main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In the End They'll Beg Us to Save Them: The Deus Ex Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by moosemousse, Apr 16, 2010.

1. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    yea... that's pretty much on the screwed-up side. i want what i paid for, not what they want me to get for what i paid.

2. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    I have to say it, this game is intresting but it is damn ahrd for me.

Sneaking around cold-clocking people cause I am too scared killing them will make sound. Seeing a weakned wall and wondering "Should I punch through it? Or will it bring a world of hurt down upon me?" a damn videogame is making me second guess every action before I take it?

And the Barrett fight it never occured to me to eploding barrels and fire suppression equipment at him but I had to watch a you tube video to figure it out. And it took a combination of that and Granades, and a burst of gunfire from my assualt rifle to Put the bastard down

I do love action rpgs, but this Involves more graymatter than I like. Tell me I get to be an unstoppable engine of destruction later on!

3. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    oh, forgot to mention, i saved the hostages. it was rather ridiculously easy actually. even saved what's her face at the end, which was rather easy as well. guess i'm just good at reading fake computer generated people.

i'm enjoying it so far. going as a stealth hacking maven and enjoying myself a lot. i like how much you have to think out your actions, and make sure to take things like cameras into account.

on a side note, let me just say, i LOVE EMP grenades.

4. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    I Still don't like how to compleat the sidequests you have to spec hacking.

In Shanghai justice I had to spec Hacking level 3 just to gain acess to lee's apartment and that would just be an annyoance but then after all my detective work and grilling the perp till he cracked on my very first try I am stuck on the stupid end Hacking mission Just so Malk can get an extra dig in? If i don't get a bunch of Nukes and Worms on the main quest line, then the quest isn't getting compleated.

I hate hacking, at best its a necessary evil, an annoyance at worst it impeeds game progress, I would actually like to see how the quest end And honsetly don't care about the achivement.

So the quest not only isn't getting compleated and no xp, I essentialy blew a praxis to get to Level 3 Hacking

5. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    beat the game yesterday. amazing.

a few hours into play number 2, going for the no kills route this time.

6. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    hmnn i might get this game on pc, when i gets cheaper and go all stealth

7. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Just started a no-kill playthrough on the highest difficulty, myself, but I hit a quest-breaking bug that I'm waiting for them to fix before I can continue. May have accidentally killed a hobo by landing on his head: not sure how that body got there.

8. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I did. It took a few tries but I get it with about 1.5 seconds to go. It's challenging but in a fun way.

A quick question about a 'no kill' run, does this include the first part? I don't think you can avoid killing anyone there. Also, how do you get the battery level to recharge past the first unit thing?

9. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    It does include the first part: you just have to sneak around them. And the battery will never recharge past the first unit without using items.

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Which items? I'll need to make sure I carry a small supply of them. (here's hoping they stack).

11. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Energy booster bar things, you find them all over the place. I rarely bother with them: the game's easy enough on stealth with just one if you get the energy regeneration upgrades.

12. Likewater

Dec 31, 2009
    I finaly snaped during main quest line in Heng sha trying to sneak out the Tai Lung attack on the hotel I was in, and went on a killing spree.

I knocked out everyone on the floor I originally was, punched through a wall. dropped to a lover level, I kept getting caught a pinned down. So I picked a spot that that had great cover for me, and none for anyone else. And no alternative paths to, and just started shooting. Got me a Heavy gun too.

Man, i went on a straight murder spree, I killed every one on the first floor, Then I killed every one else still standing. Killed the security in the showers, I quite literally killed my way free...and damnit! It. FELT. GOOD!

I KILL THERE FOR I AM!

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    On two occasions I've killed guys as I punched through walls. I didn't notice he was dead the first time and now I don't have any saves before that. I had a nice zero kill run going too. :(

14. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Snaped, eh?

[image=http://www.paydayadvanceuk.co.uk/news/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Severus-Snape.jpg]

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p

15. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Speaking of snapped...

[image=http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6210/6084953013_092d087cb6_o.png]

POW

16. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    You'd think they'd learn, eventually. When all your allies have mysteriously vanished, walking toward or past a corner you can't see around isn't the greatest idea in the world.

Too bad you can't go Sam Fisher on them and grab the last one for a quick interrogation.

17. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Need some help here. So I'm in the Hive and I'm on the top floor where you talk to the barman about Tong. Behind the bar is a locked door. I've tried so many times to hack the door but I'm finding it to be impossible. Can anyone help me with the code or how I can get a large number of Nuke software? I tried going both routes at the same time, but that didn't work. I tried using two Stop viruses, but that didn't work. Will upgrading to capture level 5 help? How about the hacking stealth thing?

18. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Is there a particular reason you're trying to get through the door, or is it just curiosity? I never had to go through it in my playthrough. Also, upgrading the basic hacking line doesn't seem to make it any easier, and I've never had to put any points in stealth even when hacking at level five. One of these might be what you seek, as well.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I tried that, but that didn't work, and I tried it on every panel in the building.

Edit: as for why I want in: I have a side-quest to complete and it keeps telling me that's where I need to go.

20. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    upgrade your hacking stealth all the way and you'll never have a problem with hacking again.

also, i'm enjoying THIS waaaaaay too much.

21. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    hacking stealth makes hacking absurdly easy, and once you get that up all the way the other line DOES make it easier. i noticed a drop off of everything below a 4 to 15% chance of being detected. i now am sitting on a stockpile of 50 nukes and 15 stop worms.

also, if you can, go for the red thing that starts attacking you. if you get that then basically you've taken control of the system and you don't have to worry about anything at all.

22. The Great No One

Jun 4, 2005
    i am currently sitting at 33 hours and counting, and i doubt i'll be beating this within six. seriously, how did you guys beat this the next day? playing on tell me a story or something?

23. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    30 hours is the advertised length, and plenty of people have completed it in less. You're either dying too often or taking your time. :p

24. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Truth.

25. The Loyal Imperial

Nov 19, 2007
    Vending machines are now officially mankind's greatest invention. You can completely lock enemies out of an area by using them to block off the entrances. Particularly useful at at least one point where you're rushed from two places and have to hold them off. Block the doors and they can't get in.