main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga People Who Accepted the 6-Film Tragedy Of Darth Vader Saga - What Do You Make Of This?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    I don't understand your confusion. If Han and Leia live as a family, then he is a part of the Skywalker family, just as she is a part of the Solo family. Especially if they have kids.
    As for your second question: Who said that it should? If I'm right in that the third trilogy will introduce the next generation, then the primary focus will likely be on that generation, just as the focus shifted from one generation to the next with the second trilogy. That does not in any way mean that the story will only focus on the kids of Han and Leia, though. For all we know, they might not even be in the story!

"Your focus determines your reality"
    /LM

2. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    When the price comes down on the Blu Ray set, those will be my final purchase of Star Wars films, ill never own any of Disney trilogy home releases, but I'm thinking of getting into the DC comic movies of late.

3. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    The idea of having new films is a difficult one for me. After ROTS in 2005, I had long come to the acceptance that Star Wars, as a film series, was over, and I was actually quite happy to accept it because I thought we could then focus on the EU developments. They left so much time between the films to fill with new projects, shows, games, etc, and I was so looking forward to seeing that, and how they both developed characters beyond the films and novels, while introducing new ones. I'm LOVING the Clone Wars, and everything to do with the Rise of the Empire time period. Before we received the news back in October, I had thought to myself how I would feel if we suddenly heard news that a seventh movie was to be made. For the longest time in my life, I thought I would be overjoyed and it would be, literally, a dream-come-true. Upon considering this again, however, I came to the conclusion that I would probably feel quite sad and disappointed. Needless said, the announcement from Disney wasn't the news I had hoped for.

To answer the question, I feel kind of like Disney is defiling a masterpiece. To me, at the moment, Star Wars is a six-film done deal that shouldn't be touched; I don't know what to make of the ST. I would so like to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the OT and PT, but, for the first time in my life, I think I understand how those who disliked the Prequels felt back in 1999. I'm not happy that it's DISNEY who is doing it (but that's another topic, entirely); I have a feeling that the ST, for me, will always just have a stain on it simply because of them. I can't get it out of my head that they will be "Disney films;" I would much have preferred Disney to work on the expanded universe and leave the films alone.

...actually, if anything, I would have preferred that Disney stay out of Star Wars, altogether.

4. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    Umm. Yes, well, yes. Revisionism means changes/edits to a previously different stylized work. :p:D:eek:

5. darth.ender

darth.ender Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2012
    I think every person has the right to observe or disregard whatever they want to. I hardly give any attention to EU, and in my own mind the PT is a lower level of canon. Sure, if I wanted to jump in and write a book I'd be subject to the official levels, but frankly I prefer to not consider the PT so high up. It's rather liberating to pick and choose what I believe is true and not true in what is ultimately a fictitious universe.

6. Lord Tyrannus

Lord Tyrannus Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2012
    :D:);):cool:^:)^=D=