Edmonton Peace!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Rogue_Thunder, Aug 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I'm offically announcing what some of you have already noticed (or I have told), but I'm taking a month, to month-and-a-half long hiatus from board events.

The reasons are personal, so I won't go into them. I'm just letting everyone know that I am going to be absent from events. I also expect my posting to go down by a bit for this time, as I won't be checking the boards as much, but if you need to get ahold of me, call me at home or send me a PM.

I will still be participating in OTB (off the board) events like the RPG and so forth.

That is all.

Peace!
  2. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    I just wanted to clear the air regarding ForceFest, because I've gotten a couple PM's.

Nothing happened there that resulted in my hiatus from the boards. I've actually already started my leave before that, but I attended ForceFest anyway, because I thought the camping trip would be a good time to clear my head and relax before I dive into... stuff.

Overall I was satisfied with the trip and I thought everything went off according to plan. There were fewer people than I would have liked and I wish there was some way I could have known of the folk-fest in Jasper sooner, but other than that it was great.

Terry & Liann did a good job with the kitchen and they have my gratitude for taking it on with almost no notice.

I left this morning for personal reasons without saying goodbye because no one was up then. Shanna saw me before I left and I said my goodbye's to her.

Now that I'm back from the trip, it's time to get down to business.
  3. Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 6
    Once again I just wanted to remind everyone that while I'm posting on the boards like I'm not on hiatus that I still am... for at least a month yet.

Originally when I took my 'break' from fanforce was because I felt I was drifting apart from the group as a whole. I don't so much feel that way anymore. I've settled in and found where, and with who, I am comfortable, and I fully intend to return as the XO for our little squadron, but in the intervening time something huge came up that's rather personal that has to take priority. I can't promise my presence at an event when something might come up that would require my attention more.

Hopefully Halloween will signal the end of my sabbatical, if things go well on that date. If not, then I dont' know when I'll be returning, but believe me when I tell you I'm not ditching you guys for a holiday.

Anyway, I won't bore you with details, but suffice to say, if I say I will 100% be at something then I will be there. If I don't commit then don't expect. In the meantime stop bugging Shanna. She doesn't know much more than you guys - and she's not my keeper! :p ;)

I hope I can get back to shooting the breeze with you guys soon. So sayonara for now, and Force be wit' ya! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.