main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Penumbra (Star Wars fan film)

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by BeeC, Sep 15, 2015.

1. BeeC

BeeC Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2015
    pe·num·bra
    pəˈnəmbrə/
    noun
    the partially shaded outer region of the shadow cast by an opaque object.
    -the shadow cast by the earth or moon over an area experiencing a partial eclipse.
    -the less dark outer part of a sunspot, surrounding the dark core.

Ira and Graucus find trouble during their mission to find force-sensitive beings.
    Here is the link to the video:​

Hi, everyone. We hope you enjoy this fan film. We didn't have a ton of time to make this- we had about 2 weeks before school started back up. The idea of making a film was brought on by the purchasing of some Saber Forge sabers. PS: I hope this is a good place to post this. I wasn't exactly sure where it should go!

Since the majority of the assumed audience is probably Star Wars fans, i spent time researching the Star Wars wiki for some background information. Hopefully all the lore doesn't go over everyones head. However, i do believe the main message of the film could relate to anyone- as do most of the Star Wars Films (I especially drew inspiration from the Original Trilogy).

Their wasn't a budget for the film, we probably spent $150 total minus the lightsabers (A lot of thrift shopping). I was the only one behind the camera. So i had to get the shots, and at the same time make sure the mic was set up in the right spot to get the sound i needed. So make sure to take that in mind when watching- we are not professionals, just people who are Star Wars fans and are passionate about movies.

Again, thanks for watching our Star Wars Short Film!

Music: http://incompetech.com/ (Kevin Macleod)

Opening Crawl:​

Eighteen years after the Battle of​
    Yavin, since the Emperor himself​
    has fallen deep into shadow, the​
    Rebel Alliance has seen a light​
    through the darkness. Though​
    they are few in number, they've​
    done well to cease all known​
    major establishments supporting​
    the Galactic Empire.​
    One of the few remaining Jedi,​
    Luke Skywalker, has made it his​
    mission to rebuild the Jedi Order​
    by recruiting and training any​
    Force-sensitive beings he can​
    track down.​
    Preoccupied with new recruits,​
    Master Luke has tasked two​
    humans at the end of their​
    Padawan learning to find​
    beings capable of becoming​
    Jedi Knights.​

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Moving to FanFilms

3. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I thought you made an interesting choice to go with a non-standard score and feel to the opening crawl.

I didn't "buy" the transition into darkness by cutting to the moon—I think your color grade needed to get more aggressive toward darkness much sooner for that to pass. I liked your transitions of passing through the trees in the conversation, though.

Rick McCallum loves you!

4. BeeC

BeeC Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2015
    The cut to the moon wasn't to show that it was now 'night time.' The video gets gradually darker throughout the entire thing. The shot of the two planets, in outer space, overlapping each other was serving as symbolism. The same two planets are seen during the opening crawl, and at the very end of the video. All 3 showings are different.