main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi *Peeks in through the entrance*

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Xamicom, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Xamicom

Xamicom Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2015
    Hello everyone! :)
    My name is Xamicom, I am a hardcore Star Wars enthusiast from New Zealand. I have been a fan of Star Wars ever since I first watched 'A New Hope' when I was nine years old, I am now thirteen years old.

I look forward to getting involved in the community and getting to know all the people here :) I hope to have many long, interesting discussions about Star Wars, and hopefully learn some new things.

(Also one last thing, I don't get much computer time so most of my posts will be done from my phone, so please understand if my posts are a little bit shorter than average).

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Xamicom! :)

There's no problem in shorter posts. You can find all types of length here. Some write long ones, some just a word-short ones, some need tons of words to say something and some just a few, some write essays with every word being important and some write one-liner without no real content. The length isn't important, it's more what you want to say and having fun. :)

Since you're from New Zealand and your country is one of the most popular "wish to go there once in a lifetime" within the place where I live, I have a question... If people from your country start daydreaming of traveling around the world, which country is the most popular one at your place? Which one would most people love to visit at least once in their lives? I'm really curious, because here a lot of people daydream about New Zealand, Australia and USA. So where do people from these countries love to go?

Have fun and see you around! :)

3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Let me add my welcome, Xamicom! I'm sure you will enjoy the boards, as there are a lot of friendly people here and so many discussions of every type of SW topic you can think of:)

I am also interested in the answer to Skiara's question above. I have never been to NZ, but it is definitely someplace I would love to visit someday. My grandparents once had an extended holiday there (six months), and they talked about that time for years afterward. They fell in love with the beautiful country there and all the friendly people they met!

4. Xamicom

Xamicom Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2015
    Thanks for the welcomes guys :)
    I'm sorry, I don't really know the answer to your question. But a lot of other New Zealanders I know what to travel to the US.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I hail from US I'd be interested to hear what the appeal is. Welcome. :)

6. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    US as well? Interesting. Thanks. :)

7. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Welcome! Interesting... I got interested in Star Wars when I was 9, too. Only difference was that it was 1977 and I was seeing Star Wars first run in the theaters (thanks dad!). So, I've got a few more years on you. I hope you enjoy your time here!