Peacekeeper Wars

Discussion in 'Daytona Beach, FL' started by ca_tron, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    OMG!!!! That was soooo awesome. I really feel sorry for Rigel now.
  2. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    I do belive I have soiled myself...

*looks down*

yep.

Did anyone else notice the "To be continued" as opposed to "To be concluded"?

*feels moist*
  3. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Dude, that's so nasty!

I definitely need to see the episodes that these were based off of, because very little of anything I saw last night made any sense to me. Then again, it could have been the E&M clouding my brain... [face_hypnotized]
  4. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry, Farscape gets me excited.

The final two hours starts tonight at 9!!
  5. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    So does that mean that they are shoving Stargate out of the way to make room for Farscape? That has to give you a little satisfaction.
  6. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    You have no idea. I eagerly await the rating numbers for last night.
  7. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
  8. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    O man. I can't wait for 9. I might end up watching it in the ERRSA office on the big screen.
    *has fantasy of Ben in tight pants*
  9. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Has a weird urge to save loads of money on my car insurance, in tight pants...
  10. ca_tron Jedi Knight

star 3
    Lol. I can't believe they killed D'Argo.
  11. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Not a bad miniseries. It was nice seeing all the characters in action again.
  12. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    "I'm your daddy!" That was great! I hate the fact that they killed him off. I hate when they kill anyone off, but at least it was in the final episode and he died like a warrior. That was truly a great scene. I loved when he was trying to tell John that he wanted to talk to Chiana. Hilarious!

That was an ending I can be happy with. They really did a great job tying up all of the loose ends. I was really worried that it was going to be done very poorly and cheesy, but I am incredibly impressed.

In an interview with the Visimag website, David Kemper talks about the pressures of fitting his vision of Farscape into a mini-series.

"I originally figured it was a five-year show," says David, "but I was ready for six and seven, and I psychologically knew we could get through seven. I didn't necessarily know where it was all going to go, but I had all the big marching points that I was going to hit along the way."

But one thing was certain ? the mini-series had to be big. "What happened was, Brian [Henson] basically said, 'Look, it needs to be huge. It needs to be an event, that wraps up this chapter, and it has to get us to a place where it feels satisfying that the journey of Farscape has some closure.' So being able to end this chapter was very appealing, because at the same time, we figured that it also allowed us a way open other doors for a potential future."

It hasn't sunk in yet that it's over. If anyone sees me tomorrow just balled up in a corner crying my eyes out, then you'll know that it's hit me.
  13. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Today, I cried. Tears of joy for the wonderful ending and tears of sarrow because it was the end.
  14. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Heck yeah baby!

'FARSCAPE' DECLARES 'WAR' ON THE COMPETITION

SCI FI Miniseries Premieres #1
    Among P18-49 and P25-54

New York, NY (October 19, 2004) -- The fans have spoken. They frelling love their Farscape. The two-night, four-hour Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars (Oct. 17-18 @ 9-11pm ET/PT) premiere averaged a 1.7 HH rating/1,916,000 P2+, making SCI FI the #1 non-sports cable network for P25-54 and P18-49 for the time period over the two nights.

SCI FI trounced its competition among P25-54, outdelivering TNT (24%), TBS (45%) and Spike TV (42%). They fared no better among P18-49, with SCI FI outperforming TNT (32%), TBS (27%) and Spike TV (35%).

Peacekeeper Wars delivered an aggregate audience of 6,883,000 viewers over the two nights (4 telecasts of Night One, 3 telecasts of Night Two).

With a 1.5 HH rating/1,735,000 P2+, Night One of Peacekeeper Wars was up 81% in HH ratings and scored triple digit increases in key demos versus the time period average for October 2003:
    ? +163% in P25-54
    ? + 202% in P18-49

Night Two of the mini soared even higher, delivering a 1.9 HH rating/2,097,000 P2+ (Oct. 18 @9-11pm ET/PT). It improved upon the previous night's premiere by:
    ? +30% in HH rating
    ? +25% in P18-49
    ? +20% in P25-54

Also, the DVD is on pre-order. It looks like you get a nifty signed pic if you pre-order.
    The incredible mini-series that Scapers have demanded is now coming to DVD for release January 18, 2005. And, when you pre-order your copy (hot off the presses) from Creation we're offering an OUTRAGEOUS special exclusive that makes us THE place to get your copy!

Packing over 4 Hours of show, plus extras,:

- "The Making of The Peacekeeper Wars " (30-minutes)
    - Interactive Conceptual Art Gallery
    - Authentic Production Storyboards
    - Spacecraft Gallery
    - And much, much more!

The specs on this are: Widescreen Video, English 5.1 Dolby Audio, English 2.0 Surround Audio, and English & Spanish Subtitles.

AND HERE'S THE CREATION EXCLUSIVE: Every order will include a hand signed autographed licensed Farscape photo! That's right: EVERY order will get an autographed photo and it gets even better: ONE in TWENTY-FIVE orders (selected randomly) will include a Ben Browder or a Claudia Black or a photo signed by both Ben and Claudia. These autographs are VERY tough to get, so this is quite the deal! But remember, EVERYONE is a winner!

This special offer is time-limited, so order today for only $19.98 by visiting us online!

THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID FOR FANS LIVING IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA.

Thanks,
  15. Jayna Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow. That's incredible. It still blows my mind that they even cancelled it in the first place.

Markus, I know that to you, this is a personal victory- so I say congrats! :D Hoorha for Farscape!
  16. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Jayna! :)

You have no idea how good it feels to actually be able to say 'I helped get this show back!'. I did the letter and e-mail thing, made phone calls, and of course wore my costume to every Con I could, most of the time being the only Farscape supporter at the event. It added a whole new level of enjoyment while watching the ending, knowing that I had a hand in helping, no matter how small, and I know Jack probably feels the same way.

And while I am extremely happy with the way it ended, I couldn't help but notice a few plots that weren't closed up. While I have no fantasies about it coming back again, I wouldn't be opposed to Farscape: The Next Generation ;)
  17. Q99213 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just got my copy of PK Wars in the mail!!! Wooooo!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.