main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*peers around warily* (Newbie Alert)

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by DreamingIce, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    Hello everyone! I'm Misha, a SW fan from way back when. I spent my childhood watching the OT over, and over, and driving my parents abosolutly crazy. But the past 5 or more years, my interest flagged.
    I stumbled upon fanfiction.net a bit over a year ago, when I was still involved in the Artemis Fowl/Harry Potter/Tamora Pierce Fandoms. The the RotS hype took hold. My SW love returned, and I shifted my main attention to the Star Wars Fandom. Then I found the link here.
    Unfortunatly, my years away from the fandom have left me with a LOT of EU books to chase up and read, and I am a little out of the loop as far as that goes. (I'll cath up soon, promise! I can't help the fact that my library has almost no SW books!:mad:)

Well, I think I had better stop rambling now, I hope I get to know some of you better!

~Misha:)

2. LeiaO

LeiaO Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Hello Misha and welcome to the boards [:D]! I know you'll love it here, there are so many boards that I think you'll find interesting :D. First of all, this place is huge which is why I recommend that you check out the 'adoptions' thread and get yourself a Master to guide you in JC :). Secondly, I think you'll love all the FanFic boards (my personal favourite is the 'beyond the saga' board) and last but not least, join us in the 'hugs', 'pillow fight' or 'newbie welcome party' threads, all great places to meet new people :). Feel free to hang out in WNU board as long as you like, that's what I do when I'm not surfing rest of JC ;). If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Have fun!

3. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Misha!
    Welcome and I'm sure you'll love it here.
    Well, LeiaO already said the important things....
    [:D] ,
    Chilla

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome DreamingIce! :)

Don't worry about your last years. There are many people who found their way back to their SW love through RotS. There are even some completely new fans around. ;) :)

And don't be mad that you haven't read many EU books, you better look forward to all the good stuff you can read and discover in the books now. :)

Enjoy your stay and reading FanFics. :D

5. SVAndrei

SVAndrei Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 6, 2004
    Welcome! I hope you will enjoy the boards!

6. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Give me a W, give me an E, give me an L... give, oh, that's taking too long. Welcome to the boards!

I hope you stick around for a long time, this place is one of the best message boards on the net. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them. Also make sure you check out all the helpful links you can find in the forum header above, like the Map of the Boards or the Forum Index.

Feel free to hang out here as long as you'd like, you can meet a lot of great friends. Enjoy your stay!

7. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome DreamingIce.

8. Darth_Fruit_Fly

Darth_Fruit_Fly Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2005
    ^ lol WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! GLAD TO HAVE YOU!!! :)

9. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    Waaaaaaah! :_| Stop getting here first CS!

10. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Waaaaaaah! Stop getting here first CS!

I can't see what is the problem. :confused:

11. Teh-Mole

Teh-Mole Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 9, 2003
    Welcome, Misha! Did you know your name means "little bear" in Russian (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyways, have fun around the boards. Come to the party in Welcome New Users. We don't bite...well...rarely.....

*AHEM* WELCOME!

12. Rilwen_Shadowflame

Rilwen_Shadowflame Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 27, 2005
    Welcome DreamingIce. That is a cool name. It sounds nice.
    Enjoy your stay. :D

13. Sango71104

Sango71104 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2005
    Welcome to the JC! :D

14. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Welcome to the boards!

Be sure to check out all the helpful links in the forum header above and the links that the othe users have given you. :)

Once again, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!!!

~Agent

15. Dark_Lady_Jada

Dark_Lady_Jada Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2004
    Welcome to the boards. Don't mind the wet wookiees :p

16. Emperor_Kilo

Emperor_Kilo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2004
    WElcome! :)

~Kilo

Thread Status: