[PC, PS3, 360] Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Discussion in 'Games' started by moosemousse, Apr 16, 2010.

1. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    icarus and double takedown were by far the most useful to me. can't even begin to count the number of sticky situations double takedown let me solve easily. and icarus is just plain fun, and speeds things up a LOT. NO MOAR LADDARZ!:D
  2. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Unless, of course, you're going up.
  3. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Of which there are 5, 2 of them triggered. Another one is a tiny puddle in a Chinese bathroom that you can just walk around.

but hey, that's the beauty isn't it - if someone wants to walk through the elctrified water to get into the police station and never invests in jumping for Panchaea, they can. In just one day I discovered 73 things I could have done but didn't.

I do have half a mind to make a new game and start with the augs I didn't use.

Especially since I brain-farted at the end and never visited Taggart. Him informing you he's in the Server room came a few seconds before Sarif's extremely similar message pointing you towards the Machine room, so they blurred together in my mind. But I liked the fourth option best either way.
  4. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    There is another place where it's very useful too. The fight with YELENA FEDOROVA. A room full of water and four generator things that can be destroyed. If she does her claymore attack next to one of those she'll fry herself as well as you, but you can also destroy them to damage her as well. With EMP protection you just stand there going 'lol' as you shoot her.

I only really got the aug for that fight to be honest.
  5. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    I got the Aug because I have gotten too close to a few granades I have tossed, thoes protection Augs like emp sheild, the Eye glare, and Lung protection is to protect agressive players from their own weapons/tactics fall out. rather than enemy granades, and attacks.

I got the full skin Upgrade because i play extremely agressivly. I have submissioned gaurds I could have snuck past simply because I don't like leaving enemies standing.

I Do avoid robots cause they take too many Bullets, and I have to waste stun cartrages on stunning them.

Because of the max skin protection I had I beat "Mantis" on my 3rd try.

I am playing as a Gost-Soilder, and I used a Heavy rifle, as I am unsure of the Pulse rifle, I havent used it yet in battle.
  6. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    Now that makes sense. Protection from your own carnage and 6 or 7 places for those who happen to have emp/gas protection because of that.

I'm playing like an idiot on purpose in my 2nd playthrough, guns blazing and laughing at silencers. I started out by murdering the SWAT guys in the first real mission for their combat rifles.
    At the Belltower'd apartment building in Hengsha I almost couldn't shoot straight for all the giggling when one by one they approached a downed man lying in the front doorway only to get a bullet in their face themselves. 8 of them.
    I think I was just outside their hearing range, so they only had the body to go on, and no source of disturbance. Cuz once they know where you are, the AI can give you a hard time (less so if you have a shotgun or explodyvolver :D), but anything before that, it switches between sad and funny :p
  7. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    So, I got back the Hengsha again and got to do my bonus mission (short but sweet) and then I got to TYM and prepared to fight the boss there. When the cutscene came up and she was all like 'we control biochips nao, have you been to a LIMB clinic lately?' I was all like 'lol no' and then she deactivated my augs and I was all like 'NUUUUU' and sad, because apparently the save I had resumed from was after I went to the clinic and not before, and this made me sad. Then I kept getting killed so I'm gonna need to go back to the beginning and not go to LIMB.
  8. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Tip for that boss fight: get Namir to jump over the walls, then run to the side he's not on, and hammer the takedown button as he jumps over. The result will be...interesting, if you succeed.
  9. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    The Augmented Edition was worth it, if only for the grenade launcher. I forgot I had it and I just remembered as I was thinking about starting the Hengsha section again. It's lucky I remembered as it made the fight ridiculously easy. Even without augs it took less than a minute to fire off enough grenades to end it. Will try it without next time, but next time I'll have augs.
  10. JediKnight20043 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah umm Batman, Skyrim and Assassin's creed Revelations have still got to come out so you might want to hold back on that best game of this year :p. I would agree its the best game so far this year.
  11. The Great No One Force Ghost

star 8
    that fight ended up being ridiculously easy for me. namor was on one side of a wall, i was on the other, and i just used cover, peaked around to get him to shoot at me, after he had to reload snipered him a full clip, then rinse repeat. took all of like a minute that way. mix in a grenade to screw him up so he can't shoot and that was by FAR the easiest boss fight in the game.
  12. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    Yep, if you buy games new - it's going to be an expensive 3-4 months. It'll be great too, but expensive.

Q for me is which do I break the wait rule and buy full price? So far, that's looking likely to be Batman, Skyrim and AC
  13. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    I never found any granade lanchers, when I retuned to heng Sha saving saving Farida malik by KILLING EVERYONE in time, all I needed was my EMP granade, for the mech, a Mine (To take care of the agressive heavy rifleman advance), my assualt pistol to pick off 3 guys. The full uprgraded cloak + heavy rifle = Total carnage. It was as difficult as the barret fight Saving Farida not killing everyone, I kept missing one. But after 6 trys i did it!

I finaly realized what the pulse rifle is for, you bet I am saving that for any mechs.

