main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

People seeking CG artists and CG artists seeking work... post here.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Chevalier-mal-Fet, Jun 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing all of these posts with people asking for CG artists to do work on their fanfilm... so we can make it simple, as well as less spammy.

If there are any CG artists out there who want to work on someone else's fanfilm, they can post a little 'resume' here. Among the things that this resume should include are your name of the forum, some sample of what you can do, and how anyone interested should contact you.

For filmmakers who are interested in HIRING CG artists, they can browse through the people listed here, or if there isn't anyone listed, then give the following: their name, how they can be contacted, a few samples of the shots that the artist would be required to make, the percent of the film that would likely need to be worked on by the artist, a little story blurb on what the film is about, and a way for interested people to contact you. If you have a webpage for the film, it would probably be a good idea to put a link to that on your post as well.

Happy advertising, and I hope I don't see any more posts along the lines of 'I NEED A CG ARTIST BAD FOR MY FILM!!!!!'... :p

2. Carl_el_cee

Carl_el_cee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Well... although I think many people will bash you for taking such an initiative, I think its quite a good idea myself.I'm not gonna post anything right now as I do NOT have time to make CG for fanfilms.
    I'd be more than happy to collaborate with this post as soon as I can cut myself a break.

Carl

3. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Well, most of the people that ask for people to do CG for their "fan film" won't even make a fan film. They just think too far ahead! That's why they don't post any info about their "fan film" because they don't even know what it is about!

4. Dr_Death

Dr_Death Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2002
    I need CG artists for a team that is going to develop a fully 3d film, (ie no actors required) anyone with any experience then please contact me on johnno19@btinternet.com or go on MSN my contact is RobJohnson60@hotmail.com thanks, this is not a flit film it will be produced, I am currently searching for a host and possibly have 1 the script is like 95% done, all I gotta do is write up the final bits, I've already got the storyline mapped out. I need people with all types of skills, 3d and 2d artists are required, also someone who can draw up a decent storyboard. Thnks again

5. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    "Frankly, I'm getting tired of seeing all of these posts with people asking for CG artists to do work on their fanfilm... so we can make it simple, as well as less spammy. "

I normally wouldn't do this, but come on! You've been on this forum for less than a month!

-tm

6. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    A couple weeks, actually... and I think I've seen maybe 7-10 posts asking for people to do their CG work for them. It does get old, no matter how long or how short you've been here.

7. Dr_Death

Dr_Death Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2002
    erm... I dont know what to say, isnt this supposed to be a thread to request CG artists, that what I did nothing out of line, and then you come along and slag me off, come on, I ain't done nothin wrong, why do you have to give me this crap, all I'm trying to do is make a full 3d film so YOU guys can watch it and have pleasure, come on, some one has gotta start somewhere

8. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    Chevalier-mal-Fet,

I love the idea, mainly because I think half the people asking aren't really serious about it anyway. I think you should contact the moderator and ask them to start an ***Official CG artist resumes**** thread. That way all CG artist can use it to post. The blue screen test pic thread seems to be working well. So, oh moderators, can you start a couple of "Official" threads here, as you have done in the AOTC forum to help organize us? :)

9. ANAKIN13

ANAKIN13 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    Yah and not every ones rich or has alot of money like you guys do.We make the films for the love of Star Wars and film making.we should help each other out.

10. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002

Wtf do you mean with "not rich like you guys? Whose that referring to? See!? Just by saying that you got us ALL confused :p

Carl

11. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Dr_Death, tumblemonster was slagging at me, not you. He's annoyed that I made this thread because I was tired of seeing several different threads, and I've only been here a few weeks.

Rikalonius - I don't know any of them well enough to dare. They'd smite me. :p

Anakin13... I could be insulted at that, but you're excused. Nobody ever said we had a lot of money. The vast majourity of us do NOT have a lot of money. These are labours of love and time.

12. Arfour_Peeseventeen

Arfour_Peeseventeen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Anakin13... I could be insulted at that, but you're excused. Nobody ever said we had a lot of money. The vast majourity of us do NOT have a lot of money. These are labours of love and time.

Good point there, Chevalier. If you know how to utilize what you got, you can be "poor" and still make a fanfilm. Top-of-the-line software may cost hundreds each, but if you read the TFN Theatre's FAQ/Tutorials, you'll find that there are plenty of free stuff that would assist you in your fan-film production, such as Axogon/Mainvision and Blender.

13. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Do these programs work for the mac.

I just got out of High school and I was already learning Grapic Design work in there. I have 5 films finished most of them are short films. Three are school projects and the two others are homed based. All I used was iMovie and the sill look pretty cool.

So does this site, TheForce.net, have Turorials and free programs to do CG. That would realy help...Nerak

14. Arfour_Peeseventeen

Arfour_Peeseventeen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2002
  15. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    http://www.theforce.net/theater/tutorials.shtml

There's tutorials on a variety of effects. There's also a list of more tutorials on the board. If after reading over both lists, you can't find what you need, feel free to ask.

16. Nerak

Nerak Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks, I never realy did CG work but I'm willing to learn how. But I did do work with filming, editing, transitions. With the limited resources I have I did pretty good.

If you want to check out my films

E-mail me Nerak mail

17. ExFilms

ExFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001

I want a CG artist to work on a fully animated fan film for me too!

Just email me when you're done.

:p

18. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Something went BUMP in the night...

Okay, okay, late morning.

19. Jedi_Cougar

Jedi_Cougar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, Blender is a FREE program that allows you to make 3D animated scenes.

BlenderWars.com has the latest version as well as some tutorials and forum to get you on your way.

I learned about this program about 1 week ago and I already have made something as simple as this. I have never worked in 3D before.

Newbie Blender Animation
    10seconds 1meg Divx 5

I know that things could look better but I am learning, this is a beginner video.

BlenderWars.com is seriously the way to go if you have a tight budget but want to do great 3D.

20. dark42

dark42 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2002
  21. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    Thought I'd give this thread a ::bump:: because some more CG stuff is turning up, and I'd hate it if some people didn't find out about it because of it's deep burial :D

Carl

22. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Carl has more common sense than I do. I never even thought of that, and I made the topic. *grins sheepishly*

23. Carl_el_cee

Jun 9, 2002
    ::bump::

This was and IS a good idea. And with all the new people joining, it might help some topic sorting.

lrac

24. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
  25. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL @ Casey

The problem is exactly that.

People with no concept of how difficult CG is plan all these spectacular things, don't film the proper plates (I mean, how many of you just went "...plates?") and then hand it off to a CG artist with an impossible deadline.

Frankly, CG artists usually have better things to do, like their own films.

If you "need a CG artist", you're not trying to make a film based on *your* resources now, are you? And that's really the only way to make a film at this level.

M. Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.