main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[PC, PS3, 360] Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by moosemousse, Jul 13, 2011.

1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    I've been playing a bit of Exterminatus and my first thought after about 5 minutes was...why wasn't this shipped with the game? This is awesome!

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    My only question is . . why aren't you ever online? :p

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Because I spend way too much time in front of the computer :p

4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    For anyone who feels like grinding to Level 41 but doesn't want to have to deal with the lag (or rather, the fact that hardly anyone is still playing this game :(), Exterminatus Private actually yields EXP. So you can play with friends and level up, or even (like how I found out last night) do it solo. Of course, you don't last long solo, but as long as you quit match every time you die you should be getting at least 1500 EXP every time. I've already leveled up once playing on my own, testing out what weapon and perk combinations work best for Exterminatus over Versus.

5. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Playing with someone is going to be easier, so get thee back into battle (with a mic)! You Emperor demands it!

6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    So playing this, having got it cheap and it's a case of the demo being far superior to the finished game, why?

Level 3 relies entirely on sending lots of bomb dogs and little else/

Then Level 4 compounds it by telling you to shoot an Ork ship, but your gun overheats rapidly, only rotates 180 degrees and this ship flies all over the place with a gun able to shoot through any cover you may take, until you wait to shoot it again. That the camera is so absymal as to render it really difficult to see a bloody great spaceship is unforgiveable. Fun? No, this doesn't come under my definition of it. This is crappy, lazy design that's as transparently weak as it game-breakingly dumb. There is no challenge to this, had the cover been effective then there'd be logic to it, as it is - well, they've just executed their game.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    You can actually remove the gun from its mountings, iirc. I don't remember there being a time limit at that point so it's not a problem, plus it gives you a chance to duck into cover to recharge shields and not die. Even on the hardest setting I think I died a few times but eventually got past it. As for "crappy, lazy design that's as transparently weak as it game-breakingly dumb" I'm going to have to strongly disagree with you there.
    And bomb dogs? There are no dogs in this game. There are squigs with bombs on, but squigs are not dogs.

8. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I probably wouldn't have got as infuriated with it as I did, but that damn machine gun was forever firing through cover!

In a lot of ways it felt like Uncharted 2's final boss battle and that's never good.

I'll give you the bomb things point though! :)