Now, I am in Heng sha , beating up cops. That quick reflex, really saves me on taser darts.
  14. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    You get the grenade launcher after you rescue Tong's son. This is after you crash and Malek gets stuck in the chopper thing. Once you follow the lead to find the scientist you find Tong. If you have the mission he'll tell you to rescue his sone. You won't find much ammo for it, so use it sparingly.
  15. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    No Joy, I got stuck on Hengsha I accepted 2 side quests, the one for the pangea progect i compleated no promblem, the one I got from the LIMB clinicI couldn't find the new hide out, I checked the sewers but I ended up finding tong (Go figure) I got the laser rifle

Oddly enough I got the knock out achivement. Man dose the reflex aug help you out, i was down a heavy and a Assualt rifle ready to finish me off. i tapped B, take both out no problem!

Ironicly I have the fully upgraded typhoon, but i keep forgeting to use it. I am guessing it is better to save it for a boss fight.
  16. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
  17. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    I not going for no Kills, I tend to tap B instead of hold be. besides the effect is essentialy the same, and i leave no one alive or awake to revive the others.
  18. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    I just watched a video of that and lol'd. Hilariously awesome.
  19. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    Who's playing on PC?

I want to build a new rig and am wondering what graphics settings you guys are getting.

I'm looking at a Radeon 6950 paired with either an i5 2500k or i7 2600k with 4gb of ram.
  20. The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus

star 6
    GeForce GTX 580 and AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, here. Max settings still lag a bit in certain outdoor areas.
  21. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    I finished the game. I thought I was doing no-kills but apparently I was wrong. I was extremely careful not to kill anyone but...finished the game and no pop. Very disappointed/annoyed. I thought I might have messed something up in the final boss-fight so I reloaded and played again. Was very careful not to kill any incoming enemies or even robots. Still, nothing.

I popped online and found out that the tranquilizer is glitched and "sometimes" kills. Especially with head shots (which is what I normally went for). So, I've concluded I likely killed someone and didn't know it. The only redeeming factor of all this is that I stumbled across the Hangar 18 achievement and got all the E-Books without a guide. I ended up taking my sweet, sweet time with the game so I'm glad that at least paid off.

Overall, good game. Fun. Interesting. I felt like the bosses were poorly done and implemented, and the game would have benefited from something of a conversation-option system for them. I spent a lot of time being stealthy and a star-hacker and then I ran into Barret and got rocked. Thankfully I was able to get it done, but from then on I updated combat oriented augs even though I never engaged in battle. I got "Smooth Operator" and "Ghost" on nearly every mission. Would have liked an option to talk the "bosses" down, or engage in battle.

I would have liked it if it was possible to fully upgrade, but I can see why that didn't happen. I thought I'd be left wanting more praxis points but I actually ended up with 8 unused points and finished the game.

I'll give the game an overall 8/10.
  22. Jedi Ben Chosen One

star 6
    This is getting pretty good reviews from the games mags I read but how bad are the boss fights, as both slated the game for them due to the bosses being an artificial barrioer with no option other than fighting them. Given the type of game this is, I can see why this is a problem.
  23. Darth-Vassago Force Ghost

star 5
    Boss fights are...okay. They're not horrific, they're not impassable, and they're not well done. It's basically you stumble across a room and have to fight a Merc with some interesting (or not so interesting) augmentation one-on-one. If you've been a stealthy, no kill, hacker extraordinaire...this proves to be a bit of a task. The fight "areas" are usually littered with lethal weapons (shotguns, etc) since killing a boss is "okay", so you aren't up a creek if you've been using takedowns the whole game.

Overall, the boss fights themselves are easy. Just not well done. In the game there's "conversation battles", so to speak, where you have to outwit or out-talk an opponent. I think each boss battle should begin with one of these; if you fail, you fight. If you succeed, then you reap the same rewards, plus a "silver tongue" bonus. Just my thought.

Realistically I see what they were trying to do I just didn't care for it.
  24. moosemousse CR - FF:UK South

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I don't mind the boss fights as they really are just out to kill you. Their orders are to kill you and there's no way you can talk yourself out of it as it's not like they're being manipulated by anyone. The first one is easy-ish if you know the room well enough and can find the explosive barrels. The second one, well, EMP protection helps a lot here. I think I fired two, maybe three shots, at the boss there. The thirds boss can be done easily too, there's a video in one of the above posts which makes it look silly. I'm just upgrading my pistol and hoping I can get by on that as I'm going for no kills.
  25. Likewater Force Ghost

star 4
    Man the Heng Sha port was a pain. I forgot what I was looking for, and And I couldn't "Pin Down" the Package, because I got spoild and I am thinking I am looking for tongs son so out of fustration I take out every living thing in the area, I incapacitae, I kill, I even destroy the patroling bot, and the Box.

Not the bot in the undergound complex though. By the time I found the Package, i could just stroll in and do my buisness.

I also Upgraded my rifle from all the codes I got from the snipers i nocked out.