main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San A, TX Peace in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Sith_Mistress, Jun 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Mistress

Sith_Mistress Jedi Master star 3

Nov 12, 2001
    Sorry, that I have been somewhat absent lately, but I've been trying to get caught up on all of the work that I put off for the past two months due to Star Wars stuff. I want to thank everyone who helped out and participated in all of the events this May. It was a crazy hectic time, and there were times when I thought things were going to fall apart or when I questioned my sanity in all of this, but I would not trade one second of it for anything. I think we accomplished a lot of things in the past few weeks that I am very proud of, and I appreciate everyone who was a part of it.

This group has grown so much in the past couple of years. It has become something more than just a group of fans. I like to think that we have become a family, and each person brings something special and unique.

We are all individuals, and it's a natural part of human existence to have conflicts. I would like to think that we're all mature enough to discuss them openly and to learn from disagreements and mistakes. I know there are people who have left this group for their own reasons, but I wish I had known what those reasons were so that we could have learned from them. I realize some of it was just time and distance and the natural progression of things, but if there was true discontent, it would have been nice if someone had come to me to see if there was some solution. It saddens me that this open discussion didn?t happen, and that we have lost people along the way.

The thing that we should remember in all this is the one thing that has brought all of us together...STAR WARS. We all love it. It's the common ground that unites us, and for many of us, it's an essential part of who we are. I think that gets lost in all the conflict and strife between our groups. I, for one, am glad that there is an alternative to our group. I hope that means there is a place for everyone to fit in.

I, personally, thought that things went pretty well at the Missions game, even if some people thought that we "didn't get along". I appreciate SWSSA for being a part of the event, and I commend the enthusiasm they showed in the activities. I wish that I had not been so stressed out and exhausted so that I could have enjoyed the event more, but unfortunately, real life commitments took their toll on me that day. It was, however, a great opportunity to see people I hadn't seen in a long time, as well as an opportunity to meet new people who share my love of Star Wars. I may be wrong to think that everything went well, but to me, it was a baby step in the direction of better relations between our groups.

I know that lately there have been some posts on our boards and SWSSA's boards that could be construed as inflammatory or confrontational, and I have chosen to ignore them, hoping that the conflict would die down and cooler heads would prevail. Unfortunately, it seems the opposite has happened, and now there is even greater conflict and strife.

I have always tried to maintain a "live and let live" attitude concerning other fan groups, only getting involved when I feel like there is a real problem or in defense of people I consider to be my friends and family. I believe this is one of those times when I do need to step in and say that the bickering needs to stop, on both sides.

I enjoy having a forum that is open to all, so that we may have differing opinions and a wider range of input. The down side of the openness of our forum is that it also provides room for petty fighting. If you have a specific problem with someone, please do not air it on the message boards. Please contact the person privately or contact me so that I can mediate or try to come up with a solution.

The most important thing for all of us to remember is that this is a place to discuss our love of Star Wars and a place to share good times with good friends. I welcome anyone who shares this attitude to post on here so that we can all learn from one another and share the thing we love most...STAR WARS!

May the Force Be With You!
    Lisa

2. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    i will glady post on here as agreeing and supporting what lisa said. i want to take time out and say a couple of things before i leave. i just want to let everybody know on both groups that i am sorry for what has happened. i am sorry for my actions and for my emotions. i want to also apologize to you john for my posts and comments on the board. it was wrong of me to say those things about you. i am truley deeply sorry my brother. i know this subject is mostly about me,but i assure you all i want is peace. i come in peace. please forgive me for my errors. apologizes to fan force and to the swssa group as well. there has been enough bickering going on and i want the two groups to continue to coexist. come on people we had fun at the last activity. we are all star wars fans here and we should be united . treckies are the real enemy. j/k! no seriously i am being a man about the whole thing. my mistake has made me realize that all the fans of starwars are famliy. we are one big happy famliy.life is too short for wars and grudges and such petty things. because in an instant it can dissapear when you die. and before ileave this messed up world i have things to do first. from the bottom of my heart again i apologize to both groups, more importantly to you fan force. i had some of the most exciting times with you guys. i hope the two groups can continue to work together. it's about the kids and seeing their happy faces as we all dress up. enough said. may the lord jesus christ bless each and every one of you. may the force be with us all.

3. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    Lisa's post, ladies and gentlemen, is why she is in charge of this group.

I'll be the first to tell you that I got caught up in all of this childish mess and I shouldn't have. The darkside is addictive. Anger, fear, angression...the darkside are they. I'm sorry Rob. I don't dislike you in any way and I hope that our groups can exist in the same universe. We may never completely see eye to eye, but I for one will bury the hatchet.

4. robkun

robkun Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    thanks big guy. i would like to bury the hatchet too man. it's cool. i really hate the darkside. it makes you do stupid and things. i miss your wookie growl and arnold impersinations.

5. Captain_Pete_Solo

Captain_Pete_Solo Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2001
    SW Night was a success on diffrent levels. For Missions fans of all ages getting to see all their favorite Star Wars characters was a treat. To those in attendance they didn't see SWSSA, SAFF, 501st or Rebel Legion members, they saw fans dressed as characters from the movies.
    I personally enjoyed meeting SAFF members and was impressed by the detail of your costumes and sharing of SW memories, whether it was from the movies or of Celebration III and II. Seeing the kid's reaction was awesome.
    In closing I would hope that SAFF & SWSSA members can co-exist in peace and with a love of these movies that have touched all of us in personal level.
    Sincerly
    Peter A. Gonzales
    SWSSA

6. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    I know some us don't know what happened, but everyone here has shown alot of heart and that goes far in my book.

hey guys listen, we are family here. we are the ones who don't care what people say about us, we are star wars fans who choose not to hide it. and lisa (sith_m) wrote why we are here; STAR WARS!

all we have is each other here..................

my 3 cents :)

7. HISforcebewithyou

HISforcebewithyou Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2005
    Some thoughts on forgiveness, the KEY to Peace in the Galaxy...
    "Unforgiveness is like you're taking poison and hoping the other person will die..."
    "He who cannot forgive another breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself." (George Herbert)
    "When somebody you've wronged forgives you, you're spared the dull and self-diminishing throb of a guilty conscience. When you forgive somebody who has wronged you, you're spared the dismal corrosion of bitterness and wounded pride. For both parties, forgiveness means the freedom again to be at peace inside their own skins and to be glad in each other's presence." (Frederick Buechner)
    "You will know that forgiveness has begun when you recall those who hurt you and feel the power to wish them well." (Lewis B. Smedes)
    May the healing begin! -Nika, the photographer

8. pattwa_fett

pattwa_fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    nice message lisa...that is why youa re chancellor I am sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.