main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

People Who Have Seen The Film (Mace vs Palpatine)

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Yin-Jun, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yin-Jun

Yin-Jun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 1, 2002
    How many of you, thought palpatine was faking his fight/defeat against Mace, I'll be the first to say I believe he was faking it, and there are so many reason's proving this, he easily takes out the other '3' jedi with no 'ease' at all, he then is fighting with mace, and has his lightsabre agains mace windu's chest, and just looks at him with that look 'i could of killed you, but anakin isn't here right now, and i need to abide my time to prove your the bad one and the jedi want to take over, so he'll become my new apprentice' so they continue fighting, then he shows a bit of 'speed' and does some flip and stuff 'why didn't he do that thru the entire fight like yoda does, mace cant do all that, he isn't fast enough' he then pretends he's weak, and gets mace to deflect his own lightning on him, so he can have this 'deformity' to show to the 'senate' of how bad the jedi have really become, he does all this with a slight smerk and 'look' at anakin and reminds him that if he dies, all hope of saving padme goes with him, he also planted this seed in anakin head whilst he was sitting in the jedi council chamber 'forseen and preplanned imo' anakin makes a decision and in a blink of an eye the emperor is zapping mace windu whilst saying 'UNLIMITED POWER' all of a sudden he's got unlimited power, just a minute ago he was a weak old man about to die, hmm.. what are your thoughts, thank you [face_love]

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    I agreeing. I think Palps played every second out to perfection. He knew Anakin was going to come, he just had to hold Mace for a short period. He easily dispatched the other three (poor old Plo Kloon) and probably would have taken Mace as well. But then that wasn't his plan.

He had to have Anakin be the one to stop Mace in order to lure him to the dark side with the promise of saving Padme's life.

Palps created a cunning and simple choice for Anakin. Either let Mace kill me and Padme dies with me, or kill Mace and sve the woman you love.

I'm sad to say, that in his position, I think I would have done the same thing.

Palps showed he doesn't really have a match with a saber when he went up against and out fought Yoda.

Every single word and act was played out to the vision of the Emperor. The only suprise in his plan was that Anakin did not kill Obi-Wan, apart from that, it all went just as he foresaw!

Also, for the record. LOVED that movie. It was so intense, so dangerous, so much pain and suffering.

3. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    I think the weakest action sequence in the film was the showdown between the emperor and the 4 Jedi Masters. The 1st 3 dies without effort or even seeing what really happened. Then again it is hard to stage a fight scene with so many people in makeup and also taking into account the age and lack of skill of the actors I guess

4. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Well I remember reading somewhere that the guy who played Kit Fisto was a 5th dan kung-fu master or something.

So i'm sure he could have given a little bit of action if required.

However you have to remember that this is the perfect opportunity for George Lucas to show just how powerful Palpatine is. Cutting down 3 Jedi Masters without so much of a blink is testiment to his amazing power and strength in the dark side.

How believable would it have been if this guy who went on to control the Galaxy, couldn't even defeat a few pesky Jedi?

And he only really lost against Mace because he needed Anakin to see that the Jedi were against him and plotting to kill him.

I think anyway?

5. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    Definately. You can see Anakin's fighter go past just about when Palpatine starts doing his weak old man act.

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Can you? I never notice that?

I did manage to catch GL and his daughter though in the opera scene (upon second viewing).

You could kind of tell it was him, on account of the chin ;)

Welcome back Master Terra. It's been a while.

Hope you stay and post a little with your fellow Welsh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.