main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pellaeon, Grand Admiral

Discussion in 'Literature' started by beedubew, Jun 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beedubew

beedubew Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Which book is he elevated to Grand Admiral?

I don't remember it happening, but could have easily missed it. I remember in "The Hand of Thrawn" he was the Supreme Commander, but don't think he even wore the white uniform then. Did he wear it?

I don't think his elevation happened early on in the NJO (Dark Tide duo) so it must have happened in Destiny's Way or the Force Heretic trilogy.

Could somebody clear this up for me?

2. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not sure if he was promoted to the rank of Grand Admiral from the remainder of the Empire or if he just decided to become a Grand Admiral. By the time of the NJO Pellaeon was one of the oldest Rebellion era officers around and he has proven himself in combat. So he might have just taken up the title like so many warlords before him, though this time it was more official than most.

3. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    At the time of Darksaber, he was a Vice Admiral directly under Daala. When she resigned, so to speak, I would assume he was named Admiral in her place. (Can't remember if such is the case, I read that book awhile ago). He is referred to as "Admiral" through much of the Hand of Thrawn duology, though whether that is his actual rank or a shortening of Grand Admiral I don't know. It's very possible that since he's been the leader of the Imperial Remnant for so long, he took on the highest military position there could be. It would make him a warlord, technically; but since there was no Emperor to name him, no one can really oppose his title.

4. Darth_Kevin

Darth_Kevin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 30, 2001
    It happened "off camera". We have been having a discussion about this promotion in other threads recently.

5. Brett_Bass

Brett_Bass Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Pellaeon is promoted to full admiral after abandoning the Deep Core and returning to the Empire proper after Darksaber. He is already a Grand Admiral in Ruin, but when exactly in the interwar period the Council of Moffs promotes him to that position is unknown. It seemed relatively recent to me, but that's only based on a vague impression--not textual evidence.

6. Far_Side

Far_Side Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2003
    He probably promoted himself after disposing of Disra and Tierce and signing the peace treaty with Gavrisom. Seeing as how there is no one of higher rank then he in the Empire, and anyone who claimed to be of a higher rank is probably dead or in prison, I think that he is pretty much free to wear whatever uniform and insignia he wants to.

7. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    When she resigned, so to speak, I would assume he was named Admiral in her place. (Can't remember if such is the case, I read that book awhile ago).

Daala told him to take over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.