main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"People Don't Talk Like That" TCW/Rebels lines that were just awful

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ninjaofthenight801, Nov 19, 2012.

1. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    It's not that I don't like the characters, it's just that some of their dialogue comes off as a bit wooden.

Especially in the movie.

But most of the dialogue is perfectly fine, and some is really incredible.

Maybe we need a good quotes thread as well?

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I was thinking a "good quotes" thread would be easier, and more light-hearted. I just knew this type of thread would draw in too many of the same tired arguments against Ahsoka's character and the dialogue given to her (which I personally didn't have a problem with). Now if you wanted to talk about awful lines, we could steer completely away from the TV series and focus on the PT movies. There's Youtube channels set up for those.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nobody is making any arguments, just listing bad lines. Nobody even needs to make any arguments, because the arguments would be...what exactly?

"That's not a bad line!"
    "Yes it is!"
    "No it isn't!"

School is out for the summer in the Northern Hemisphere and the elementary school playgrounds are closed, so let's not ruin a perfectly good thread with that ****.

That said, I'd be all over a great quotes thread, and FWIW, Ahsoka had several good lines. "I'm fine too, thanks for asking."

Now, getting back on topic:

Someone mentioned Padme and "we're not as young as we used to be."

Wasn't that said to Clovis? Not that it matters that much but I can't believe I forgot that one. I wanted to go through the screen and slap her when she said it.

I couldn't find it yesterday but her line to the Council about doing what she needed to do to "complete the mission" was also completely ****ing awful.

Mr. Atom Bomb and cwustudent like this.
  4. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, cuz nobody EVER rips on the PT (rightly) for its objectively awful dialogue/acting, right?

Or is it only tired and played out when it's something you like?

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I mentioned about the Youtube channels dedicated to ripping the PT. IMO, it's easy fodder. I probably would've appreciated the movies more if it were less dialogue; more CGI action.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    A "bad lines from the PT" thread wouldn't exactly go in this forum anyway.

7. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    The exchange between Obi Wan and Satine. Culminating in:

"The sarcasm of a soldier!"

"The delusion of a dreamer!"

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    "If I win, your army leaves Dathomir at once, if you win the nightsisters will surrender to you"-Ventress

Because all battles can easily be settled with that sort of mentality.

Trebor Sabreon and podjazd like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Pretty much all of her lines in Shades of Reason were terrible as well.

10. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I think the payoff with Anakin made that one all worth it, personally.

"What? He was gonna blow up the ship!"

Theo333, rumsmuggler, Gamiel and 3 others like this.
  11. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    That entire scene was over dramatic and over the top, so it worked for me IMO.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  12. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    "Forgive me masters but I was under the impression Darth Maul's homeworld was Iridonia" Obi Wan making a pointless attempt at retconning legends (though it wasn't called that yet) material:p

cwustudent likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, that line belongs in the great quotes thread.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    I dunno if this one is a bad line or merely a poorly delivered line, but:

"Padawan Tano! Who has done this?"

Ahsoka: ". . . The Sith!"

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just out of curiosity, this thread was supposed to cover both TCW and Rebels, right?

Just checking.

16. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    Then quote something from Rebels if you're so butthurt about it.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    • Hera: There are a lot of things we couldn't accomplish without him. You should appreciate that more.
    • Ezra: I always appreciated you, Sabine.
    • Sabine: Yes, Ezra, I know.
    • Sabine: Imperial probe droid.
    • Ezra: Does it see us?
    • Sabine: Not yet.
    • Ezra: How can you tell?
    • Sabine: Because we're not dead.
    Ezra: We have been called criminals, but we are not. We are rebels, fighting for the people, fighting for you. I'm not that old, but I remember a time when things were better on Lothal. Maybe not great, but never like this. See what the Empire has done to your lives, your families and your freedom? It's only gonna get worse... unless we stand up and fight back. It won't be easy. There will be loss and sacrifice. But we can't back down just because we're afraid. That's when we need to stand the tallest. That's what my parents taught me. That's why my new family helped me remember. Stand up together. Because that's when we're strongest-- as one
    - Go on, tell me that didn't remind you of President Whitmore's speech in Independence Day

18. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    [face_plain]

Persecution complex much?

19. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I'd quote a rebels line except I can't remember that many......

"Ok you caught me I give up.......just kidding"- Kanan, being cliche

"If all you do is fight for your life then your life means nothing"- Hera saying a line that sounds self righteous and cool except it doesn't make sense:p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    LOL now therein lies the irony! TCW ended its run over a year ago, and yet most of us here still remember scenes from the series better than we do of the more recent series to this point.

SilentGuy66 likes this.
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I've enjoyed most of the Rebels dialogue. The two cringe-worthy moments I can think of are the aforementioned "I feel cold," which was quoted before in this thread, and Kallus waxing poetic about the rebellion "sparking."

22. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    The difference between my memory of TCW dialogue and rebels dialogue is that I own TCW on DVD:p

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess the dialogue for Rebels has for the most part catered to the station it's broadcast on, so there's no point in complaining about it.

Fair enough, but if you're in the States and have Cable TV or Satellite, odds are you have the entire first season (along with episode 1 of season 2) on Demand to watch whenever you want.

24. Heero_Yuy

Nov 28, 2000
    And there's bound to be more crappy dialogue to choose from in a six season series versus one season and a premiere two parter.

25. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    ...You do realize there are almost 10 times as many TCW episodes as there are Rebels episodes, right?