main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto People are dumb, stupid animals.

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TomServo, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomServo

TomServo Jedi Youngling

Nov 30, 2000
    I'm not even going to talk about this until you guys have looked at it... it's just flat-out shocking.

http://www.petitiononline.com/twotower/petition.html

2. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002

well sadly i have been fearing that this might happen for some time. However i don't think any support for this petition will be garnished. I am a regular at theonering.net which is mostly american and NOONE has a problem with the new title. I think this is more a case of people trying to be politically sensitive for the sake of being sensitive. In my opinion when people feel that they are not exercising their social presence enough they try to create excuses to develop some sort of self-fulfillment. To those who feel that way, there are other ways to express this need. Two Towers was NOT the name of the structures which fell on 9/11, in fact around the world the term can be used on a regular basis to denote any two freestanding objects. So for those who find this repulsive, please rethink WHY you are looking for blame in the title naming. The fact that there is concern for 9/11 is admirable and it is a tragedy which deserves attention and continued support in the years to come. Perhaps instead of squabbling over names though, one could help those affected to get their lives back. Charitys are always open to this :)

3. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002
    i apologize for double posting but i went back to look at the site and actually read some of the comments in the signatures. To put it mildly people are mocking the campagin. Frankly i find this repulsive. While i don't support the idea of renaming the movie, to mock a sincere attempt made by someone out of the concern in their heart is a despicable act. I ask that no one make such crude comments. It is truly the offensive act here...you don't want to rename? DON'T SIGN this isn't kindergarden...everyone is entitled to their own opinion and proper respect for having that in the free world. Isn't that what americans are fighting for? the right to be safe, free and respected as individuals?

4. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Troy McClure;

"This reminds me of my case of fraudulent advertisment against the producers of the "Never ending story,"

5. AnonymousCoward

AnonymousCoward Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    Yes, some people are dumb. In fact, some people are so dumb that they can't tell a joke from the truth and unwittingly end up falling for a troll.

That petition was obviously intended as a joke and troll bait and you fell for it. Read the early signatures and you'll see just how serious they really are.

Sheesh.

6. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    *Double checks his cola*

Hey...where`s the burbon?...

7. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    ok, I think the states a a wee bit too locked down on 9/11. it has past, it has been past for several months, nothing can be done about what happened except to prevent a repeat, so I knwo rhetorically ask, why not get over it already?

BTW over 1139 sigs are on that pointless petition.

8. TopGun2001

TopGun2001 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2001
    LIONEL HUTZ:

"Mr. Simpson, this is the most blatant case of fraudulent advertising since my suit against the movie The Neverending Story"

(Troy McClure *my ass*.)

9. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Same voice actor...my bad....

10. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    What really gets me is NY people have short term memories, Fact: on sept 11 the towers went boom due to terrorists. fact 2 soon after we as canadian showed support to our american brothers and sisters, and went to war against terrorism, fact three not to long ago we lost soldiers in that war. on the same day we buried those brave men, toronto maple leafs faced the new york islanders, how did the NY ppl show their support for us, their biggest supporters in a war that changed the way of life that they held dear.... they booed us... jeers... hissed... did we deserved that, would we have done that to them.... no friggin way.. if we would have we would have been placed as monsters... first bush snubbed us in his address when he ommited us as his biggest supporters, then this happens.. how can we go on from this..............

11. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Well, obviously most of the signers aren't taking it serioiusly, I mean:

"I think they should rename New York too, because every time I hear "New York" it makes me think of that day and it makes me cry. That and the words "world," "trade," and "center" should be removed from our language as well."

"they have no sensitivity, i wont even let my two twin kids stand next to each other out of respect for 9/11"

"I, too, was galled, shocked and disoriented upon learning of the cynically crass title of Mr. Jackson's new film. I would also like to start a petition to rename Steven Spielberg's "Minority Report" because of its blatant insult to people of color. Also, the upcoming film "About A Boy" is a clear endorsement of pedophilia. I am also deeple troubled at the subtitle of the new "Star Wars" installement, "Attack of the Clones." This scandalous title is a none-too-subtle implication that scientifically duplicated humans or other animals are violent and hostile in nature -- clearly an affront to copied citizens everywhere. We shall make no progress until Hollywood stems its insensitivity to those factions of society it chooses not to understand. As an avid filmgoer, I shall shed many tears until these senseless titles cease."

"Oh thank you so much for this. Those shameless moneymongers care for nothing but themselves. Baby Jesus cries every day because of them. Every single day. Could you please start a petition to stop those fascist police from using 911 as their phone number too? That is also something that bothers me. "

I could continue to cut and paste, as the scathing sarcasm just thrills me to bits (and we thought that people were REALLY stupid), but I'm sure you could just read 'em for yourselves and enjoy a good laugh as I did...

...for the most part, I heard somewhere that this petition was started as an April Fools joke...who knew...? :p

12. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    What! there's gonna be a sequel to Fellowship of the Rings!

Cool.

Does anyone know who wrote it?

;p

Yes, people are idiots.

13. Elewyn

Apr 23, 2002

okay now i feel like an idiot, troll or no troll i spoke my mind so all those who said we fell for it...tough bananas at least we stood up for our ideals

14. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    the only people who are idiots are people who are not cool like ken

15. Duker_Duck

Duker_Duck Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2001
    LOL AOTC is an insult to all copied people. ROFLMAO we've already cloned people? Why didn't anyoen tell me so I could start a clone army?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.