main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Pellaeon and the Imperial Remnant (split from Thrawn thread)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by comradepitrovsky, Apr 20, 2017.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Capturing the Emperor certainly was a good move, but not the only one that Zaarin had - after all, he almost single-handedly destroyed the TIE Advanced capabilities of the Empire while acquiring advanced tech on his own side. (Which begs the question: what advanced tech might Zaarin have had to cheat death? I can think of one rather noticeable one from the Star Wars universe...)

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I wonder if the Universal Energy Cage in Legends existed then. Enough to disrupt all of Palpatine's power? Perhaps not but perhaps enough to make it so Arden Lyn was able to hold him.

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, technically Arden Lyn didn't exist then either - you're never really sure exactly how Palpatine is captured when playing TIE Fighter.

4. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Honestly I'm not sure what Zaarin could have promised Lynn? Her lover had been dead for about the same time since the end of the Pleistocene in RL.

Would have been interesting if she survived and perhaps defected-joined the Jedi maybe(reluctantly of course) she could give insight and ideas and knowledge from a period millennia before the Sith even existed.

5. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    Given she was a Dark Side magician, I imagine it was a typical Thrawn/C'boath situation. "You help me rule the galaxy, you can rule it with me."

6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't think Lynn would have been so interested in that-she wasn't interested in power she wanted her lover back as Palpatine promised.

She would have been trying to rule a galaxy whose movements of stars she was unfamiliar and dislocated from.

7. Charlemagne19

Jul 30, 2000
    That won't stop a true follower of Xendor!

:)

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Lyn did eventually move on and became romantically involved with the Dark Jedi Durrei. It's possible she and Zaarin were also involved at the time.

Arden wasn't a Dark Side Master like Joruus. Her talents lay along the lines of pure physical combat. It's possible she used some ancient, unknown Force combat skills to actually capture Palpatine. Either that, or it was just a huge loyalty test for Sidious's servants.

9. comradepitrovsky

comradepitrovsky Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2017
    Lyn was Dark Side Bruce Lee.

Gamiel and AusStig like this.