploration. that and obsidian doesn't tend towards the shorter end of the spectrum either. KOTOR II and neverwinter nights II weren't really something i'd call short either.
  25. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6