main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Peanuts/Star Wars Parody -- HELP! Part II

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Ed Power, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Power

Ed Power Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2014
    I found this on line, but I guess it's too old to reply to. Too bad, i thought I'd found a kindred spirit, because I've been searching for this for over 3 decades myself:

http://boards.theforce.net/xentemp/index.php?threads/peanuts-star-wars-parody-help.2058/

When I was a kid and my mom would be in some boring store, like a drug store or super market, with no toys, I would plant myself in the magazine section and read comics or Mad, or Cracked, or Crazy. Whatever they had.

One of these times, I swear I read a story in either Mad or Cracked or Crazy that spoofed 'Empire Strikes Back' by putting the Peanuts characters in it.

I remember Linus was Luke, Charlie Brown was Han, Snoopy was Chewbacca, and Franklin was Lando. I also remember that when Linus/Luke was escaping being frozen in carbonite, he used his blanket to do it. Plus, and this is the reason I think I'm not imagining it, Schroeder was Lobot and the way you knew it was him was because when the others met Lando/Franklin and Schroeder/Lobot at Cloud City, the music notes from Schroeder's piano were coming out of the Lobot headpiece as if they were headphones, and I don't think at the age I was then that I could have come up with something that clever.

I've spent years online looking for SOME sign this existed, and except for an occasional "I remember that!" from a person or two, I've found NO actual sign of it.

I would LOVE to know if this actually existed, and in what magazine it ran.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.